Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
This month has been full of bright and sunny days in Halcyon City. A few days ago, the dawn rose not only over the city, but over its newest superhero team - the Halcyon Knights! Though opinions on a teenage team of superheroes remain mixed, you had the strong support of both the mayor and the premiere superhero group, The Champions backing you. As a result, the Halcyon Knights were officially allowed to move into their own base around the World Lock, and after the requisite photo ops with city officials, you had been left to - mostly - your own affairs!

The first order of business, taking down the Pantomime - one of the most notorious clown-themed supervillains of the city. He robbed a bank while the city's attention was on the official formation of your team. Having taken a million dollars and a few hostages, it's been left to you to track him down and bring him to justice. It took a while to find his safehouse, but you're in it now, an old, abandoned amusement park, taking out his hired thugs without breaking a sweat!

Once you've finished taking out these mooks on the surface, you should probably split into two teams, one to rescue the hostages and another to recover the money before you converge on Pantomime himself at his House of Mirrors. This looks like it should be a breeze! It almost looks too easy...

Winddancer: Even at the announcement ceremony, you still got the feeling people treated you less like your own person, and more like Stormcaller's apprentice. What did you think of that? What was the last message you got from Stormcaller before you left the base to deal with Pantomime? What did he say that disturbed you?

Showstopper: You were very clearly left out of the more public photo ops with the city leaders. Are you annoyed that you were snubbed, or glad? What mischief have you been up to at the base already, in the short time since you officially moved in?

Red Fox: When the team was officially announced, a journalist from the Halcyon Herald made quite the scene about how you didn't belong there. Of all the people on this team, you seem to be the most distrusted by the media, how do you feel about that? One of your co-workers is amongst the kidnapped victims. Do you see a conflict of interest between ensuring they're safe and stopping Pantomime?

Synapse: Is chasing a bank thief really a worthy use of your time and power, when the Gestalt still threaten this city? Do you think this is a waste of time, or a noble act? What was different about the World Lock the last time you checked on it, just before you all left to take on this clown?

Quixzot: Was the announcement ceremony exciting to you, or boring? What mood did you give off that might have rubbed some Earthlings the wrong way? What request have your People made of you recently, and do you plan to fulfil it?

All-American Girl: When the team was officially announced, you could hear some doubts about how you'd fare alongside other superpowered individuals. What did you promise, when you had the microphone, to 'prove' you were on their level?

Everyone: This isn't a fight yet, just feel free to fluff being awesome and taking down nameless goons.

AdjectiveNoun fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Oct 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Influence Chart!

AdjectiveNoun fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Nov 6, 2015

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Since I'm busy scouting from a vantage point, I kind of only knock some mooks into my teammates with gusts of wind, for easier bashing. Fine with me, I was kind of busy thinking back to the ceremony. Honestly, it kinda hurt. I mean, I came to expect it, but... come on, people. There's more to me than just being Stormcallers apprentice.

But, I was instantly distracted by the message from him. He told me not to underestimate his current partner, Scrapyard. We don't know much about that guy yet other than his ability to sort of build a second skin out of metal, but the guy is apparently one of the worse supervillains. Not power-wise, but personality wise. He just told me that he mauled a hero called Seven so bad, that he's both in a coma and still on the verge of death, a week later. loving hell. Of course that guy had to team up with Pantomime now...

While we do not know much about the guy, he did get defeated in a battle last week... How did Lady Grey get him again...

Been reading the Files: 2d6+3 11

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Oct 5, 2015

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

So, lets be honest. My costume is awesome but it really isn't designed for NOT standing out. I mean that was the point, to stand out. But yeah. So stealthily going in her shooting the goons from cover and poo poo was pretty much out of the question immediately. Here I am though, crouching behind a stack of crates -the label on them reads party supplies- taking careful aim at a group of goons, or rather at a bit of an old knock the bottle tower over with one ball stall that is reaching out above them.

I fire. The bullet hits the overhang on the stall, bursting open into a net and falling down on the group of goons, triggering the electric shock and tazing the lot. "Haha!" I laugh into my communicator, jumping up and running along the row of abandoned stalls to find my next victims. "Six more for me!" I may have promised the media that I'd take out the most of Pantomime's goons on this mission, without killing a single one. And I intend to do just that! I've left a trail of stunned or trapped clown-goons behind me. It was only because there was so many at once that I bothered to be stealthy with this bunch, the next one I encounter I just blast with a goo-shot from the hip before he'd finished turning around. "And another!"

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Freak: 1 Danger: -1 Savior: 0 Superior: 3 Mundane: 0

Winddancer just quietly sighed into the communicator. Well, she never expected stealth out of the others, really. It's kind of sad that the guy most likely to be stealthy is the guy who constantly breaks rules. But hey, she knew Showstopper.

"Yo, girl, catch!" she whispers into the device as she throws a mook in hiding at her with a blast of wind.

Shortly after, she blasted herself to the next rooftop. Surprisingly silently, too. Mostly thanks to the wind already blasting up here.

"Right, so we should split up. I say Team gently caress Stealth goes after the money, while Team Sneaky Beaky goes after the hostages. That's Quix, AAG and Synapse for money, and Red Fox, SS and me on hostages. Any objections?"

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Oct 7, 2015

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution

"A question. If we're actually going to tally scores here. If I throw one into another, would that be two points, or just one?"

I didn't say it so much as yawn it. Because it's not as though I actually need to concentrate on safety, here. This is a complete waste of time. The police seem like a much more appropriate level of response for these guys. But put some face paint on the two-bit criminals and all of a sudden, they're our trash to take out. Perhaps this is some kind of publicity move the Champions steered us towards - a "softball" for us to hit on our debut.

But I don't have the time to be condescended to, nor the brainspace to worry about it. There's something off about the Lock. Normally, when you get really close, there's this unnatural stillness. Completely expected - that close, it's stopping even nano- and femto-scale cross-dimensional events and you start to notice the absence. But this morning, as I bled off the energy from some telekinesis I did last night (All-American Girl insisted that I give playing video games from across the room a shot), I felt it... pulsing?

Oh, right. The "mission."

"Uh, yeah. I'm fine with that. What's your guess on the money's location? Or should I 'kindly ask' this guy before I restrain him with his own suspenders?"

You know, I'm still not sure about how the rest of the team feels about my ability to manipulate memories. It's an issue that can bring out some strong feelings about the sanctity of thought and the right to self-determination...

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

"Two, obviously!" I grin and bash the guy Winddancer sends flying my way on the head with my pistol while I'm reloading, "Thanks Dancer- that one counts for both of us I think." Getting to a corner, I flatten myself to it and peak around it. Three. Two in the open, one behind another stall with what looks like a tommygun. Blam! Blam! The two drop to the ground with tranquilizer darts in their back and I dash forward towards the nearest booth to take cover behind a rusty old Drop Tower while the last guard opens fire. Crouching low, I take aim. Careful.... "Quixzot is probably pretty good at stealth though-" They probably can't hear me too clearly under the repeated fire of that gun.

