Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
It's like how some people think OJ did it.

:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Cojawfee posted:

The court of public opinion already convicted him of being the Chaos killer and sentenced him to a lifetime of being poo poo on by nobodies.

Where there's smoke there's fire, if the DA charged him with all those crimes he must be guilty of something! :nyd:

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Mortanis posted:

Good premiere with just enough of the status quo changed that I hope it makes the show a lot more interesting.

I'm in the camp that Blaine 100% has his memory - they make a point of him singing along with a song and having Ravi explain that Retrograde Amnesia means he shouldn't have anything but procedural memory. That's not, like, a medical certainty or anything, but it seemed just enough on the nose while still being subtle that it feels right.

FWIW memory is really complicated and there are case studies of people where they remember things like songs or numerical sequences that they sung/used a lot despite losing all of their autobiographical memory.

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

fingers like strings of walnuts
Major is actually the Chaos Killer.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I feel like its a futile exercise for us to try and apply real world political and ethical logic to the idea of "how would the US government respond to an island of literal brain eating zombies who have been secretly gathering power, wealth, and a military force in society for years while also harboring a bunch of criminal enterprises and serial killers."

The more I think about the whole Filmore Graves stuff the sillier and stupider I kind of find it. But that's ok because I've never watched this show for smart, complicated meta plots or storytelling. If I did I'd be annoyed by the entire Wally sequence of events ending in any way other than a "false flag" but Filmore Graves.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Yeah, the show about a bubbly crime fighting zombie isn't too concerned about maintaining realism. Sometimes people are going to do really dumb things, because if everyone was smart and sensible it would break the story.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I feel like our collective low expectations for this show are summed up by the fact that the thread isn't filled with people complaining about how "stupid" and "lazy" it was for Clive to randomly run into a kid he cares about who happens to be a zombie as he's trying to make peace with the idea of zombies, and then for that kid to randomly get killed as Clive is trying to figure out if he should protect zombies. Like, if that had been done on just about any other CW show the thread would be filled with a lot of complaining.

But iZombie's light and silly, so we excuse that stuff. Just like the discussion we just had about how clumsily they wrote off the family. We give it a pass because we don't look for a lot more than some light fun from the show. And that's fine.

radlum
May 13, 2013
“Heaven just got a little bit smoother”

That line reminded me how much I love this show. So happy it's back.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

radlum posted:

“Heaven just got a little bit smoother”

That line reminded me how much I love this show. So happy it's back.

The whole thing with Rob Thomas being dead was just great.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Tiggum posted:

I loved the part where they were talking poo poo about musician Rob Thomas, but really veiled show creator Rob Thomas making fun of himself.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

hangedman1984 posted:

I loved the part where they were talking poo poo about musician Rob Thomas, but really veiled show creator Rob Thomas making fun of himself.

I preferred the bit last season where Vaughn was talking about how great Rob Thomas is.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Phssthpok posted:

Major is actually the Chaos Killer.

hosed up if true

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Tiggum posted:

hangedman1984 posted:

Yeah that's been a thing since Veronica Mars - people got the two of them confused. "Why is a musician producing a TV show???" Fantastic that they got him on it, makes me love the show even more.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Everyone in this thread should also watch Party Down. Same sense of humor.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Party Down getting cancelled pissed me off almost as much as when VMars ended.

Hopefully Thomas breaks the streak with iZombie. Both he and Bryan Fuller make my favourite tv shows that never last long enough.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Loving that Wally turned Clive onto Game of Thrones.

She made you eskimo brothers with satan :lol:

I want to know what's the deal with the brain paste that Fillmore Graves is feeding their zombies. All the nutrients with none of those nasty side effects!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

I definitely think there's got to be more to Fillmore-Graves's plan than "we'll just retire to an island and live peacefully." But I also think Vivian is genuinely sincere in caring about the future of zombiekind.

So tonight's brain preparation was chili dogs. I guess because dads and grilling go together?

Also: "black Tony Stark."

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
This show is just delightful and I've missed it so much. :allears:

Graves has a legit reason to want to protect themselves but they're also hella escalating. Keeping paramilitary around and in constant training doesn't exactly scream "we will only use force if necessary."

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I want to know what's the deal with the brain paste that Fillmore Graves is feeding their zombies. All the nutrients with none of those nasty side effects!

The brain paste is weird. How did the conspiracy nut neighbour know the residue in the tubes was brain? Much less human brain. It should just be unknown pate, right? The zombies still eat regular food too, so it isn't like mysterious no name goo tubes were the only food in the trash.

