Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Who What Now posted:

Nobody said he was starving.

"Starving artist" is a common expression. It's not meant literally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
A good thread, or a good comic, you can't have both. That's how SA works.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

KaosMachina posted:

I think you'll find that's not quite the case.

I will take my wall-covering sized book, please. How I will fit it out the door of most major retailers is another question.

We will finally see all the details of those establishing shots!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
We don't know exactly what's in these sacks. Maybe those are special gold pieces which are so rare that there were only a couple of sacks in the whole vault.
It stands to reason that if you break into a heavily fortified vault with incomprehensible riches, you'd only take the stuff which is worth the most.

Then again, this is probably not just a situation, where the money will be worth less, but a total market collapse. Massive layoffs, starving children and all that fun stuff. But I guess that world wasn't that great in the first place.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
That bridge must be really inconvenient for the ships. Sol is the kind of guy who creates logistic nightmares for his people, because it's more pleasant to look at.

I hope that guy Allison is trying to safe isn't an rear end in a top hat. Imagine if they finally meet and he demands the key which he thinks belongs to him. Then he tops it off with saying that she's his girlfriend so she has to obey him, because the men know what's best.
We really don't know anything about him, right? For all I know he's just a douchebag who wanted to sleep with a sorority girl because it gives him cred.
So far we didn't really learn anything new either, since Sol-Dave likes to hear himself talk too much, while whatshisname barely answers anything.

Edit: Oh right he introduced himself on the previous page. Zaid.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Sep 9, 2018

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Kai Tave posted:

Zaid isn't even gonna remember Allison. She hosed up 2/7ths of creation for this guy and when they finally meet again his first words to her are gonna be "wait, you're who?"

"Oh waitaminute! You're one of those sorority chicks I hooked up with, the evening I got sent here. Audrey, right? You did something with your hair. How's that hot redhead doing by the way? Well, it's been fun catching up, but I have important business to attend to. I am the chosen one and deserve tremendous power, but I have to kill some woman who stole that. I don't think you'd understand. I'll call ya sometime, if I deem you worthy. Don't get fat."

I know it probably wont be this way, but the idea that Allison started a transdimensional war, which shifted the order of a large chunk of the multiverse, just to safe the worlds biggest douche really amuses me.

"That's the guy ya tried saving? We did all that for him?"

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Sep 9, 2018

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Can someone remind me, why that little splash introduces Mottom as "Queen Nadia Om"? Is Mottom some title? I do remember that she took over the business of her late husband.
Nadia is such a nice name. She should go by that again.

Actually, reading the fan wiki clears that up. Mottom just means Mother Om.

By the way, do you remember how her main motivation for keeping the status quo was Yagganoth would destroy the multiverse if there was just the slightest fraction between the other six lords? She certainly lost that particular fear.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Sep 9, 2018

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I'm sure the president of the United States of America would agree.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

That little guy must be so unnerved. A crazy lady messes up his shrine then asks about his troubles while brandishing the Atum equivalent of a gun nuke.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Uhhh guys

guys

I'm honestly not sure what you want to imply. Is it that some of these women look somewhat similar?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Align with Jagganoth. That guy gets it.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
It seems kinda unlike Sol, to throw his meticulously planned tournament of grand standing out of the window and let it divulge into an unorganized brawl.
If I had paid to sit in the audience I'd be kinda annoyed at this development. Also, I bet there are a loot of bookies who have to explain their really angry customers that all bets are invalid now. But I guess Slomo isn't really huge on gambling in his totalitarian paradise, anyway.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

That's a great side comic and I hope Abbadon saves all of these, to present them in a worthy matter.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

3 posted:

His name is Lucius Sumac and he's an entry who didn't make it into the tourney but whose design I really liked (and used with permission from his creator)

Man, Carmen Sandiego is looking a bit rough there.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
This is really quite hot.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Now they just need to wear White Chain as an armor and eat a worm.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I am still astonished by this incredible character design. I really love it and it fills me with joy looking at this. And I love how this "drat" implies that both characters are incredibly turned on by looking at themselves.

Fun fact: Allicio is Latin for attract, lure or entice. It's really fitting.

