Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Soothing Vapors posted:

Watching Rose McIver crush it every single week no matter who she's playing makes me sad about how good Dollhouse could have been if Eliza Dushku could act, even a little

This. Dichen Lachman or Amy Acker should have been Echo. Shame he wanted to make a show with Dushku as the lead bad enough to do it on FOX per her remaining contract, or whatever the reason for going back to FOX was.

Not that the show was bad or anything, it was great when it picked up steam, but she always held it back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Senerio posted:

The deal was between Fox and Dushku, not Joss and Fox.

I know, which is why I alluded to her being the star meaning it had to be on FOX, as per her like two show deal of which Tru Calling was one.

E: looking at my last post it literally has the words 'her remaining contract [with FOX]'

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Fast Luck posted:

I thoguht Liv's speech about how she and Major were over for good forever meant that they WOULDN'T be making out at the end of the episode. Shows what I know. When he came into her apartment and said he needed help I thought she would hold him as he cried about how he was a murdering drug addict or whatever

Also yeah it looks like the heat is definitely going to come down on major since they seem to have introduced a new character to investigate his zombie purging.

Major and Liv reuniting as a couple once more is a storyline I really wish wouldn't happen, but I'm sure will be on and off at least a few times. Especially with the knowledge now that it's only been a year since she was turned. Lot of pent up emotions there on both ends.

I imagine Rita/Gilda will be some kind of catalyst for it not working out this time, that and I can certainly imagine Liv would take issue with his current job (even if he is doing it to keep her from being killed right away).

At the very least Major went from a character I cared nothing for to one of the most interesting arcs in the show.

Loving the blonde 'totally not a grown up version of Veronica' FBI agent Clive will most certainly bone.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Major definitely killed zombies before he nabbed the boy and his dog, I don't know why there's any questioning of that going on. The kid was the first one to wake up and beg for his life and after that he started giving false zombie confirmations while tossing a few bodies in the freezer to seem less suspicious.

And I guess it must just be me, but as much as I enjoyed happy, adorable Major it felt really out of place to me. Like it needed another episode after the one where he went to Liv's all high as gently caress and kissed her. Or at the very least some kind of allusion to a bit more time passing. Just didn't feel entirely earned to me, tensions were so high between them and Liv had just gotten that beautiful moment with countrybrain teaching her maybe she can and needs to let go. Felt a bit sloppy to me with Major's full turn to happy/cute and drug free being so immediate when it should be more complicated than that. Like, I can one hundred percent buy them just clinging to some happiness and deluding themselves in a way, but it's like he got his personality transplanted back to before poo poo started getting dark for him.

It's probably going to crash and burn ASAP with Gilda obviously displeased about Major and Liv being back together, so it's probably going to be a useless nitpick soon here anyway. Should be interesting to see how Liv and Ravi take the news about what Major's job has been (even if he's stopped the killing part for now) and keeping from them the whole 'your name is on this zombie kill list' thing.

Other than Major feeling way off to me, still loved these past two episodes. I thoroughly enjoy Blaine's dad and can't wait to see what the gently caress goes down whenever he gets defrosted. Still loving Totally Not Grown Up Veronica and hope she gets more screentime now Clive has that brain.

esperterra fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Nov 14, 2015

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Lycus posted:

3 were Blaine's customers but they're investigating 5 disappearances. 5 minus 1 astronaut, minus 3 guys in the freezer, so Major did kill that first guy.

Yeah, he's killed at least one zombie, but I think it was implied he'd taken a few lives by the time he started doing Utopium. His job being one of the main reasons he took any in the first place.

e: I am of course not including the ones he killed the poo poo out of last season.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

ShakeZula posted:

I'm a Leonard Cohen fan, but the first place I ever heard this song was at the end of a Veronica Mars episode. So it's clearly a Rob Thomas favorite.

And Cohen did sing the theme song from S2 of True Detective, which could explain the familiar sound.

Plus Cohen's music is just used in everything and covered by everybody, anyway.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Etalommi posted:

It's pretty stupid in general. He could easily have kept the dog after losing the tracker. On the off chance that the cops did find Minor, and recognize it as the dog they were looking for, he's been saying he found it wandering around lost already. Taking home a lost puppy is completely in Major's character, and his apparent lack of connection to the victims means that they would no reason to suspect him.

The only reason they might have? He suspiciously gets rid of Minor right after he heard they were closing in on finding him.

Double posting because gently caress double quoting in the phone app.