If you know your neighbours work for blackwater filmore graves going through the trash looking for something incriminating might make sense to a conspiracy nut, but focusing in on food waste is still an odd thing to do unprompted.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
I wonder if there's a trick to the paste, or if you blend enough brains at a macro level, the personality side effects get diluted.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Cojawfee posted:

That's what I thought. That's just begging for any super power in the world nuking the whole island and saying "We had to do it to prevent this virus from spreading further."

I'm guessing that she has some kind of zombie-MAD scheme and that will pertain to her villain-turn towards the end of the season.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I only just found out this show was back and I'm so happy. Teen Girl Major was fantastic.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Facebook Aunt posted:

The brain paste is weird. How did the conspiracy nut neighbour know the residue in the tubes was brain? Much less human brain. It should just be unknown pate, right? The zombies still eat regular food too, so it isn't like mysterious no name goo tubes were the only food in the trash.

If you know your neighbours work for blackwater filmore graves going through the trash looking for something incriminating might make sense to a conspiracy nut, but focusing in on food waste is still an odd thing to do unprompted.

here's a better question where are the brains coming from

(I got up and used the bathroom during that part apparently so they may have covered it)

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Chokes McGee posted:

here's a better question where are the brains coming from

(I got up and used the bathroom during that part apparently so they may have covered it)
She made some offhand comment about a network of funeral homes, so they basically have a bunch of Blaines working for them.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I wonder why it even needs to be human brain? These are supposed to be science zombies not magic zombies. Are there any 'nutrients' in human brains that aren't also found in pig brains? The zombie rat seemed interested in eating Ravi, not just other rats.

What if the only reason they are all eating human brains is because zombie movies have taught them zombies eat people? lawl

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Facebook Aunt posted:

I wonder why it even needs to be human brain? These are supposed to be science zombies not magic zombies. Are there any 'nutrients' in human brains that aren't also found in pig brains? The zombie rat seemed interested in eating Ravi, not just other rats.

What if the only reason they are all eating human brains is because zombie movies have taught them zombies eat people? lawl

I like the Warm Bodies explanation, the brains they eat reactivate their own dormant brain and allows them to be more human.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Rhyno posted:

I like the Warm Bodies explanation, the brains they eat reactivate their own dormant brain and allows them to be more human.

Warm Bodies were clearly magic zombies, not science zombies.

:colbert:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Rhyno posted:

We need them to feed a zombie monkey human brains

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

M_Gargantua posted:

We need them to feed a zombie monkey human brains

Ravi no, that won't help with anything, why

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Just watched the episode again with my little brother. Somehow the first time, I missed Liv giving Ravi that dad-speech about talking to Peyton, but man that "Ravi is a pretty cool guy :)" line made us both crack up

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
During the long hiatus I had forgotten how much this show shows off Liv's actress' chops at playing different character roles. I'm glad to be reminded :3:

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

During the long hiatus I had forgotten how much this show shows off Liv's actress' chops at playing different character roles. I'm glad to be reminded :3:

Plus you could tell Major was having a lot of fun playing a teenage girl.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

hangedman1984 posted:

Plus you could tell Major was having a lot of fun playing a teenage girl.

I died at his gasp when the girl said she unfriended the other girl on Facebook.

Also, I'll never get sick of Clive and Ravi's background expressions when Liv and Major have weird brain quirk moments.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I think my only issue with this season thus far was Major being there during the interview. Cleared of his crimes or not, he's been at the centre of two big massacres and was in the joint for a hot minute. The rest of Seattle PD being chill with Clive taking him in doesn't jive with me.

It weirdly took me out in a way the show never has before, like it felt contrived in a way this show usually isn't. Scene was still funny and it didn't ruin a great episode, but it was weird.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I'm a little desensitized to it after 3 years of the Seattle PD being OK with a murder police interrogating suspects with an assistant ME, but yeah that was dumb as hell. Especially when Major being generally ostracized and distrusted by everyone was a fairly major plot beat one episode ago.

That said, Major as a teenage girl and Liv as his dad was the greatest thing ever

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

I cannot believe there was ever a time I did not love this man

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This might be the greatest ensemble cast in the history of television.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Rhyno posted:

This might be the greatest ensemble cast in the history of television.

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So a while back there was some word that Rahul was in the hat for the next Doctor on Doctor Who and I'm just thinking how wonderful that would be with Major and Liv as his companions and Clive as the new Master.

• Locked thread