Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
I selected all answers in the poll

(I selected no answers in the poll)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Allstone posted:

gently caress, I love this comic.
This and last update's final AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA panel were so good.

SexyBlindfold posted:

I love that Allison's superpower is being really, really good at not knowing what the everloving gently caress she's doing
It works well with her getting totally fed up with cryptic bullshit.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Oxxidation posted:

conquering all obstacles through the power of being a furious dumbass.
The best power!

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
I can't cope with that picture. I keep coming back to the thread, giggle for a bit, and then go back to what I was doing.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

whowhatwhere posted:

Literally voted thread five for that picture.
Same, but also because papoose is a fun word.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

One Hundred Monkeys posted:

Seriously, though, I wonder what's up with the hammer guy. His weapon was much bigger last time we saw him.
The essence of its hammer-ness remains the same but compressed into a smaller area. Eventually it will collapse into a hammer singularity and be able to construct or destroy anything.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Roland Jones posted:

Hell yes. I can't stop laughing.

Don't put up with their bullshit, Allison.
Of course she won't. She chose King.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Kaninrail posted:

Cut them into happy shapes.
Bob Ross was always addressing Royalty on the The Joy of Painting.

"This is your world."

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Redeye Flight posted:

I'm not 100% convinced that Felicia is just going to walk blindly into whatever THE DOOR is for this heist. She's clearly been around this block before.
Maybe she has 9 lives to go with her cat motif, and she's a pro at "this door requires a human sacrifice to open" in addition to normal lockpicking and other shenanigans.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
This page reminds me of one of my favorite aspects of Astral Aves: making pacts and/or defusing situations with strange, otherworldly beings by being polite.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
After I finished this page, I literally said aloud "Holy poo poo. Meti owns." Like, we've known that for ages, ever since her sword manual was first quoted, but this page is A+ good.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Maya is far and away my favorite character and I think she's stealthily kind of the main character, honestly. Not that I don't still REALLY love the main cast.
Auntie Maya is also my favorite character, and that's an enormously high bar to clear in this comic.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
We don't deserve Cryophage, but I'm happy they're here.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Hostile V posted:

KICK HIM IN THE JIMMY!
Kick dudes in the dick!

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
This is fantastic

3 posted:

and now i die
Worth it

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
"Tranquility, firing."

:bisonyes:

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
These are extremely fun, and I'm glad you're making them.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
This is a fantastic update. Nice work!

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
I love this so much.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
Holy poo poo
My boy 10 Vigilant Gaze Purges the Horizon

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
I imagine 10 Vigilant Gaze's theme being something with a lot of horns. Like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG_0fak-7y4 for example.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

3 posted:

This is gonna be the last bit of self-promotion I'll do in this thread since this is no longer KSBD-adjacent, but I know some folks were interested in my next project so here it is: A Distant Sky, updates M-W-F. Thanks to everyone who has enjoyed reading my nonsense over the last six months!
Immediately in my bookmarks.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Mindblast posted:

Someone posted at some point what Gog's story was, but I don't know if that version of the story is still canon. It boiled down to her dying as a normal human, filled with regret and obsession. These emotions were so powerful that the worms eating her corpse got cursed and gained sentience. She then devoured that universe's world in its entirety. A demiurge used a key to open the gate to this world, and was not prepared for what they found. Gog devoured them and effectively absorbed the key without knowing what it was, and was now no longer contained to their original universe. It also suggests she may not even be using the power of the key. She could easily not even know know how to (fully) use it, relying on the power of the original curse. She also may not know what she truly is: a magic copy imbued on a different life form. She still thinks she's the original.
Swamp-Athing

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Shoehead posted:

She'll split the atom with a high kick, baby!
She's a master, 'cause she practices daily.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
So happy to have more of Cool Grandpa Angel.

pseudorandom name posted:

10 Vigilant gaze can pet four kittens simultaneously.
:kimchi:

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Who What Now posted:

Meti would probably tell you she's not qualified to teach anything, and Sword Law especially.
I bet she would (grudgingly) admit she's qualified to teach people to bring her booze (and sometimes noodles).

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

W.T. Fits posted:

Speaking as someone who grew up speaking English as my native tongue, this is all an absolutely fair and correct assessment. :hmmyes:

I forget where, but sometime either in high school or college, I heard it said that English doesn't borrow words from other languages, it drags other languages into dark alleys, beats them up, then rifles through their pockets looking for loose grammar.
I could have sworn it was Pratchett (it's got that bite that a lot of his writing does), but apparently it was James Nicoll.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Finnish :finland:

it is not
I have seen entire treatises in the Newspaper Comics threads trying to explain the wordplay in a single Fingerpori comic.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Ridcully is kind of Royalty, when you think about it.
"The wizards thought they would be getting the sort of countryside wizard who talks to birds in soft voices, wears brown and reveres mother nature (y'know, a push over).

What they got was someone who shoots birds (and anything else), talks at a consistent shout, wears jogging suits and has about as much respect for mother nature as he does for the members of the faculty (which is not a lot). Early attempts to bump off Ridcully resulted in the ambitious Wizard being stabbed with his own knife, having his head repeatedly slammed in doors or being surreptitiously shot with a crossbow.
"

Yeah, that checks out.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
Also, I feel like being able to create a condiment that can raise the dead is pretty royal.

(Wow-wow sauce is a hell of a drug)

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Donkringel posted:

So all these names are from discworld?

Does anyone know how the audiobooks are?
The older books are mostly read by Nigel Planer, and he's fine.
The more recent ones are mostly read by Stephen Briggs, and I like him a lot more.

As a whole, I think the Discworld audiobooks are a great way to experience the series (aside from a few things where Pratchett used typography and layout very deliberately, like in Reaper Man where an entire page was filled by a single word).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
How is this comic just consistently the coolest poo poo?
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1360436781439733760