Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
fave wwe power couple?
This poll is closed.
Triple H and Stephanie 7 6.14%
Brie and Nikki Bella 13 11.40%
Rummer Rae 94 82.46%
Total: 114 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

DeathChicken posted:

Well he *had* a really good one in the Curbstomp, but

What's so stupid is the pedigree is the move that would be more likely to give someone a concussion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 3 minutes!

modern villian posted:

When was the last time Rollins successfully hit the Pedigree?

Some say he's still trying...

Zyla posted:

Is cesaro hurt or being demoted again?

Before tonight's RAW thread:

ayn rand hand job posted:

Cesaro just came out for Superstars to fight Adam Rose

ayn rand hand job posted:

Adam Rose just said this must suck for you Cesaro that your career has come to fighting Adam Rose on Superstars.

I am not making this up.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

creative didn't get the message

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

Well I hope he likes the Triangle Gate title because I want an all-trios elimination tag Survivor Series. Fine WWE, do your 1v1 whatever main event title matches, but there are so many 3-man/woman teams now that it books itself.

Gonz posted:

So when are we going to get an Open the Dream Gate WWE Championship?

What I want WWE to copy from Dragon Gate is booking that pays attention to characters and their history/relationship with other characters, with feuds and storylines that logically follow from these character's histories and personalities in a way that is both satisfactory and fun to watch.

We'll probably get Big Show doing Meteoras and wearing a belt of keys before that happens though.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

stephanie mcmahon is the worst fictional character ever written

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

stephanie mcmahon is the worst fictional character ever written

Not so long as Linda McMahon exists.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Dimebags Brain posted:

What I want WWE to copy from Dragon Gate is booking that pays attention to characters and their history/relationship with other characters, with feuds and storylines that logically follow from these character's histories and personalities in a way that is both satisfactory and fun to watch.

This is madness. Anarchy, even.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

uh we got that hot as gently caress lesnar/big show match based on their historic 13 year rivalry

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
I did not need to watch that NXT WWE 24 and cry again with the Bailey/Sasha stuff. I cried enough the first time during the event and now I get to see their parents talking about it?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I hated Raw and even disliked the last hour only because we give Steph poo poo but Cena is perhaps the biggest heat leech in the history of wrestling. Whether it's creative's decree, Cena's, or both, he latches on to anything hot so incredibly often (and usually buries it) that I really hate it. Cena's going to bury New Day utterly, and even if he doesn't, the other options are Kofi, US Champ in which case with whom does he feud, or Cena dropping it to Ziggler for this loving RUSEV/ZIGGLER BULLSHIT. God this angle is the dirt worst and a waste of everyone involved, much as Rusev and Summer still manage to own.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I hated Raw and even disliked the last hour only because we give Steph poo poo but Cena is perhaps the biggest heat leech in the history of wrestling. Whether it's creative's decree, Cena's, or both, he latches on to anything hot so incredibly often (and usually buries it) that I really hate it. Cena's going to bury New Day utterly, and even if he doesn't, the other options are Kofi, US Champ in which case with whom does he feud, or Cena dropping it to Ziggler for this loving RUSEV/ZIGGLER BULLSHIT. God this angle is the dirt worst and a waste of everyone involved, much as Rusev and Summer still manage to own.

The appeal of New Day has never been their in ring prowess or dominance, although tonight made a new bench mark. I don't think we need to worry about New Day being relegated to horn tooting clowns.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Seth Rollins (and myself) teared up after the Bayley match. :unsmith:

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

mkay0 posted:

Of all the many, many things wrong with WWE right now, new days booking isn't one of them. They have been pushed faster than 95 percent of WWE guys.

The incredible speed of Kofi Kingston's push straight to the moon.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

RacistGuidingLight posted:

The appeal of New Day has never been their in ring prowess or dominance, although tonight made a new bench mark. I don't think we need to worry about New Day being relegated to horn tooting clowns.

I dont understand why but killing heat just seems to be what WWE does these days. I got way back into rasslin around end of 2013 and between then and now everything I was excited by now leaves me with a who cares? feeling. Maybe that's more on me than WWE but with each one I can likely point to a specific show or storyline that just killed all momentum dead. New Day are great in many aspects but I dont doubt that a good 3-4 straight weeks of scripted promos and wheel spinning due to parity booking would stall them out as bad as it did anyone else in the company getting too much unplanned heat.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
You know when Comic Relief is on? The charity event? Do you have that in the US?

You know how they take the most popular sketch comedy character and then have the Prime Minister or President interact with them in a situation where the politician gets the upper hand over the beloved sketch character in a skit that is the dirt worst? So bad it makes you hate the politician even more and not only lose respect for the fictional character but the comedian playing them? So bad that you kind of hope that they don't make their target goal and that people actually start phoning into to take their money back?

