Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Binge watched the entire show in probably three days and it's now a permanent part of the lineup. It's kind of been falling apart a little this season but at least the silly has been endearing. Plus, Liv's actress is on the same level as the guy who played Michael Weston in Burn Notice as far as "actor of a thousand faces" goes.

I want more badass zombie Liv though. She's not a monster! Stop discriminating against Zombie-Americans!

jscolon2.0 posted:

That synopsis. :fap:

"50 Shades of Grey Matter."

This is gonna be a weird one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rocksicles posted:

Kristen Bell erotic voice over....

:hawaaaafap:

If this ends up with Liv getting creeped out by her internal narrator and yelling at her to shut up while everyone else just :stare:s, I will be so happy.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

muscles like this? posted:

Apparently CW programming decided that viewers don't care about the State of the Union addresses as this is back tonight.

Actually Obama is guest starring on iZombie.

It's going to be a walk-in, he'll come up to Liv eating and be like THAT LOOKS GOOD, CAN I TRY SOME? and we'll all get a good laugh.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Angela Christine posted:

Yes, they did. Another hobo had been seen with a roll of cash. Then Liv passes a note and the detective tells him they have a witness that saw him at a bar across the street. Which may have been a lie, but if Liv/Santa saw him leave that bar there will probably be witnesses that can place him there. The implication was that the crime was solved and it was the hobo that did it. Simple robbery gone bad.

I thought it was pretty clever actually. They basically made a mini episode to show that time was still passing and stuff kept happening.

I think the flash was genuine, it was kind of neat to see it happen from an outsider's viewpoint.

Also holy poo poo that entire episode. I was losing it during the final interrogation, and it just got worse when she took out the glasses, put them on, and then took them off again. :xd:

e: "And by that I mean seeeeeeex."

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I was hoping that the doctor was on the level and Major would get him killed trying to outplay the CEO.

Putting a bug in his Fitbit was some pro-tier Batman poo poo IMO, I'm down with it.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rarity posted:

A zombie show where the main character is a zombie? That's dumb.

Why do they film in Portland if it's supposed to be set in Seattle? I've never understood that.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

devoir posted:

Vancouver. And they pretty much answered that in the episode.

:thejoke:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Liv :stare:

Liv :stare:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
The air conditioner scene was possibly the greatest two minutes in all of television. It surpassed even "time to punch out" from the State for zen-like perfection of comedy.

Just replace the whole of televised entertainment with Ravi mugging at this point, it's probably as close as we're going to never going downhill from here.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Pan Dulce posted:

She's going to play Megaera from Disney's Hercules on Once Upon a Time.

I'm guessing she doesn't have snakes for hair and hollow eyesockets weeping blood

Although if she does let me know, I mean just so I can notify a friend

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Sleeveless posted:

As somebody who has had many pet rats over the years the way they kept using regular white rats as "zombie" rats up until this ep has been adorably :effort:

Helix did something similar, they kept using normal hairless rats to play diseased rats and they were just adorable :3:

:vince: "Look at the striation on those abs!!"

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Open Source Idiom posted:

So, Liv's going to follow that phone app and track down Major's stash of iced zombies.

The undercover police are going to freak out because of the disappearance of their guy in Boss's operation.

Zombie Rita better become a super fast zombie; eats her dad.

Blaine's crew is going to rebell.

And Babinaux is going to connect Ravi to the brains cover-up... somehow.

I really hope they don't go full on zombie apocalypse with this show, because the tone it's set so far is the reason I love it, but I'm nnnnnnot really seeing any way the lid doesn't come right off this thing really soon.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Cactus posted:

Then I hope they can find a new and fresh spin on the "I was trying to protect you" "well you don't do that by lying to me" thing that every show like this seems to have. I have faith that they can.

"I was trying to protect you"
"Dammit I appreciate it but next time keep me in the loop"

I guess that doesn't make for good dramatic television though :negative:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Floppychop posted:

I'm really hoping they don't go turbo-drama over the completely understandable lying.

It ruined Arrow and I can't stand anymore of it.

Appropriately, in the very next episode where they replace her with Mr. Terrific the show gets 1,000,000 times better.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

I, Frankenstein was incredible, I have no idea why people didn't want to see Frankenstein's Monster superman-punch a Gargoyle working for God

Seriously do people just not go to the movies to have fun anymore orrrrr

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

TMMadman posted:

Yeah, also part of it for me was the way the brains look in those promos.

I mean I got over it because it's obviously done as a style choice, but every time I'd think about watching the show I'd see those brains and just move on. Then I was just super bored one night and was like "gently caress it, I'll give it a shot" and found myself amused by it.

Yeah, the ad campaign for that stuff is bad. It's like "hey everyone it's a sexy mean zombie" which is pretty much the furthest from the theme of the show they could get.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
RIP Rob Thomas, you died so that other zombies may... uh... okay not live but play guitar I guess

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Angela Christine posted:

That was good. I have high hopes that they will find a way to make the new situation work without totally changing the show. Honestly it's nice to see them shake things up like this, too many good shows get onto a treadmill with the same characters loving with each other in the same ways year after year. Maybe Ravi will go to work for Filmore Graves, since they have that great Max Rager lab full of records of a bunch of unethical zombie research he would never have done on his own.

I get the feeling Filmore couldn't give the least little poo poo about a cure and see having the Zombie as a positive thing.

Also I like to think Filmore Graves is what Filmore Coffers changed his name to at the end of Captain Sternn.

