Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Freak: +3 | Danger: +1 | Savior +1 | Superior -1 | Mundane -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: ---

No one else stared at me for such a long time, and I wondered if Red Fox was running some kind of weird diagnostics on her helmet HUD or something because I didn't get it otherwise. I mean, Quixot's way weirder than I am. But I don't want to make a big deal out of it, even though it's hard to ignore.

"We can work up to that," I said, nodding at the TV screen, which had finally started playing the Halo theme. "If you can beat my kill-count, I'll consider it."

It was my first night out of the labs talking to other kids in real life in months. I really just wanted to be friends right now, there was time to be heroes later. Besides that, fighting someone with a super suit would mean I'd have to get weird to beat them and I wanted everyone here to be able to remember me as LEXI first and Viscosity the horrible slime monster second. If they knew me, they wouldn't be scared of me no matter what. At least... that's what I really hoped.

Kind of heavy thoughts for loading into a game of Halo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
The rest of the afternoon is spent in fun activities, hanging out, whichever you like! In fact, nothing serious occurs for a few days, quite uncharacteristically, giving you time to socialize, hang out, train, whatever you like! This counts as 'When Time Passes' for the purpose of Moves

Everyone: Who do you think you got friendlier with during this quiet period?

The fun and games stop with the announcement on the news of the disappearance of a MAD SCIENCE device, the 'Archipelagoer', stolen from the city! The Champions aren't available to dealing with it, as they're off fighting the Chaos Cabal in Siberia right now! This looks like your time to shine, take the initiative instead of just being given a mission by them! Now, how do you proceed?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Freak: 1 Danger: -2 Savior: 0 Superior: 3 Mundane: 1

Lexi! It's my job to make her feel welcome, so I did a ton of things with her. Also, uhm, I did learn she's pretty good at Halo. Huh.

Not to mention, it's nice that I can actually hang out with her when we're not on duty, since she doesn't have a secret identity either!

"Hey, folks, we got work to do. A MAD SCIENCE! device has been stolen. Needless to say, we can't let stay that way. Head to the crime scene as soon as you can. I marked it on your communicator's holomap."

Now, what was that thing again?

Been reading the Files: 2d6+3 10

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Nov 13, 2015

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Freak: +1 Danger: 0 Savior: -2 Superior: +2 Mundane: +2
Potential 2/5 | Conditions:

With accounts and such out of the way, the evening goes pretty well. I'm not exactly a pro at this, but I can hold my own. And, yeah, I don't top the scoreboard, but I get a few good plays in. Good times all around. I do make a point to go fix the other accounts before I go to bed, though.

Since I've got nothing to urgent planned, I sleep in 'till noon the next day. Once I get up, I get right to work on breaking into the Herald's systems. It doesn't take long to crack the SYS password. I sigh, disappointed. I'd hoped the Herald could at least afford to hire a decent IT monkey, but it looks like this is gonna be easier than I thought. Once I get in, I figure that, since I'm the SYS, I can just edit the logs behind me, so I dump all the email and other documents onto an anonymous cloud storage account. After removing the trail from that, I ponder just wrecking the place when I leave. I decide against it, though, since Winddancer DID ask me to keep things quiet. Better to not give them any hints that anyone's been here. I write a few scripts to trawl through the doc dump, looking for keywords like "Knights" "Camelot" "Red Fox" and then let them dig through the mess. It's not hard, but it's gonna take a while.

When I finally leave my room, it's actually after midnight, and I realize I haven't eaten today. Stomach rumbling, I go to the kitchen to scrounge up some leftovers, and end up chatting with Synapse. Not sure what he's doing up this late. Maybe he doesn't sleep? Anyway, we chat while I pile a sandwich together. It's surprisingly normal, considering he's... you know... him. I talk a bit about music, and try to convince him to go to some shows with Visc and me.

Get closer to Synpase

Unleash my hacking powers
!r 2d6+1
capphone1, 11+1 = 12

Extending my senses into the Herald's systems to get leads on why they're writing hatchet jobs

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Freak: 1 Danger: 3 Savior: 0 Superior: -1 Mundane: 0

I think I'm actually getting the hang of this whole juggling my responsibilities thing. Over the past couple days I've made high As on all my schoolwork, kept my idiot brothers in line, showed up to work on time and managed to impress (and steal some encrypted data that I hope is linked to MORDED) at work, visit mom in the hospital, train with the team some, and visit mom in the hospital. I've ever managed a few hours of sleep per night.

Oh! And that data I mentioned? Heavily encrypted... and while, don't get me wrong, I could've eventually figured out how to access it, it would've taken me weeks. Whereas when I gave it to Showstopper, he was making progress in hours. Which, uh, we spent together while he worked on it. It was pretty chill... especially because he promised to keep where he obtained the lead from between me and him. If the team finds out, signs will point to either me working for them, or having stolen from Camelot Corp again. Not sure which they'd think is worse - or which one he believes - but I'm cooler with him knowing it than anyone else. I think he trusts me. And it gave us excuse to be alone for a while, which I enjoyed and I think he seemed to. Got to listen to a lot of his band's music too, and lounge around in his room, and total confession time? Never hung out in a guy's room before with just him. Even if it wasn't romantic or anything, it was still a big confidence builder. Which is crazy since I'm a super hero, but there you go.

Rolled an 10 on Obligations, took advantage Mysterious Data from Camelot Corp. Picked Showstopper as teammate she grew closer to.

It's late when Winddancer communicates with everyone, the buzzing of my phone distracting me from the essay I was working on. After checking it - and then checking on my brothers, to make sure they're in their rooms and going to sleep and I really wish I could lock their rooms from the outside - I don my Red Fox outfit, then depart out my window. I really need something more heroic than a window.