Can't get her from this angle, caaaaaaaaareful. BLAM! With a series of pings, the dart bounces off the wall behind her, off the ground and flies up to embed into the back of her neck. "Three more!" As I hurry to find more, it occurs to me that Showstopper probably shouldn't be on the team getting the money back if we want to actually return it all. "But that might be the best setup anyway- She can fly the money out fast once we get it -Four- Wouldn't really work for the hostages." I'm not really fussed what Synapse does with his memory stuff as long as he doesn't do it on me.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Freak +2, Danger -1, Savior 0, Superior +3, Mundane -1

I haven't tried playing theme music for the group yet, but I think I'll save that for later! For now it's just in my head, playing along as I place my shots and think my way through! Through careful manipulation of the forces around my body, microgravity, and tiiiny jets in my feet, I can fly! And so I sail through the air, picking out targets, taking shots at the ones I can hit now and marking others for later! I just zip and dive and shoot- tiny darts created from my spare mass, loaded with a tiny bit of the electricity that powers my body. I've got at least 66 shots before it'll seriously impair any of my backup batteries, let along my main- and that's More than enough to incapacitate anything that moves.

Of course, some of these guys are absolutely frustrating about dodging them- Solution, Anime Lasers. Have you ever noticed that Human Anime Lasers never kill anyone? This is truly because they've mastered the art of light- figuring out how to turn it's heat giveoff into simple force, to knock out what they hit instead of burning it to death! With some experimenting, I figured it out too! I mean, sure, some of the force turns to heat anyways but that's just like, friction. Hah! Second law of thermodynamics upheld /and/ I get to look super cool! Best part is that I've figured out how to make them all rainbowy, for the extra humiliation and cool factor!

Um. I lost count of the guys. Crap. "Um, ten, I think?" I always wondered why my kind imitated organic brains that allow people to forget, but I guess abstract reasoning skills are worth it? And sides, I could have remembered better if I was paying more attention, anyways!

Oh! Team's talking about something- I slow down, letting my feet come to a stop- a humanoid form's pretty good for getting people to like me, but since this isn't anything super secretive I haven't bothered to hide that I'm a robot, my metal plates shining under my pink uniform, as I think... Oh, yeah. "I can definitely go after the money, guys! Don't worry about it! I'll get it back, team Other Guys can get the hostages! Team Rad People will rescue all that sweet money." 'Money's a weird concept. My species just trades resources for what we need, and with careful planning there's usually enough resources for everyone! It's one of the things I like less about humans, I think.

At least humans can throw a good party, though! That announcement ceremony was super fun, and I even got to spread the word about Danae a bit, which, whew, needed something to get the other guys off my back thank g-o-sh~ I still don't know who this 'Gosh' the humans thank is, but I like saying it. I was having so much fun! And then someone made a joke, so I tried this human 'laughter' thing.

Apparantly AH HAH HA HAHAHAH HA HA HA . HA. HAHAH. HAHAHA. AH. HA. Is not the correct way to laugh.

I got some strange looks that I'm pretty sure are bad! Oops.

Uuugh. Not to mention that my planet wants me to like, actually do diplomatic stuff? And I'm trying! But it's hard! Really ,really hard! Do you know how hard it is to get an audience with the president when I can pop a gun out of my body at any time?

Really hard.

I'll try though, I guess. Maybe start with the mayor. Yeah, the mayor...

"Oh, um, yeah. So, money. Should I go now?"

Nea fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Oct 6, 2015

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Freak: 0 Danger: 3 Savior: 0 Superior: 0 Mundane: 0

As I dodge shots from three different pistol-armed idiots, sprinting along the wall as their bullets embed themselves in the concrete around me then flipping off it onto the roof of the Merry-Go-Round, I'm beginning to think that henchmen only come in forty-eight packs or something. Seriously, where did a guy that dresses up like a mime of all things find this many guys willing to work for him?

Reaching the edge of the roof, I jump towards the ground, catch myself with my hands, then launch from there into a backwards somersault. ~They're all reloading~ So it's just a straight dash at them, and three very unwashed and surprised looking goons get to learn what it feels like when somebody that can bench cars decides to punch you. I make sure to pull my hits a little - not looking to kill anybody, bad press is all I need right now - but I'm not fighting these idiots again today, I've got too much to do. Ribs will be cracked, I'll get over it.

There's chatter over the communicators. Thank god I built mine into my helmet - everyone's stubborn insistence on using it like their blog instead of sticking to just mission-relevant-information would give my position away all the drat time otherwise. I'm about to complain about this when my danger sense activates, and I crouch low with insane speed, doing the splits in a way that, if I were Lauren right now instead of Red Fox, would give everyone I know heart-attacks. The bullet wizzes through where my head was a second ago, and I glance in the direction it came from. Ughhh, really? Some overachieving rear end in a top hat snuck all the way to the top of the old roller coaster. Guess I spotted him, might as well take him out.

All-American Girl reports yet more bad guys down, which is honestly more irritating to me than this guy being a pretty crack shot. It takes me back to the press conference, and her making that promise. At least the questions they asked her were pretty reasonable - mine were all "so when are you going to return that suit you stole," and "why won't you reveal who you are, so we know this isn't a corporate stunt." Hell, the guy from the Halcyon Herald was actually implying the team should arrest me, then and there! So yeah, sorry she's got problems, but I'd kill to just have a doubtful media.

Speaking of problems, sneaking closer to the sniper has brought me around a corner, and into a group of goons. Always with the groups of them. I have to laugh when I spot one throwing a tear-gas grenade at me, though. Idiot - I've got a helmet on, first off. And second, as I run towards them, I grab the grenade out of mid-air, go into a spin, and hurl it back into them just as it goes off. Between that fun surprise and them being so bunched up, there's only a clumsy punch thrown my way before I've put them down.

Sprinting up to the roller coaster, I consider my options, then just take off upwards, jumping back and forth between the steel girders to ascend towards the guy without him getting an easy shot. Since that's honestly not that hard, I activate the communicator to respond to everyone's blabber on the way up. "Sounds good Winddancer." My suit's programmed to route anything I say through the voice synthesizers first, so it always comes out robotic and creepy and I just love it. "Ready to go after the hostages," Aiming carefully, I finish this last jump, practically flying up onto the track. The sniper was waiting, but turns out perfect reflexes and superhuman agility are still more than a match for him. I almost feel sorry for the guy when I kick the weapon out of his hands, then catch him with a quick chop to the throat. "Whenever."