I want more of this comic. I want to see cool extravagant fighting moves and reaction shots from every established character.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Just imagine her deciding to get back to being a barista after all of this.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Now the final entries in that competition will end really anticlimatic because some jerk is casually destroying the whole arena in a few seconds.

Seriously, it's been a few days, but the big angel was just in the middle of his giant accusation when this happened.

Has it been established, what's down there? It looks unpleasant and I'd assume a ringout is a loss, but is it deadly?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

wiegieman posted:

I'm pretty sure the answer any angel gives to "which martial arts do you know" is "all of them."

Except KiRata

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Cat Mattress posted:

Pretty sure the only thing that'd make the thread unhappy is Allison dumping Cio to shack back up with Zaid.

Cio dumping Allison to randomly shack up with Zaid. Does anyone actually care for that damsel? He has no established character. Imagine if their genders were reversed.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
What if Cio pops back out and the key just sticks with her?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Why are you gendering White Chain as female? They are clearly trying to identify as male. And isn't the personal identity more important than other factors? Sure, that identity is based on internalized dogmata to the point of brainwashing and feels wrong, but shouldn't we respect WCs stated opinion?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

M_Gargantua posted:

Because the only people who don’t gender WC as female are her fellow angels who dislike her showing femininity

Well, WC is kinda part of that group, in that regard.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Huh, I guess WC would be kinda bad at adapting her fighting style, if someone were to know them quite well.

But yeah, I dunno, is White Chain ridiculously strong by angel standards? Or maybe just lower average? Maybe Alicio will manage to defeat her only to fall from one punch by that other angel. And that guy just gets obliterated by Solomon standing within 20 foot. Every other competitor in this tournament kinda sucked.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

uh, bad news buddy...

Building a hermetically sealed biodome is the best way to get away from space. I hate that place!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Ashcans posted:

We're all in space, it's just a matter of how big and how organic your spacecraft happens to be.

Speak for yourself, fool! One day we all will live in domes consisting of artificial molecules created with energy harvested from different dimensions, as the prophecies foretold.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I just wanted to point out that this comic is really pretty. Has anyone been made aware of that yet? I think more people should know that.
Abbadon even managed to make that full frontal view incredibly great.

Also it's kinda funny how everyone assumed that Allicio recognized that moveset from training. In truth WC is kinda just a boring one trick pony who tries the exact same attack combo twice in succession.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Feb 1, 2020

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

3 posted:

I made a new KSBD/RoP themed song to go along with the new Moonshot page, but also because I'm apparently incapable of not writing goofy parody music about the things I enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orROrkwUBpw

Really not bad. That voice has a fun cadence.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Shoehead posted:

:o I love her

Also I just noticed this

:kimchi:
I love this page. Ally looks genuinely happy here. That really doesn't happen a lot and it feels so good to see her this way.

What I'm saying is, "She should smile more."

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
That other angel looks like he's a bit bored there. I still don't really know what he's up to. Right now he seems like some kind of spoil sport. Those girls can't go all out, because that might exhaust them enough to get beat up by that one.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Glagha posted:

White Chain wasn't trying to kill Allicio.

She entered her "only one survivor" stance. She might have stopped at some point but the signal is pretty clear.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Now OtherAngel will just slap WC and we will see the fight we truly wanted. Solomon David vs That Guy.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

That look like a fun band of misfits. I want to hear about their adventures.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Allison can toallty take that dude.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6KmiIq2-m8

Be sure to try the other way around too!

This is really fun!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVehv_LDWaE
Try it at 1.25 speed.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Apr 22, 2020

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I don't even see what that dude wants. Those hands are nice.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
So basically, Solo can fight with any style and chooses to take the one of his opponents know best, to mock them. That's quite in character for him.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Slashrat posted:

I like to think he didn't actually know it beforehand and just mastered WC's style from scratch overnight.

Even better. This is the first time he really looked at that fighting style and just from the way WC's body moved at the opening stance, he managed to find out every single technique she might use. He's like a super-taskmaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

rannum posted:

"Impressive, a Difficult Style. But You are clearly a master" this loving guy i swear

I'd rank it among the 20 most sophisticated styles I mastered this year.