Major obviously was under the impression the chip was inside the dog. Agent Totally Not Veronica even comments on the tracker being in the collar like it's a weird thing. He ditched the collar when he originally found Minor iirc, so if he had known it was in there all along bro never would have panicked in the first place.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

muscles like this? posted:

Is it me or are they showing the wrong preview sometimes? They're showing one where Clive knows that Liv is a zombie and they talk about "FBI Agent brains" which kind of implies that Dale is dead. Which seems extreme to just be revealing and almost like it's for a later episode.

I don't care personally, but others may want you to spoil that. Plenty of people watch shows while avoiding previews on purpose.

e: you got there before my post went through. disregard!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Pan Dulce posted:

She's going to play Megaera from Disney's Hercules on Once Upon a Time.

Oh god I am now more hype than I already was for the return of Lesbian Kingdom Hearts.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Chokes McGee posted:

The air conditioner scene was possibly the greatest two minutes in all of television. It surpassed even "time to punch out" from the State for zen-like perfection of comedy.

Just replace the whole of televised entertainment with Ravi mugging at this point, it's probably as close as we're going to never going downhill from here.

The beginning of this episode felt like some Bryan Fuller poo poo to me in the best way possible. Like part of an episode of Pushing Daisies. Which, really, made Kacey Rohl being in it even better.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

SlipkPIe posted:

Rats are just the cutest

Truth. I've always wanted a pet Ratigan but I've always had cats growing up. The cat I have now is terrified of mice tho so maybe a rat would be in no danger.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

ShakeZula posted:

I would guess the opposite, that it was introduced to make him more sympathetic so that when he gets killed off it will be more affecting.

I feel like it could go either way, and also that it exists for dramatic irony if/when Liv drops him because she's under the impression he's a hardened criminal.

Probably going to die though.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

raditts posted:

Wait, really? I thought they all knew it was a collar thing and they just edited it to look like they were getting to the groomer at the same time when in reality Major had beaten them by a few minutes and gotten away.

Nah, if Major thought it was a collar chip he wouldn't have dumped the dog on a bus.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The final battle betwern Liv and Vaughn should be a sing off.

About the reefer.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Flagrant Abuse posted:

No kidding, if you'd told me a few years ago that a loving CW show could be this good I would've laughed in your face.

Me too. Unless you also told me the showrunner was Rob Thomas, then I would start freaking out in excitement until it premiered.

Basically what actually happened when I learned about the show being made.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

McIver, Webber and Michalka can all sing for sure. No clue for the rest of the main cast.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I have no doubt Filmore Graves will end up being some sort of villain in the future, but I'm glad we're starting out with their intentions being good in many ways.

Lady does run a PMC tho, I'm sure something shady goes down eventually, whether it's her or someone above her.

Really great premiere.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I appreciate that Major became hard as gently caress due to past events, and has stayed as such consistently, no matter how much he tries to deny it or stop himself.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Party Down getting cancelled pissed me off almost as much as when VMars ended.

Hopefully Thomas breaks the streak with iZombie. Both he and Bryan Fuller make my favourite tv shows that never last long enough.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I think my only issue with this season thus far was Major being there during the interview. Cleared of his crimes or not, he's been at the centre of two big massacres and was in the joint for a hot minute. The rest of Seattle PD being chill with Clive taking him in doesn't jive with me.

It weirdly took me out in a way the show never has before, like it felt contrived in a way this show usually isn't. Scene was still funny and it didn't ruin a great episode, but it was weird.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Open Source Idiom posted:

My bigger worry with that well is what could happen if someone drank from it. Like, that seems like a really fast way to spread the virus, depending on who uses that well.

It's on their family estate, I got the impression nobody resides there.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

If it were anybody other than Rob Thomas, I would be worried about the remake. Or more worried, anyway. A big part of the charm of Misfits is just how filthy the characters and show are. If he channels more Party Down and less VMars/iZ it could work out well.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Not going to lie, I was lowkey hoping they would actually write Major off and have him go. His story just feels complete to me, and his story since regaining his memory as a human has been my least favourite part of the season. Let the man go be happy or w/e.

Of course I knew it was too good to be true. RIP zombie hooker.

Hopefully not RIP Jason Dohring, I want him to stick around forever and bang Liv more tbh.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I loving love this show.

Hooray for Dohring staying on! I miss that smarmy rear end in a top hat being on my TV.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I loving love Robert Knepper.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

ngl I always think of Marshall Applewhite, the founder of Heaven's Gate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Caphi posted:

I can't believe we've already forgotten Meat Cute.

It's like five posts above you.

• Locked thread