Most of the team is at the base I imagine, and the location is closer to where Lauren lives than it is to the keep. Pretty sure I can get there first, even if it is kind of disappointing. I'd rather it have been a robbery in progress than one that's already finished, since there probably aren't any bad guys still sticking around. Super strength and incredibly agility don't exactly lend themselves to looking for clues most of the time, and Showstopper and Quix's tech can both do tons more than my mask can, scanning wise. Still, a chance to spend time with the team, be Red Fox instead of Lauren, is never a bad thing. "I'll be there in five." I report to the team over the comms as I bound from one rooftop to the next, practically flying and feeling just so free and good. Being a superhero is pretty great.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Freak: -2 | Danger: -1| Savior: +3 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +2

Halo night went pretty well, even if I usually got stuck in second place most of the matches. And I will say Viscosity wasn't one of the ones I was expecting to lose to. She's good, and since as far as I know goo isn't a helpful power for videogames, she just play a lot, just like me. Going to remember that to rope her into playing with me more during downtime. As for the rest of the time off, I'd say... Synapse because we hung out a lot (and we may have kissed a bit more, not telling) but we were already pretty friendly so I don't know if that counts as being friendlier. So Viscosity, because like I wanted to, I totally got her to play some more games with me. She's pretty cool for being made of jello, and way cooler about it than I would be.

Luckily I'd just arrived at the base when the call went out, so I was able to grab a ride over with some of the others, instead of having to catch a taxi or run there or take a bus. When we arrive though, it makes me consider something. I spent a lot of time practicing how to be a superhero, fighting, getting in shape, poses, fighting, you get the idea. One thing I didn't cover was police crime scene investigation techniques. Sooo not really sure how to start on this one. I guess I'll... just... sort of... look around? "Where are we, anyway?"

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I definitely got in a lot of quality video game time with All-American Girl, (if you thought Halo was competitive you should have seen our Street Fighter tournament!) but the one I feel like I got friendlier with was Quixot. I can really relax around them. They don't notice if I do stuff on accident that normal people can't do, and they aren't bothered by the fact that my room is well, chilly compared to everyone else's. (I can't help that it's easier to maintain solid forms in colder environments!) Also, they're an actual alien, not just a meta-human, and that's just interesting as hell. I want to know like, everything, about the space-robots that feel love. :3:

And no I haven't smooched them again... yet. I've thought about it a few times though.

---

My first real mission just has to be this one, doesn't it? Well, cleaning up after MAD SCIENCE! is exactly what I signed up for, so I am determined to do this right. I get my special-designed superhero suit on (thanks doc!) and... realize I have no way to get to the crime scene.

"Um... Can I hitch a ride with someone?" I ask over the coms.

OK, technically I can parkour the rooftops sorta like Red Fox does, but using my stretching and bouncing powers. Thing is, I'm not nearly as FAST as Red Fox, and man that would be a lot of wasted effort if someone else is already driving!

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution

Freak: +2 | Danger: +1 | Savior: +2 | Superior: -2 | Mundane +0
Location: The World Lock Chamber || Conditions: None || Potential: 0/5
Doom: [X] [_] [_] [_] [_]

I mean, yeah. I ended up hanging out with All-American Girl some more, but I actually spent a lot of time helping out Winddancer. Mostly because I figure that the less work she has to do around here, the less stressed she'll be when poo poo actually hits the fan. And maybe a little bit because I felt guilty about snatching up some of her surface thoughts the other night. There's a surprising amount of paperwork and other bureaucratic busy work involved in all this...

When the call comes, I throw on the mask and head to the outside of the Keep.

"Yeah, Viscosity, I'm going to throw myself over there in short order. Just come outside."

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Freak +2, Danger -0,( Savior 0, Superior +2, Mundane -1
Conditions: Afraid, Hopeless
Potential 0/5
Hold (Between Worlds): 3

Time Passing: Growing closer to the team. will explain later, absolving Afraid.

So I kicked rear end at games, but AAG was suprisingly good! I think she did better than most of us, honestly, even the ones that were dirty, superpowered cheaters! In the end, she was a whole lot of fun, but she's not really who I spent time with afterwards. That night was awesome, full of partying and fun and music and games.... Hah. It was a nice way to connect with the team. Be friends. Pretend I never did anything wrong, and that things were okay, and that I hadn't gotten the team into a whole ton of poo poo with the news. Just let myself relax, just let myself ignore the world out there.

Yeah.

Quix absolves Hopeless.

Anyways, I spent time with a few different people after that. I did a lot of hanging out with Lexi, since she's a pretty rad lady. Around her, I don't have to worry so much about watching what I do- and she's fun to talk to me. Plus, uh. She kissed me. That was fun, and definitely unforgettable. Jeez, I think I might be in love! What, of course we have love where I'm from. Did you not see the bright pink hearts? I heard they were a symbol of human love, that's why I carry them on my armor! To promote love and peace! And generally, they also look super cute, and I enjoy looking cute, so... She really helped me out. It was nice to have someone new- to relax with. I didn't feel like I owed them anything, and... we could be friends, not coworkers who are also trying to be friends. It's a pretty different thing, honestly. Aaah, I hope... Nevermind.

Anyways, we had fun and talked and did a bunch of stuff, and it was nice!

But the other time was Showstopper. I spent a bit of time with them- up on the roof, where my ship is. At first, we talked. I made sure they were okay with me, and didn't hate me- and they didn't, and it was nice! They... They didn't judge me. We were cool. We talked, and shot the poo poo, but that wasn't the real important thing either.

