Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

The residents of Throne also probably respect the authority of the angels and their law because 1. Angels are really dangerous and powerful adversaries, and 2. having any kind of lawbringers in such a dangerous place, even ones that follow what may be considered archaic laws, probably helps more than it hurts to make life bearable there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

What ARE birds?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Auntie Maya seems to be a beggar knight, it wouldn't surprise me if they are generally good at not having attention called to themselves, or otherwise making themselves not appear a threat until it's too late. Might account for why she's been able to tail them without them getting particularly concerned.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I suspect Jadis is encased in glass as a form of suspended animation, given how old her flesh appears to be on the inside. I think it's fair to say each of the 7 is effectively biologically immortal, but I would bet each of them came to that end through different ways.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I wonder if you could make some kind of horrible Cronenberg living car to drive around the void. I bet some kind of gross terrible wizard has done that.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

wiegieman posted:

That's basically what Juggernaut Star did.

Oh yeah. I guess his bike is basically a Cronencycle, Angel Edition.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Who What Now posted:

It's nice to see Cio without a perpetual scowl on her face.

In fairness, this has been a very bad day for her. Or series of days? Things were not going Cio's way, is what I am trying to say.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I wonder, is it for a disguise, or to look like a superhero?

Edit: Also, whoa, looks like she might have difficulty giving the cloak away, anyways. Check her wrists.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

dog kisser posted:

So Mottom's eating these girls, right?

That seems very likely, yes.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

She goes by "dame". I'm guessing that means she's a knight of Mottom.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Renaissance Robot posted:

Doubt it. Looks local, title text suggests she doesn't know what's going to happen to the girls she's delivering.

Do you mean the alt text on the comic? I don't think the woman referred to as "dame" is supposed to be the one who said that.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

It's fine if he wants to have his silmarillion, I'd love to read that myself, but K6BD seems like it is meaning to tell more of a Lord of the Rings. Some exposition is fine and maybe even necessary, as are signs that a lot more is going on than what we see and know, but the most important thing is the story of the chief actors.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Who What Now posted:

Dozens of pages at a time were dedicated to backstory and other boring poo poo in the LOTR books, so maybe you should pick a better example.

Yeah, I figured I should have said "The Hobbit". Only thing is that The Hobbit has much smaller stakes than what LOTR and this story are shaping up to be, i.e. overcoming the existential threat of corrupt force(s).

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I thought the point of metatron was to be less vocally devastating

Although from the sound of the flavour text, when YISUN speaks the whole of creation bursts into flame, so I guess this is less devastating.

Metatron may have gotten a smidge bit more vocally devastating on account of the events that have been happening to him as of late.

A fun thing is that in some Jewish apocrypha, Metatron was a human (Enoch) who ascended to the status of archangel. Probably not true in K6BD, but it would be interesting if so.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I like how in the absence of her humanoid face, her eyes are emoting for her.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Somehow I suspect she won't go through with it, considering her appearance on the prophecy glass, but if she did, I have to wonder what her end-game here is. She just talked about how she wants to protect the world. I guess maybe she meant something different from "sapient life" when she said the world? Otherwise, she's basically acting in direct contradiction to what she just said, unless she has some unangellically devious plan in mind.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Tollymain posted:

well, she did lie to the gilded androsphynx guy

Indeed. And I suspect she's displaying a lot of other atypical qualities for an angel here, between her intense emotional outburst and her dramatic revision of her form. These could be interpretted as being very ironically human actions on her part.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Tollymain posted:

technically speaking the children of the hot black flame are devils

a demon could just be like, anybody who's a corrupt rear end in a top hat growing fat off the pillaging of the multiverse and its inhabitants

Oh boy, I hope this means the flesh will be tearing at the orange palace tonight.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Dr Christmas posted:

Gog-Agog is Maria Bamford.

I like this one a lot because Maria Bamford is great at impressions and can do a bunch of wild things with her voice. Would be perfect for when Gog goes all copycat.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I think she's just a lot of very special worms. What makes those worms so special? It is a mystery!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

To be fair, the standard of living most humans have on present Earth is probably not so different from the squalor and horror known to the massive underclasses of the multiverse at large. It's not hard to imagine there are better planets to strip dry.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Considering her hat's basically like a big set of curtains, I wonder how many people in Throne know about her currently hideous aspect besides the other demiurges.

