Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012
is the controller good I'm thinking about getting it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I haven't gotten much occasion to really use it much so I can only say right now that if you want to spend 50 dollars on a sort of impressive curiosity it's cool for that.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I can see it being cool for stuff but it's weird to get used to. The biggest problem with it is how much it depends on Steam and specifically Big Picture mode which hopefully they plan to change.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
plaid cargos are in right now.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I've tried to show some of it but there really is a ton of options and configuring you can do on it and for me 50 dollars for that kind of versatility with the kind of quality I've seen out of it is pretty wild. Razer would of sold the exact same thing for like 120 dollars probably.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
the judge from the trial is actually a giant penor

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

trackpad + gyro precision aiming is fun as gently caress.

also now the new Steam beta lets you use the on-screen keyboard in desktop mode

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

turnways posted:

where do I enable this?

"Minimize big picture mode" just makes steam lock up on my computer awesome

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Nov 15, 2015

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

turnways posted:

trackpad + gyro precision aiming is fun as gently caress.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

the haptic feedback for gyro aiming was unexpected but really really good

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
my gyro aim/trackpad setup:

gyro:
always on
very low sensitivity
haptic feedback off

trackpad:
medium acceleration
high sensitivity (twice baseline)
low haptic feedback

you:
lean back and enjoy gaming ambrosia

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

SeXReX posted:

where do I enable this?

"Minimize big picture mode" just makes steam lock up on my computer awesome

gently caress, that's exactly how you have to do it

you could try alt-tabbing out of big picture, maybe that will work

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The first thing I've been messing with this much on is Fallout 4 lol. The fanciest thing it's doing is I have it so the trigger just attacks unless I hit it real fast and then it does a bash or whatever. I think it'd be neat if they somehow made one where it shows on the controller or if there was a better OSD of like what the buttons are mapped to in case you have to play something without xinput or whatever.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I also used a mode shift to make sure it doesn't bash if I'm using ironsights... This thing is pretty drat epic and I can where it can fill in for times when a developer wasn't smart about stuff or if they didn't properly support gamepads or whatever.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Also it's a little cattywompus but I made it so the inner section of the analog stick adds the walk key to the input.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Did anybody buy a steam controller?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

bump

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

R>C>P

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Me, and it's awesome.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I did, and I enjoy it.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
It's good, and so is the steam link.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Also it's a little cattywompus but I made it so the inner section of the analog stick adds the walk key to the input.

Yeah, switching Fallout 4 to kb/m mode then rebinding all the buttons to key presses was the only way i could make the aiming not complete rear end, until someone finds a way to mod in a hybrid control mode.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm tempted to buy one of these and playthrough the Advanced Warfare campaign to try it out.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

turnways posted:

Yeah, switching Fallout 4 to kb/m mode then rebinding all the buttons to key presses was the only way i could make the aiming not complete rear end, until someone finds a way to mod in a hybrid control mode.

i was trying out different control schemes with fallout 3 and the mouse-like simulated joystick worked pretty well, did you try that one?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

You could mess with the smoothing thing as well.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

just realized your supposed to scroll with the left pad by moving your thumb around it in a circle :doh:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

On some things it's just a normal rear end scroll by hitting up and down but I think that's in button mode. In scroll wheel mode yea it's a rolling motion.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Jenny Agutter posted:

i was trying out different control schemes with fallout 3 and the mouse-like simulated joystick worked pretty well, did you try that one?

i did and it was unfortunately pretty jittery. mouse-only is a lot smoother and more precise, at least with Fallout 4

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

In Training posted:

I'm tempted to buy one of these and playthrough the Advanced Warfare campaign to try it out.

Please do not buy a controller to play a FPS, it makes the baby jeebus cry.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The France thread got gassed so I'll post this here

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Lmao Draysen

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpy the Cook posted:

jeez

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

that profile picture was changed by a social media professional who's careful managing of online presence can help engage userbase and establish a brand

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Every day I thank the Lord above for Joke Explanation Men.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

SeXReX posted:

that profile picture was changed by a social media professional who's careful managing of online presence can help engage userbase and establish a brand

You need a medical professional to carefully manage your spastic brain.

Dec 26, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Every day I thank the Lord above for Joke Explanation Men.

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

SeXReX posted:

It continues to establish that Mad Catz is a bad brand, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Flagrama posted:

It continues to establish that Mad Catz is a bad brand, yeah.

sure, a razer product might DC in the middle of the finals of the world's biggest FG tournament, but at least their social media guy didn't just blindly click a button on facebook.

• Locked thread