Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
who was it that said that if Allison care bear stares her problems then they're loving leaving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Roland Jones posted:

As much of a jerk as she can be (though honestly she has some very legitimate grievances with Cio and Allison both), 000001 is quite the badass. Mouthing off to Mottom like that is pretty awesome, even if it's probably going to get her splattered.

She also intercepted the opening blow of a Godfight.

Even if it was meant as a polite greeting, that's still a thing.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

who among us hasn't thought "man, I wish my chainsaw had a longer reach"

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Dr Cheeto posted:

Layla Brimstone rides her rifle like a goddamn broom, I'm screaming

I swear we'd seen this before.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Kai Tave posted:

Of course the devils are stealing the ship.

frankly I'm embarrassed I didn't predict it

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Mr. Lobe posted:

Ah yes, the vaunted K6BD/Oglaf crossover

oh my god

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Oscar, you magnificent rear end in a top hat.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Grishka posted:

New title is a completely necessary purchase after that page. I think Oscar's poses and expressions make this one of my favorite pages done.

yeah, in particular the transition from "jolly cheery, if highly homicidal, demon-bro" to "hm, i have some concerns that he might actually be a bad man" in that last panel with nothing but a shift in perspective is great

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Patware posted:

oskar was so obviously an archbaddie from the jump that i'm surprised people are even acting like it's a reveal

I never thought he wasn't Bad, but the art juxtaposition is pretty great.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

i would like next week's lottery numbers please

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

paranoid randroid posted:

given everything we've seen about the way devils conduct business, this falls 100% under "turnabout is fair play" stipulations

not even oskar is that put out by it.

he’s probably mostly annoyed it’s not a devil shooting him

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

I just realized that I never thought of saying "dress for the job you want" about Oscar

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

Gog Agog is explicitly the media mogul amongst the demi urges. I think I remember reading they even have their own talk show?

There's no way it isn't dystopian as poo poo, like all the other demiurges kingdoms.

i'm visualizing the second black mirror episode

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Tollymain posted:

oh son of a bitch, ys = god of all that (y)s and un the god of things that that are not things, or you could say, un-things

:stare:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

A tournament is an extremely artificial situation where rules are imposed on the actions of people who (in this case) have no reason to submit to them. It's nearly always employed to suit a story teller who couldn't think of a better way to have certain characters come into contact without most of them being wiped out.

I'm not entirely certain this is the case, it could be "we have set aside a world for a series of 1v1 matches. Go hog wild."

Whereupon Solomon David incinerates his way to and through the finals by Royalizing everyone he faces.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

please do not spoil Cio's strategy, thank you

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Roland Jones posted:

If she spent it fast enough it could have still been worth something.

Anyway, good to see that Cat Master and Charon are still alive; they were visibly less hosed up by Oscar than the others, Cat Master barely looking hurt in particular, so it definitely seemed to me like they were meant to possibly still be alive; it'd have been a shame if they were actually dead after that.

Charon, Cat Master, and Cat Master's employer are still alive.

And no, I don't mean Oscar.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

yessssss

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Aurium posted:

Size of your beard determines seniority on the council.

It's entirely possible at least one of them is, in fact, a lady with a prosthetic beard. Let's get all Lhankhor Mhy on this poo poo.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

loving hell the font was tiny in the first book. A quick check shows it gradually increasing over time. Trends indicate that by the climax of the last book, everyone will be speaking in size 24 comic sans.

There was a story at some point where a dispute between two women was resolved under Solomon's justice. It didn't work out well for either of them really.

The lady who was telling the truth escaped prostitution through Imperial education and employment and her only punishment was six months of hard labor. :colbert:

And her baby became a ward of the state, so presumably it went pretty well for the baby too.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

I want to know what's in Zaid's little sash-pouch.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

"The virtuous society first envisioned by the Demiurges."

That is very, very interesting.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

thatbastardken posted:

Solomon basically thinks of himself as a Bodhisattva which is hella arrogant.

:stare:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Ashcans posted:

The Rats in the Walls is actually about the existential horror of discovering that you may have an Irish ancestor.

i knew there was a reason i related to the protagonist

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Bongo Bill posted:

Solomon David creates suffering without realizing it so that he can make himself feel good+strong by relieving it. His people work themselves to the bone for his sake, but the benefit is not his glory (as they think) but his pride. He doesn't have to stage a scene like this for Zaid, because this scene plays out wherever he goes and his entire civilization is designed to create scenes like this. The demiurges change their worlds to suit their self-image, because they're all-powerful narcissists.

I wish to reference once more the Parable of Solomon David And The Baby. All things considered, it was a somewhat reasonable judgement and it's definitely better to reside in Dave's seventh than Mottom's (and maybe Mammon's, because, well, bankers), but, well.

