Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Oh cool this comic has a thread. I discovered it about three months ago and I'm pretty :stare: about this whole thing.

Personally I hope she goes for the nuclear option over this bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

The whole universe around the comic is pretty well done, is there a good resource to peruse to learn more about it? I want to know why the angels have numbers and how Earth has escaped notice so far.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

So are all the universes infinite or can they range from infinite to the size of a meadow with a tree on a hill?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Everything is division, right? The first god divided himself, then the next two divided themselves and so fourth. Somehow that ended up in an indivisible number (sevens) but crucially, the wheel was built and so is probably itself part of a division.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Archenteron posted:

Each universe is a story told by a god. Ys-Voya was a god(dess). A universe that is Birds.

God said let there be light, said a bunch of other stuff and then he died and his essence empowered the garden of Eden, allowing it to become Earth.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I'm pretty sure the choice is gonna be forced on Allison here. The thorn angel will show up and the ensuing fight will result in the destruction of the murder tree. Who knows how Mottom will react though.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

So, if I'm understanding the magic system right, the best way to avoid getting PERISH-ed by somebody using the Red-White Art is to believe in yourself, that is to say the concept of yourself, super loving hard?

Also I sincerely hope another big-rear end melee like the one in the last chapter happens in the tree room, where a dozen angry badasses duke it out while simultaneously trying to capture or kill Allison with White Chain defending her while Mottom is distracted by 6 Juggernaut Star.

Soon to be 7* Juggernaut Star.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Allison burns the tree-husband. Mottom loses her poo poo and they start a fight, PERISH doesn't work. Something explodes, the two angels show up and thorn dude falls in love with Allison and now the party has 4 members.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

MikeJF posted:

Looks like she figured out how to harness Power with a capital P. That was sooner than I was expecting.

I think this is more the power mirroring her intent. She uses a strike of white lightning which I assume is meant to represent pure, unrefined power and she's just winging it.

The other Demiurges use their powers more subtly.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Are we going to get a huge multi page update or what?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I noticed she stands counter to the big red dude. Is it likely that she will steal Mottoms power and become a Demiurge by murdering Mottom and toppling her throne? (throwing down her castle)

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Cutting is inherently destruction and reduction. When you cut the world into shapes you reduce or divide it each time. When is one of these gods going to start creating things?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

It's me. I'm the lovely one.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Gunnerkrigg Court is the only other comic I read that matches this in story and art.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

paranoid randroid posted:

also by Kylo Ren being a giant baby

oh wait he already is :twisted:

Kilo Ren is unironically my favorite Star Wars character.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

'What if, like, the power was inside me all along?'

Edit:6 Juggernaut Star Scours The Universe is the most ridiculously metal name ever. I love everything about the angels in this universe.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

So wait. All these people's names are prophecies or predictions right? So what is the implication of White Chains name? Allisons powers manifest as white lightning, a white spear, white fist etc. What if White Chains name is symbolic of her (it) being tied to Alisson's destiny?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

This is the dumb motherfucker right here.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

aegof posted:

To be fair, how do you even recognize an angel in this crowd.

They're made from stone and fire?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Where can I order the print edition?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

The hand could be White Chain's covered in blood, but the color matches Mottom's skin and it could just be her youth peeling off again.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

So what's the red glow?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

MikeJF posted:

It's not, but it's possible for a death in the real world to trigger a void-death if it's sudden and damaging enough, which accounts for most of White Chain's most recent resets. This might count, but I'm not expecting it, I think we'll be stuck with Jugs causing trouble for a while.

I dunno. Jugs literally got sundered in twain. I doubt that cutting an angels body with the angel inside doesn't mean it's spirit got cut too.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

He didn't just get by by being an angel, though. Even among angels, he's a straight-up monster, as evidenced by him becoming leader of the most violent angel faction via violence and still not managing to die that often. White Chain is an 83, and even she hasn't seen anywhere near the level and intensity of combat that Juggernaut Star has. I get that there are bigger players out there, like Jagganoth and Metatron (and most of the tougher demiurges), but Juggs feels like a tough mid-boss rather than a starting jobber, if you get me.

I'm not surprised that Maya obliterated him. She's had Really Bad News written all over her from day one, and is placed opposite freakin' Jagganoth in the prophecy. I'm just surprised that he didn't really get to do more first.

Hey he completely wrecked that one teacup.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

So is maya gonna catch up and teach allisons how to cut?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

The power to end the hunger of others. Eternally.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

PFlats posted:

I'm kinda hoping Allison ports herself right back into the middle of her roommates.

I was hoping for that to happen too, preferably along with 82 White Chain for maximum hilarity.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

There's actually a french comic about a kid with no arms or legs kicking rear end with psychic powers: Alef-Thau. It's part of that wave of weird sci-fi comics that started in the 70s/80s like the Incal.

French comics are crazy. When I was a teenager I read a whole bunch that got translated to Danish that I found in my library like Darkmoon Chronicles, Meta Barons, Wake, Gipsy and a bunch of others I don't remember. I have tried on and off to find them online but most of them are out of print which is sad.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Speaking of crazy French comics, is there a thread for locating comics you don't remember the name of? There was one series I read about a generic hero guy, an old man and his two magical daughters going on adventures with their pet troll.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Cat Mattress posted:

Lanfeust de Troy?

Spot on, cheers!

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I hope we get more White Chain and Cio interaction with Alisson in the future. I don't even care if it's just lore dumps.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Jugs is gonna make a body/wheel return and fulfil this threads fantasies because he was literally cut in two.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

M. Propagandalf posted:

I pre-ordered against Amazon.ca's release date of 13 Sep, and I don't have my copy yet.

Contacted them to find out it's been sold out, and they're getting restocked either end of this month/early next month.

:canada:

That sucks dude. I'll have to pick up a few copies for Christmas but I think I'll have them sent to my mothers address in Denmark.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

If Allison teleports her party I really hope she goes back to her flat. I want to see her roommates freak out about the weird cosplayers she met in the Grand Canyon.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

It's gonna be hard to keep up the cosplayers excuse when there's a whole loving (magical and flying) ship sticking out of her window.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

She actually went to Burning Man and took too many drugs.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Royalty is kinda awful and oppressive in this setting.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

1 Dead Once or Naught?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Grognan posted:

Holy poo poo I think they ARE going to the apartment.

That would be so wonderful :allears:

It's honestly a good way to bring the drama down a little bit after this 'OH poo poo gently caress poo poo poo poo poo poo' chapter. Give Allison a chance to calm down and try to deal with her weird angel and demon friends and introduce her soon to be conquered Earth.