Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

rediscover posted:

the xbox one has good ram

I hate to be a buzzkill, but no, it doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Wormskull posted:

The LB and RB buttons are just pure nonsense, but the triggers are nice.

Yep. Everything else is fine but those buttons are hosed.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

net cafe scandal posted:

I hate to be a buzzkill, but no, it doesn't.

oh yeah? what kind of ram does it have then einstein? and don't say bad ram.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

rediscover posted:

oh yeah? what kind of ram does it have then einstein? and don't say bad ram.

Incompatible ram.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
d9es the xbox one even HAVE ram?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

THE PENETRATOR posted:

It has lots of ram, plus its the good kind too.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

THE PENETRATOR posted:

The new one that costs like a hundo dollars has upgradable ram.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

rediscover posted:

It has lots of ram, plus its the good kind too.

Oh my God.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Rediscover, your trolling is seriously getting out of hand.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I have not bought a steam controller because the D pad thing looks sketchy.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The DS4 is a nice controller.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

the DS4 rules

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I had to buy a new DS4 last week because something got into the D-pad on my original one and made it unusable and I was PO'ed.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

rediscover posted:

the DS4 rules

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Hell he sent me his own review over steam messages. http://vocaroo.com/i/s1D2z2gyJxsK

I'm tempted to listen to this on a packed train without earphones. Wormakull vocaroos are THAT good.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
my steam controller is here and it kick's the 360 controller's rear end!!

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
actually tbf, in controller only games i think i'd prefer a second stick to the trackpad. might change depending on how used i get to it; i prefer inverted camera controls but that feels weird on a trackpad. the button placement is loving me up thanks to muscle memory also

but the extra grip buttons are pretty nice and i like the haptic feedback. the trackpad also works real good as a mouse replacement

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

actually tbf, in controller only games i think i'd prefer a second stick to the trackpad. might change depending on how used i get to it; i prefer inverted camera controls but that feels weird on a trackpad. the button placement is loving me up thanks to muscle memory also

but the extra grip buttons are pretty nice and i like the haptic feedback. the trackpad also works real good as a mouse replacement

How is the D pad thing. I can't wrap my head around how it would feel from looking at it.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

How is the D pad thing. I can't wrap my head around how it would feel from looking at it.

functionally it's the same thing as the trackpad with some directions on it. by default you have to click it in to activate the directions, you can set it to work by touch, though i don't know why you'd ever do that. it works well enough, a bit stiff but it's worked well enough so far. it is just a disc that you can push in all directions. not really a fighting game guy so can't comment on its effectiveness for intensive use though

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Bump

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

functionally it's the same thing as the trackpad with some directions on it. by default you have to click it in to activate the directions, you can set it to work by touch, though i don't know why you'd ever do that. it works well enough, a bit stiff but it's worked well enough so far. it is just a disc that you can push in all directions. not really a fighting game guy so can't comment on its effectiveness for intensive use though

I heard it's unusable for FGs since it's not actually digital input.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
I feel like I'm the only person on the planet that still uses a Dualshock 3 for PC gaming

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Mach2 posted:

I feel like I'm the only person on the planet that still uses a Dualshock 3 for PC gaming

I'm.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
I'm wondering if it's worth buying a bluetooth dongle so I don't have to be wired

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

In Training posted:

I heard it's unusable for FGs since it's not actually digital input.

Ah that's pretty much the entire reason I would want a controller for my PC, so I'm not getting a steam controller. Thanks

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Ah that's pretty much the entire reason I would want a controller for my PC, so I'm not getting a steam controller. Thanks

yeah i'm a weirdo who prefers controller to kb+m most of the time and my impression so far is that the steam controller is really good replacement for that but not quite as good as say a 360 controller for controller focused games

i'd still us kb+m for fps games though, i'm not insane

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ah, finally, a dedicated map gaming controller.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

yeah i'm a weirdo who prefers controller to kb+m most of the time and my impression so far is that the steam controller is really good replacement for that but not quite as good as say a 360 controller for controller focused games

i'd still us kb+m for fps games though, i'm not insane

The 360 d pad is shite.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the xbone controller dpad is extremely win. its the closest thing to a nintendo one

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

the xbone controller dpad is extremely win. its the closest thing to a nintendo one

Nintendo still makes hands down the best controller in the Wii U Pro Controller so buy one of them and an adapter for it, IMO. Only problem is the buttons have the same letters but in different locations from Xinput or whatever it is so your brain might get hosed up a little bit, although actually the one from Mayflash I have might map the buttons so that if it calls for A you hit the actual nintendo A button.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
Early reports on the STEAM controller: It's rear end.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm frankly excited for it as a map gaming and other laying on my bed gaming.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

I'm frankly excited for it as a map gaming and other laying on my bed gaming.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Ah, finally, a dedicated map gaming controller.

It's crazy that this is true.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

You could get a nice stick or hitbox for a bit more than a steam controller, so you might as well do that I suppose

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

It's crazy that this is true.

A specialized controller for the one single genre of PC exclusive that can comfortably be played with one hand whilst reclined.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

instacomedy is the poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

net cafe scandal posted:

A specialized controller for the one single genre of PC exclusive that can comfortably be played with one hand whilst reclined.

I just realized the only keyboard shortcut I use for those games are the 5 mapmode binds and space lol.

• Locked thread