Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

SEASON PREMIERE ON OCTOBER 6TH AT 8:00PM (EST/CST/MST/PST), ON THE CW NETWORK

The Fastest Man Alive returns for his second season after a world-ending finale. When we last saw our hero, he was running up into a singularity with his usual plan for saving the day: run really really fast around it and pray that fixes things.

Season 2 takes place six months after the end of the first season, as Flash is hailed in Central City as a hero. However trouble is always afoot and this time it's from a whole world away, as the events of last season's finale opened up a doorway into a parallel world dubbed Earth-2 (the suggestion to call it Earth-A was rejected) filled with new foes crossing over. Luckily he's going to have help from a hero hailing from this newly discovered world. Old faces and new faces alike will appear, as Barry heroically plans to run fast and kick rear end. Just don't ask him about his love life.

MAIN CAST

Barry Allen aka The Flash (Grant Gustin): Titular main character. Forensic scientist for the Central City police by day, Flash by night and also day.
Iris West (Candice Patton): Barry's best friend and love interest. This season she'll be more settled in her career as a reporter for Central City Picture News.
Joe West (Jesse L. Martin): Iris' father and Barry's after he was orphaned. A Central City police detective, who dishes out fatherly advice when needed (and even when not) along with being an overall badass.
Cisco Ramon (Carlos Valdes): S.T.A.R. Labs mechanical engineer and resident fanboy. At the end of season one it was revealed he's a meta-human, a revelation that deeply unsettles him.
Caitlin Snow (Danielle Panabaker): S.T.A.R. Labs bioengineer and geneticist. She acts as Barry's doctor for when he gets banged up in battle and is married to one-half of Firestorm.
Harrison Wells (Tom Cavanagh): aka Eobard Thawne, aka Reverse Flash. Was erased from existence at the end of season one, but is confirmed to return through mysterious means. Stay tune for more.

NEW CAST

Jay Garrick (Teddy Sears): The Flash of Earth-2, he comes to warn Barry and friends of a dangerous enemy. He will serve as Barry's new speedster mentor, which will go over better than being taught by the guy who killed his mother and ruined his life.
Patty Spivot (Shantel VanSanten): Joe's new police partner. She's described as Flash's answer to Felicity Smoak from Arrow, being a science geek who is fascinated by meta-humans. Will be replacing Eddie Thawne in the Obligatory Love Triangle this season between Barry and Iris.
Zoom (???): Season 2's main villain. Not much is known about him, but he is Jay Garrick's "Reverse Flash" so to speak and has been the cause of many deaths on Earth-2. Tony Todd (of Candyman fame) has been cast to do voiceover work for Zoom, while his physical actor is a secret.

In addition, fan favorite rogues Leonard Snart/Captain Cold (Wentworth Miller), Mick Rory/Heatwave (Dominic Purcell) and Lisa Snart/Golden Glider (Peyton List) are confirmed to be returning early on in the season. Ronnie Raymond (Robbie Amell) and Dr. Martin Stein (Victor Garber) will also be reprising their dual hero role as Firestorm. Plus emmy-nominated CGI effect Gorilla Grodd is coming back too (he lost out to those dragons on Game of Thrones.)

More new characters are set to show up (Wally West is confirmed for sure) but these are the faces you can expect to have a frequent presence (except Grodd, but he's the reason Flash got an emmy nomination this award season so it's kinda noteworthy.)

General Rules

1. ONLY TALK ABOUT FLASH COMICS IF IT'S RELEVANT TO THE SHOW

We got a DC comic thread for any comic-related talk. Use best judgment on whether or not some random tidbit from the comics is relevant to the show. Additionally keep in mind that certain elements from the comics may be used on the show and could potentially become spoiler territory.

2. This show shares a universe with Arrow and the not-yet premiered Legends of Tomorrow (comes out January 2016.) Keep Arrow talk to the Arrow thread unless it's relevant to Flash. New information on Legends of Tomorrow can be shared here before the show comes out, but don't let it dominate the thread.

3. Spoiler-tag/warn for spoilers on any major information that will be released online, including upcoming episode trailers. Anything that happened in the first season does not need to be spoiler tagged.

If you missed season 1 or just feel like rewatching, it's available on Netflix starting October 6th or you can purchase the full season on DVD through Amazon and local retailers. Let's have a nice big thread this year and Happy Flash Day every Tuesday, excluding break periods.

lotus circle fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Feb 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
Reposting from the old thread, Jay and Barry together in costume.

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!
My body is ready, tomorrow can't get here fast enough

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Astro Nut posted:

I still cant believe this is a real scene from a real TV show in the real year 2015.

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

Astro Nut posted:

God bless America.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Astro Nut posted:

What a time to be alive

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Dad Flash is still a recurring character, right? Dad Flash is the best.

Astro Nut posted:

I need a girl version of this: :flashfap:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMe1qlyuMXQ

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

:rip: Eddie.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Astro Nut posted:

I've ignored all off-season news. This is a cool thing and has me excited for tomorrow.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, he got cast on a new show, he ain't coming back.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Wasn't it confirmed that Ronnie wouldn't be in the Matrix with Stein anymore?

