Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

Aquasnake posted:

How the gently caress? How long has this been around?

Seriously? Tivo's came out in the 90's.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TiVo

Also, every cable company has a DVR box that usually costs a little bit more each month if you want that instead of the standard cable box.
I think most or all satellite boxes do the same thing too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

zoux posted:

My only concern, and this is totally based on the way other shows have done this, but when you have a protagonist with a secret and a person investigating it, it's often terrible as the plotline stretches on and on. These investigation plotlines often go on way too long, and a competent investigator will ignore obvious facts or make mistakes in order to keep the tension unresolved and delay the final showdown, or coincidences or last minute rescues begin to pile up and wear on credibility.

I think Clive's been in a good place as far as an outsider goes, I think it's smart that he just accepts Liv's psychic explanation based on its success rate. He never asks questions about the details of her power and accepts her idiosyncrasies. Though it's never explicitly said, I bet if you asked the character he'd say "Well, don't look a gift horse in the mouth". So, as long as the investigation into the zombie mystery is done well and not artificially stretched, we should be fine. The show is tightly written and plotted so I have faith in the creators in this case. But how long did it take Timothy Omundsen's character to reveal the main character's psychic fraud in Psych?

Lassie always tried to call Shawn out as being a fraud but he never actually proved it.

Also, this show reminds me a lot of Psych in parts.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

Lycus posted:

I wonder if Blaine's gonna tell one of his zombie cronies, "gently caress it, scratch me. I gotta kill a crime lord."

I've been under the impression that none of them knows he's cured, but I may be mistaken.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

JT Smiley posted:

Also, whatever happened with Blaine's dad? That plot line just kind of petered out.

I think he was the unlucky one in the other cage that was romaro zombie already.
Also, did anyone else catch that the lab guy said "who wants to try cure #3?" There was one person in the other cage. Did cure #1 just straight up kill the first person they tried it on? Then cure #2 didn't kill the subject but cause him to become a romaro zombie?

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
100% forgot about the whole bit with Blaine having his dad tortured that episode ended on.

• Locked thread