Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I'm really hoping they don't go turbo-drama over the completely understandable lying.

It ruined Arrow and I can't stand anymore of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Picklepuss posted:

As much as I enjoy watching Blaine, it bothers me that despite all the nightmarish things he's done (including forcing women into sex slavery) he gets to be the hero while Rita was, as you say, unceremoniously disposed of.

The fact that it was Major who killed her made it even creepier. I probably should go back and re-watch it but did he at least attempt to help her escape? Part of what bothers me is it came off as if he deliberately left her behind.

With anyone that's a zombie in this show you have to cut them slack on how they act based on the brain they're on.

Just like Liv got slack when she was on crazy stripper brain Major should get slack when on hardened mercenary brain.

He was acting more on revenge/ self preservation than on malice towards Rita.

You also have to keep in mind that Rita was one of the people holding the metaphorical gun to Liv's head.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

On a rewatch you can see tons of little jokes or foreshadowing. It's great.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Clive drinking Max Rager in one of the first episodes before it was even mentioned.

When I rewatched I remembered have a fair amount of "neat" moments in relation to foreshadowing and whatnot, but it's been a while and I can't remember a ton of exact examples.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

There doesn't seem to be a thread for season 3 yet, so figured I'd drop this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGyUIjxGw2s

Looks like they're not going with a full on zombie apocalypse, which I'm thankful for

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

I'm really glad for that. This show is at its best thumbing its nose at dumb zombie movie tropes while still keeping the overall aesthetic and feel. I'm here for the quirky zombies-next-door, the instant this slides into Walking Dead Except Jokes then I'm out.

Same. The typical zombie apocalypse type show/movie is overdone.

Except Z nation, I'm still enjoying that since it's campy enough to be entertaining.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

I hope we go this entire season without bringing up her stupid family.

Last we saw of them was the Season 1 finale, right?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

To be honest that's probably one of the most realistic parts of the show.

People are stupid and panicky. They see bad poo poo about someone once and that's what sticks. Doesn't matter if they're acquitted or tried and found innocent.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Phssthpok posted:

If eating brains gives you humanity and memories, then couldn't Major beat amnesia by eating his own brain?

Pretty sure he still needs them in his head...

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

It's just a generic witch hat.

An old Halloween costume isn't out of realm of possibility.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

So I did a quick search because I didn't know what her natural accent was. I had no idea she was from New Zealand.

Found the clip of her on Jimmy Kimmel and holy poo poo, I didn't recognize her voice at all.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I watch The Flash, but I don't have cable so it's generally through other sources.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

The first couple seasons of Misfits are fantastic. It gets iffy when they do a cast shakeup. I stopped watching after that, but other people report it gets good again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I'm pretty sure the CDC lady ended up dead because she slept with Stoll.

• Locked thread