<Rauri> Directly Engage Tryhard Sniper Minion
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 9+3 = 12
Resist or avoid their blows + create an opportunity for allies (no more sniper-fire)

We'd better hurry with it too, one of the hostages is my co-worker Miles Campbell. He's a freshman in college, but he both doesn't slack off, and has taken a shift or two of mine as a favor before. Really owe it to the guy to rescue him. Contemplating it for a moment - maybe it's the rush of beating up a bad guy on top of a fricking roller coaster track I'd ridden on as a kid - I trigger the communicator again. "Oh, and Nineteen." Was actually at fifteen, but that's the same number as All American Girl, sooo...

Rauri fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Oct 6, 2015

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Freak: +1 Danger: 0 Savior: -1 Superior: +2 Mundane: +1
Potential 0/5

Honestly, this whole clowns and mechs shitshow is the best thing that could have happened today. Not only did I have to promise to be on my best behavior while sitting . Now, I wasn't expecting to be in the spotlight this afternoon. It's not really my kinda gig, and I know I don't clean up well. But none of them noticed that I was getting sidelined. Or cared, I guess. They're the ones who told me that we're supposed to be a team, but when I get kicked to the curb, they're still rubbing elbows with the town bigwigs. So, yeah, I'm in a pretty lovely mood, but the brawl is managing to make feel a bit better.

Well, that and imagining the look on All American Girl's face when she finds out I changed the password on all her gaming accounts. I was feeling REALLY petty, ok? I've got them all stored save and sound in my email. I mean, I may be a bit pissed, but I'm not a monster or anything.

But, that's something to savor a bit later. As for right now, I let loose a killer power cord that sends three of the goons flying into a nearby wall. Another one tries to get the jump on me, and I end up having to duck his baseball bat. Then, I swing for the fences with my ax, and I hear a satisfying thud as I connect.

Catching up on the conversation, I add, "Yeah, sure. Hostages or whatever. Whatever you say, boss." I take a moment to take a look around, thinking what I'd be doing if I was running this crew.

<Capfalcon> Oh, I should Assess the situation too.
<Capfalcon> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Capfalcon, 9+2 = 11
<Capfalcon> rekt
<godfishphone> U monster
<Capfalcon> I'm gonna use my criminal knowhow

What here is useful or valuable to me?
How could we best end this quickly?
How could I best infuriate or provoke Pantomime?

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Oct 6, 2015

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Nineteen?! I was just finishing off my sixteenth! drat supers! I hurry through the next row, eventually spotting a seventeenth target fiddling with something at the base of a merry-go-round. I don't bother to check what after I trap his arms and legs with a bolas-shot. Man Winddancer's boss really did an amazing job on these -or whoever he hired to make them. I crack a bit of a grin at Showstopper's 'boss'- maybe I can get him to support me leading the team if I support him leading it once as well. I know I'd do a great job!

While I search for another target, my mind drifts back to the irritatingly ahead of me Red Fox. I wish she would stop being such a baby about the press attention she gets, oh boo hoo, some bigshot news agency thinks you stole stuff, well it isn't like they can do anything about it besides complain. The very fact that they care shows they know you're good enough to be a hero. But with me it's all no powers this, liability to the team that, why aren't her parents stopping her this, how irresponsible of the real heroes. Well gently caress you reporter, I am a real hero! But it's pretty loving lovely to have everyone doubting you constantly.

Its like Showstopper, I bet if the media treated him better he'd behave more, but they keep ignoring him or treating him like a criminal so he acts like one. And if I mess up just once they'll be all over me. At least Fox News loves me- that's something. Since I represent True American Values and all that. Which is true! I won't watch anyone else for news anymore, even if they are kind of lovely about poor people. So yeah- Red Fox and Showstopper might get poo poo about their behavior, but they don't get anyone judging them for how they were born. I've got as much right to be a hero as anyone else here! More even, considering I didn't commit any crimes.

"Eighteen." Two of them were standing at guard -looking the wrong way- at the entrance to a fun house. Hmm. I wonder- this isn't the hall of mirrors where Pantomime is supposed to be, but the money or hostages might be in here. Or he might be out of location and I can bag him before anyone else gets there, that'd show them.

I go inside.

GodFish fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Oct 6, 2015

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"AAG, that's true, but the opposite is also possible. And I want Quix to literally go big. Anyway, listen up. I just got new info. There's not only one but two villains here. Scrapyard teamed up with Pantomime. If you ask me, it's unlikely that both of them are just going to sit it out in the House of Mirrors or whatever. While you guys were busy smashing mooks, I thought up a plan."

She stops for a second to take a deep breath. This one is gonna be long. "Way I see it, hostage rescue is our top priority. That's why Team gently caress Stealth will go in and make as much noise as possible. Draw attention away from the hostages. I know it's gonna sound weird, putting AAG on that team, but hear me out. Team Sneaky Beaky will have my wind powers, Red Fox's speed and Showstoppers illusions to draw away the maximum amount of firepower from the hostages should they come to it. We won't know how they're going to react to the other team, so be ready."

Another short break for breathing.

"I am suspecting the big house over there, with all these mooks guarding it, to be the location the money is stashed - and most likely an ambush, probably by Scrapyard. That's why you guys need to be extremely careful in what you're doing. Your goal isn't actually to get the money, that can wait. You need to stall or lead any problems like Scrapyard or Pantomime on wild goose chases. While you guys do that, we'll secure the hostages. Red Fox, you're going to take point. Once we ascertained the position of the hostages, we'll provide a one-two combo. You distract them, and I knock them on their rear end. Then you take their guns. Showstopper will put up some illusions just in case something goes wrong, make sure the mooks that will likely be guarding them don't have a chance to harm the hostages."

Yet another breath break.

"In the meantime, like I said, Team gently caress Stealth is going to provide as big of a distraction of possible. AAG, I want you to stand back and provide lookout while the other two go in guns blazing. I know you won't like it, but Scrapyard's got an armor made of metal, and you're hosed if he gets you in melee, so I want you to stay at range. If a supervillain shows up, yell it out and join up with the other two. It's quite possible that either of the guys or even both of them show up. If they do, stall or cheese it. Just don't lead them towards the hostages. Should you actually manage to grab the money unopposed, I want you to keep it safe, AAG. You're probably going to have the hardest part here, AAG, but I'm counting on you here. Once the hostages are out, we merge teams and mob the poo poo out of these guys. Got it?"

A short moment later, she adds: "And keep in mind no plan survives contact with the enemy. It's still possible that one of the two supervillains will show up on our end, for example. Keep me updated with what's going on. Let's make our first mission a good one. Out."

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Oct 7, 2015

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Two villains? Might explain why there's so drat many henchmen here. I've already run down the roller coaster, which by the way was incredibly fun, to engage more while Winddancer explains the plan. Gotta keep up with the Jonses, by which I mean All American Girl. Not sure why she gets under my skin, but she does.

