Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

violetdragon posted:

I paused the tv and giggled.

I must have not watched real tv in too long if you can pause live TV now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

raditts posted:

There are these things called DVRs, they've been around for a while.

I've never had DVR or known anyone personally who has, the closest thing is my dad still records shows with a timer to VHS. But the CW comic trio is really the only American Television that I watch, well that and Gravity Falls.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

violetdragon posted:

I wasn't watching it live. I recorded it on my DVR for later viewing, but yes you can pause live tv if you have a DVR. It's amazing and wonderful. You can also start watching a show 15 minutes late and then fast forward through all the commercials.

How the gently caress? How long has this been around?

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

Soothing Vapors posted:

like 15 years grandpa

raditts posted:

Where do you live, exactly? I think the only person I know who doesn't have some sort of DVR is my dad, and even he might have it and just not know it because he barely ever watches TV.

I'm a 23 year old College student living in a US city most people outside of the country probably know of.
I just don't really do TV or current trends or whatever.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

I just have a HDMI dangling from my TV that I plug into computers and things, I don't think I even get channels?

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

Loutre posted:

Also there's no way those were York brains. Blaine told Suzuki "Unless you have $250,000 in your pocket" and made him leave when he asked about the special brains being prepared.

I was under the impression they made multiple boxes so he could have multiple serving to his astronaut memories going for longer. Or to sell it to him multiple times for maximum profit. Suzuki just had regular brain of the week in his fridge.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

I'm not really dissapointed that Drake died at all. I am dissapointed that he was the driving force behind the plot and why Liv was going to save them when there are like 20 other zombies that Major kidnapped. I think it's probably because of "CW reasons" that it had to have a really romantic focus. I feel like they really over emphasized how much Liv cares about this guy she slept with a couple times and knew nothing about. She was only with him because she can only be with a zombie and Blaine isn't exactly a great first pick.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

For whatever reason I thought maybe my post in the Flash thread summoned the ghost of this thread. while it's here though I'm not sure if we should update the OP and title for season 3 or make a new thread. I don't think S3 is starting until late April or early June now since it was pushed back because CW doesn't know how to manage their own time slots.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

I think the producers or someone talked about them preferring sticking to the locked 13 episodes, because it let's them focus more on a solid single short story. Whereas the last two seasons they had to write a 13 episode story with a satisfying conclusion for the 13th episode, but with enough openings that they could quickly append another half season to the end at a moments notice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

This is what they get for starting several new shows and being bad at math and spreadsheets. I think when we come back in January No Tomorrow is over, but they're moving Legends of Tomorrow to that slot Tuesday after Flash because :confused:. I think that they are starting some new show on Thursdays, and then iZombie slots in Tuesday after Legends ends.

• Locked thread