That's every Stephanie McMahon interaction.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Just caught up with the show, New Day putting a post-match beating on Cena, beating up Ziggler when he tried to save the day, and then beating up the Dudleyz when they showed up as well was a pretty great ending :)

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Dimebags Brain posted:

We'll probably get Big Show doing Meteoras and wearing a belt of keys before that happens though.

I'd settle for Zack Ryder being forced to dress up like Stalker Ichikawa.

Niwrad posted:

They need to give Rollins a real finisher. Him doing the pedigree looks so awkward.

His Shield finisher was a springboard flying knee to the head, which was pretty cool.

But seriously, he has a loving near-perfect Phoenix Splash and they never let him win a match with it.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

RacistGuidingLight posted:

I haven't watched in a while, but the way they acted tonight, they were the spitting image of Degeneration X during the first few months : complete insanity at ringside, getting serious for a second, so they can lay-out the four guys who were attacking them, and then casually going back shaking their butts, and dancing up the aisle.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

sticklefifer posted:

But seriously, he has a loving near-perfect Phoenix Splash and they never let him win a match with it.
its not a very good heel finisher imo, because the crowd is guaranteed to pop huge for it

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Since Kofi hasn't had his turn with Cena, we'll probably see that next week.
Hopefully he has to fight all three of them at Hell in a Cell.
Or even better, Heath finally gets his chance and wins it.

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!
New Day vs The Dudleys part 3 is already confirmed for Hell in a Cell.

Based on Ziggler inadvertently kicking Cena on Raw, I'm guessing that's sowing the seeds for the US title match at the PPV.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
us champion dolph ziggler is some real "darkest timeline" type poo poo

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

abraham linksys posted:

us champion dolph ziggler is some real "darkest timeline" type poo poo

But then Rusev can beat him and get married.

Why do you hate love?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
they'll reprise the cena/rusev feud but with ziggler

at least ziggler in a chain match would be funny as hell to watch

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Ziggler is one of my favourites and I had super high hopes for him around a year ago but his character has been loving terrible through 2015.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I haven't been paying attention to Ziggler's things for a long time so the switch from "use Ziggler!" to "screw Ziggler!" is jarring to me.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Aurain posted:

I haven't been paying attention to Ziggler's things for a long time so the switch from "use Ziggler!" to "screw Ziggler!" is jarring to me.

he is a bad face and he is a weight around Rusev, Summer and Lana's collective necks

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

He's a good face in-ring but he has a natural Smug rear end in a top hat look and promo delivery that doesn't suit being a good guy.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Also the feud with Rusev has completely destroyed Lana's character.

Turns out the stern dominatrix persona was what people loved about her. Making her a giggly blushing love interest killed everything unique about her.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

she's a denimnatrix

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

abraham linksys posted:

they'll reprise the cena/rusev feud but with ziggler

at least ziggler in a chain match would be funny as hell to watch

Does that mean that Cena steals Lana from Ziggler? Last time Cena stole somebody's girlfriend it was in that awful angle with Zack Ryder that I'm sure we all love and remember, but this time I could see it working because gently caress Dolph Ziggler.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Grendels Dad posted:

Does that mean that Cena steals Lana from Ziggler? Last time Cena stole somebody's girlfriend it was in that awful angle with Zack Ryder that I'm sure we all love and remember, but this time I could see it working because gently caress Dolph Ziggler.
He actually already stole Amy Schumer from Dolph Ziggler!

John Cena is an insatiable monster.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Sounds like typical bad WWE booking/writing being spared the blame in want of people wanting to attribute it to a wrestler as opposed to something intangible.

I know nothing's going to change either way but it's not really hard to see why the WWE goes with tried and tested boring nonsense when for a long time they're asked to go with a certain guy and then people turn on that guy when they go with him. They're not going to change their booking any time soon so they're just going to blame it on Ziggler rather than any sort of retrospective look at themselves and then people will probably go back to wishing he was around.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The New Day's attitudes need some adjusting, thankfully John Cena is on the case

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Ruggington posted:

she's a denimnatrix

fuckin lol

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

At least Cena is a draw.
Nobody goes to the arena to see Stephanie.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Doo-Wop Duodenum posted:

-JOHN CENA vs Big E. The CESARO SECTION signs are gone, but there are visible CENA SECTION signs.

I'm going to need someone to c/d that this is true. Not me i don't watch raw.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

RaceyBucket posted:

I'm going to need someone to c/d that this is true. Not me i don't watch raw.

It was true. There were some Cesaro section signs, but IIRC the dudes holding them didn't have tickets to those seats and were moved when the actual holders showed up.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Big Dave: "Something happened with Paige" and that's why she tapped out to Natty and doesn't have a title match at Hell in a Cell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hip check please
Jan 11, 2012

Does anyone know when Raw usually hits hulu?

• Locked thread