Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Wow, this last book was really short.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

IMJack posted:

Somebody pour some Gatorade on Solomon, we got 'im!

oh you want to take some sucker shots at my banana cage bilbo

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

eke out posted:

hmm he appears to have set himself on fire. a huge win for our heroes!

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Jagganoth is in many ways similar to a car in GTA,

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

ThaumPenguin posted:

Jagganoth is in many ways similar to a car in GTA,

Which stations does he get on the radio?

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Mission Accomplished.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

W.T. Fits posted:

Which stations does he get on the radio?

111,111 of 777,777, but by default it's Radio X

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

I think we're about due for a reminder that despite the severity of this rear end kicking, Jagganoth has taken no damage.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
He is obviously finished, no one could survive that much dust purple ki rata cloud.

e: I know it's been awful hectic, but Allison and the gang should have taken this extended distraction to rally and take another shot at warping out.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

TwoPair posted:

He is obviously finished, no one could survive that much dust purple ki rata cloud.

e: I know it's been awful hectic, but Allison and the gang should have taken this extended distraction to rally and take another shot at warping out.

Depends whether Jagganoth stealing Allison's thunder did lasting damage. She might be powered down for a while.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Darth Walrus posted:

Depends whether Jagganoth stealing Allison's thunder did lasting damage. She might be powered down for a while.

I think it is, in every way possible, all in her head.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
I think we're about to get a proper introduction for Jagganoth, titles and all.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
White Chain is up to something, maybe involving feathers?

also yes, Jagahog title card incoming I'm sure. Maybe one for the rest of him too

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Jag: This is not even my final form.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Jagg reveals that 26 of the nails were all put into the Jaggahog.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Jagg getting done like the Wheel's greatest filet mignon.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
when i saw the breath i was like "whoaa!?" irl

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

YaketySass posted:

Jagg getting done like the Wheel's greatest filet mignon.

See that's funny because I'd barely cook the Wheel's greatest filet mignon.

:thejoke:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I suspect that if Jagganoth hadn't borrowed/stolen Allison's lightning a few minutes ago this might've actually worked.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
It’s been made very explicit that only all six other demiurges working together could defeat Jagganoth, and even then, it’s not a sure thing. Right now, there’s only five, and only Dave and Mottom are really on their A-Game. There’s no way that a little sip of power from a girl who barely knows how to use her key made much of a difference.

It’s like getting run over by a rhino vs. getting run over by a rhino in a jaunty cap.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Feb 20, 2021

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

It’s been made very explicit that only all six other demiurges working together could defeat Jagganoth, and even then, it’s not a sure thing. Right now, there’s only five, and only Dave and Mottom are really on their A-Game. There’s no way that a little sip of power from a girl who barely knows how to use her key made much of a difference.

It’s like getting run over by a rhino vs. getting run over by a rhino in a jaunty cap.

The power of the Key of Kings exists independent of how well Allison knows how to use it, though, and we know from Yabalchaoth's example that stealing keys' power is both feasible and effective.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

It'd cheapen all that discussion of our primary villain's overwhelming power a tiiiiiny bit if he only won because of circumstances, though, wouldn't you think?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

PMush Perfect posted:

It’s been made very explicit that only all six other demiurges working together could defeat Jagganoth, and even then, it’s not a sure thing.

That's mostly the opinion of the demiurges themselves, who are known to be incredibly paranoid.

(I'm pretty sure Abaddon has WoG remarks on the topic, but I suspect Abaddon is a consummate liar.)

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Straight White Shark posted:

(I'm pretty sure Abaddon has WoG remarks on the topic, but I suspect Abaddon is a consummate liar.)

But how good is Abaddon at smiling?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Everyone in the story is a liar, including the author, except perhaps for the main character who never knows enough about what's going on to lie about it

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
It also falls prey to some power level bullshit, since plenty of "better" fighters/teams/armies have been defeated by lesser groups depending on all sorts of variables right down to sheer luck.

What I'm saying is... Jagganoth is gonna get defeated by eating some noodles from a dodgy streetcorner vendor.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

It'd cheapen all that discussion of our primary villain's overwhelming power a tiiiiiny bit if he only won because of circumstances, though, wouldn't you think?

Jagganoth isn't just a bruiser, though. He's cunning and resourceful. Seeing an opportunity and taking it is a perfectly valid way for him to win a fight.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
That net is far too large. Tiny nets are a death sentence!

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

skaianDestiny posted:

Jagg reveals that 26 of the nails were all put into the Jaggahog.

The Jaggahog is, itself, a master of Head of John.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Head of Robert.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

"They have Jagganoth in a net but they can't do poo poo to him beyond Dave personally holding him down" is also a good outcome for setting up further story.

It would pin down two of the demiurges, set off further universal war, and be a perfect context for more fuckery to emerge.

Is this going to happen? No.

Neither I nor, I think, the thread as a whole have ever successfully predicted this comic's direction and I for one am just throwing my hands in the air and enjoying the rollercoaster thank you very much.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

sirtommygunn posted:

Head of Richard.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Eleven Point, Ten Finger and Hog Technique

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
On this last page, is all this exertion exfoliating the coins from Mammon's hide?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

sirtommygunn posted:

Head of Robert.

It's actually Head of Prince Albert, given the studs.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

habeasdorkus posted:

It's actually Head of Prince Albert, given the studs.
:hmmyes:

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Jag being immobilised is a good opportunity for Allison to step forward and try diplomacy over violence. Let Jagganoth explain his motives.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Demiurge4 posted:

Jag being immobilised is a good opportunity for Allison to step forward and try diplomacy over violence. Let Jagganoth explain his motives.
He already did that before the fight began. She flipped him off and he sighed and went "guess today's a good day for war"

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

He didn’t explain poo poo. He said some cryptic nonsense and decided to fight because all he knows is violence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Grouchio posted:

He already did that before the fight began. She flipped him off and he sighed and went "guess today's a good day for war"

I wouldn't call going 'what the gently caress you did a megadeath' flipping him off.