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Chronices of Cisco are back! For those who don't know, they're little journal entries written from Cisco's point of view by writers working on the show. Not necessary for enjoying the show, but still fun if you're a fan of the character.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Eddain posted:

Wasn't it confirmed that Ronnie wouldn't be in the Matrix with Stein anymore?

As far as I know it hasn't actually been confirmed but a lot of people are guessing it from a lack of Robbie Amell in any promotional material.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Robbie's suddenly a hot commodity so he's probably not gonna be back.

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!

muscles like this? posted:

As far as I know it hasn't actually been confirmed but a lot of people are guessing it from a lack of Robbie Amell in any promotional material.

spoiler from trailer: The clearly not-robbie person wearing the firestorm suit/chest thing in the trailer would seem to be confirmation, barring some alternate-universe teamup stuff.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Astro Nut posted:

Are they going to actually recreate the Flash of Two Worlds cover in live action? Hot drat, it's a great time to be alive.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

McSpanky posted:

Are they going to actually recreate the Flash of Two Worlds cover in live action? Hot drat, it's a great time to be alive.
Not sure if you were still keeping up with the old thread but

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
My :flashfap: is ready for :flashfap:

in summary: :flashfap:

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Why does a hero who runs really fast wear a hat with a brim? Doesn't he always have to stop and go back for it when it flies off his head?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Superhero clothing has defied physics since day one. Accept it.

jiffynuts
Jul 6, 2005

It's a-me-a-ha-me-ha

Rocksicles posted:

Superhero clothing has defied physics since day one. Accept it.

The Speed Force keeps it on. :flashfact:

I haven't been this excited for an episode of a show in a very long time. My inner nerd is busting at the seams.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Just say it's the Speed Force and I'm fine. Like how Superman's cape gets burned away by stuff, but the rest of his costume is encased within the super-invincibility field that surrounds his body, so kids don't have to watch a naked man pummeling a robot every time he gets set on fire.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

In the comics Jay actually has super speed as a metahuman power, though he does get an assist from the Speed Force. When it goes away for a bit in one story he's still fast, while everyone else loses theirs.

It didn't exist both narratively and outside of canon until decades after he was created either so for a long time it was just "Comics".

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Phenotype posted:

Just say it's the Speed Force and I'm fine. Like how Superman's cape gets burned away by stuff, but the rest of his costume is encased within the super-invincibility field that surrounds his body, so kids don't have to watch a naked man pummeling a robot every time he gets set on fire.

I would have watched a lot more superman growing up if that hadn't been the case.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Phenotype posted:

I thought Supermans costume was made out of the material inside his space capsule or some such nonsense, hence why it never got ripped or destroyed. Not that that explains the cape burning up all the time, and all the times his costume gets ripped and destroyed during fights.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

McSpankWich posted:

I thought Supermans costume was made out of the material inside his space capsule or some such nonsense, hence why it never got ripped or destroyed. Not that that explains the cape burning up all the time, and all the times his costume gets ripped and destroyed during fights.

There are separate origins for his costume, the old one (50s-80s) was that it was made from stuff in his capsule and like everything from Krypton when it comes to Earth it became indestructible (this means everything about his costume including the cape can't be damaged.) The slightly more modern (80s-2000s) origin was that it was just a costume that Ma Kent made but anything that is extremely close to his skin kind of picks up his invincibility so it is hard to damage (this is why his costume is usually fine but the cape could be burned/whatever.) The New 52 (present day) version is Kryptonian armor and is thus tough on it's own.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Phenotype posted:

Why does a hero who runs really fast wear a hat with a brim? Doesn't he always have to stop and go back for it when it flies off his head?

Speed Force and he for this purpose

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Astro Nut posted:

splosh.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

lotus circle posted:

Harrison Wells (Tom Cavanagh): aka Eobard Thawne, aka Reverse Flash. Was erased from existence at the end of season one, but is confirmed to return through mysterious means. Stay tune for more.

Wait what? I must have missed something cuz I just remember they knocked him out of something. Thought I remembered a scene with him in meta-jail too.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Inspector 34 posted:

Wait what? I must have missed something cuz I just remember they knocked him out of something. Thought I remembered a scene with him in meta-jail too.

That was the penultimate episode. Do you not remember the season finale?

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Inspector 34 posted:

I agree with you 100%, the finale of season 1 was very boring and not memorable at all. Let's hope the show is re-invigorated a little bit in Season 2.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
That description is a bit confusing. Harrison Wells and Eobard Thawne are two different people. Eobard was written out of existence, Wells wasn't.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

MacheteZombie posted:

That description is a bit confusing. Harrison Wells and Eobard Thawne are two different people. Eobard was written out of existence, Wells wasn't.

No, just killed.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

My Q-Face posted:

No, just killed.

True.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Huh, maybe I did actually completely forget the finale! Guess I've got a few hours to rectify that before season 2 at least.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
:stare:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I am wondering if they bring back the guy who played Eobard originally or if they just make it Wells.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
For those who weren't aware, Rick Cosnett who played Eddie is now a series regular on Quantico on ABC (which is basically Grey's Anatomy: FBI Edition) so you should watch that if you miss him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

I can't wait for the premier, unfortunately Verizon FiOS doesn't have flash on Demand, so I can't rewatch the finale.

• Locked thread