The important thing? Well...

===

"Don't worry, Lexi! We can all hitch a ride- Showstopper, hit the lights!" My ship- a giant, pink heart, of mechanical and metallic plates, armed with the finest weaponry of the seven known systems, equipped with dozens of carefully placed and tuned thrusters for maximum turning capability, as well as configured to easily hook into my own system- my ship, the Rocin is here! It slowly decends from the roof of the keep, as the lights slowly power on- in gold, blue, red and pink. With the help of Showstopper, we fixed this thing the gently caress up! He made some modifications, including the flashy disco lights and the thruster system, and I fixed what I could- it's a different beast now, but here she is! "Welcome, the Rocin!" I slowly climb out of the hatch upon hte top, grinning wide all the while! "Liiiiike it?" I admit, I had to grab some advice from my people back home- but I thought it was fair after they asked me the favors earlier. And we got to talking, and they had some pretty decent ideas for me! "Anyways, gang, what do you think?"

<Nea> Oh right I have a when time passes move
<Nea> !roll 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Nea, 11+2 = 13
Hold 3 on Belong in Two Worlds

Ship stats: Fast and Maneuverable, The Biggest, Shootingest Guns, Difficult to repair, Easily detectable (It's a giant bright pink heart, what do you expect?)

Nea fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Nov 15, 2015

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution

Location: The World Lock Chamber || Conditions: None || Potential: 0/5

Whew. I'm surprisingly thankful for the sudden fixing of Quix's ship - I wasn't about to make Viscosity walk, but you could call it a little wasteful on my part. How many seconds - maybe even minutes - would that ease for her take from me, in the end? Speaking of which...

"Uh, hey - got room in there for another?"

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

"Throw yourself-" I start to ask what the hell Synapse means by that when Quixot shows up with a UFO straight out of the Carebear movies. "Oh my GOD, it's AMAZING!"

I don't even wait for anyone else, just scamper up the loading ramp and head straight for the co-pilot's seat. "I call shotgun!"

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Everyone's babbling over the comms about Quix's ship, which definitely isn't making me jealous or anything. I mean, racing across rooftops is awesome and I'd never give this up, but... riding in an alien spaceship? Oh my god, that would be so cool! And, since I don't live in the base or have a ton of free-time to devote to hanging out there, I'm missing out on its inaugural flight. Awww.

With that in mind, I increase my speed to beat everyone else there. Landing out the outskirts of the plundered lab, I get to scouting the facility out before anyone else has the chance to. Maybe this way I'll discover something important and can report it when everyone else gets here. If I can't be everyone's friend - and obviously I'm not - then at least they'll all respect Red Fox. There are some cops here, but I'm not paying them any mind.

<Rauri> Assess the Situation
<Rauri> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 4-1 = 3
Marked XP.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Of course I don't pry when Red Fox drops off a mysterious drive. I say, "Well, if you don't want the team to know, I'll just pretend I git bored and went for a stroll though Camelot's servers. I'll take a look at it now, but fair warning, I spent most of yesterday working on that seeeeeekret project for Winddancer." I give her a wink, saying, "I think you're gonna be pleased with it."

________

I'm glad I don't have to hitch a ride with Winddancer or something. Hoofing it is always a pain, too. You just show up late and winded.

Also, you know, ALIEN SPACESHIP! Working on that was amazing. I've never seen half that stuff before. Now, I wanna see what it can REALLY do.

I give Quixit a hi five as I get on board, saying, "She sounds great Quix. Let her rip!"

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Winddancer: The 'Archipelagoer' is apparently some sort of pocket dimension creator. The last time it was used to try and trap the Mayor and his staff and hold them hostage, and it took opening the device up and meticulously reversing all its settings to bring the mayor's residence back. This new version seems... uh. Portable, for a start, compared to the original one being about the size of a van. That means whoever stole it probably has it with them, easy to move around and hide... great. You get a follow up question

Showstopper: The truth is probably boring and predictable to you - the largest shareholder in the Herald is a certain 'Morgan L. Fay', who just so happens to be on the board of directors at Camelot! A self-made wall street maven who's since branched out into industrial pursuits, it's pretty clear she's putting pressure on the Herald to go after Red Fox. Speaking of who, the drive she gave you to look at is pretty juicy. It's all about technical difficulties they've had with the MORDRED armour, and how they'll have to send something else to a tech demonstration in San Isabel in a couple of weeks instead. (San Isabel is in this universe's Caribbean)

Red Fox: As the first on the scene, you're the first to see the power of the Archipelagoer, as large chunks of the building just... don't exist anymore. Despite missing key structural points, the labs haven't collapsed yet, just held up by inertia, it seems, but there are large gaps throughout the labs. As the first on the scene, you're also alone when you detect an energy spike within the lab, and a torrent of white-blue light tears through yet more of the building, arcing straight towards you! Someone's still here, and they just ambushed you! Take a powerful blow

Everyone Else: As everyone gets aboard the Rocin, it's a short trip to the ransacked labs, just in time to see Red Fox get struck by... something. There's still at least one hostile in the crime scene, using some other MAD SCIENCE gadget against her! What do you all do?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Cripes. That is going to be a nightmare to get back. Okay, there's gotta be some tech nerd that managed to figure out a way to reverse this stuff easily after the last disaster. Or block it out, at least.

I jump around on the rooftops as if it's jumping from one rock on the ground to the other. Abusing physics is fun.

"So, uhm, folks. The thing that was stolen is a portable pocket dimension machine. And it's portable. So watch out for ambushes and sneak attacks.

