Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

d0grent posted:

Nice Logan Echols cameo this episode

The victim was also a VM alum, right? He was Wallace's friend/rival(?) on the Hearst basketball team, if memory serves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Allyn posted:

The victim was also a VM alum, right? He was Wallace's friend/rival(?) on the Hearst basketball team, if memory serves

Haha yeah, him too. I just always choose to remember him from that weird nickelodeon show "cousin skeeter", where Bill Bellamy plays a puppet that is supposed to actually be a real person.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He looked like a weird buff Rami Malek clone.

Also lots of laughs at the end of the episode about the show with the dumb name and Liv saying there was a zombie wherever she went.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
My bigger worry with that well is what could happen if someone drank from it. Like, that seems like a really fast way to spread the virus, depending on who uses that well.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Open Source Idiom posted:

My bigger worry with that well is what could happen if someone drank from it. Like, that seems like a really fast way to spread the virus, depending on who uses that well.

It's on their family estate, I got the impression nobody resides there.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

esperterra posted:

It's on their family estate, I got the impression nobody resides there.

Yeah...for now!!

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
It is shockingly obvious the helicopter thing was a false flag. Like, more obvious than anything I've seen on TV In a while (and I watched part of this season of The Flash)

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It was way too obvious. "We're going to Zombie Island." *Helicopter gets blown up seconds after take off in the middle of Seattle*

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Did I miss something? How exactly did Blaine survive being gutshot and apparently turn into a zombie again?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Slashrat posted:

Did I miss something? How exactly did Blaine survive being gutshot and apparently turn into a zombie again?

He threatened to shoot that zombie henchman in the head if he didn't turn him back into a zombie.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

bamhand posted:

He threatened to shoot that zombie henchman in the head if he didn't turn him back into a zombie.

I was a little disappointed in that. Blaine is a smart guy, he should have had an emergency zombie scratching finger in the freezer. Heck, he's evil so he could have a quadriplegic zombie or a zombie with both legs and one arm removed on ice somewhere for use in emergencies if he wasn't sure just a finger would work.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I was wondering what was taking so long for Logan to show up on this show. He is a hilariously unconvincing "badass" character, though.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Ravi has the best cover for this meeting, don't know why he's sweating bullets. He got kicked out of the CDC for saying that zombies were real. "Do you have any proof?" "Well.... no." There, done.

Blaine's villain turn is fantastic, the puns and references and one liners in this episode are fantastic.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Ravi has the best cover for this meeting, don't know why he's sweating bullets. He got kicked out of the CDC for saying that zombies were real. "Do you have any proof?" "Well.... no." There, done.

That's true, but he probably doesn't want to reveal his affiliation with the justice system at all, because he believe someone in the room is a murderer.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

For the purposes of my keeping up with whatever's going on in this show, these are the things that I can remember that we're waiting to learn more about: Thumb drive guy, the future of Blaine's/his dad's business (brains??), exploding helicopter mystery, Blaine making that blue brain juice, the stolen vials of the cure, this mayor race thing... plus of course the zombie conspiracy dudes. Is that about it

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Fast Luck posted:

For the purposes of my keeping up with whatever's going on in this show, these are the things that I can remember that we're waiting to learn more about : Thumb drive guy, the future of Blaine's/his dad's business (brains??), exploding helicopter mystery, Blaine making that blue brain juice, the stolen vials of the cure, this mayor race thing... plus of course the zombie conspiracy dudes. Is that about it

There's also the woman (posh zombie hooker) that Major gave the cure to, where ever she's gone.

I like the disguise Liv had for the zombie meeting, just Rose McIver's normal look.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
And if Katty Kupps (the CDC lady) will discover what Ravi knows about the zombies. We've not seen her since the third episode this season, but she said then that she was sticking around, right? She seems to be the person who's most likely to start DD.

(She's my dark horse on the who stole the cure mystery.)

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
As expected, Blaine wanted to use brain juice to make money. I did not expect it to turn Don E into a Romero.

Any guesses on what the payoff will be for the guy who killed himself in custody?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Oh my gods I laughed myself stupid at this episode. I had to pause VLC at Liv's dumb hat and compose myself before I could go on.

Gobbeldygook posted:

As expected, Blaine wanted to use brain juice to make money. I did not expect it to turn Don E into a Romero.

Nah, I'm sure once he comes down from the adrenaline high he'll be back to normal. Gonna make things awkward for Ravi's cover, though.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I wonder if all the cases with loose threads are going to tie together--the dominatrix, the D&D hacker, and the kid of the lady Clive was dating.

