Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

paranoid randroid posted:

reach heaven through motorcycles

So many of us do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Hmm, interesting set of possibilities with 6. He either knows Zaid isn't the successor but wants him to have the Key anyway because 6 figures that he can game the prophecy and Zaid will be an easy target unlike the actual successor, or he's clueless but has huge balls and thinks he can take on the successor.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well, that's confirmation that Juggernaut Star's appearance is what happens when you become a Thorn, then. Also, look who's back. However briefly it may be.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I'm guessing that if an Angel gets killed in the Void, its gotta remake itself completely, whereas if their armor gets broken, it can be repaired by someone and they can come back.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Interesting that Delicious' true form is at least as feminine as White Chain's.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Giant Ethicist posted:

Those on the path of Petals are reviled by other Angels for a lot of reasons.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
surprisingly humanoid too, at that

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
I'll found my update
Where is my update
Who took my update

e: you guys didn't donate money to the patreon for my updates to be late. what is this world?

Pinch Me Im Meming fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Oct 17, 2015

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009

Giant Ethicist posted:

Really makes me think the mainstream angel's protests of gender purity are like internalized homophobia from closet-cases.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Oh man, Delicious is gonna get bike'd. :(

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Why do people keep referring to Allison as 'Alice'?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Say Nothing posted:

Because people that can live for millions of years dont give a flying gently caress about the name of someone who can barely live a century. Especially someone with one name and a boring as gently caress name as "Allison".

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

"Un" is a common suffix in Throne. Alice-Un.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

all-yis-un

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
...Oh dangit, that's probably why the prophecy refers to a "he"; Un is a masculine prefix/suffix. Yisun split into black Yis, who was female, and white Un, who was male, and all the gods and such after are called things like Yis-Voya, Un-Sivran, and so on. So, when we get Alice-Un, the assumption is that it must be a man.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
What is everyone's favorite character?

Mine is somebody who hasn't made an personal appearance in the story, yet influences it more then perhaps anyone else:

It feels strange that she would ever just face a direction, tell a tale and wither away.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ElMaligno posted:

Because people that can live for millions of years dont give a flying gently caress about the name of someone who can barely live a century. Especially someone with one name and a boring as gently caress name as "Allison".

And here I was thinking it was some kind of oblique reference to blond girls falling into strange places.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Things can be more than one thing.

wiegieman posted:

Both statements are true.

YS ATN VARAMA PRESH

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Fish Noise posted:

Things can be more than one thing.

Things can also be none and no one in here is correct.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

We're all just being faux-indo-hindu-mystical because it's part of the fun. The trick is to string together lots of consonants in all caps.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

DarkCrawler posted:

Mine is somebody who hasn't made an personal appearance in the story, yet influences it more then perhaps anyone else:

It feels strange that she would ever just face a direction, tell a tale and wither away.

i feel like there was some indication that ashma is the same person as aesma

e. unless thats what youre talking about in which case id point out that she did appear in exactly one panel. bottom line is that pree aesma owns pretty hard.

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Oct 18, 2015

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

paranoid randroid posted:

i feel like there was some indication that ashma is the same person as aesma

I'm 99% certain that they are.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

I love the Aesma stories. She'd such an incredible jerk, but everyone else is so stuck up that she's the only one who gets anything done (and then learns nothing from the experience.)

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DarkCrawler posted:

well, she does rule regret

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

wiegieman posted:

I love the Aesma stories. She'd such an incredible jerk, but everyone else is so stuck up that she's the only one who gets anything done (and then learns nothing from the experience.)

when confronted by doubt, be too stupid to conceive of doubt. this is wisdom.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
New Page
6 Juggernaut confirmed for Bonewheel shield Logarius' Wheel user.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Brought To You By posted:

New Page
6 Juggernaut confirmed for Bonewheel shield Logarius' Wheel user.

So are the wheels of the bonecycle a part of 6 Juggernaut Star?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

SunAndSpring posted:

the wheels are other angels

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I see delicious was a fan of Videodrome, LONG LIVE THE NEW FLESH!