“The Star Emperor is a man of great stature, with an oiled beard and stern countenance. He does not concern himself, as his kin do, with plotting and scheming against each other, but chiefly with the exercise of ruling. His primary concern is justice. His subjects live fairly, peaceably, and one might say even well, if not for the heavy blade of the law constantly grazing the tender skin of their necks.”

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

M. Propagandalf posted:

He's not himself when he's hungry.

Well yeah, if he overuses his nephesh he'll drive himself from reason.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

avshalemon posted:

yes i am implying that gog-agog will have her sexy moment and if she doesn't i will ragequit

this but unironically

avshalemon posted:

i am now a gay man

there is a gay man inside every one of us

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Sep 19, 2018

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

I mean, her sin is Envy, and she’s a pile of worms who clearly cares quite a bit about appearing human and being a patron of human culture. Those facts alone seem to tell you a fair amount.

I have a suspicion that the only reason she became a Demiurge was because the cool kids were doing it and she imitated them so well that she succeeded.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Poltergrift posted:

I think the problem with the Celestial Empire is its punitive, draconian legal system. The one court case we've gotten details on led to literally every person involved -- both plaintiffs and the defendant -- receiving punishment. It's peaceful, and the ziggurats run on time, but you can be sentenced to hard labor for sleeping with a soldier and executed for perjury, and that seems sufficiently wicked to me.

Abaddon's line (from the beginning of this chapter?) went something like "Solomon David's subjects live peacefully, and perhaps even well, but for the heavy blade of the Law constantly grazing the tender skin of their necks."

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

it has been pretty much universally stated that the devil pacts were an insanely stupid idea. the underlying theme of the comic is not 'that nice man is really going to give you the free shortcut to incredible power!'

explain Incubus, then

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

President Ark posted:

five bucks says the visitor is solomon david

I mean, he's the only ki rata grandmaster we know of.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

slowboat, I love your Incubanalysis and I think I'm on board

edit: and on the jealous of Maya thing, I actually also kinda like the idea that he wants to put Allison in charge, be recognized and acclaimed as the guy that made it happen, and then retire on a high note because then his glory will never be challenged

he probably can't, but maybe he's telling himself that's the plan

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Feb 14, 2019

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

SniperWoreConverse posted:

gog is such a hosed up creep it's gonna be cool when she gets real screentime

I can't wait to see how Abbadon tops Evil Enkidel.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Joe Slowboat posted:

Based on metaphorical flashback images they all were demiurges before the war (or at least before the war reached Throne proper).
I imagine they were all relatively minor until they fought and survived their way to the top of the heap.
Except Gog-Agog who's been implied to be unspeakably old and a huge mess, no idea what that's about.

I figure Gog-Agog has a whole ship of theseus thing going on with her sentient worm colony, and therefore was both functionally immortal and functionally unkillable BEFORE the whole Royalty and Key of Kings business.

Phy posted:

the pyf forum quotes thread is talking about avs, and it got me thinking

I don't know precisely what royalty is, and possibly never will, but I do know avs embodies the concept better than anyone else around here

truth

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Feb 16, 2019

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

shirts and skins posted:

Yeah this definitely says "Solomon attempts a peace conference" to me. Some old council meeting hall in Throne, a neutral spot. Doesn't seem to be going well.

this looks an awful lot like solomon's council chamber though

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

that's hardly fair, dave, jadis isn't mocking the council at all

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Oh my god, I can see balloons, stilts, and an elephant. Gog-Agog's followers are a circus troupe

and her day job is the most popular entertainment show in the multiverse

i imagine that when we learn more about her realm it'll be both hilarious and horrifying

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Years from now, the Gog-Agog chapter will be a wonderful mix of hilarious, amazing and horrifying.

dagnabbit

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Poltergrift posted:

Gog-Agog's court featuring literal clowns is so much better than what I was imagining.

i'm also wondering if the chainsaw dudes revved up in case of conflict or if, like, they're just always on

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Hostile V posted:

I am so ready for Alison and friends to all have to reveal to each other that they all actually secretly individually enjoy LARPing and Gog-A-Gog's realm is just a dream come true for all of them to just have a whole little adventure together.

that's how she gets you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

wiegieman posted:

Nah, Jagganoth's the final boss. Maybe Maya, if she's waiting to swoop in at an opportune moment, but we still don't know what her deal is.

i figure the final boss, other than Al-Yisun's own lack of enlightenment, is probably Metatron

he and 2 Michael (and Zoss) are the ones playing the big game here, and I suspect they have something up their sleeve to handle Jagganoth if it becomes necessary

Jagganoth was Metatron's original omnicide scheme but Metatron presumably intended to rebuild after Jagganoth wiped out the rest of the annoying multiverse