How do I stop the villain from abusing that thing to escape?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Spaceship spaceship I'm in a spaceshiiiiiiip this is super cool space-ohSHIT. Staring out the window, I see a beam of light heading right towards Red Fox! "Look out!" I yell over the comm, probably pointless considering how fast its moving, and start looking for the door. How do I open this thing?! A moment later I find the lever or button or whatever, pop the door open and dive out. No time to wait for this to land! I'm over a building so it isn't too far of a drop, but as I plummet down I can tell this is going to hurt if I don't do something.

Bullets, bullets... Goo bullet, there! Aiming at the roof of the building below me, I fire, aiming to land in the cushioning goo ball that should be forming any second now.

1:17:02 PM godfish unleash your powers
1:17:05 PM godfish !r 2d6-2
1:17:07 PM Krysmbot godfish, 6-2 = 4
Trying overcome an obstacle/alter the terrain, marking potential

GodFish fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Nov 16, 2015

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

I'm making my way through this facility when suddenly, danger. Danger in the form of a giant laser, which would be awesome if it wasn't pointed at me. There's a fraction of a second between the beam firing and it reaching me. Well, fraction is an exaggeration. There was probably thirty nanoseconds of time, at best, between the beam being fired and it reaching my position. Didn't expect it, wasn't looking the right way. All things considered, it's a pretty good ambush.

Probably would've worked too, if I didn't have my awesome superpowers.

(Rauri-phone) Take The Blow
(Rauri-phone) !r 2d6
(Krysmbot) Rauri-phone, 4 = 4

Danger Sense kicks in, and I leap up into the air, vaulting backwards like my instincts are telling me to for just the scrap of extra time I needed. When you're measuring in nanoseconds, these things matter. As I flip backwards, over the beam that's passing through where my torso literally just was, I can't help but laugh. I just dodged a loving laser beam - my life is one hundred percent badass! Still in midair, I hear AAG scream lookout right after it would've mattered - still appreciate the effort, obviously.

The laser ends before my flip, and I land with legs outstretched, one hand on the ground for balance, helmet already facing in the direction the beam came from. Switching from the comms to just talk to whoever it was that shot at me, I fill them in on what just happened, shouting loud enough for them to hear me no matter where in this torn apart building they're hiding. They were probably too slow to get a good look at what occurred, anyways. "Way to pick the wrong target - missed me." I add in a Kung-Fu 'come at me' gesture for goof measure, taunting whoever it was that just tried to kill me. "Try again?" Rude I guess, but let me repeat - they just tried to kill me!

<Rauri> Provoke Someone via physical demonstration
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 10+3 = 13
Red Fox wants whoever it is that's shooting at her to continue aiming at her, since she's better at avoiding harm than her teammates.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Nov 17, 2015

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Freak +2, Danger -0,( Savior 0, Superior +2, Mundane -1
Conditions: Too Hot, Hot drat (Hot+2)
Potential 0/5
Hold (Between Worlds): 3

Everyone loaded up on the ship, though Red Fox made their own way- Which sucks! I had panels installed specifically so they could do parkour off the ship and hang on and stuff, with magnetics that I should be able to hook up to their mental framework, if they let me, or if not there's little buttons they can press, or I can turn them off and on manually. Anyways, the cockpit's pretty normal, slavishly pink, dozens of screens and interfaces on the wall- most of them don't do anything, but I can enable functioning to certain ones incase someone who isn't me needs to pilot the ship. And of course there's me, in the the middle, enveloped in the cocoon of wires that runs this thing, directly connected to my form.

Anyways, we finally got there, and Gosh Darnit Red Fox got here first! I'm about ready to complain over the radio, and then there's that bright flash- right as Red Fox /backflips over it./ Oh my god they're so cool. Why can't I be a cool robot? I wish I could do half the impressive things they can...

<Nea> Defend Smol AAG
<Nea> !roll 2d6+2
<Yamifenrir> rekt
<Krysmbot> Nea, 5+2 = 7
Taking influence over AAG.

And then AAG jumps out the hatch- And she actually misses a shot, a pile of goo splashing into existence... about 5 feet from where she's going to land. Oh crap- wait. I'm faster than gravity, aren't I? I just have to use these thrusters just right- and luckily, the entire ship is /covered/ in the things. So I jet down towards AAG, carefully matching speeds, before sliding under her, and coming to a stop- slowly enough to where she doesn't break her legs on landing on the hull, of course. "Okay! Uh, why don't we try this again?" Sure, the ship's in close to the building, and they might get a shot off, but the hull should be fine for damage- uh, I hope. Neverthe less, I engage evasive manuevers, in a holding pattern while I try to figure out just what the hell is going on!

<Nea> And assess the Situation
<Nea> !roll 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Nea, 7+2 = 9
What's most in danger, here?

Also, I'm not the leader, but I did the team roll... <Nea> !roll 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Nea, 3+1 = 4
<Nea> welp
2 team total, 1+1, but we start off in a bad spot.

Nea fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Nov 17, 2015

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution

Location: The World Lock Chamber || Conditions: None || Potential: 1/5

Everything gets surprisingly hectic for a minute there, both for Red Fox and All-American. But we get through it. Mostly. I leave out of the open door and try to make my way to the roof where she landed, nudging myself telekinetically to make up for the lack of natural climbing talent.

"Okay - can you drop some of us off near those weird holes in the building? I assume they're not part of a new school of office architecture."

I lean over the side, trying to see inside...

