Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HAM ON THE BONE
Aug 22, 2009

Pillbug
:catstare::catstare:

kill me

no seriously this is my personal hell so let's just get it over with. have you ever listened to 2 terrified cats yowl in unison for 3 hours straight? gets old after the first minute and after about 30 minutes of it you forget that you ever loved these fuckers. we've also had to clean up piss and poo poo twice each now. at least the cats gave literally passed out from exhaustion at this point.

2 more hours til we get to our new apartment, where the cats can run around for the first week hissing at all the new smells. moving blows, but at least I'm finally getting out of ohio and moving to a real city

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Ohio is a state not a city

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

The Taint Reaper posted:

they do only have pretend cities

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Should of killed the cats OP

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
loving OP is a lying piece of poo poo.

No one gets out of Ohio.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Why didn't you get tranquilizers from the vet?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
What's the most effective means to fight a fungal toenail infection?

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

anglerfish posted:

kill me

no seriously this is my personal hell so let's just get it over with. have you ever listened to 2 terrified cats yowl in unison for 3 hours straight? gets old after the first minute and after about 30 minutes of it you forget that you ever loved these fuckers. we've also had to clean up piss and poo poo twice each now. at least the cats gave literally passed out from exhaustion at this point.

2 more hours til we get to our new apartment, where the cats can run around for the first week hissing at all the new smells. moving blows, but at least I'm finally getting out of ohio and moving to a real city

You can stop by a gas station and get that Benadryl or generic stuff as long as it has Diphenhydramine and give each cat 1 or 1 and 1/2 dose and you will get silence from then on.

source: my dad's a vet

HAM ON THE BONE
Aug 22, 2009

Pillbug

The Taint Reaper posted:

someone must have been a geography major! indeed it is, however most cities in ohio are similarly miserable shitholes so I didn't feel distinguishing which one was necessary for the thread

it was columbus, for the curious. actually not a bad city by ohio standards but I'm much happier about my soon to be new home

Edit:

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

they do only have pretend cities

This guy gets it

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

anglerfish posted:

kill me

Yeah. I was surprised one of mine yowled the full 8 hours both days of my recent move. Every now and then, he'd nod off for a few seconds, them jerk his head up and let out a really abrupt yowl. Like "Oh poo poo! I fell asleep on the job!"

I was pleasantly surprised that no one pooped or peed all over themselves.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

leave the cats a rest stop, it's better this way

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
cats are gross and evil why do you have cats op?

HAM ON THE BONE
Aug 22, 2009

Pillbug

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Should of killed the cats OP

:agreed:

VendaGoat posted:

loving OP is a lying piece of poo poo.

No one gets out of Ohio.

I thought so too - always said that Ohio is a cultural black hole that sucks back in those brave enough to try to leave. If for some reason I have to move back there within the next year, I'll let you know my fears were correct.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Why didn't you get tranquilizers from the vet?

Read that the cats could have an adverse reaction. Starting to feel that would have been an ok option

Funky See Funky Do posted:

What's the most effective means to fight a fungal toenail infection?

Per my husband, who had toenail fungus for years, just get the over the counter stuff and use it consistently/follow the instructions. Also keep your feet dry. He doesn't have it anymore, so I guess it worked.

Decebal posted:

You can stop by a gas station and get that Benadryl or generic stuff as long as it has Diphenhydramine and give each cat 1 or 1 and 1/2 dose and you will get silence from then on.

source: my dad's a vet

gently caress I should have made this thread sooner. At this point were close enough to our destination and they've literally passed out so I'll pass, but saving this info for next time. Thanks man :catstare::respek::catstare:

HAM ON THE BONE
Aug 22, 2009

Pillbug

Bored posted:

Yeah. I was surprised one of mine yowled the full 8 hours both days of my recent move. Every now and then, he'd nod off for a few seconds, them jerk his head up and let out a really abrupt yowl. Like "Oh poo poo! I fell asleep on the job!"

I was pleasantly surprised that no one pooped or peed all over themselves.

drat your catte is a trooper. I saw mine do that several times too before they legit passed out. would have been funny if I wasn't so agitated. did your cats get sweaty paws and start panting a lot during the trip too?

