Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Going to spring some zombies from some heavily armed red necks , better leave my mercenary boyfriend at home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Going to spring some zombies from some heavily armed red necks , better leave my mercenary boyfriend at home.

Well, at this point he's the notably non-bulletproof mercenary boyfriend.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Perestroika posted:

Well, at this point he's the notably non-bulletproof mercenary boyfriend.

Not Major, Justin

Major is pretty explicitly not her boyfriend...

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Liv going in disguise as just Rose McIver was brilliant and I'm still waiting for them to let her do her natural accent.

As an actual D&D nerd I thought the D&D episode was fantastic. The DM, past the thespian aspirations, seems like a typical rear end in a top hat DM and Liv's whole "you all meet in some jerk's study" bit is every factual stereotype about awkward first sessions. Plus I've actually known the guy with the fifteen dollar vocabulary and weird vampire fixation. Interesting that the case is still up in the air, too; I assume it'll come back to intersect with the S&M one?

I caught up on three episodes this week and a piece of me wishes I'd saved the last one for next week instead.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

So I did a quick search because I didn't know what her natural accent was. I had no idea she was from New Zealand.

Found the clip of her on Jimmy Kimmel and holy poo poo, I didn't recognize her voice at all.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
well she had just eaten kiwi brain so

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
If you watched The Flash first, you'd hear her speak in her natural adorable Kiwi accent: "Hi, this is Rose McIver, and iZombie is coming up next."

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I watch The Flash, but I don't have cable so it's generally through other sources.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Don E's brain flashback with the beer taps had me in stitches, i was still laughing about it the day after.

This season has been awesome.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Caphi posted:

Liv going in disguise as just Rose McIver was brilliant and I'm still waiting for them to let her do her natural accent.

As an actual D&D nerd I thought the D&D episode was fantastic. The DM, past the thespian aspirations, seems like a typical rear end in a top hat DM and Liv's whole "you all meet in some jerk's study" bit is every factual stereotype about awkward first sessions. Plus I've actually known the guy with the fifteen dollar vocabulary and weird vampire fixation. Interesting that the case is still up in the air, too; I assume it'll come back to intersect with the S&M one?

I caught up on three episodes this week and a piece of me wishes I'd saved the last one for next week instead.
Yeah, most of it felt spot-on, aside from players apparently not getting to make their own saving throws? But as you said, rear end in a top hat DM.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And seriously, where are the gifs of Liz getting spanked by Peyton in an leather catsuit? :mad:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

TMMadman posted:

And seriously, where are the gifs of Liz getting spanked by Peyton in an leather catsuit? :mad:

You're too horny. Log off.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Cojawfee posted:

You're too horny. Log off.

You call it logging off? :v:

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Floppychop posted:

I watch The Flash, but I don't have cable so it's generally through other sources.
fyi you can watch iZombie via the CW app like an hour or two after the west coast airing. I don't know when they post the eps on the website because it requires flash in the year of our lord 2017 but probably no later than the next day.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

TMMadman posted:

I need the GIF with the "YOU UNDEAD ZOMBIE SLUT :byodame:" or whatever, not because of the obvious reason, but because of Liv's "what the hell" look afterwards.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Chokes McGee posted:

I need the GIF with the "YOU UNDEAD ZOMBIE SLUT :byodame:" or whatever, not because of the obvious reason, but because of Liv's "what the hell" look afterwards.

Is this the part you meant?

Peyton's opinion on the other Liv/Peyton gif requests:

This was a totally underrated line btw:

And some Major for the ladies:

Zombie Mode

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Hahaha I didn't notice the pottery wheel line, awesome.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

ayup that'd be it

Just the "oh god what have I done" look cracks me the gently caress up

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

It's good to have a sense of scale.

Holy poo poo I missed the pottery wheel line! I'm just catching up on this week's ep... dang Peyton. I also really enjoyed Ravi not knowing anyone's phone number, followed by his couch-dive. That was wonderful.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The couch dive was completely and amazing.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Caedus posted:

Holy poo poo I missed the pottery wheel line! I'm just catching up on this week's ep... dang Peyton. I also really enjoyed Ravi not knowing anyone's phone number, followed by his couch-dive. That was wonderful.

The phone number bit was perfect because every single time I see a show where someone gets another person's phone and calls, I get angry for exactly that reason - NO ONE KNOWS NUMBERS ANYMORE!

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

Also! Learning that skookum is a real word that actually does mean "good, solid" and not something AvE made up. Mind soaked in blue juice and blended w/ ice, lime and tequila.

e- ^^^ I had to stop and get my roommate to watch that scene with me. That's the first time I'D EVER seen that fact acknowledged in any way on television.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Caedus posted:

Also! Learning that skookum is a real word that actually does mean "good, solid" and not something AvE made up. Mind soaked in blue juice and blended w/ ice, lime and tequila.