So I'm up to a legitimate nineteen by the time Winddancer's done explaining. My god does she need to learn to sum things up. We don't need reasons; just tell us what to do. "Understood." I rip a pistol out of the last of these mook's hands before whipping him with it, and he is down. Walking over to the trashcan to toss the weapon inside, I chuckle a little, then open my channel again. "Will let you know when I've found them. Out." Somebody has to - bet Synapse could, with his freaky memory powers, but I'm not revealing how little I know about them by requesting it - so looks like it's up to me. Ah well, I've been sprinting all around this place. Surely I've seen something that'll clue me in, right? Think Lauren, think....

<Rauri> Assess the Situation aka probably fail a roll
<Rauri> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 8 = 8
<Rauri> cool
Asking: What here can I use to find the hostages?

Rauri fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Oct 6, 2015

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Winddancer: Scrapyard's tough, a head-on attack almost never works unless you're, as strong as Supernova or Captain Legend, which is quite a way out of the Halcyonic Knights' weight class, so to speak. But all that armour's only good so long as he can move - if he's stuck in one place, he might be nigh-invulnerable but he's not going to affect anything either! Lady Grey beat him by tricking him into stepping in a pool of quick-drying cement, and he was stuck there until the Champions were able to come and retrieve him. But... recent reports suggest he's got a way around that trick now - that he can 'shed' his armour for a weaker version to make a quick escape from those kinds of situations!

Signs of Scrapyard are hard to come by, just because there are so many. He's a big guy, weighs a ton, and he leaves depressions in the earth wherever he goes - and there are depressions everywhere, but as far as you can tell, the 'freshest' set lead into the Big House... the same one that All-American Girl just wandered into. Do you stick with your plan, or bring everyone together on that potential threat?

Red Fox: This is a big place, and they could be stashed anywhere - who really knows how an insane clown-themed villain's mind works? He's probably stashed the hostages somewhere he thinks is 'funny', though that... doesn't narrow it down much. You do see a decrepit old rollercoaster towering over most of the park. If you get up there, maybe you'll get a better vantage point to scout things out?

All-American Girl: The first thing you notice in the Fun House is... the literal money fort that's been built out of stacks of hundred dollar bills. The second is the gigantic spotlight that switches on and shines right in your face, as mad laughter pours out of the speakers in the tent. "Welcome! Welcome, young hero! You're looking very patriotic, it almost makes me want to sing the old Star-Spangled Banner! Say, I don't suppose you'd like to play a game, would you?"

Showstopper: The best part of raiding an old timey supervillain's lair are all the dumb gimmicky gadgets lying around. You're sure you could put them to better use than that clown, anyway. But Pantomime seems determined to draw this out, all part of his 'show', most likely. He's kinda infamous in the criminal world for putting his own entertainment ahead of what's practical. Best way to draw him out and finish this quickly would be to spoil that entertainment. Say, by ignoring the hostages and money entirely, and heading straight for the Hall of Mirrors - and better yet, smashing all the mirrors so he can't do whatever dumb trick he had planned!

Quixzot: Well, you and All-American Girl are supposed to go get the money, and she's heading into the big tent? Do you follow her, or does something else catch your eye?

Synapse: Nobody really told you not to manipulate these goons' memories, so that's your call! Everyone's moving anyway, so you'll have to make it quick! Is there anything you think you can get from this whole farce that would be useful to you?

AdjectiveNoun fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Oct 6, 2015

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"AAG, the hell you doing...?! Get the gently caress out of there, Scrapyard is around that place. gently caress, Quix, go assist her. Synapse, if you can find out where the loving clown is, do it now. If you can't, back up AAG. I have the feeling she just walked into a trap. Last time they beat Scrapyard, they pinned him in cement. You should be able to do something similiar by encasing him telekinetically."

Looking around, Winddancer also notices a certain lack of Showstopper. "Where you at, Showstopper? We need you here!"

Goddamnit. This is already falling apart. Gotta think... who's in the greatest danger... and how the gently caress will we end this quickly when everyone decides to do their own loving thing!?

Assess the Situation: 2d6+3 9

Be Mindful of Your Surroundings:
When you assess the situation before entering into a fight, you may ask 1 additional question, even on a miss.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Oct 7, 2015

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Potential 0/5

I get a grin on my face as I make the connection and say into the communicator, "Actually, I've got a better idea. I'm just gonna go finish this. Pantomime's a huge dork who does this kinda crap for laughs, but he'll throw a tantrum if we cut to the chase instead of running around springing all of his lame rear end traps. So, I'm gonna start smashing stuff, starting with the Hall of Mirrors. Knowing him, he's probably got some weird doppelganger fight planned or something."

Standing outside, I strum my guitar for a few seconds. Then, I let loose a sonic blast into the hall of mirrors, shattering all the glass walls. I yell in, "Come on out and quit wasting our time! This is just embarrassing!"

Unleashing my powers to reshape the environment, with a 10!

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

An irritated growl precedes her response. "If any hostages get hurt or die because of this, it's on you. You better know what you're doing."

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Oct 7, 2015

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution

Freak: +1 | Danger: +1 | Savior: +2 | Superior: -1 | Mundane +0

Anything useful to me? Maybe if this was all part of something bigger. But even with the news that there's another supervillain involved, this still hasn't been anything but busy work.

"Taking the silence as a yes. Also, fifteen. Well, soon. Team... gently caress Stealth, just give me a minute, here. I'll be heading to the house as fast as I can."

Here goes nothing. Just a little bit of concentration; as I'm already focused on him as the subject of telekinesis. Did this thug know where the money, or maybe Pantomime, was?

[16:15] Krysmbot Jolinaxas, 7+1 = 8
Extending Senses, but the effect is unstable, dangerous, or temporary.

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Oct 6, 2015

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Freak: -1 | Danger: -1| Savior: +2 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +2

Good plan Winddancer, give me instructions to the exact opposite of what I was already doing. And then complain about it. "Uh- little late on that Dubbya Dee," -I wish they'd stop calling me AAG, there are plenty of respectful abbreviations you could come up with, but if they won't use them I won't either- "also I found the money." And then a bright spotlight illuminates me, and I have to start blinking rapidly to adjust to the new light levels. "....and Pantomime or Scrapyard."

Lowing my hand from the communicator headset, I glance around the area trying to see if one of them are here, or just loving with me via cameras and speakers. "Not really!" I call out into the massive tent. "Why don't you come out so I can kick your rear end and drag you off back to jail?" Can't spot anyone, but the speakers are easy to see. I whip up my pistol and send an exploding shot at each of the massive speakers hanging from the top of the tent. "I can't hear you now! So you might as well come on out!" I leave the spotlight though, no point in not making me look awesome.