[19:41] Jolinaxas Assessing
[19:41] Jolinaxas !roll 2d6-2
[19:41] Krysmbot Jolinaxas, 6-2 = 4

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Watching the scene through the front window of Quix's ship nothing here seemed to make any sense. "Why would whoever has the Archi-thingamabob just randomly start shooting up the place? They had to know that someone would show up, but the Champions are out of town..." I covered my mouth with both hands when Red Fox dodged that laser beam. "This might be a trap, guys, be really careful!"

With that, I made a rush for the exit ramp, and then got thrown OUT of it as Quix had to take evasive maneuvers to save All-American from ker-splatting.

"Ahhh!" I fell about ten feet onto a rooftop and bounced. "Ugh, come on!" Angry now I pulled myself up and tried to figure out where the beam came from. Red Fox was looking in that direction, and I could see the burn-marks and missing concrete the laser's path left behind. There was a small water tower on the roof behind me, and I scaled the ladder as quick as I could to get a full view of the place. "Alright, you jerk, where are you?"

---
Assessing the situation: 2d6-1 = 8! What here can I use to flush the enemy out of hiding?

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Red Fox: You dodge the laser skilfully, just as everyone arrives in time to see you be a badass, and even though the assailant isn't speaking, you can tell their sights are still trained directly on you... which makes it unfortunate that they're not the only assailant here.

Quixzot: You catch All-American Girl pretty handily, but you've put the Rocin in a bad spot - this low to the ground, this stationary, is it any wonder that the giant pink heart is a giant pink target? Luckily, you can dodge out of the way, but for the person stood on top of the Rocin... you might just have put them in a worse spot, as you see a concussive wave of sound travel out of the top floor of the labs, headed for All-American Girl at, well, the speed of sound. Take the Condition: Guilty

All-American Girl: The goo-ball wasn't even needed, thanks to Quix's quick (heh) thinking! At least that's what you think until you are hit by a wave of sound. You very clearly, (and very loudly) hear: the first five seconds of this, and it... provokes something in you, makes you really want to hit whichever rear end in a top hat fired that at you. Take the Condition: Angry

Viscosity: A lab like this has to have security systems, even if they're currently turned off. If you can get to the security hub and turn them back on again, whoever's hiding inside the building will get flushed out pretty quickly, right?

Windrunner: It's really not difficult at all to stop whoever's using an Archipelagoer from escaping. It can't keep firing indefinitely, and once it's overheated or its pocket universe is filled up, the person using the Archipelagoer is defenceless! Though that assumes the person wielding the Archipelagoer is working alone...

Synapse: You don't see the assailant, but you do see... something that shouldn't be possible. It's just a photo, a black-and-white captured image, but you see the Gestalt, or part of it, at least. Someone in this lab managed to send some sort of device through dimensions, and capture an image of the Gestalt. What about them look alarmingly different to you?

Showstopper: So there's two threats here, at least. Who do you focus on more - the one fighting Red Fox, or the one fighting AAG? Why?

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

I can't tell exactly where the attacks are coming from, they've got a bead on me, and they're firing a laser at me. None of it matters. Between how quickly and accurately I can move and how handy my Danger Sense is against direct attacks, I'm no more in the way of the next shot than I was the last one. I just vault over the blast this time, kicking off the ceiling and diving to the side when the beam arcs up towards me. Hmm...

All American Girl and I have sparred before. I actually had to work at keeping ahead of her, and she was firing ridiculous dart bullets, where I could see her. Whoever this is, they're not exactly at her level, that's what I'm saying. They've got a ton of advantages yet I'm still making this look easy. Hell, it is easy. I'm actually feeling downright anime right now.

There's a few more attacks and a few more dodges, I'm not going to bore you with a play by play. Suffice it to say, by the end of things I've managed to make it a bit closer to where I think they are, and they've managed to miss me four times now. "The one in here can't hit me." I inform both them and the team. Hope it's infuriating enough that they keep shooting at me, since man oh man are they bad at it.

<Rauri> Unleash FoxPowers
<Rauri> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 9+1 = 10
<Rauri> poor villain, gets a cool laser weapon, decides to waste all their time shooting at the most agile person on the team
Extending Senses, locking onto Laser-person with Danger Sense.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I figure that, since Red Fox is currently styling on whoever is trying to shoot her, I should focus on helping All-American Girl. Keeping one hand firmly on the rail, I reach out a hand to AAG, who is still on the roof, and yell, "Hey! Take my hand and get back in here!" While she's getting her bearings, I scan the building, ready to lay down some covering fire with my guitar.

<Capfalcon> Let's make some bad decisions. I need some Potential
<Capfalcon> Defend AAG
<Capfalcon> !r 2d6-2
<Krysmbot> Capfalcon, 6-2 = 4

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution

Location: Mad Science Lab || Conditions: None || Potential: 1/5
Doom: [X] [X] [_] [_] [_]

Good, Showstopper's got All-American covered. That means I've got time to take a closer look.

The dimensional signatures match up - that's for sure. You can tell by the lighting - the sun where the control node resided in its own universe was dying, it makes everything long-shadowed and sickly-looking where it isn't completely dark. But something isn't right. When you have a universe's worth of bio-engineers and geneticists as part of your mind, you tend to take whatever form is necessary over the long-term.

So why does this show nothing but a cave full of homo sapiens? Like me. Well, not exactly like me - there's people of all races, ages. There's even a guy with a tattoo memorializing someone who died in 2010. Whatever is looking into the Gestalt's dimension - I think it's somehow looking back. But how would they? Well, how would I...

