Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
I just finished binging through Drive, it's been a wild ride. Banno's voice actor and suit actor sold the gently caress out of his character. Every scene with Gold Drive was golden (pun not intended :v:) The show also had a lot of great characters, both in acting and writing. Brain had a lot of good scenes, first as a goony troll and then with a redemption arc. Chase's actor did an amazing job deadpanning all his lines. And Heart...

:qq: MR. HEART :qq:

Heart was the show's main character all along. His last scene was probably on the same level as Philip's goodbye in W in terms of gut-wrenching emotions. Overall it was an enjoyable watch. Tridoron form looks great for a super form, I can't stop thinking Mach Dead Heat's upside down spoiler on the face looks goofy as gently caress and I am grateful we continue to get non-animal themed monsters (Brain and Heart's designs are so good.)

Hopefully Ghost can pick up the slack. I watched the first episode and the suit looked great, but I didn't like the lack of world-building and there was no sense of what kind of episodic stories it wants to tell, just a barebones setup of what the end goal is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Sodomy Non Sapiens posted:

For people like me who have seen no toku at all outside of Power Rangers when you're a kid, if you're wondering what to watch, watch Gokaiger

It's cool and good, and they are space pirates (which is awesome) who can transform into all the other Power Rangers (which is awesome).

Unlike Decade, you can go into Gokaiger blind and still be able to enjoy it fairly well. However, it's a lot better if you watch it after having seen at least a few of the series' it's paying homage to first. It also kind of spoils two major things from Shinkenger and Jetman, though to be fair it does it in a way that you wouldn't really know they were spoilers unless you'd seen those series yourself.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
It is gonna be great when during the next big crossover movie heart shows up in a crowd of other random monsters completely unmentioned.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Serious Frolicking posted:

It is gonna be great when during the next big crossover movie heart shows up in a crowd of other random monsters completely unmentioned.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

He's going to go the Kaito Method of 'You thought I was on your side? gently caress you.' and turn around and jack someone in the jaw.

This I believe.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Stallion Cabana posted:

He's going to go the Kaito Method of 'You thought I was on your side? gently caress you.' and turn around and jack someone in the jaw.

This I believe.
I would love the hell out of that, not gonna lie.

And man, I still love the suit design for Overlord Kaito.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

If the next Movie Wars has a bit where Lord Baron and Heart team up to fight the bad guys it will instantly become a 10/10 movie for me.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Omnicrom posted:

If the next Movie Wars has a bit where Lord Baron and Heart team up to fight the bad guys it will instantly become a 10/10 movie for me.

Too bad, it will be all about a new secret rider who is the strongest ever, even stronger than the previous 5 or so secret riders who were also the strongest ever. None of the participants in the big brawl scene will actually get lines.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I finally started watching Daimajin Kanon, after having it sitting on my hard drive for years.

This is a fun and neat show.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
just watched ghost 1.
seems like they're going with a lighter series after gaim and drive. I doubt there will be sympathy for the ganma like the overlords and roidmudes had.
it reminds me a lot of what I saw of Den-O, but with a protagonist and a premise that I actually like so far.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Even though it's technically not toku, I started watching Samurai Flamenco recently and just finished episode 9. This is a really good show, and it's turned out to not be what I expected it to be.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The new Garo anime started already, right? If anyone has seen it, do say how the first episode was.

Me, I'm not checking that thing until someone confirms that it is worth checking. I fully expect it to be terrible.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
It would be stranger if a new season of garo wasn't completely awful, at this point.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

It would be stranger if a new season of garo wasn't completely awful, at this point.

I'd heard at least lukewarm things about the first anime series. At least it doesn't get the drubbing that GARO 3 and 5 have earned.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Omnicrom posted:

I'd heard at least lukewarm things about the first anime series. At least it doesn't get the drubbing that GARO 3 and 5 have earned.

Lukewarm is about right. For the minute or so of a horse surfing on a giant sword you have to deal with a whole lot of tedium.

Except s1 of the garo anime, because that show was amazing.

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:
So the new episode of Ghost is out I love how stylish his suit design is so far, Its still a little bit annoying how Akari still denies that Ganma exists but the preview seems to show that she gets over her skepticism so I'm not that upset. I love the little details so far, like how ghost's base form without a hoodie is really similar to a base Ganma, and how the suped up Ganma sheds a hoodie when its destroyed.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Quincytbb posted:

So the new episode of Ghost is out I love how stylish his suit design is so far, Its still a little bit annoying how Akari still denies that Ganma exists but the preview seems to show that she gets over her skepticism so I'm not that upset. I love the little details so far, like how ghost's base form without a hoodie is really similar to a base Ganma, and how the suped up Ganma sheds a hoodie when its destroyed.

Yeah, I like those details a lot, too. It's cool when the Rider is clearly drawing from the same source of power as his villains.

I think they're saving Akari's "coming around to reality" moment for like when something extra hosed-up happens like 10 episodes down the line when we get the secondary rider, or the first power-up form, or something. I'm guessing Takeru's friends will get pulled into the Ganma dimension or something similarly serious. At the very least, she'll be able to shift over to, "oh, ghosts are just extradimensional life forms".

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

deadly_pudding posted:

I think they're saving Akari's "coming around to reality" moment for like when something extra hosed-up happens like 10 episodes down the line when we get the secondary rider, or the first power-up form, or something.