Keep your lich in a vise.

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

gently caress I love you guys

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

More Gifs!

I don't like why this exists, but it's great

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

You're doing the Lord's work, FoxTerrier.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Guessing Rachel is going to write a hell of a story. Ravi :ohdear:

Blaine, Don E and Liv eating that guy's brain was a good scene. Then all 3 of them tripping on conspiracy brain was even better. "Did we just have a three-way?"

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Pretty good episode all around and it's nice to see poo poo coming together. I kinda wonder if Major's reaction to his lady friend was mostly influenced by Liv's paranoid brain or if he legit had a reason to worry (like were the killer ab shirts something she made out of revenge? or did they say where those started to pop up?). Also I'm surprised that Liv's paranoid brain put all the blame on Barachus and not the slightly evil, dickish leader of the zombie paramilitary force.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

I had to look three times before I caught it.

This goddamn show. :allears:

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
https://mobile.twitter.com/dearbobden/status/874850802208301057

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

discworld is all I read posted:

Pretty good episode all around and it's nice to see poo poo coming together. I kinda wonder if Major's reaction to his lady friend was mostly influenced by Liv's paranoid brain or if he legit had a reason to worry (like were the killer ab shirts something she made out of revenge? or did they say where those started to pop up?).

The shirts only showed up after the breakup. Revenge seems like the obvious answer, but I don't really buy her "just want people to see the real you" story. My guess at this point would be crazy person, if only because there's already so much conspiracy stuff going on that tying her to it would be a bit much.

Loving this season so far. I had my doubts initially because the whole giant zombie paramilitary thing seemed ridiculous but it seems to be working out well.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

bloom posted:

The shirts only showed up after the breakup. Revenge seems like the obvious answer, but I don't really buy her "just want people to see the real you" story. My guess at this point would be crazy person, if only because there's already so much conspiracy stuff going on that tying her to it would be a bit much.

Let's not forget she posted intimate photos of him without his knowledge or permission and then sold t-shirts of one of said moments after they broke up. This is not a thing sane, stable people do.

I'm actually more disturbed about what happened with Ravi. He had to have told her about the cure, people he's met, and the prejudices they face , and she still ran with the zombies are monsters sensationalist angle and I can't believe I just typed that as a slight against her. This show.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Chokes McGee posted:

Let's not forget she posted intimate photos of him without his knowledge or permission and then sold t-shirts of one of said moments after they broke up. This is not a thing sane, stable people do.

I was pretty confused throughout the episode because I distinctly remembered her mentioning that she was posting at least one thing to her tumblr in the last episode, so I was wondering why Major was so upset about it now. On rewatching that scene though, I guess he thought she was joking about it.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Next week looks hilarious.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Chokes McGee posted:

I'm actually more disturbed about what happened with Ravi. He had to have told her about the cure, people he's met, and the prejudices they face , and she still ran with the zombies are monsters sensationalist angle and I can't believe I just typed that as a slight against her. This show.

Even if she didn't write it in a way that makes Zombies out to be monsters, the editor would change it or make her change it. People aren't interested in learning that Zombies are real but they are mostly nice. People want to hear that Zombies are real, and they are horrible monsters and are scary.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Anyone could be selling the shirts. She posted the pictures publicly, any local opportunist could have used them.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Ravi walking in on Liv, Blaine, and Don E eating fresh-from-the-skull brains and nearly throwing up while the three of them were like "What. He's already dead." was delightful.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Facebook Aunt posted:

Anyone could be selling the shirts. She posted the pictures publicly, any local opportunist could have used them.
Then is the show trying to paint the shirts as an inevitability of the pictures being up on tumblr? Cause then that seems like a better catalyst for them to break up later when the shirts start circulating, at least it's a better reason than the pictures just being online at all. I got more of an impression it was something she was doing out of spite, though you're right there no was clear indication of where they were coming from.

Chokes McGee posted:

Ravi walking in on Liv, Blaine, and Don E eating fresh-from-the-skull brains and nearly throwing up while the three of them were like "What. He's already dead." was delightful.
Yeah, I'm trying to recall how often Ravi has actually seen Liv eat fresh brain cause I like the idea that he's become a bit desensitized to where Liv's food supply comes from and that sometimes the reality of that situation might come back to haunt him.

VVVVV
I think it was Fillmore Graves; they seem pretty dead set on staying zombies and I doubt they want to give their ever increasing numbers a way out. I mean outside of the people who are super strong soldiers, do you think the rest of them want to actually be the living dead? Probably not and given the opportunity for a cure, they'd jump at it I'm sure.

discworld is all I read fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jun 15, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I just want to know who stole the cure syringes :ssj:

It would give Major something to do besides being poo poo on by life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Blaine and Don E's reaction to Liv joining them for brains was perfect.

You could even say Liv...

:coal:

...cracked open a cold one with the boys.

• Locked thread