2:58:51 PM godfalcon time to fail a roll~
2:59:17 PM godfalcon unleash my mortal powers
2:59:19 PM godfalcon !r 2d6-1
2:59:19 PM Krysmbot godfalcon, 8-1 = 7
2:59:22 PM godfalcon yesssss
2:59:28 PM godfalcon suck it haters! :D
Reshaping the environment, the effect of blowing up a lot of massive electronics in a tent full of money is dangerous.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

If I'd bet on "who will idiotically stumble in way over their head" before the mission, I'd have won. Of course All American Girl goes bumbling in after all the glory, putting our entire plan and hostage lives at risk. Good thinking, AAG. Showstopper compounds her unprofessionalism by announcing that he's going to just start vandalizing things. He knows that's all going to get blamed on me somehow, right?

Sighing under my helmet, it looks like the hostages are going to be up to me. Scanning the horizon for a moment to guarantee it's the tallest structure, and yup - Giant Rickety Wooden Roller Coaster that's been closed for decades. Running to the top of THAT should be fun! Besides, highest point in the park. Should be obvious where he's stashed the hostages from there, all it'll take is a quick look at all the different rides. The hostages will be in one that we haven't been through, probably have most of the conscious henchmen with them.

Sprinting off across the park, I clear the stalls and obstacles with ease - no, not with ease, with grace. It's effortless, and a hell of a lot more fun than standing in line for one of these things could ever be. The paint's past peeling and the boards are beyond rickety as I race up the wooden track. With Danger Sense and perfect reflexes working in tandem with my superhuman athleticism, it's a downright blast to race to the top of the roller coaster. Shame there were no more henchmen on the way, though.

Reaching the top, I start to look around. The structure's wobbly, but I have some time. Just gotta see where they are, then it's off to the races.

"Found 'em. They're at..."

<Rauri> Unleash powers to overcome an obstacle, specifically the rickety coaster.
<Rauri> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 8 = 8
Let's get dangerous.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Oct 7, 2015

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Okay! So I'm just going to follow AAG in! I mean, after all, she's more experienced than me here, she probably knows exactly where the money is! And if not she'll need help anyways, right? I call this out over the comms, and then smile. This is going to be a fun day! AAaah, the birds are singing and there's barely a cloud in sight! "Let's do this, I'm just gonna follow her in! She knows what she's doing!" And then I zip on down towards the tent.

You know, what's with clowns, anyways? Why do humans dress up as such a visage of terror? MY personal, pet theory is that they're now an extinct predator of humanity, conquered and killed off by the mighty peoples of earth! So sometimes people dress as clowns to inspire and remind them of a defeated enemy, and others dress as clowns to pretend to be this ancient predator and stirr up old fears.

Anyways, I zip into the tent, thrusters pushing me inside- yep, AAG and the money! I was right on schedule! And I got here just in time to hear about this Pantomime's game! Well, even I know that when a villain says something like that, it's no good news! Might be fun, honestly, but eeeh. Besides, AAG's already in the process of shooting out the speakers... "Watch my back! Let me do some /magic./" Well, not literal magic. The magic of ~talking~

Trying to get him to fight us like a man

"So, Mister Pantomime! Nice place you got here! Nice busted equipment ya got here! Nice terrible plan you have here! Wow, you are doing /soooo good./ I mean, I'd be amazed at how badly things are going without you here! It's like you had to set it up this way! Oh man, is that us? The two of us? IT is! We're here! Wrecking your poo poo! Isn't that great?"

<Neopie> Superior: Taunt a clown
<Neopie> !roll 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Neopie, 6+3 = 9
Stumble, Err, Overreact?

While that's distracting him, I pull off my left hand- letting it reconfigure itself into what is, for all intents and purposes, at least to the eye, a tiny blue bird. Another hand simply reappears in it's place, while I send the 'bird' off- to go take a look for me and find the clown man, hopefully, anyways! It should be sending a camera feed back to me, let's see how this goes~

In any case, I offer American Girl a hi-five while we wait.

<Neopie> !roll 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Neopie, 8+2 = 10
Unleash Powers: Handbird go find me that clown via extending my senses!

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Showstopper: Boo-yeah, Showstopper 1, loser clown has-been 0! You've clearly pissed him off, because sirens start blaring across the park, but there's still no sign of Ronald McDonald's dimwitted cousin yet...

Red Fox: There they are! In... where else but the Haunted House? A quick burst of infra-red vision courtesy of your helmet, and you can see them down below in the basement of that place... but going up the rollercoaster so fast must have broken something, because the track starts to collapse under your feet, and a rollercoaster cart comes loose, hurtling down towards Showstopper, who's busy celebrating!

Winddancer: The people in the greatest danger have to be the hostages, right? Who knows what Pantomime will do to them if he throws a tantrum... like he might now that Showstopper broke the hall of mirrors! Then again, that's the way to end this quickly. It's going to be a choice between safe (for the hostages) and slow, or quick and dangerous, and if you don't get the Knights under control soon, that choice is going to be made for you!

All-American Girl & Quixzot: All-American Girl blows up a lot of electronics... and reveal the comically large TNT bundles with timers attached that were hidden behind them. There's more than enough here to blow this tent sky high! One last hidden speaker responds to Quixzot's taunting with a frustrated chuckle. "Kids today, no patience! Always looking for your instant gratification, you can never wait for the punchline! Alright, Scrappy, you're up, show these kids what happens to hecklers!" There's then laughter up until (if) All-American Girl shoots that speaker too. From the money fort, Scrapyard plows through a wall of Benjamins, already all armoured up. He looks like he's made completely out of semi-rusted metal - with all the height and bulk of a linebacker, and jagged plates protruding from his steel skin at irregular angles. His face covered by a similarly uneven, ramshackle-looking helmet, you can't make out features. "Nothing personal," he grunts, slamming his fists together. "Just doing my job."

Quixzot, your hand-bird flaps into the money fort, down a manhole-esque cover and into a series of tunnels... and there you see Pantomime, using some quite colourful language with expressions you've never heard before, as he sees all the damage being done to his lair. "One more heckling and I'm going to have to up the ante with my captive audience," he jokes... to himself? He doesn't know you're listening in, after all... Still, that sounds like something you should tell the rest of the team, right?

Synapse: You read in his memories that Pantomime is in a bunker - well, a series of connected bunkers - underneath the amusement park, but the thug learns something about you too, something you wouldn't want to share - what is it? As you withdraw your mind from the thug's consciousness, you see a rollercoaster cart plummeting straight for Showstopper!

Roll to Defend Showstopper, if you want!

AdjectiveNoun fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Oct 7, 2015

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Yeah, shoulda seen that one coming. Fucks sake. I'm so pissed off I don't even feel like yelling. Not worth it with these loving idiots...

'"Fucks sake guys, report! What's going on here? Synapse, Red Fox, anyone with half a brain, did you find the hostages yet? Oh, that's great! Red Fox, do you think you can handle the hostages on your own? I have the feeling this is going to poo poo any minute" she half-mutters in to the communicator, swallowing the urge to yell it into their stupid earpieces.

