Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

iZombie is back for Season 2! Airing Tuesday on the CW at 9/8c.

Why should I watch more zombie poo poo? Also, it has a terrible name. Because despite the excess of zombie crap in every medium (and yes, the lovely name), iZombie still manages to be a fun take on an over-saturated genre. It doesn't take itself too seriously, and week after week manages to pump out a solid hour of entertainment. The actors are funny, the writing is good, and you even get the occasional major rear end kicking scene to the dulcet sounds of "Des Kommisar" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwSec4WYBH4 (big spoilers)

What more could you really ask for?

Important People/Undead

Liv Moore (Rose McIver)

Went to a really, really bad party and got turned into a zomb. Now works at the morgue for easy, secret access to brains. Unfortunately, when she eats said brains she 1) takes on aspects of the brain's personality, and 2) has visions related to its previous owner's demise. Both symptoms cause problems and weekly shenanigans ensue. She not a big fan of the whole brain eating thing, but if she stops she'll turn into a mindless undead beast. So...lesser of two evils?

And oh yeah, when she's super pissed she goes into 'full on zombie mode' with crazy red eyes and turns into a berserker. It's entertaining.

Ravi (Rahul Kohli)

Got fired from the CDC for his 'crazy belief zombies exist.' He now works in the morgue with Liv, and is one of the only people to know her secret. He's diligently working on a cure, which Liv probably just messed up at the end of last season. Good job, Liv.

Detective Babineaux (Malcolm Goodwin)

Liv eats the brains of murder victims at the morgue. She gets visions. She tells Babineaux about the visions under the guise of 'being a psychic.' Together they investigate. He pretty much buys Liv's psychic thing, but is probably going to start to smell something fishy soon.

Blaine (David Anders)

The dude that turned Liv into a zombie. And a shitload of other people. He runs a mini-zombie empire where he turns rich people, then charges them outrageous amounts of money for brains. Ravi's experimental cure turned him into a human at the end of last season, and it remains to be seen how he'll manage not to get murdered as soon as his clients figure out he's no longer undead. He is also a hilarious rear end in a top hat.

Major Lilywhite (Robert Buckley)

Yes, that's really his name.

Used to be Liv's fiance, but she dumped him without explination when she turned zomb. He spent most of last season freaking out trying to figure out what was happening to the at-risk kids he mentored Blaine was killing them to sell their brains to his clients. Turned into a badass at the end of the season, but also turned into a zomb. Liv used the last of Ravi's experimental cure on him. Whether or not there are side-effects remain to be seen.

And oh yeah, he's super pissed at Liv now for not telling him earlier she was a zombie and letting him think he was nuts for suspecting anything. Drama!

There's also some larger plots about an evil company being involved in the outbreak, and some family drama with Liv. But none of that is really vital knowledge to sitting down and enjoying the show.

Have Fun!

Link to season 1 thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3706991

FoxTerrier fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Oct 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

raditts posted:

So did the season premiere come on tonight or what? My DVR was supposed to record it I think, but then it just went "lol nope" and decided not to. Kinda expected more posts for a new episode...

Yup!

I enjoyed the opener. Not destined to be a favorite episode, but they did a really good job covering a bunch of ground without it feeling like an info dump. Got a couple loud guffaws from me too.

Basically it all the same notes as last season, in a good way. I think we're in for a run of similar quality. :dance:

Also Babineaux better adopt that dog, dammit!

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

Holy poo poo

How can Major possibly come back from this, that was horrifying

I'm choosing to believe there was some form of fake-out there until I'm proven wrong.

(please be a fake out I don't want Major to go insane from dealing with poo poo like that)

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

^^ I can only assume she's avoiding doing that so her mom doesn't demand to see bloodwork, etc, to help her figure out treatment. She's a doctor too, right?

atomicgeek posted:

Okay, the brother is taking this awfully personally. I mean, if I had the level of info that he does I'd be all "thanks for not giving me hep C, or AIDS, or w/e" but nope, we gotta have Drama.

I felt terrible for the perp of the week. He just loved his dog :smith:

In fairness, the kid did just get blown up so he's gunna be a bit touchy right now. And it seems like his mom is egging him on. But yeah, drama.

Ditto on feeling bad for the perp. :smith: I didn't really get why the victim took the dog, either. Was it just because he was an rear end in a top hat, or was the fact it was apparently decently cared for supposed to mean he stole it because he was lonely or something?

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Some good season 2 Ep. 1 gifs, courtesy of Tumblr!

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Pan Dulce posted:

drat, I was hoping for the t-shirt quote she said. That was my favorite part of the episode.

