Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
also, I bumped this thread, then bought a Steam Controller.

sorry for doing it backwards OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Flagrama posted:

It continues to establish that Mad Catz is a bad brand, yeah.

mad catz makes good arcade sticks now

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Every day I thank the Lord above for Joke Explanation Men.

Lol.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
madcatz executives should be waterboarded for that

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
well it doesn't hang when I minimize anymore, just crashed when I try to type with it.

progress!

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

SeXReX posted:

well it doesn't hang when I minimize anymore, just crashed when I try to type with it.

progress!

What the hell are you talking about dude.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

rediscover posted:

What the hell are you talking about dude.

in order to use the on screen keyboard you need to leave big picture mode running and minimize it.

the first beta patch that had this feature would just lock up steam when I minimized, now I am able to continue using it until I try to actually type something

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

well i got one and it's okay. I wish they had made the d-pad and the thumb trackpad modular so you could swap them out and poo poo. hell make the whole thing modular so I can change that poo poo based on the game

on the plus side it's hella cheap to buy

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Please let sexrexs controller work flawlessly so as to not entice him to post, Amen.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

HORMELCHILI posted:

Please let sexrexs controller work flawlessly so as to not entice him to post, Amen.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
New firmware update.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Question: are you able to download firmware updates and community-made control schemes without going into big picture mode first? I can't seem to find a way.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Question: are you able to download firmware updates and community-made control schemes without going into big picture mode first? I can't seem to find a way.

I don't think so because Steam is obsessed with Big Picture mode and it's annoying.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My latest problem with it besides big picture requirement is in mouse mode the bottom right half of the left pad or the bottom left half of the right pad I think doesn't register inputs but it works in the other modes it seems like which I don't get.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Does this work with ps4?

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Sage.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
When would I want this over a DualShock, OP? Does it do some kinda mouse emulation or something.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ragg posted:

When would I want this over a DualShock, OP? Does it do some kinda mouse emulation or something.

It does a number of pretty epic things, and is probably the most versatile modern style controller available outside of a mouse and keyboard, OP.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
But is it worth buying. I feel like I'm better waiting for a version 2 or something

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think it's worth buying if you're the kind of person who regularly finds themselves using a controller to game and is currently looking to buy one.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's only for PC, and you have to use it through steam.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's priced the same as the other ones and the only really hosed up thing about it is, compared to the other ones, is it's got only one analog stick and then a track pad that's weird to get used to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Well the only really hosed up thing about it regarding uhhh how controllers are used. Or whatever. There's problems like big picture requirement and stuff too but whatever.

• Locked thread