I may not be able to last another ten episodes of Akari violently screeching about how ghosts aren't real despite being physically hauled around by them and harassed by her dead crush's intangibility antics. Between her and Onari it's like having two Shunpeis around.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
Okay yeah they're definitely going for a lighter tone and I'm liking it so far. I could use a lighter rider show right now!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Shaezerus posted:

I may not be able to last another ten episodes of Akari violently screeching about how ghosts aren't real despite being physically hauled around by them and harassed by her dead crush's intangibility antics.
Those drat hemmoroids!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Poison Mushroom posted:

Those drat hemmoroids!

Hey, Genpachi had his memory hosed with and still managed to investigate properly. All that early comic relief stuff was actually him being an absolutely amazing detective.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Quincytbb posted:

The substance might not all be there yet so it's not clear if we're getting Wizard or Fourze yet at this point. Also, for the next Eyecon I don't think Robin Hood is a real person so how can there be a ghost of a fictional character/myth/legend?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Shaezerus posted:

I may not be able to last another ten episodes of Akari violently screeching about how ghosts aren't real despite being physically hauled around by them and harassed by her dead crush's intangibility antics. Between her and Onari it's like having two Shunpeis around.

I think this is what makes me really dislike this show. Our main cast is composed of two incredibly annoying one-note characters, and a hero who hasn't done a lot to make me like him but at least seems to have a bit more to him.

I really hope they improve soon, because a bad cast can make me ignore everything else.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Xelkelvos posted:

The substance might not all be there yet so it's not clear if we're getting Wizard or Fourze yet at this point. Also, for the next Eyecon I don't think Robin Hood is a real person so how can there be a ghost of a fictional character/myth/legend?

There's a lot of debate over whether he's entirely fictional, or based on a real person, kind of like King Arthur. Like any other incongruities, if you don't like it then you can blame Decade.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

I think this is what makes me really dislike this show. Our main cast is composed of two incredibly annoying one-note characters, and a hero who hasn't done a lot to make me like him but at least seems to have a bit more to him.

I really hope they improve soon, because a bad cast can make me ignore everything else.

We may have a return of Wizard yet...

On Nin2ger, I would a sexy wasp lady. However, the giant was on her costume was pulling down the vest with the fake cleavage making it look lopsided. Otoh, the new robot whose finisher is literally firing the team at the enemy is amusing. Kasumi may also have a thing for Yakumo even though they're cousins. :shrug:

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Akari doesn't deny things happening, just thinks Mad Science is involved not ghosts, she's alright.

Is there some japanese folklore that explains why horse + bike + pirate ship + ghosts = iguana

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I still think Ghost's Major issue is just that it needs to slow down. Like this show is gonna last 48 episodes. They could slow down a bit and really show things. Right now it's just super frantic; Takeru gets Edison form for all of 3 seconds to instantly preform a finishing move. Like, I get they need to get the toys onto the show but still.

I think the show can still be good though, tbh. Like it's getting a slightly rocky start but I think it can go places.

EDIT: Also Ninninger gets like 3 lovely Takaharu episodes after this amazing episode this week. It's so sad that they clearly can make good episodes but just generally don't.

Stallion Cabana fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Oct 13, 2015

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Xelkelvos posted:

because it's a goddamn superhero show

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Literally The Worst posted:

because it's a goddamn superhero show

This is also Decade's fault :argh:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The way Ghost's forms are looking it's like it's leaning towards Wizard's four base forms, then upgrades for them so they're just rushing through them as quickly as possible. Fourze had new forms or a new weapon pretty much every episode and the pacing was still a thousand times better than this.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Flameingblack posted:

The way Ghost's forms are looking it's like it's leaning towards Wizard's four base forms, then upgrades for them so they're just rushing through them as quickly as possible. Fourze had new forms or a new weapon pretty much every episode and the pacing was still a thousand times better than this.

It kind of seems like the current pacing has him becoming human again by episode 15 or 20, but I have a feeling they'll throw some kind of wrench into the works where at least one of those souls is already being worn by some kind of super Ganma, or it takes him until the penultimate episode to realize that the 15th heroic soul is himself, or some poo poo.

If it's a proper Kamen Rider ending, he'll blow his wish on saving the world, and permanently transform into a CGI hoodie.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I guess they ran out of actual historical figures already. Understandable, as it isn't like there are a whole lot of notable dead people to draw from.

The 4th eyecon will be goku.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

I guess they ran out of actual historical figures already. Understandable, as it isn't like there are a whole lot of notable dead people to draw from.

The 4th eyecon will be goku.

I am so in favor of this.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Well, according to sound files hacked out of the Ghost Driver, one of the souls is Ishinomori so there's that to look forward to.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Waffleman_ posted:

Well, according to sound files hacked out of the Ghost Driver, one of the souls is Ishinomori so there's that to look forward to.

Doesn't mean there's going to be an Ishinomori Eyecon in the series though. Driver toys always have weird/extra sounds like that in them.

I think it was Fourze's belt that had a sound effect for a HAPPY BIRTHDAY switch?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Well, I mean, next year's the 45th anniversary of the series, so....

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Dexie posted:

Doesn't mean there's going to be an Ishinomori Eyecon in the series though. Driver toys always have weird/extra sounds like that in them.

I think it was Fourze's belt that had a sound effect for a HAPPY BIRTHDAY switch?

It might be planned for the movie.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
I don't know how you'd base a rider form on chain smoking and insomnia but I'm excited to see how they pull it off.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Fooley posted:

I don't know how you'd base a rider form on chain smoking and insomnia but I'm excited to see how they pull it off.

It'd be the power of manga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I like the theory that it's almost certainly going to be for one of the movies.

• Locked thread