Ask and ye shall receive

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

KilGrey posted:

Oooh can you do the exchange between Liv and Blaine about Majors name and Liv's retort. That was my favorite joke of the episode.

Ok I've seriously looked everywhere, and I swear this is the one part of the episode that wasn't giffed. :argh:

Please accept this preview of tonight's episode in trade.

edit: If Johnny somehow comes back this season I will be the happiest goddamn camper. He was the BEST.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Sorry for the double post but oh poo poo! Major actually killed the dude then?!?

drat!!

Edit: holy crap does this show poo poo on Major :stare:

FoxTerrier fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Oct 14, 2015

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

It really is amazing how many ways this show finds to gently caress Major over. I really didn't like him at the start of Season 1, but this point I'm rooting for him harder than Liv.

Some favorite moments of last episode:

Ravi on Utopium :allears:

Princess Sparkles!

Annnd last but not least, Ravi trying to figure out drugs. Magical.

This is the best show.

FoxTerrier fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Oct 14, 2015

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Who wants more gifs?!

Guys! GUYS!!

Daddy Issues.TXT

I don't know why but this exchange made me laugh harder than anything else this episode:

D'aww.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Slashrat posted:

This thing bugged me a bit as well. Most of season 1, the changes would either be very subtle, or she'd at least be aware of and somewhat in control of the impulses to act outside of her normal personality. It might just have been that one of the acquired traits in common to both Racist!Liv and Bro!Liv was a complete lack of self-awareness, so I'm hoping it won't be the trend for the rest of the season.

IDK, I could be remembering wrong but I seem to remember the personalities being pretty big at the start of S1 and then gradually toning down as things went on the Big Mystery too precedence. I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens again.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

raditts posted:

No posts for tonight's episode yet? Huh.

So did I mishear or is the redhead the bad guy's daughter? (I just realized I don't know either of their names.)

That's what I took away from it

And holy crap Major just keeps digging his pit deeper :(

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

raditts posted:

Subtle Veronica Mars reference.

I hope I'm not the only one that was wondering if despite the cure he could still turn people through loving.

Zombie dick WOULD be a hell of a twist I admit

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Yeah Peyton back is cool.

And also I totally forget the name of the Max Ranger CEO, but he was absolutely hysterical this episode. I don't know what's up with this show having such gloriously funny evil dudes, but they're nailing it.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Yea, Major really jacked himself this episode.

I agree he clearly only slept with Gilda because he was high as gently caress, and that's going to bite him in the rear end because 1) inevitably Liv is going to find out and mess their relationship even more, and 2) getting deeper into anything the Max Ranger crew is just a horrible idea for too many reasons to list.

Killing the dude with the dog was the worst too. Like, poor Major. Can't he get a scum bag zombie to take out? No. He gets the family man with the loving kids, and the dude that just wants to walk his adorable dog.

And while I'm really glad he took said dog instead of letting it roam the streets (:ohdear:), you know that poo poo's going to bite him in the rear end when missing person's announce this dude went missing with the exact kind of dog Major mysteriously picked up the same night.

Yea Major's boned.

Here's hoping he survives and manages to go on another killing spree before he ends up...I don't know...killing zombie kids or whatever else making GBS threads thing the show can come up with. :(

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

And yeah, sorry for the double post, but on a lighter note...

Have some Ravi gifs!

^ I love Liv's face in the second one

^ It is known.

^ Squee!!

And lastly,

Swish! (Babineaux does not get paid enough for this.)

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Let's hope zombisim can't be trasferred via the water supply!

But yeah...I like the personalities. And honestly, the great thing about it is if they need some episodes where that's pulled back and the focus is elsewhere, she can just eat the brains of pretty normal people for awhile. :shrug:

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

They named the dog Minor :3:

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Gifs!

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Ahahahaha!! Morgue fight is best fight!!

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

Mr. Boss is suitably creepy and Blaine's plan to feed his grandpa to his dad is dark as gently caress

Was that really the endgame? Because it didn't seem like Blaine's dad would have given a gently caress about eating his own father, or that Blaine killed him. Dude's ice cold as gently caress.

I was wondering if he needed his grandfathers memories for something instead...but idk...maybe I'm dumb and overthinking it.

Also gently caress yea Major you are the BEST. Let's uh just hope there's not a power outage and he set up a back-up generator.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Ooo both good ideas. I kinda got the impression the grandfather had a stroke rather than Alzheimer's, but eating the brain of a man that had either could well be enough to incapacitate Blaines pop until he could put him out of commission.