Embracing my Doom to assess this particular situation with Freak.
[00:26] Jolinaxas Re-Assessment
[00:26] Jolinaxas !r 2d6+2
[00:26] Krysmbot Jolinaxas, 10+2 = 12
+>What here can I use to learn more about this project?
+>What here is the biggest threat?

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Nov 18, 2015

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Security, security... where are you... Oh, maybe in the fat grey-cinderblock shack by the front gate that says SECURITY on it in black bold letters. How helpful.

I drop off the ladder and bounce over the side of the building, hitting the ground in a roll and running as fast as I can for the building. I'm not exactly a whizz with electronics so hopefully this isn't too tough... For once I'm lucky! There's still power in the building and there's a big red button under a plastic cap that says "ALARM" in white letters.

"Hey guys, gonna get some light and noise up in here, see if we can't get those guys out of hiding. Watch yourselves!" and I slap the button. Immediately floodlights all over the facility turn on and start tracking around, looking for movement. A wailing siren starts too, and it's pretty loud. That should do it! I pop out of the security shack and head for Red Fox's last position.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"You all doing okay? I dug up some info on the pocket dimension thing. There's two weaknesses. One, it overheats quickly. It can't be used to avoid us too often. Secondly, it has limited space inside it's pocket dimension. We may be able to fill said pocket dimension with junk to neutralize it." I explain as I finally arrive at the scene.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

OH poo poo! I hosed that up bad! I fired the goo at the right spot, but I forgot to lead the shot to account for my forward momentum aaaaaaaaahwhat I'm fine?

I blink, looking around until I realize I just got caught by Quixzot and her spaceship. "Than-aaargh!" What the hell was that?! For a moment my ears are blasted with a sound that's both incredibly irritating and gets my blood boiling. I stagger forward, and put a foot out hard on the roof of the ship, bracing myself and glaring in the direction the sound blast came from. Aside from giving me a headache aside, that drat base is still pounding in my head like an especially loud earworm. "Don't think you can just hit me with dubstep out of nowhere like that!" Gritting my teeth, I replace the empty chamber with an explosive shell, and fire off a burst of shots towards where the blast came from. You can't hide from All American Girl's Eagle Ears! Even if they do really hurt. And are pounding enough that I can't hear Showstopper calling for me.

5:59:49 PM godfish Suck it Domitian
5:59:52 PM godfish !r 2d6+3
5:59:53 PM Krysmbot godfish, 5+3 = 8
We trade blows and I'll take something from them- the sound cannon via explosives (if this doesn't work, I'll impress/surprise/frighten them)

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Freak +2, Danger -0, Savior 0, Superior +2, Mundane -1
Conditions: Guilty
Potential 0/5
Hold (Between Worlds): 3->2

Haha! I dodged the shot /and/ caught AAG! It is me! I am, simply, the best! I grin, the ship's lights flashing in sympathy, as I prepare for my next maneuver. Okay. Let's see. What can we do to make this happen? What can I do to make this work? I just have to figure it out. What do I do here? My ship's a big old flashing target, but I can work with that. I just need to be careful. I can dodge, and this thing is zippy as hell. I might even be able to draw fire!

"Okay, AAG-" And then a wave, like the shockwave of an explosion but without the debris and fire that usually accompanies such a thing flies straight up towards the ship! ... Over the ship! Not that I dodged or anything, I didn't really have time to react, the thing flew over, with a faint wubbing sound...

Oh poo poo, that's where AAG is! Luckily, she's yelling over the comms so I know she's not dead ,but it's hard to tell if she's hurt or anything. Craaap. Um. This might have been a bad plan.

I bite my lip- but no. I can't be worrying right now. I don't have time to worry. Isn't worrying and panicking exactly what made me mess up a few days back? This is my chance to redeem myself. So time to ignore all that. I just have to set it aside. I won't feel guilty. I won't feel guilty because I /can't./

It's not something I like to do often,but my brain /is/ synthetic. I can control it when I need to. Which means that right here, right now? I don't have to have bad feelings compromising the missions. After ignoring half a dozen 'are you sure' prompts, I .. allow myself to disable that, for now.

And suddenly, the world feels better.
Spending Between Worlds hold. Healing guilty.

It's probably a bad idea, but whatever. I already did it, so it's too late, and it's not like I'm capable of feeling bad about it right now, haha! So. Let's see. What do I do to get them out of here? Let's figure that out. Observe. Look- and keep AAG comfy up there. "Hey, uh, careful! I think if you kick the red hearts it should hold onto the metal for your boots, though it's made for Red Fox's suit that's a whole lot more metal, so who knows! Also, you might want to dismount, I am about to get sooooo shot at." Of course I am! I'm the biggest target, but my ship should be able to take a shot if it can't even hurt AAG too badly...

Anyways, how am I going to do this? I can start now, and workout the details as I go along, but I do need to work out the details.

<Neopie> Assess the situation
<Neopie> !roll 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Neopie, 8+2 = 10
<Neopie> woooo

What here is most vulnerable to me? How could we best end this quickly?

I open a hatch in the roof, and start reconfiguring wire connections. If I want to stay connected to my ship while I do this, I'll need to have most of the connections in my feet... Unfortunately, my ship's autopilot is just about smart enough to 'go to this place' and, maybe, if I'm lucky, not get shot. So I can't count on it when I'm out of it, but hopefully I won't need to.

I extend my form out of the roof, and set the ship's spotlights on me, showering my form in red and blue and green sparklies. Yeah! And then, I shout out, turning my personal speakers up about as high as they go (sorry AAG's ears). "Come on! Music weaponry? Light shows? Interesting, wonderful! But this is just ludicrous- you want to hide ,and sit? Why not do this properly? You're obviously trying to be seen, so why don't we have a duel? Me, myself, against all of you! I'm the only one here who can /appreciate/ how absolutely fabulous this all is, after all! Come out! Let's /tango./ My team'll stay out of it, and we can all have some /proper/ fun."

