Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

My only concern, and this is totally based on the way other shows have done this, but when you have a protagonist with a secret and a person investigating it, it's often terrible as the plotline stretches on and on. These investigation plotlines often go on way too long, and a competent investigator will ignore obvious facts or make mistakes in order to keep the tension unresolved and delay the final showdown, or coincidences or last minute rescues begin to pile up and wear on credibility.

I think Clive's been in a good place as far as an outsider goes, I think it's smart that he just accepts Liv's psychic explanation based on its success rate. He never asks questions about the details of her power and accepts her idiosyncrasies. Though it's never explicitly said, I bet if you asked the character he'd say "Well, don't look a gift horse in the mouth". So, as long as the investigation into the zombie mystery is done well and not artificially stretched, we should be fine. The show is tightly written and plotted so I have faith in the creators in this case. But how long did it take Timothy Omundsen's character to reveal the main character's psychic fraud in Psych?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Usually I frown at moral copouts like not having Major actually be a cold blooded killer, but I like him so much I was actually relieved :kiddo:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Jesus Christ that slow grin just kills me. I love Ravi.

I'm glad the producers/directors trust the audience enough to let subtlety like that Ravi smile stand on its own instead of adding lines or shooting it as the focus.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Bellakitty posted:

Does anyone know the song playing at the end of the episode?
It really reminds me of the song from S1 of True Detective. To me it had the same feel to it.

Thousand Kisses Deep by Leonard Cohen.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It was kind of a throwaway gag in an episode full of them but I loved the delivery when Ravi and Major agreed with Liv about Clyde filling out a fitted shirt.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I keep forgetting to ask, but what do yall think of the new convention this season of doing a foodie style prep montage for every brain dish?

IMO I'm not sure I've seen something as appetizing and disgusting at the same time.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well I completely missed all that.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Truly we don't deserve this show.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Party Plane Jones posted:

Amazingly that security guard has the right reaction to that kind of poo poo going down.

edit: Here's Major! :lol:

Shout out to Robert Buckley for making this a-little-too-precious line actually work perfectly. Honorable Mention to the best delivery of "Sup?" I've ever seen.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

TMMadman posted:

That and 'personal trainer'

He's definitely a member of the Brett Dalton Club of actors/characters I thought would suck at the beginning but ended up being completely wrong about. The fact that Major gets some of the strongest story arcs doesn't hurt either.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I thought it was a pretty dope character moment when Clive just straight up torpedoed both cases, no hesitation, the second he found out the real story.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

DolphinCop posted:

there were just too many plot threads that were either ignored or hastily tied off without any closure.

Like what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I hope Blaine is faking amnesia because right now Anders is getting criminally underused. But if he's not, is he still a bad guy? Is he still responsible for the things he did?

• Locked thread