I am the only one who will get that and it's surprisingly clever. :negative:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Angela Christine posted:

I"m not a zombie racist, but

I think what you mean is

Angela Christine posted:

I'm a zombie racist, and

:colbert:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Oasx posted:

I just love the fact that Chief and Don E decided to start a band.

Also Don E using a banjo to explain emotional situations to Chief while he nods along sagely.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Combed Thunderclap posted:

I do love how Blaine's business plan was written to be both brilliant (get all the rich and powerful people addicted to a drug only you control, take over the city!) and unbelievably stupid (the rich and powerful will do aaaaaanything to destroy someone who has them under their thumbs, up to and including a suicide mission). It's exactly the kind of plan a low-level drug dealer would come up with: just give everyone drugs and then they'll have to buy from me! :smuggo:

Blaine's thing is pretty much playing both sides while keeping his head down. If they started planning a suicide mission, he'd just find someone else (i.e. the feds) to leak selected info to.

Lycus posted:

Ken Marino is a treasure and I hope he's an oft recurring character in Season 3.

As far as I'm concerned he can dip his balls in any show on television. Let's get him on Agents of SHIELD, Supergirl, even Legends of Tomorrow. He doesn't even have to do anything, just show up and be Ken Marino (which is pretty much his entire career actually).

Not Arrow, though. That'd just be mean.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Dead Snoopy posted:

When this show first came on, I couldn't believe they hired Aly Michalka to be the BRUNETTE, CONSERVATIVE best friend who was barely in the show.

This woman was born to be a hot blonde. If Kaley Cuoco. went on some sort of pay-strike over at The Big Bang Theory, they could replace her w/ Aly Michalka w/out there even being a protest once she bent over once or wore a halter top.

They were going to put a corset on her but couldn't find one tight enough

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Floppychop posted:

There doesn't seem to be a thread for season 3 yet, so figured I'd drop this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGyUIjxGw2s

Looks like they're not going with a full on zombie apocalypse, which I'm thankful for

I'm really glad for that. This show is at its best thumbing its nose at dumb zombie movie tropes while still keeping the overall aesthetic and feel. I'm here for the quirky zombies-next-door, the instant this slides into Walking Dead Except Jokes then I'm out.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Senerio posted:

Season 2 premiere. They had a scene where she tried to say hi to her brother who told her to leave forever.

Hopefully they stay gone because that's a lovely thing to do to your family for any reason

Like I understand being really upset and demanding answers and being disappointed and hurt but "never talk to me again even though you're my sister" is pretty hosed up

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Senerio posted:

In his defense, he desperately needed a blood transfusion, and she refused it (for reasons that, while obvious to us, have never been told to her family)

Yeah but "Get the gently caress out of my life and never come back" still seems way too heavy.

W/e the show's way better without them.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
My favorite part was the family being trap doored out of the opening sequence and replaced by Peyton going :what:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Phssthpok posted:

Major is actually the Chaos Killer.

hosed up if true

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
This show is just delightful and I've missed it so much. :allears:

Graves has a legit reason to want to protect themselves but they're also hella escalating. Keeping paramilitary around and in constant training doesn't exactly scream "we will only use force if necessary."

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Facebook Aunt posted:

The brain paste is weird. How did the conspiracy nut neighbour know the residue in the tubes was brain? Much less human brain. It should just be unknown pate, right? The zombies still eat regular food too, so it isn't like mysterious no name goo tubes were the only food in the trash.

If you know your neighbours work for blackwater filmore graves going through the trash looking for something incriminating might make sense to a conspiracy nut, but focusing in on food waste is still an odd thing to do unprompted.

here's a better question where are the brains coming from

(I got up and used the bathroom during that part apparently so they may have covered it)

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

M_Gargantua posted:

We need them to feed a zombie monkey human brains

Ravi no, that won't help with anything, why

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
During the long hiatus I had forgotten how much this show shows off Liv's actress' chops at playing different character roles. I'm glad to be reminded :3:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Pan Dulce posted:

...but they also gave me more dancing Liv.

I will never get tired of dancing Liv and her little socks dance when her boyfriend ate gay brains is possibly the cutest she's ever been in this show.

Also, did anyone notice McIver changed her stance and projection to reflect the yoga brain she had just eaten? It's a little thing, and I'm sure all actors do it, but she looked completely different just walking around and interacting with people without actually changing her appearance.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Tumblr of scotch posted:

Have they ever established just how wide-spread the whole zombie thing is? Is Team Z going about their thing in Montana, too? Missouri? Maine? Morocco? Mongolia?

The Moon?

we put zombies on the moon, not because it was easy, but because it was awesome

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Ravi got infected by nanobots and turned evil over on Supergirl. I don't like the latest CW crossover. :(

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Okay so.

Has anyone given thought to the fact that known sociopath and manipulative liar Blaine DeBeers is the one being asked if his old memories of being a sociopath and manipulative liar have come back yet?

Anyone?

No?

Okay then, carry on

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

try the new taco place posted:

Today, in 2017, there has still never been an amnesia plot line that wasn't worthless dog poo poo that brought down the rest of the show.

Piping hot takes, served fresh from the tviv kitchen!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

jscolon2.0 posted:

Liv is pretty dead, we try not to sexualize her.

cold girl, warm night, &c.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
The pan down from the skyscraper to the name Hightower actually made me slap my forehead IRL.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Medullah posted:

"I'm outtttttta here.....please?"

I wanna dip my BRAINS in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Poor Blaine. He was legit committed to finally being a better person and well on his way down the road, then this. :smith:

• Locked thread