And over the private comms- "Get ready to shoot them at an oppourtune time, I do not actually plan to duel them. /~acting~/."

<Neopie> And while we're at it, Provoke.
<Neopie> !roll 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Neopie, 8+2 = 10
<Neopie> WOOOO
Come out and play, darlings!

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Viscosity: It works! Soon the laboratories are abuzz with sirens and flashing lights and more, immediately revealing the two assailants, who are forced to leave their positions! Meeting up with Red Fox, you can see she's in hot pursuit of one of them!

Showstopper: Another wave comes, and there's no way to dissipate it. The only thing you can do to defend All-American Girl is block it, and whether it's foolish heroism or what, you do. You too are subjected to the dropped bassline as it hits you, but it spares her, right? Mark Angry

All-American Girl: While you get another 'DDDDDDD-DROP THE BASS!' it's not as strong as before... mostly because Showstopper threw himself in front of you and took the brunt of it! (mark Guilty), you are able to disable the sound cannon with a well-placed trickshot, that ricochets right into your attacker's chest, too! They're wearing some armour, though, it doesn't disable them, just makes them Insecure.

Red Fox: Target locked, and you see them already running towards the back of the building, away from you. Their guard's down, but you might have to really push yourself to catch them without them getting a good shot on you. What do you do?

Synapse: There should be a lab in this building specialized to researching trans-dimensional events, and you can tell already, whatever these two attackers are doing, they're not the real threat here. Who would send two people, even armed with high tech weaponry, against a full team of superheroes? They're just a distraction. The real threat is whatever they are trying to distract you from.

Quixzot: The one with the busted noise cannon is the most vulnerable, clearly, and you get the feeling... these two aren't strangers. They're a team. If one of them is in danger, the other will probably surrender! Probably. Speaking of, as you issue the challenge for the duel, the one with the busted weapon pokes their head out, giving you a good look at last - though it's not much of a good look, they're wearing a helmet that covers their face. "...Alright. One on one... what are the terms?"

Winddancer: So they're using some sort of... sound cannon and a laser. Neither of these two have the Archipelagoer, at least. What do you suspect is their role in all of this?

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

The lab and everything lights up, and it becomes easier than ever to find my assailant. Viscosity bounds in, apparently having been the one to reactivate the labs. Nodding my helmet at her once in greeting, I point in the direction the guy that keeps shooting at me is retreating. "One going that way, follow me." I don't wait for her reply, we don't have time - I take off into the facility, using every trick and advantage I know of to move as quickly as I can.

There's no way this guy's getting away from me! I may not have super-speed per se, but with physical abilities far beyond Olympic levels and the reflexes and nimbleness to move precisely where I mean to when I want, I don't really need it. I still move insanely quickly through the lab, blazing a zig-zagging trail that makes aiming at me difficult, especially since I know exactly where he is.

Finally arriving in view, he takes a shot exactly when I figured he would. Kicking off the wall I'm against and vaulting over both the laser and my adversary, I grin under my helmet as they spin around. So slow~. Before they can actually point the blaster at me point-blank, I punch them once in the wrist, careful to pull my attack some. Don't want to shatter their hand or anything, just loosen their grip. Almost simultaneously with that strike landing I'm spinning on one foot, bringing the heel of the other crashing into their stomach, and them flying. As they do, I hook my foot under the weapon they're holding, sending it up rather than away as they go down.

Their blaster sails up into the air, only to end up landing neatly in my outstretched hands when it falls, already pointed towards its former wielder. I leave it there for a second, mostly admiring how cool all of that had just looked, then toss it far across the room, away from both of us. "You should give up."

<Rawri> Directly Engage
<Rawri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rawri, 10+3 = 13
Resist or avoid their blows, take something from them (laser blaster).

Rauri fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Nov 22, 2015

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution

Location: Mad Science Lab || Conditions: None || Potential: 1/5
Doom: [X] [X] [X] [_] [_]

My telekinesis is still tearing the lab apart for details while I get on the comms.

+We're being played. Wasting time with those two. There's a lab here where they're researching across dimensions. I thought that sort of thing was discouraged, not to mention very difficult, due to the Lock's existence...+

Nothing. But an idea occurs to me, and I start flying towards the team. I must admit, I'm not usually this eager to dive into someone's mind, but the alternative is so much worse.

+They're bait. There's something much bigger going on here. I'm coming - they might know what they're distracting us from...+

He'll mark doom to add a team to the pool. Now at 3.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"I'm having a real problem getting a good look at the situation here. Anyone need me as backup? Just say the word. Also, I have this really bad feeling these people are just a distraction. We still haven't seen what we came here fore, either. Watch out for anything strange. Might be another trap somewhere."

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Freak: +3 | Danger: +1 | Savior: +1 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: -1

"Nice!" I yell to Red Fox, bouncing past her as she disarms the guy with the laser-gun. Synapse's message comes over the comms loud and clear. "We'll hold this one for you, Synapse. Get over here quick."

I look around the rubble and debris and find exactly what I need. A big steel cargo container with the top missing. It's sure to be ridiculously heavy but it'd definitely hold someone like this guy without hurting him.

Rolling Freak to reshape environment: 2d6+3 = 9. Anyone want to help with a Team point? If not, then it's temporary/unstable/dangerous.