And speaking of Clive, I love how he's a secret nerd; I need more of him playing D&D, watching GoT, and being into comics. Next he should get into board games, anime, cosplay, and fanfic.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"Where is the lich?" Of course Clive would get really into it.

Gobbeldygook posted:

I did not expect it to turn Don E into a Romero.

"Is he gonna be ok?"
"Don't care"

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Does anyone in this day and age still not know a) what Dungeons & Dragons is and b) that grown up nerds play it? Clive's not that out of touch.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It's not the 80s anymore. Anyone who doesn't at least know of Dungeons and Dragons' existence would have to live under a rock.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
The whole "huh what's d&d? neeeeeerds" thing was a bit much, but I'm willing to forgive it because the guys getting really into the game was funny.

Also I take it it's obvious to everyone that the mayor candidate guy being shot was a false flag to get him elected? Seems a bit risky though since there were plenty of people, including reporters, around and he almost went Romero.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Did Liv and Major actually break up? When they were both zombies they were in a relationship and in love, but as soon as Major was turned back into a human it's like they just decided to see other people. Perhaps i missed something?

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
I honestly can't keep track after 2 seasons of them breaking up and getting back together. I'm just glad the show isn't doing that anymore.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Oasx posted:

Did Liv and Major actually break up? When they were both zombies they were in a relationship and in love, but as soon as Major was turned back into a human it's like they just decided to see other people. Perhaps i missed something?

Liv's zombie gene would re-zombify Major during sex. That was a thing in Season 1.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Phylodox posted:

Does anyone in this day and age still not know a) what Dungeons & Dragons is and b) that grown up nerds play it? Clive's not that out of touch.

I just assumed that was him overcompensating for actually already being into it. Same for Ravi, who seemed like he's played before, despite what he said.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Cojawfee posted:

It's not the 80s anymore. Anyone who doesn't at least know of Dungeons and Dragons' existence would have to live under a rock.

Just because you know what it is, doesn't mean you know that much about it, or that grown adults play it regularly.
You have to remember there are still lots of people that don't really use the internet, or at least not for much beyond email and facebook.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

raditts posted:

Just because you know what it is, doesn't mean you know that much about it, or that grown adults play it regularly.
You have to remember there are still lots of people that don't really use the internet, or at least not for much beyond email and facebook.

Dungeons and Dragons has been used as the "wow, look at these nerds" game in pop movies for a couple decades.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Yeah, I thought it was weird that the two things you could reliably count on everyone to know (that Dungeons & Dragons is a tabletop game involving dice, and that grown up nerds play it) were what they felt compelled to explain. Also, Ravi's hyperbolic distaste for D&D left me with the impression that we missed out on a cut scene where we either learned about his past tabletop gaming addiction, or torment at the hand of gaming nerds.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

raditts posted:

It mainly seemed weird to me with Clive, since in S2 they made a thing of him being a GoT fan to the point of complaining about grrm not writing and having dressed up as a character at least once. No way is someone that into a fantasy book series completely unaware of D&D and the concept of roleplaying in general. Ravi is also a big nerd, but as Phylo points out it may have been a lady doth protest too much-thing with him.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm sure this stuff will eventually come together but it is kind of unsatisfying to have another case without a clear resolution.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That comic book store set was horrible. That issue of the Flash was 25 years old! Why would it be on the new release rack!?!@?!?!

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
That was some good poo poo, I don't remember the last time a case and the attendant brain was more interesting than everything else going on around it. Ideally every romantic jealousy murder in this show would take some crazy left turn like "suddenly, a secret room with a supercomputer rigged to exploded".

Ravi complaining about nerds is fantastic, as was Clive being the one who got super into it. It seems like he doesn't seek this stuff out, but once exposed to it he gets sucked in immediately.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Further proof that Clive is the best character on this show.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Rhyno posted:

Further proof that Clive is the best character on this show.

I mean, as long as we're not counting Major "Sirjay Esclaborne" Lilywhite.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phylodox posted:

I mean, as long as we're not counting Major "Sirjay Esclaborne" Lilywhite.

Major is also the best character on this show.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Rhyno posted:

That comic book store set was horrible. That issue of the Flash was 25 years old! Why would it be on the new release rack!?!@?!?!

Hahahahaha I want you to know that I actually thought of you during that scene "I wonder if Rhyno ever role plays halflings with his customers..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Medullah posted:

Hahahahaha I want you to know that I actually thought of you during that scene "I wonder if Rhyno ever role plays halflings with his customers..."

I met my fiance at the store so...........

• Locked thread