And killing his own grandfather ensures the body/brain come to the funeral home too.

Clever Blaine.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Angela Christine posted:

Imagine this guy's life. Lawschool. Getting into a good criminal law firm. Years of practice so you are a top criminal lawyer in your city. And then you spend your days sitting in a barber shop. Not even a comfy chair. Suit and tie. Just sitting there all day every day, just in case the law comes to hassle your client.

Yeah but I bet he gets paid pretty drat well and takes some killer vacations to Tahiti.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

It's been awhile since I posted gifs. Have some gifs!

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Fast Luck posted:

Although if he's really just freezing them then I think that's a mostly unambiguous net good he's doing for the world so maybe he didn't need to guilt spiral so hard. I guess it's still sort of rude abducting a person from their life and putting them into a frozen state even if they're a zombie though. Esp now that they're potentially all eating funeral parlor brains instead of murder brains

In fairness that's not the only reason he's spiraling. He's out of his job (which was apparently basically his purpose in life, he was drat committed to those kids), his relationship with the woman he loves is hella complicated and weird x100, the law is on his tail, Evil CEO is on his rear end, and he has people begging him for their lives in his trunk.

Like, that's pretty good reason to spiral to me.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Ravi was amazing this episode. 100 points to Ravi. And someone please put the actor in more things, TIA.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

Oh Babineaux... I feel your pain

Babineaux as secret die-hard GoT fan is just so inexplicably hilarious. I wish we had a better photo of him dressed up as Drogo.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

ookiimarukochan posted:

Not quite what you wanted, but enjoy

Awesome!

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

raditts posted:

That's what I figured too, guess he was really diversifying his scumbag enterprises. For some reason I find that more disgusting than the whole "murdering destitute children" part.

Yeah, for real. I think it's probably because murdering orphans for brains is so cartoonishly evil it's easier to overlook. This, not so much.

I wonder what the writers are going for here, because honestly this is going to make it realllly hard to keeping loving Blain as a comical bastard, and not just want him to die.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

raditts posted:

Wait, so what was the point of that dead Santa thing at the beginning? Did they ever follow up on that?

If they did I missed it. Weird dead end in an otherwise really fun episode.

Next week looks even better! Erotica writer brain promised to be funny

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

This was a really fun episode, god drat am I not looking forward to Liv's latest boyfriends inevitable betrayal/death though.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

They gotta know, he's been getting his makeup done in the open:

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

It's been too long since I posted gifs. Have gifs! Gifs for all!

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Freaky zombie rat is freaky :stare:

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Run Ravi run. What kind of person has never seen Star Wars?

Keith Mars :neckbeard: Hopefully in a recurring role as the handler for undercover boyfriend.

Rita reveal and crazy Liv, Blaine turning Candi into a zombie through :huh:, return of zombie Blaine. The last few minutes were great!

Oh poo poo, I thought Candi was already a zombie for some reason.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

raditts posted:

Yeah, I thought Candi turned him back into full zombie. That's the only thing that's supported by what the show has told us so far; cured zombies don't turn non-zombies as we know from Major / Rita and zombies will turn cured zombies back to full zombies as shown by Ravi stopping Liv and Major from doin' it.

I assumed the shot was just wearing off, based on how his sense of taste was wearing off re: the wine.

Zomb sex would not have helped tho.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

raditts posted:

So wait, was there no resolution with matricidal coffee daughter? She got away with it, they didn't bother trying to find evidence that she was involved, and she sold the shop and drove off in a taxi, the end?
That seemed really awkward, the way they were just like "welp, guess she gets away with murder" about it.

Mr. Boss has no idea how utterly hosed he is right now, though.

Yeah, that was unsatisfying. I can only assume the non-optimistic ending was supposed to be some kind of a narrative foil/twist to Liv's rampantly sunny POV this episode. But, yeah, it didn't quite work for me either.

I am SO going to enjoy zombie Blaine and Mr. Boss facing off tho.

Side note: So...did Blaine's dad ever make the will video or what?

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Pan Dulce posted:

I forgot to add this in, just for your sake.

:derp:

Gif palate cleanser time!

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

drainpipe posted:

Season 3 :woop:: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/cw-renews-11-series-including-874569

Show's firing on all cylinders right now, and I couldn't be more happy.

Yesssss! Really excited Jane the Virgin and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend are back too. We need to make threads for those shows next time, they're really fun!

Also lol Supernatural is never going to end. Those dudes are going to be doing season 65 from the retirement home.

vv Oh sweet! Goin' there now

FoxTerrier fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Mar 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

New episodes start again tonight! :getin:

• Locked thread