Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

Air is lava! posted:

Her tan looked really fake too, which would fit as well. But if she actually was one, it would have come up when her brain was eaten. "Zombie brains are gross." Maybe that was a dropped part of the plot.

I just remembered something from last seasons finale. The Max Rager boss apeared in the end and it was heavily implied that he zombified himself (He had that weird withe hairstrain like Major.) But I guess he isn't a zombie, since Major would have noticed. Maybe that was also dropped and originally mister frenchname gave that poor woman a zombie STD.

Being a drunken, wealthy socialite sufficiently explains the tan and the slightly dazed expression.

FoxTerrier posted:

Yea, Major really jacked himself this episode.

I agree he clearly only slept with Gilda because he was high as gently caress, and that's going to bite him in the rear end because 1) inevitably Liv is going to find out and mess their relationship even more, and 2) getting deeper into anything the Max Ranger crew is just a horrible idea for too many reasons to list.

Killing the dude with the dog was the worst too. Like, poor Major. Can't he get a scum bag zombie to take out? No. He gets the family man with the loving kids, and the dude that just wants to walk his adorable dog.

And while I'm really glad he took said dog instead of letting it roam the streets (:ohdear:), you know that poo poo's going to bite him in the rear end when missing person's announce this dude went missing with the exact kind of dog Major mysteriously picked up the same night.

Yea Major's boned.

Here's hoping he survives and manages to go on another killing spree before he ends up...I don't know...killing zombie kids or whatever else making GBS threads thing the show can come up with. :(

The guy Major took out is probably the type of guy that would chip his dog. I wonder if we're going to see Major kill a zombie in every episode from now on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

Floppychop posted:

I'm really hoping they don't go turbo-drama over the completely understandable lying.

It ruined Arrow and I can't stand anymore of it.

There's a pretty huge differential in writing talent between this show and Arrow. I'm not very worried.

AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

Senerio posted:

Filmore Graves.

That was pretty great.

TMMadman posted:

Well, I didn't see that coming at all.

It's funny, because the zombies were clearly ignoring her while she blew them away. It was there, but I was so distracted by the whole, 'Are they going to turn Clive into a Zombie?' thing that I didn't notice it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I'm not used to Clive being the one who is poo poo on :(

Scumbag lawyer was great. Ate the energy bar, but I got you another one so we cool

Ken Marino is a national treasure.

Liv also got poo poo on quite a bit. I mean, they couldn't poo poo on Major more if they put him underneath an outhouse, so it makes sense that they need to spread it around a bit. It was nice to see Vaughn and Rita get what they deserved, although Rita's transition to full on Romero was kind of jarring. I'm psyched for next season.

AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

Oasx posted:

Blaine has done much worse and everyone just seems ignore it. Rita was a pretty horrible person so i understand why they didn't like her, it just seemed out of character for both Major and Liv to be so callous about her death.

They were both jonesing on hardened mercenary/contract killer brain, which probably had something to do with it. I still think the implication is that Rita just went Romero at the end. She was scooping her father's brains out of his head when the elevator opened. That's not really a Rita thing to do. She also ignored Liv and made a beeline for Clive (the only human in the place). If she was just raging, you'd think she'd go after the person she had personal issues with, not the guy with the pulse and delicious, delicious brain.

AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

So, I was rewatching the first episode on Netflix because I was curious as to when Ravi actually found out about Zombies when he was at the CDC. I figured that this new crop might predate the events of the show (and I'm still up in the air). Anyway, the first introduction we get to the weatherman is him ripping off a balaclava and saying, 'Here's Johnny!' in one of Liv's visions.

Soothing Vapors posted:

That was a hell of a finale and yes I wish every show had Ken Marino in douche mode

He was pretty awesome in Agent Carter, too.

Also, Clive is drinking a Max Rager when Liv goes to see him in the precinct for the first time. Also, "Cagney and Pasty".

This show was pretty goddamn great from Day 1.

AbsolutelySane fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Apr 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

TMMadman posted:

Easily one of the funniest little side bits in the show and I've only read one and half books (I never did finish book 2) and I've never watched the GoT series.

But I can relate because I was a big Wheel of Time book reader, although I never finished it either.

Even Robert Jordan decided to check out rather than finish that monstrosity. GRRM may be headed in the same direction.

Tiggum posted:

That is true, but when it's just one character and the rest of them continue to have the usual protection that comes from being a central character, it feels off.

It's really only the core cast (Liv, Major, Ravi, Blaine, Clive, possibly Peyton) that seem to have plot armor. Rita, Vaughn, musician guy, Drake, Chief, big zombie guy from the skate park, etc... are still ancillary characters that aren't really part of that core dynamic. Liv's batting 0-2 on zombie boyfriends at the moment. She should probably take the hint (or start dating Blaine).

Speaking of ancillary characters, we haven't seen Liv's mother or brother at all this season outside of the first episode where her brother basically tells her to piss off. I wonder if they make a return once the zombie thing is out of the bag, which is where I think the show may be headed.

AbsolutelySane fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Apr 16, 2016

• Locked thread