Also, looks like that bodyguard there has one of the lesser keys in his forehead.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

You know, I somehow don't think Mottom's the torturing type, at least, not on a doing-it-for-pure-spite level. She seems more like the type who just straight up destroys things and people she doesn't like, and moves on with getting what she wants.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Enough time for certain ruled worlds to forget it's ever been otherwise, which suggests something over a thousand years.

It certainly won't have been even close to one kalpa, the demiurges are very long lived but they are still mortal.

Killable maybe, but they may be able to stave off natural death indefinitely. I could believe Gog-Agog is some kind of hive intelligence of worms that basically can reproduce and sustain itself forever, for instance. It's likely that Jadis has suspended her animation in the process of preserving herself in glass, and therefore can likely exist until that glass is broken and her body destroyed. Mottom may have some kind of a lich situation going on there, where she mummified her body with dubious (if not outright evil) magics. Mammon is a Servant, and therefore apparently biologically immortal. Jagganoth may just be so powerful that death can't lay a finger on him. There has been speculation that Incubus is no longer truly corporeal.

As for Solomon David, he's clearly the most well-preserved of the humans. Wonder what his secret is? Maybe he's just too cool to get old.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I wonder if he is still conscious or not.

Anyways, clearly I underestimated how theatric Mottom would be. Evidently she takes her status as a goddess seriously, and is evidently fond of the Greek school of ironic transformation as divine punishment.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

It may also be a continual and taxing application of her magic to look unlike the horrible lich thing that she is, and among equals there is no point putting on such airs because they already know her true nature anyways.

Sort of like the demigod equivalent of having resting bitchface but having to do fake TV smiles all day. Exhausting.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

TheCIASentMe posted:

Yes?

On a more serious note, do we actually know if she eats people? Has there been any alt-text to suggest as such?

She regularly receives big shipments of slaves who are never seen or heard from again. She is an avatar of gluttony, unspeakably cruel, answers to no higher power for her actions, and has the appearance of a ghoul. Those dots alone are enough to draw suspicion of cannibalism.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I suspect there is not a single article of food in front of her in which unimagineable cruelty was not involved in its procurement.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

MikeJF posted:

I also suspect that Jadis's abilities may have counted for more than we think.

I don't think she would be a member of that council if all she did was make vague portents that didn't illuminate much.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

It's interesting, she's utterly evil and deserves no sympathy in any regard, but Mottom really does look rather piteous in the last panel.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

While she definitely needs laborers, a throwaway comment in the ask blog which may or may not have been a joke suggests she may also use some of them as throwaway spell components sometimes as well.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Cryophage you are too powerful

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Ixjuvin posted:

This Pryan Sor has become Foreverial Treedup Sor and he was fully plantitized with his organs and inside and literally his whole body changed into a permanent living tree version with permanent living heartwood organs and insides and a permanent wood, leaf and ripe fruit tongue.

But he ain't loving it.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

It's referencing what may or may not be an ironic fetish thing.

That link isn't especially NSFW, but it's definitely bizarre.

C.F.: this

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Soylent Peach is made of people!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

wiegieman posted:

Realistically, Mottom probably looks how she wants to look.

Looks. yes. but she was probably all rotted up on the inside earlier when she was playing human horticulturalist earlier.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Mottom's giving me a very Alice in Wonderland's Queen of Hearts vibe from these shenanigans, except instead of "OFF WITH HER HEAD", it's "BECOME A TREE".

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Haha, look at that, this thing that wants to genocide everything and can cleave through flesh and metal with a casual swipe with its bladed arms as though through tissue paper. I think the multiverse may be in serious danger.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

atomicthumbs posted:

yeah but everyone can do that

Yeah, but like, you can't really kill the spikey angel man, he'll just keep coming back!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

These are the names of the cutesy/terrifying angel mascots for many of the more successful street food franchises in Throne. Also possibly the names of some of the most dangerous entities to ever walk the multiverse.