Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Oh hell yeah time compression, he's pulling an Ultimecia let's loving gooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

TIME ITSELF

He's taking the short route to a world without transience or inevitable violence, I suppose.

I'm broadly in favor of showing time what's what, except that's going to involve killing literally everyone that currently exists based on how he's talking about it. Not in favor of that.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
He's gonna wreck the world, and his "glorious creation" is going to be a (very detailed) diorama.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
if nothing happens, nothing bad happens, qed

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
Justice and beauty are unattainable, and violence and suffering inescapable, in a universe with merely one time-like dimension.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
"Aspected Chaos here using the forbidden and ancient technique of 'just talk'"

Words are weapons, sharper than knives

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
For some reason I got Caligula vibes from this "Our enemy dear friends is the sea!"

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
What is going on with AC's right hand in panel 3? Is that her right hand?

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Guildenstern Mother posted:

What is going on with AC's right hand in panel 3? Is that her right hand?

That would be her left hand, it is touching her face.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Actually, now that I look again, the bottom one does look like a right hand.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Apr 7, 2021

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

JOINED AS ONE, NEVER TO BE PARTED

UNBOUND BY PAST OR FUTURE IN THIS SINGLE PERFECT MOMENT

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Sindai posted:

Actually, now that I look again, the bottom one does look like a right hand.

Its got the same jewelry too

Guildenstern Mother fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Apr 7, 2021

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

I like how Allison is just wildly flailing all her arms around while having a chat.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Rhaka posted:

I like how Allison is just wildly flailing all her arms around while having a chat.

She's constantly switching between dramatic Jojo-style poses and I love it. I choose to believe that's Allison's inner weeb coming out.

"Big dramatic moment, gotta look cool."

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
While I appreciate the effort of solving this by talking about it, it doesn't really seem like Allison and the gang can break that dedication with logic. I guess the question is, what motivates him to destroy that. That sounds like a waste of time.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

cant cook creole bream posted:

That sounds like a waste of time.

That seems to be the idea, yes.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Bussamove posted:

That seems to be the idea, yes.

Please don't make my puns to obvious.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

Bussamove posted:

She's constantly switching between dramatic Jojo-style poses and I love it. I choose to believe that's Allison's inner weeb coming out.

This is now headcanon

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

cant cook creole bream posted:

While I appreciate the effort of solving this by talking about it, it doesn't really seem like Allison and the gang can break that dedication with logic. I guess the question is, what motivates him to destroy that. That sounds like a waste of time.

I doubt she hopes to turn him from his thousand-years-in-the-maching grand design in one minute of chatter. But it's a lot easier to stop someone when you know what they're trying to do.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

IMJack posted:

"Aspected Chaos here using the forbidden and ancient technique of 'just talk'"

Words are weapons, sharper than knives

Talk no Jutsu is not only anime as gently caress but has been shown to end massive conflicts. But if diplomacy fails I hope Gog is ready to get serious because all that work for 60 seconds is a bit disheartening.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Brought To You By posted:

Talk no Jutsu is not only anime as gently caress but has been shown to end massive conflicts. But if diplomacy fails I hope Gog is ready to get serious because all that work for 60 seconds is a bit disheartening.

The good news is that talking pauses the clock.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

You can talk as long as you want if you're saying something interesting.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Hah. Welp I was mostly wrong. Frozen like stone but very much still invulnerable. Only temporarily diminished. :shepface:

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Ah Jagg's an accelerationist.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Bussamove posted:

Her inner weeb lets her know that talking is a free action and as long as she keeps up with the poses she can keep trying to think of a next move.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Pose as a team unified divine being, because poo poo JUST GOT REAL.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

Justice and beauty are unattainable, and violence and suffering inescapable, in a universe with merely one time-like dimension.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
It's neat how ultrahyperbolic is a word that describes itself

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

pff what about the hyperspatial dimensions what kind of bullshit graph is this

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Phy posted:

It's neat how ultrahyperbolic is a word that describes itself

It's autological

:goonsay:

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Dec 29, 2023

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

I like that there's a "must be at least this complex to ride" req for universe existence.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

'Yeah, this binding here, it's pretty strong I guess, could hold a strong guy like me for a solid minute, maybe a minute and 10. It's really impressive what all you little god-kings can do when you work together'.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Rhaka posted:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Allison has watched way too much Sailor Moon to let Jagg get away with explaining a motivation so anime

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Plot twist CIo and WC are the main drivers of the conversation because Allison won't stop squeeing

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Aspected Chaos JoJo posing is great.

"Your big combo attack merely triggered an expository cutscene while I transition to the next phase of the fight" is great.

A universe without time is one that can never change. Entropy, disorder, chaos (aspected or otherwise) cannot exist there. Given the present situations of our protagonists, that seems like reason enough to want Jags to not succeed. I don't think he's gonna be talked down from his position in under a minute, though.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

it's a shame, I bet a lot of them can agree on "kill metatron" but the "destroy existence itself" seems like a bit of a deal-breaker

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

eke out posted:

it's a shame, I bet a lot of them can agree on "kill metatron" but the "destroy existence itself" seems like a bit of a deal-breaker

Hey Jaggs, I'm just a godlike entity unprecedented in the world-that-is being piloted by a mid-twenties barista weeb, but we can all agree that the violence inescapable within the world of time and matter is bad. We're on the same page! What I can't get behind is destroying literally everyone that exists and snuffing out their soul flames in order to deal with that, so maybe, y'know, we can talk about some alternatives.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Now for the real debate, which of the three is influencing the jojo posing? Seems like some WC kinda drama, but I can see Cio voting yes on it, overruling Allison who knows how anime it looks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Sever case of "dont know what to do with my hands, especially now I have 3 pairs, one of which is extra long"