I wrap my arms around the container, stretching them like rubber-bands until I can link my fingers on the other side. Then I suplex it. Yep, just lift it straight up and over and back down behind me, to slam over the bad guy's head like sticking a cup over a spider. "Gotcha!"

I let go of the container and stagger a little bit, while the now-gunless guy starts banging on the inside of the metal. "Phew, that was heavy..."

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

I can't help but stare as Viscosity suplexes the shipping container around the guy. It looks heavy, and it's certainly unwieldy, but she lifted it like it wasn't too much trouble, trapping the now weaponless assailant within. They start to bang on the crate, clearly not going anywhere, and I laugh into my voice synths since it's actually kinda funny. "HaHaHa." I usually try not to laugh, since the rest of the team thinks it sounds creepy (haven't been able to get the voice modulator tuned just right), but I can't help it.

Striding over to offer her a high five, I gesture over my shoulder towards the giant shipping container. "Nice move." There's not a lot else for me to add, she trapped him and I took his gun, he's not going anywhere for a while.

Spending a team to boost Visc's effort by being genuinely impressed / making her more confident.

Synapse and Winddancer seem to think these guys are just bait or distractions or something. If that's the case, no idea what we're actually supposed to be looking for. "Ours is beaten, where are we needed?"

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Location: Crime Scene | Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Angry, Guilty

I can barely even hear the second dubstep cannon blast what with my ears feeling like they're bleeding from from Quix's ship's speakers blasting right next to me. Which doesn't stop me from seeing Showstopper throw himself in front of me to take the blast. "Ahh! What are you doing Showstopper! Are you alright?!" I bend over him, trying to make sure he's alright, but considering all that happened to me from the same was getting pissed and a headache, I'm just going through the motions really. Speaking of getting pissed, now I'm even more angry at those bastards with the cannon for hitting Showstopper as well.

At this point I'm not paying attention at all to Synapse, Quixzot or Winddancer's plans, so as soon as one of the jerks who was shooting at us sticks his(?) head out, I fire off one of my tazer shots right at his stupid masked helmet. Hope you rubberized it rear end in a top hat!

Directly Engage
10:44:15 PM godfish_ !r 2d6-1
10:44:16 PM Krysmbot godfish_, 8-1 = 7
trading blows, I'll create an opportunity

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Freak +2, Danger -0, Savior 0, Superior +2, Mundane -1
Conditions:
Potential 0/5
Hold (Between Worlds):2

Well. I was going to talk to them. Maye, see if we could get some information from them .Well... That plan's out the window, because now everyone is shooting at everyone else. Well, I suppose all's fair in love and war. So I sigh, rub my face with a hand for a bit, and get to work. It's all fair to use my cool spaceship once the duel's gone out the window, right?

The Rocin's cannon pots slowly slide open, each of the several dozen just on the side of the ship facing the building opening up, revealing a tinycannon, much similar to my own! Bigger, though. Admittedly, they're going to be limited to about twenty percent power so we don' have a repeat of last time.

So let's do this! Open fire!

I love the smell of plasma in the morning.

Neopie> Shoot Everything
<Neopie> !roll 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Neopie, 6+2 = 8
Trade blows, Impress, Suprise, or Frighten.

Nea fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Nov 25, 2015

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Potential 3/5 | Conditions: ANGRY

GAH! That stupid music! It's not even real music! Just some dumb rear end with a macbook loving with other people's music!

But if he wants to play like that, I can jam with the best. I growl and climb up off the floor of Quix's ship. Aiming my guitar, I let out a few power cords, hurtling right at the stupid bass cannon.

<Capfalcon> Gonna punch a guy with my guitar
<Capfalcon> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> Capfalcon, 4 = 4

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"Good work Red Fox and Visco. We should go meet up with AAG and Showstopper, so we don't get picked off or something."

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Red Fox & Viscosity: The laser rifle is ripped out of his hands, and he clutches at his ribs with one free hand, but still has enough air in him for a half-witty comeback! "Giving up is for-" is all the recently de-lasered assailant is able to get out before the steel container is slammed around him. After that, you can't really make out what he says, just that there's a lot of shouting and pounding on the steel walls! Laser Blitzer is Defeated!

All-American Girl, Showstopper: They clearly did not rubberize their helmet, as the piercing shriek they let out is evidence enough of that - but, as if by reflex, they bring up their wrist and fire some taser darts of their own... except that, shaken by their own shock, the shots go wide, not at All-American Girl, but at Showstopper instead! Take a Powerful Blow.

Quixzot: Well, one of the aggressors is down for the count, and the second... yeah, she's down for the count too, after taking some plasma fire head on. She's out cold, as Earthlings say, even though you're pretty sure plasma is too hot for that saying to make sense! Sonic Blitzer is Defeated!

Winddancer: While the others have taken down the two fighters, you've been busy looking for what they could be trying to distract you from, right? What hidden room or elevator or portal do you find in the labs, and what about it seems the most unusual?

Synapse: Both of them are down, now - which one do you try to read the mind of first?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Raiding the labs, I find what they were trying to distract us from. A portal of some sort. But where does it lead? Huh, this computer is on. Wait, those coordinates. Our base? No - The World Lock?! What the hell? Gotta be something in this room that can tell me what they were doing… A camera? Hm… I suppose it will do. Okay, whoever used this really didn’t expect us. They left it on with full access!

Okay, the recording. Let’s see… Holy poo poo… this is… a mess of body parts whirling itself together into the shape of a human! What the gently caress. This gotta be a loving piece of the Gestalt! Synapse needs to know about this…

“Synapse, I need you on my location, RIGHT NOW. This is bad I fear the Gestalt may be involved.”

• Locked thread