Hell Yeah posted:

leave the cats a rest stop, it's better this way

the thought crossed my mind more than once. my cats are so dumb though they can't even catch the bugs in my house, let alone hunt for food, and I guess I would probably feel bad about leaving them to die.

rear end cobra posted:

cats are gross and evil why do you have cats op?

I am also gross and evil, so we have a lot of camaraderie

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
the cats are in carriers right? just ignore them

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Your cats sound pretty dumb.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
OP what would happen if you turned the music up in volume until the crying is drowned out ?

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com

anglerfish posted:

most cities in ohio are similarly miserable shitholes

Cleveland rocks. you should've moved there.

Edit:

is that slenderman in the coulds to the left? hoe-leee poo poo

VVVVVVV

HAM ON THE BONE
Aug 22, 2009

Pillbug
Current view out my window:

gently caress Indiana

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

they even made a song about it

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

anglerfish posted:

Current view out my window:

gently caress Indiana

nice windmills tho

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Make sure you don't go over your data roaming limit by posting pictures!

HAM ON THE BONE
Aug 22, 2009

Pillbug

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

the cats are in carriers right? just ignore them

Not exactly... We had bad experiences when we moved from Dayton to Columbus with the cats in carriers, so we were looking for a different option. I found this product on Amazon: cat in the bag and decided to give it a shot. They did not like it. Which, in hindsight, I probably should have expected -- watch the video on that website, it's basically the kitten mittons video from always sunny

OctoberBlues posted:

Your cats sound pretty dumb.

:agreed:

Decebal posted:

OP what would happen if you turned the music up in volume until the crying is drowned out ?

Their volume goes up with the radio's volume, we discovered.

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

Edit:

is that slenderman in the coulds to the left? hoe-leee poo poo

VVVVVVV

I've heard good things about Cleveland, especially recently. And holy poo poo I didn't notice that til you pointed it out. Indiana is the type of existential hell I would expect slenderman to hang out in. Luckily though, the view out my window looks safe currently.

HAM ON THE BONE
Aug 22, 2009

Pillbug

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

they even made a song about it

It's a good song, reminds me of childhood

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

nice windmills tho

There are so many in Indiana, it gets a little creepy

OctoberBlues posted:

Make sure you don't go over your data roaming limit by posting pictures!

Company phone, so no worries there. Probably shouldn't be on the awful app with it but eh gently caress it. In fact, here, have another photo:

the beast awakens :toxogond:

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
chicago loving sucks

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Did you try beating your cats? If not give it a whirl.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Harrower posted:

Did you try beating your cats? If not give it a whirl.

have you ever just tried sitting down with your cats and beating them?

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008
Do a gun murder on the cats so you're all warmed up

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Just leave the loving cats at the side of the road. If you feel you MUST have plants on legs in your home, just buy 2 new ones; they are all the loving same.

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.
Did you ask clockwerk for advice? That goon seems like he knows how to drive 6 hours for cats

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

I demand more pictures of the cats

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
is one of them named Toonces? If so get the hell out of that car now.

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth
You hosed up, OP. I drove to Chicago from coastal NC with two cats, alone. Cats got some Xanax at the start and stayed chill. The drive was fine, aside from having to drive through OH and IN.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

safetyStanddown posted:

You hosed up, OP. I drove to Chicago from coastal NC with two cats, alone. Cats got some Xanax at the start and stayed chill. The drive was fine, aside from having to drive through OH and IN.

You hosed up. You should have taken the xanax and then you could have arrived in Chicago 15 hours later with no idea how you got there and no memory of how pissed off your cats were.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Drink some joose and trade your cats for a grand piano

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

amityville anus posted:

Drink some joose and trade your cats for a grand piano

no. pay for the grand piano then squeeze your cats to make them play

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
how long until the cannibalism begins?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
odd, my brother did 8 hour drives with 2 cats on the regular, from ohio to pennsylvania and vice versa, said they were perfect angels not your little shitheads though nope

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
You're moving to "Chicago" yet I'm sure your address is in Schaumburg or some other poo poo gently caress suburb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!
Sorry the trip sucks. My cat loves car rides and spends most of the time looking out the window.

• Locked thread