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010
METATRON LIVES!

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well, that would certainly explain the hatred for Zoss and, well, everyone and everything who ever benefited from his actions. No wonder the Thorns want to purge Throne; someone has a (rather understandable, admittedly) grudge.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

SunAndSpring posted:

"Woe be he that mistakes the rider for the steed"

Cryophage fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Oct 21, 2015

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Say what you will about Thorns, at least they have an ethos.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Say what you will about Thorns, at least they have an ethos.

That is true. However, their ethos is one of genocide and revenge against a bunch of people unrelated to the original incident beyond benefiting from it extremely indirectly (even the demiurges showed up after Zoss's rampage; scummy as they are they had nothing to do with what happened to Metatron and the other Primes), so it's not one you can really admire that much.

Also, I'm wondering if White Chain is going to interfere here; we're ending this page with Juggernaut Star about to pulp Delicious, rather than actually doing it, so it's a good setup for him to be thwarted next page. And opening a page with someone dying rather than ending with it, while certainly doable, feels a bit strange. I'm not saying it can't happen, and wouldn't be surprised if the next page is Juggernaut crushing Delicious, White Chain reacting with horror, then the former turning around to look at the latter and make an offer again or something. I'm just leaning towards something stopping Juggernaut as more likely due to how this has been framed. (Then again, it could be cutting off here so that the page ends with Juggernaut's statement, which is a pretty big reveal, I suppose.)

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
So someone help me out here. From what I understand 82 White Chain met with the leader of the Angels, or at least throes that aren't Thorns now, who is 2 Michael. 2 Michael was angry at 82 White Chain for failing to bring Allison to him immediately, and had 82's body destroyed, sending her to...wherever it is angels go. The void? Anyway she quickly thereafter meets 6 Juggernaut Star, who invites her to tea and to discuss prospects of working with one another. 6 Juggernaut explains what the key in Alison's head is, a key forged from the power of the angel 1 Metatron, and that he needs for the key to be united with Alison's boyfriend, who he believes to be the successor to the Old King. 6 Juggernaut himself does not want this, he wants to purge Throne of all non-Angels, but his master does, whom I presume to be 1 Metatron. With the Old King's heir/reincarnation brought to Metatron the angel will be reborn whole again. 82 White Chain doesn't want to work with the Thorns, and so now they are threatening her by executing 23 Delicious.

That last part is what I don't quite understand, why is 23 there, how did they get there, and what exactly is the point of executing them? I can understand if it's partially to try and coerce 82, but when she agrees to help 6 is still going through with the execution. What would have 6 done if 82 had leapt at the offer from the start? Would he still have brought her here and kill 23 in front of her?

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

"you'll work for us? good. here's the price of failure"

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012
He'd be 2 Metatron now, right?

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Who What Now posted:

That last part is what I don't quite understand, why is 23 there, how did they get there, and what exactly is the point of executing them? I can understand if it's partially to try and coerce 82, but when she agrees to help 6 is still going through with the execution. What would have 6 done if 82 had leapt at the offer from the start? Would he still have brought her here and kill 23 in front of her?

From the way it was phrased, "now, please kindly observe the alternative", it seems like the offer was made to 23 before 82 and they were promptly told to gently caress right off. The price of refusal is death, therefore she still has to die. Killing her in front of 82 serves to reinforce the point.

Mimir posted:

He'd be 2 Metatron now, right?

I thought Zoss wounded Metatron but left him alive. If he reincarnated he'd be 2, but if he died after and never came back I think he'd still be 1.

e: so yeah, he'd be 2 now I guess since I imagine Zoss killed him after serving his purpose (although the story doesn't state either way).

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Oct 21, 2015

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

One thing i'm not sure about is what happens when angels are killed in the void. If they're killed in the real world they are sent to the void and have to wait to reincarnate. It sounds like Zoss did this, then followed the angels to the void and killed them again. It sounds like this doesn't kill them for good though, but delays their reincarnation indefinitely?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Delicious also seems to imply that dying in the void will result in a loss of memory, or am I reading her wrong?