Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

"I'm the Pit Boss. I tidy up."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Wandle Cax posted:

Yeah, how do we get one of those always effective internet save the show campaigns started?

Implement the buddy system :v:

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Wandle Cax posted:

drat, not even a full season. It's going to wrap production after episode 9.

It was cancelled already? Goddammit!

Maybe move the show to not-up-against-football day and time, and see how it does.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's not officially canceled yet, they just aren't going to make any more episodes than 9. While that doesn't bode well it is still in the realm of possibility that the show could be renewed.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Bruceski posted:

"I'm the Pit Boss. I tidy up."

Snipes is awesome. I hope he has a fight scene every episode.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I'm pleasantly lost in following the meta-plot. Snipes seemed to be the Bad Guy and sinister, but now he's helping find the wife. And Cassandra's much more friendly but has a Hidden Past. And was it Cassandra who hit him with the car in episode 1?

I mean, I'm pretty sure we're *supposed* too be lost with that plot, and they're doing a good job of subverting allies and enemies.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think last night's episode was the first time it was mentioned that Mr. Johnson also used to be a Player.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

muscles like this? posted:

I think last night's episode was the first time it was mentioned that Mr. Johnson also used to be a Player.

Yeah. I'm actually surprised how much we've learned about him (and to a lesser extent Cassandra) at this point in the show.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I hope all the remaining episodes end with Wesley Snipes kung-fu-ing somebody.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Bruceski posted:

I'm pleasantly lost in following the meta-plot. Snipes seemed to be the Bad Guy and sinister, but now he's helping find the wife. And Cassandra's much more friendly but has a Hidden Past. And was it Cassandra who hit him with the car in episode 1?

I mean, I'm pretty sure we're *supposed* too be lost with that plot, and they're doing a good job of subverting allies and enemies.

The House/Gamblers are the main bad people, so Cassandra and Mr. Johnson are kind of bad, since they work for The House, but it appears they may not have a lot of choice in the matter. There is a rapport growing between them and Alex because they work together so much and also because having all the characters in your tv show be cold with each other isn't entertaining. Cassandra especially cares about Alex, possibly because of whatever connection she has to Ginny.

Mr. Johnson is "helping" Alex find his wife most likely to keep him content and stay on top of what he knows and what he doesn't. Remember he had that computer geek friend change all that information he got off that memory chip Alex gave him to investigate? I would not be at all surprised if The House is somehow involved with Ginny's faked death.

It's also pretty obvious The Players are scouted and pushed toward situations where they'd both meet Cassandra and Mr. Johnson and agree to play.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

No Cassandra, that's a Fitbit.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
Nooo, Betty Blue disposes of bombs!

edit: Oh wow, that's certainly a new stupid newbie avatar...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sounds like this family could have used Leverage's help.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Sounds like this family could have used Leverage's help.

Now THAT'S a crossover I want to see.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
And Tiffy! A The Unit reuinion :3:

Ugh... the stories are getting so much deeper and more interesting. Including Johnson that much more has just made the show infinitely better. This is killing me.

Shows like this are why I work so hard to convince myself I like mediocre, safe procedurals like NCIS NOLA that are going to outlive us all. :sigh:

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

KatWithHands posted:

Shows like this are why I work so hard to convince myself I like mediocre, safe procedurals like NCIS NOLA that are going to outlive us all. :sigh:

Yeah, similarly I also like Hawaii five-0 although that may end after this 6th season. And the Blacklist.

And i'm enjoying Blindspot well enough and that's doing well but it's not as good as this.

Wandle Cax fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Nov 6, 2015

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Head's up, tonight is the "season" finale but the outlook isn't good for this show's future.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007

Head's up, tonight is the "season" finale but the outlook isn't good for this show's future.

Is there a way to tell if an instagram account's verified? Because if it is, Philip Winchester just confirmed on his that it's cancelled. I guess they're just waiting till the episode is done airing to make it official.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
It's effectively cancelled given how poor the ratings were and NBC stopping production basically. It's probably not coming back, along with all other shows that had their episode orders trimmed in the fall.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Like I said, I hope somebody like TNT comes to the rescue. I don't pay enough attention to TV to know how often it happens, but it did with Southland. I've been impressed with this show given I figured it'd be cheesy and terrible before I saw the pilot.

e- Cassandra with the Lara Croft look is hot.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Nov 20, 2015

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

You can't out kung fu Wesley Snipes!

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
Yep, they weren't able to shoehorn in any last-second resolution whatsoever.

Yaaayyy.

I managed to go numb about the whole cancellation thing over the last couple weeks, but now I'm just mad again. This show deserved so much better.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Who's ready for a lovely sitcom starring Amy Poehler, Chris Kattan, and Darrell Hammond to go in that time slot, followed by Chicago O'Hare TSA with Kenan Thompson and Tina Fey? :argh:

e- Sure would've liked to have known what those guns were for...

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
"And while we're making things up, I'll be Jedi Princess of Leprechauns"

I'm going to miss this show so much. It was so much better than it had any right to be.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

legoman727 posted:

"And while we're making things up, I'll be Jedi Princess of Leprechauns"
I found that funnier than anything. Cassandra owned the interrogation scene.

I'll never get tired of seeing Snipes schooling people in a fight.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

It's a drat shame that this show is ending. Such a good ride every week and I'm interested in the Jenny conspiracy obviously.

Also, there's only two women on tv that are so perfect that I'm in awe. The actress for Cassandra is one and danelia ruah from NCIS LA is the other one. Goddamn.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

KatWithHands posted:

Yep, they weren't able to shoehorn in any last-second resolution whatsoever.

Yaaayyy.

I managed to go numb about the whole cancellation thing over the last couple weeks, but now I'm just mad again. This show deserved so much better.
It felt like it ended certain aspects on an okay note but left it open-ended, which is fine.

Also don't know the chances of someone else picking it up because I think it's like a joint NBC/Sony production? Too bad, cause this was a fun action show for whatever budget these shows normally get.

I guess Winchester can now guest star on Blindspot or something now, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Sober posted:

It felt like it ended certain aspects on an okay note but left it open-ended, which is fine.

Also don't know the chances of someone else picking it up because I think it's like a joint NBC/Sony production? Too bad, cause this was a fun action show for whatever budget these shows normally get.

I guess Winchester can now guest star on Blindspot or something now, I guess.

But Blindspot lost my interest/attention several week's ago. I have a month's worth of episodes sitting on the DVR.

• Locked thread