Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Just marathoned the entire series while having the flu, it was a lot of fun! I'm not going to like waiting week to week when the series comes back live.

Favorite things:

- Liv's brother hired by Blaine being a total fake-out. I thought for sure he'd get zombified and the cure would have to be used on him. Instead he was totally meaningless to the plot in any way except to get blown up by being in the wrong place at the wrong time... and then proceed to be completely useless in season 2 when he got a brief mention in two episodes.

- 30-Rock references, since I just finished rewatching it.

- Major not falling into the "clueless, well-meaning, ultimately understanding boyfriend" trope by having his own side-plot. I feel like most shows would have had his B-plot be totally unrelated and uninteresting.

- The dynamic between the three villains, which plays out sort of like a superhero movie fitting in a bunch of villains. I have an irrational hatred for Steven Weber though, just think he's a terrible actor, and his character is way too over the top. Killing someone across the world because they made a bad tweet about your company's energy drink that fourteen people saw? Come on.

- Aside from Steven Weber's, all the characters are great. Really hard to pick a favorite.

I'm starting to wonder why Babineaux doesn't ever mention that Liv seems to get into the personality of whoever she's investigating the death of. An "I'm really good at getting inside the heads of people" chameleon-level ability would be more reasonable and a fantastic pun compared to "I'm a psychic". But hey I'm looking for realism in a show about zombies where the main actress dyes her hair and throws some powder on her face, so don't mind me. (Mid-post-edit: Apparently Babineaux did point this out and I don't remember it? Can someone explain?)

And the zombie "cure" not being a cure but a temporary reversal seems fine. Lots of people take shots every day for diseases like diabetes or whatever, surely a shot every other month is live-with-able.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Angela Christine posted:

Have you watched the second season too? It is in the compulsive liar episode, s2 e13, about 19 minutes in. Easy to miss. There is a lot going on in that episode. Babineaux and Ravi are in the morgue.

B: How can you not see it?
    R: Sorry mate. Not sure I follow.
    B: She takes on certain personality traits of the victims we're investigating. I do my best to roll with it, figure it helps her get in tune psychically speaking.
    R: If you say so.
    B: Right now for instance the guy we are investigating is a pathological liar. She . . .
    Liv enters.
    L: Lunch is here!

He has noticed, he just assumes it is a psychic thing so he hasn't made a big deal about it.

Ohhh. It was sometimes hard to follow along with the little details when I was running a 102 fever. I totally lost the reasoning for Major getting rid of the dog, for instance, and kept confusing Major and Drake unless someone called them by name.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I don't think every character in every show needs an epic storyline where they're explored to their full potential before getting killed off. It makes things too predictable. George R.R. Martin popularized killing characters in what appeared to be the middle of their storyline, and do you know what he's doing right now?

• Locked thread