"...Need me anywhere? You probably got a better idea about the situation down there, I can only see... HOLY poo poo what was th-" she added, hearing (and seeing) the goddamn rollercoaster card fly straight at Showstopper. Already out of range too, poo poo....

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution

I felt myself slipping away for a second there. But I can handle it.

Your name is Michael Ward. You are sixteen years old. You live in Halcyon City. Your name is...

The mantra keeps me stable as I dive into his mind. There might be some residual memories of mine left in there, but what's he going to do with them in jail?

"Showstopper, look out!"

I instinctively reach out, trying to hold back the rollercoaster cart from colliding with him, and just barely halting it. It's still on a slope, though. I can feel my mind strain as I have to continue to exert effort to stop it from running him over, and Winddancer squawking in my ear isn't exactly helping.

"Pantomime's in a bunker, underground! drat it, move! I can't hold this back forever..."

15:09 jolinaxas Defending ShowStopper from an Immediate Threat
15:09 jolinaxas !roll 2d6+2
15:09 Krysmbot jolinaxas, 7+2 = 9

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Oct 7, 2015

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Freak +2, Danger -1(-3, no murder for Quix!), Savior 0, Superior +3, Mundane -1
Conditions: Afraid

Okay! Uh, transmit over the communicator (This better be a secure frequency...) "Hey, um, guys? We need to keep Pantomime entertained or he's going to blow the hostages. Um, I'm trying to look for them but it's kind of hard to do while also fighting Scrapyard, and also Scrapyard is here and we found the money. Could, um, one of you pretend to lose and another of you come help with this huge metal person? I would much prefer that, thanks! Also, there are bombs. Synapse, you're good at stuff like that, right ?Can you come throw these bombs out? I'll help, but, um, bit busy trying not to get my circuitry destroyed." Okay. Uuuuh. UUM. Scrapyard's all here, and they're about to kick some butt- problem, I don't know if I have anything that can both A: Hurt them, and B: hurt them without exploding the bombs. Heck, I don't even know if I can do the first one! But what I can do is stall! Hopefully.

My hand flits through more ducts ,after getting a good look at Pantomime. He's not even a MIME! Gosh, what bad puns these villains have. They should have been a mime, and then the press would have called them the Silent Killer and it would have been great but nooo, CLOWNS. Anyways, it's ... It's hopefully going to locate the hostages? Maybe?

Still. I'm, I'm running out of time. Uh, b-because of the bombs. I'm sure we can take care of them, right? Oh god, I'm doomed. Just, just doomed! Okay. It's cool. Just keep myself together! Stay calm, stay AAAAAH.

That bird better hurry...

Find The Hostages By Unleashing My Powers!
<Nea> Find The Hostages
<Nea> !roll 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Nea, 5+2 = 7
Marking Afraid to not have things go wrong.

It's okay. Just... just keep my head clear! There's ONLY a terrifying tower of scrap ready to end my life whenever it wants, that's not scary at all! Okay, okay. So I just need to figure something out. Okay. What would I do if I'm a mad clown? What would I do? There's got to be a way to keep him from killing the hostages, while we're recovering them...

<Nea> Assess the Situation
<Nea> !roll 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Nea, 6+3 = 9
What here can I use to stop Pantomime from Killing Dudes?

I quickly hop back into the air, but that still leaves AAG on the ground. Crap, I can't do everything at once, okay!?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"Quix, turn big! Increased mass will help you out! Turn really big and smash into him. Increased weight will give you more punching power!"

Fucks sake, my brain cells feel like they're melting. I can't loving keep this up. I am loving babysitting CHILDREN here. Children with loving superpowers and no goddamn situational awareness.

21:34 Yamifenrir Team roll
21:34 Yamifenrir !r 2d6-1
21:34 Krysmbot Yamifenrir, 3-1 = 2

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

"A: I'm PRETTY SURE that armor is nigh invincible! B! I'm already doing like, FOUR THINGS HERE WHAT DO YOU WANT. And C: PLEASE ACTUALLY COME HELP OUT SOMEWHERE, MAYBE??? COME ON HUMAN LADY. WHAT ARE YOU EVEN DOING?" Argh! Okay, great! Winddancer is yelling at me! Ugh, I'm being head honcho next mission, I'm sort of kind of trained for that! Uuublebleuh.

"Maybe if you would actually HELP we wouldn't be in a problem like this!"

That... uh, they're coming pretty quick. How are they so fast with so much weight on them? They're not a robot like me, I think!

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"You're a super advanced alien. You should know how physics work! Ugh.... Yeah, I'm already on my way. Hold tight."

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Oct 7, 2015

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

"IF IT WORKED LIKE THAT THEN WHY DIDN'T IT WORK ANY OF THE OTHER TIMES THE OTHER HEROES TRIED IT LAST TIME THEY CAUSED TROUBLE?" God! It's like Winddancer can't even read her own files! It's not like this is hard- presumably, the other people hit them /really hard/ at one point, and it didn't do poo poo because, uh, /they probably thought of that when they learned to turn into metal/. Anyways, no more time for bickering.

And then Red Fox yells something about the Haunted House- perfect! If they're there, then I just need to redirect my hand, and maybe I can free them before I get pounded into a fine metal pancake! That wouldn't be delicious at all, you know!

Good luck, Bird Hand!

Extra question asked due to Cap: Who here is most vulnerable to me?

Nea fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Oct 7, 2015

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

“They’re at the Haunted House, I can-“ And that’s when I noticed the cart flying off the track, down towards Showstopper. Reopening the channel, I start to yell “Showstopper, above you!” It’s not a Red Fox reaction – for a split-second, I’m Lauren and not her – and I’m worried about watching one of my friends get hurt. It’s not about tactics or professionalism right now – it’s about my mistake.

Luckily, Synapse has it handled. The cart grinds to a halt in midair, still slipping towards the alerted Showstopper. Phew… “Nice one, Synapse.” I’ve spent long enough watching them that this place is about to come crumbling down. Looks like I’ll have to just fall with it. Which, by the way, don’t try it yourself. Without perfect reflexes and an overactive danger sense, this would be really difficult.

For me, though? It’s totally effortless. Leaping from rickety wooden beam to the next – as they tumble towards the ground – I not only clear the rotten timber logs on my way down, I even throw in a few extra back-flips for good measure. THIS. IS. SO MUCH. FUN!

(Rauri-phone) Unleash Powers to overcome collapsing roller coaster
(Rauri-phone) !r 2d6
(Krysmbot) Rauri-phone, 10 = 10

Landing on the ground, not bothering to face the collapsing coaster as more and more of it starts to tumble down behind me, I take off towards the Haunted House. “Going after hostages now.” Switching Infa-red back on, I try to spot where the hostages are, gunmen might be - I want this to be quick and easy, and knowing where everyone's located beforehand certainly helps with that.

<Rauri> k, kinda hoping to fail. Assess the Situation
<thelazyblank> Life is very, very weird.
<Rauri> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 4 = 4

Rauri fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Oct 8, 2015

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Potential 0/5

Grinning, I keep rocking out and level the hall of mirrors. But, I'm having such a great time, that I don't notice the creaking behemoth behind me. I only notice it when I feel a small drizzle of debris from the car that Synapse is levitating over my head. My eyes bug out, and I scramble out of the way. Once I'm out, he lets it fall, and the ground thumps with the impact. I say, "Thanks for the save, man." I speak into the communicator, saying, "This place is coming down. I'm gonna start looking for the bombs to disarm. From what I've seen from this goof, they shouldn't be hard to find. Look for super cheesy carnival stuff that's out of place even here. The bomb portion may be small, but he's not going to be subtle about them. Also, if you can do an air quality analysis, I'm sending you a rundown of common explosives chemicals so you can pull a bloodhound if you need to. "

Spending a Team to boost Quix's Assess to a 10 by giving a brief tech rundown, letting them ask two more questions about their surroundings

When Red Fox reports in, I give a terse, "On my way Red Fox."

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Oct 7, 2015

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Making my not-so-grand entrance by airbursting a window open and perking on top of the hole left, she scans the room. Fucks, that's a lotta bombs.

Ugh... gently caress, what do I do? I could blow them outside and into the air I guess... gently caress I am scared of this going wrong. Please don't gently caress this up, Petra...

Unleashing your Powers: 2d6+1 11

A grin formed on her face as the fear washed away. "So what were you whining about again, Quix?"

Next stop, wrecking Scrapyard.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Oct 9, 2015

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I highfive Quixzot with one hand and shoot the last speaker with the other. I mean, it isn't like one more bomb was going to make any difference in how badly this place explodes in.... five minutes... anyway! Scrapyard shows up a second later, plowing through the fort of money - wow dude looks badass, but also kind of bad, and rear end. I mean at least make your weird metal skin stuff match dude? "Scrapyard is in the Big Top, along with the money and a lot of bombs!" I can't do anything about the bombs, or the money, but Scrapyard I can do something about.

Everyone starts shouting over the comms system, so I start to tune it out, mainly only listening for my name. Instead I eye up Scrapyard. His armor might make him super tough, but it is still metal. I load my next empty chamber with a taser round and take careful aim at the joint in the plates on his neck. Aim.... aaaaaaand Fire!

4:29:05 PM godfish directly engage Scrapyard
4:29:10 PM godfish !r 2d6-1
4:29:10 PM Krysmbot godfish, 9-1 = 8
Trading blows, but I resist or avoid his!

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution

"Any time."

I won't lie - saving a team member felt pretty good. Things haven't been going exactly as planned, so it's nice to at least try to remind us all why we're here. Speaking of which...

"Heading to the tent, as planned. Be there in a second, Quix. To the team trying to find Pantomime - there's a series of interconnected bunkers under the park..."

A moment's thought, and I mentally fling myself towards the tent. Not quite flight, but it gets the job done.

"...I didn't see the entrance, all the thug gave me was the bunkers. Get ready to pile on, I'm going to try to hold him in place. Not going to risk throwing him around with all this TNT."

[19:42] Jolinaxas And let's add to the pile and directly engage Scrapyard
[19:42] Jolinaxas !r 2d6+1
[19:42] Krysmbot Jolinaxas, 10+1 = 11
Trading Blows, and also (create an opportunity for my allies) and (avoid/resist his)

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Red Fox: So it looks like you're the only one directly focused on helping the hostages... and maybe you're distracted by what's happening with the others or that you almost caused injury to Showstopper or maybe you're just off your game, but by the time you reach the haunted house, you realize you've walked right into a trap. A reinforced steel door rises from the ground to block the exit, and gas starts to fill the room. "So sorry, pintsize, but that's not laughing gas this time," says the no-longer jovial voice of Pantomime from yet another speaker. "Good luck getting my hostages out before they suffer some... unfortunate side effects. Hehe, assuming you don't fall before they do!" What do you do?

Quixzot: Your bird-hand sees the hostages, tied up with hoods over their heads in the basement of the haunted house, and sees the gas rising from vents too! That looks dangerous even for Red Fox, but all the controls seem to be in Pantomime's bunker, and you're probably the only one here who can quickly get there and at least try to stop him! But that would mean risking either the gas or Scrapyard causing some damage without you there to help your friends - it would be a gamble that assumes Pantomime can't stop you one on one... and while you're thinking about that, you take a powerful blow from a rampaging Scrapyard!

Showstopper: The door to the haunted house is bolted shut - apparently that part was new, not as decrepit as the rest of this park... Red Fox and the hostages are stuck inside, what do you do?

Synapse: He's tough to hold in place - he's so strong, but you can definitely slow him at least, and there's some definite strain and effort on his part to try and move with you holding him down... there's definitely a chance for people who are quick to take advantage of his sudden slowness, but you can't hold that for long!

All-American Girl: He roars as the taser strikes him, and lashes out - and even though you can dodge out of the way of his blow now that he's slowed, but Quixzot, standing close to you and dividing her attention between several things, isn't so lucky. It feels like that won't work a second time, though...

Winddancer: You manage to blow some of the bombs out of the tent, but that's not even half of them! Scrapyard's angry but he's not anywhere near down, and you know brute force won't be enough to stop him... what's your plan?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I leap out of the way of Scrapyard's charge, barely, if he hadn't been tazed and slowed down by whatever Synapse is doing, that probably would have hit me! I start scrambling up one of the stacks of money since I figure they probably can't hold his weight, but thats when I see him barreling in towards Quixzot, who isn't responding in time! "Quix!" I shout out her name and unload all the rounds left in my revolver at the space between them, creating a weird mess of goo, electrified nets, fire and another small explosion. Apparently that was enough to slow even Scrapyard down long enough for her to get out of the way!

8:51:18 PM godfish defend Quixzot
8:51:21 PM godfish !r 2d6+2
8:51:22 PM Krysmbot godfish, 9+2 = 11
We add one Team to the pool, and I take influence on Quixzot, which I already have.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

I don't reply to the clown. I'm not going to give him anything to use to try and manipulate me.

So, poison gas? Turns out my Danger Sense hates it. It's screaming at me to get out of here - no can do, Danger Sense. Those hostages don't have a lot of time. At least the gas should be heavier than air, meaning I need to get the hostages as high as I can, as quickly as possible. Doubt he'd gas the place with his own men inside, so should just be me and them. Saw six hostages over infrared, two per trip, three trips through this gas. Suit should help some, but... taking a deep breath before the gas gets high enough to reach my mask, I take off into the Haunted House.

Not a haunted house fan. As a kid since Roller Coasters were much more fun, and now because this place is a lot bigger than me and it's rapidly filling up with gas. It's just a matter of looking for a way down. My danger sense is in overdrive right now, still alerting me to the gas, but I push past it. Finding an employee entrance, I level the door with a kick and follow in after it. Six people here - Miles among them. They're all tied up and gagged - it's about as cliche as you can get - I open my mouth to calm everyone down as quick as I can. Typically having Red Fox suddenly appear through a door is a cause for alarm, not celebration. Vocally, instead of using the communicators, I tell everyone in the room that "I can take two at a time. Hold your breath, now!"

At least it gets results. It takes me thirteen and a half seconds to lift two, one over either shoulder, and dash through to the top floor. I was right about the gas, of course - heavier than air. There's a ton of it, but the top's largely devoid. The second I drop them off, I reopen my communicator channel and talk while I dash through the gas infused haunted house. "Hostages on top floor of Haunted House, whole thing is filling with gas." By now, I've reached the bottom again, grabbing two more. Miles is tough - I have to leave him and a larger looking... ok, a fat guy, for last. I nod my helmeted head at him at any rate, before taking back off up the stairs. I have to go faster!

Twelve and a half seconds this time. "Someone get them." Dropping these two off - and pleased to see the first batch is still breathing - I'm heading back down the steps again. Sorta had to talk a lot; sorta running out of breath and there's poison gas everywhere. Hope Miles and this last guy aren't smokers. Reaching them, I heft the pair, then take back off. Shamo is making it difficult for me to maneuver, so thank god I have superpowers. Lifting a fat guy isn't a problem when you can lift cars - but it's still awkward.

Reaching the top, I drop the last two off, then collapse back against the wall myself for a second. Really would be nice to breath about now. Sorta hoping someone was paying attention to me.

<Rauri> Defend Hostages
<Rauri> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 10 = 10
Adding 1 Team to pool, and taking Influence on Miles Campbell (Lauren's fellow intern.)

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Potential 0/5

I bang on the door in frustration, and when that doesn't work, I start fumbling around for an access panel. Before I get too far, Red Fox tells me she's getting everyone onto the roof. I yell up, "I'm coming up! Get away from the sides." I grapple up the wall, and see Red Fox taking a breather while the hostages look around, confused on what to do next. I glancing around, and calculations already running through my head, I decide on a nearby billboard. Wordlessly, I shoot the billboard and then wedge my grappling gun in-between two metal pipes on the roof. I single flip of the switch later, the gun pulls the old billboard down to make an easy slide down from the roof.

I radio in, "We got the hostages out safe, and it looks like they're home free."

Still... these guys coulda really been in a bad spot if it wasn't for Red Fox. Maybe I jumped the gun?

Unleash your powers for 7.
Going to become Insecure, but I'm altering my environment to make reliable way down from the room

Glancing over my shoulder at Red Fox, I say, "Hey, uh... good job." While I retrieve my grappling gun, I add, "You doin' ok? Cause I think we gotta keep movin'."

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Oh poo poo, there's MORE bombs?... that's a lot more than I thought. poo poo, with him running interference, this is going to be a giant problem...

Hearing of Red Fox's and Showstoppers success however eased my worry. "Good work. Get over here, now. We really need you here right now. Tons of bombs and not enough hands."

I took a glance to the side to see the piles of money fluttering about, and the bombs ticking away. poo poo. Gotta stay cool.

"Hey, Scrapyard. I know you're just in it for the money. But yet, your armor looks like a rustbucket. Is that why you're working with that psychopath? No one feels like hiring you anymore? And yet, you got all of this money, lying around, and you're going to explode it. Does this make sense to you? It sure loving doesn't to me."

I step closer to him, confident on the surface but shaking inside. At least I'm faster than him, if he does charge me...

"You see, I'd bet the heroes would actually pay top dollar for someone with your kind of powers, if you go clean. It's been done before, you know. But I can understand if you want to say no. Just let us do our thing here. Look, your "employer" is literally gassing defenseless people. Do you really want to be an accomplice to murder? I know you're better than that, Scrapyard. You've had some bad times, sure. I can understand that, but surely you're not okay with psychopaths like Pantomime.. Just walk out of this, pretend you were unable to beat us or something. I promise we won't tell anyone that you walked out of a contract. What do you say?"

Provoking Scrapyard: 2d6+3 11, intending to stop him from fighting us, have him walk out of the fight or otherwise stop from interfering with our bomb disposal.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Oct 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

AAAAH! AAAH! Holy poo poo I forgot they can JUMP why can they JUMP! When is this allowed to be a thing? Why can giant metal people with (you're a giant metal person and you can fly) TOUCHE, me! Okay. I'm going to die! Going to die, I can see the fist flying through the air at me-

And then there's fire and nets and things and Scrapyard tumbles into the side of the tent, crashing through one of the piles of money! Woo, we did it! I mean, AAG did it! I would offer her a high five but Scrapyard's starting to get back up- you know what, I have time- I swoop down towards AAG, extend my arms to give her a quick half hug- and then promptly fly out of the tent. "Thanks! But I think Pantomime's about to leave, and I think I can get the gas out while I'm down there, can you and Synapse handle him thanks bye!"

... Hah, I... I'm away. I'm not going to die! Only to rush into one other kind of trouble, but I'm not going to die! ... woo... Anyways! I have to get down into the bunk,er but I thinjk I can go through the vents! It'll be a tight fit, but if I shrink myself down in the right way...

Running away, clearing Afraid, and going to engage a (probably) less dangerous threat, because pppsssh metal monstrosity or clown seems a pretty obvious choice
Unleash Powers: Shift through vents, get to a clown. <Nea> !roll 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Nea, 8+2 = 10

But I do it- I squeeze out of the vents, after a bumpy journey, and I reappear- right next to a clown! All alone. All stuck. Wow. Good decisions, Quix! Man. I bet the humans wouldn't have made such a Bad Decision. But anyways- it's just me , and a guy in clown makeup.

So I point at him, and smile, and say something cool, like "End of the Line!" Or something, and then my fingers open up to reveal the Beam Cannons inside them! They're tiny, so Pantomime won't like, die, and we're in an enclosed space! No way this won't work! "Special Beam Attack!"

<Nea> !roll 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> Nea, 6-1 = 5
<Nea> And then SOCK A CLOWN IN THE-
<Nea> MOTHER gently caress
Welp. Any two people wanna... find some way to assist me to spend team? Even one of you? Then I could at least be selfish.

Okay, Winddancer gave me my plus one- and I'm spending one to up Danger and down Savior, giving me /7/! I want to Surprise him, which hopefully will slow down his escape- or else, create an opportunity, if that won't.

Nea fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Oct 11, 2015

• Locked thread