Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I'd be pretty funny if it rewound Allison to "back before she started dyeing her hair and working out."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
6 Juggernaut Star rightly scoffs at the ephemerality of human tea rituals. His personal tea set is hewn from stabilized neutron-degenerate matter; indestructible, and lifting one of the thousand ton cups requires the strength of an angel or god. He's used it to kill two hundred and thirty two sentient beings, so far.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
This does give a certain insight into why, when Allison asked Mottom why she didn't just kill her and take the key of kings, Mottom basically said, "...nah. I'm not gonna do that."

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Tetracube posted:

Seems like the fruit reverts her personality as well as her appearance.

That would at least provide an explanation for how she went along "Nyahahaha!!! Does my appearance frighten you, girl?" -> "Why is a question of the weak" -> "I have to do this because of that rear end in a top hat Jagganoth" -> "Come, let me make you an offer" -> "None of this is really my fault, you know" -> "Actually it's not so much an offer as begging for the sweet release of death" over the course of a few hours. Which is a little dissonant to say the least.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Jun 19, 2016

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
^^^ One might say that Allison will make Throne great again.

When you cut the world as you please, and cut yourself into greater forms still, conformity to prophecy is probably not only optional, but highly discouraged.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

According to Abaddon's Tumblr, Jagganoth is a giant, lonely nerd who has never known love.

That raises the possibility of an absolutely amazing arc.

Kill Six Billion E/N: This week, Allison incinerates 214 Friend Zone Never Dates Nice Guys with white lightning.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I'm not sure Allison actually needs a sword, but she'll probably come to very much like the idea of a sword.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jul 26, 2016

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Lasting Damage posted:

Wait a minute. Am I parsing that last panel correctly? Is that blood on the side of Maya's head, under her hair? Does she sheath the Maybe Sword in her skull?

I think an observer is going to have hard time figuring out what blood came from which person in that room.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Given that Cio appears to be riding into frame atop the mast of some sort of ridiculous flying ship, I suspect Mottom may be about to catch a dangerously campy case of "shaking her fist at the retreating backs of our bloodied heroes, screaming that they cannot escape the inevitable."

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

If a demiurge isn't capable of shooting a flying ship out of the sky then that's a pretty lousy ruler of 1/7 of existence, IMO

What, and risk killing her one ticket out of emo queendom?

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

Notably, Mottom's halo disappeared once she hesitated.
It's a nice touch.

Royalty is achieved through seven shots of vodka. Or massive blood loss.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
TBH I'd guess all this royalty business isn't as much a coherent philosophy the author is trying to articulate through is fight-ladies web comic as it is some cold-blooded poo poo for his characters to say to a motherfucker before dropping white fire on them.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

You'd think Cio would stop getting shocked that Allison has no idea what she's getting herself into.
More likely that Cio has TOTALLY LEGITIMATE and PERSONAL reasons that she can't be seen anywhere near the Treasure Fortress, reasons WHOLLY UNRELATED to her alleged past as a Larcenist and Plunderer Extraordinaire, accusations which have never been proven I might add, so why don't we forget this whole Treasure Fortress nonsense and move on to sexier and more exciting heroine business, OK?

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Never meet your heroes? No. Never meet your fanbase.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

A big flaming stink posted:

someone repost the "hurrr im a human" edit for jugs

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Who What Now posted:

Does anybody have the Tasty Burg edit?

Just click the fuckin question mark next to his name.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

ElMaligno posted:

Layla just went to a farm.
A FARM IN THE GROUND

Also, I'm severely disappointed about Juggernaut Star bitching out like this. Uncounted aeons is long enough to solve the conflict between your self-image and the facade you present to the rest of the world wheel. :colbert:

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I'm glad of the change. While rolling over and showing her emotional underbelly to the heroine made sense for Mottom, it makes a bit less sense for an immortal zealot of white fire, embarked on an omnicidal quest for unknown ages. IMO the original verson diminished 6 Juggernaut as an antagonist.

JT Jag posted:

Looking at the updated version of the page Jugg's new line is just fine, but I'd have preferred Maya reacting to what she saw. Perhaps saying "Your fa-" and then getting cut off by Juggernaut, who doesn't acknowledge it at all.
It's quite possible Maya doesn't know or doesn't understand what fleeting glimpse she saw, and is probably cautious enough not to bring attention to it until she does.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Schwarzwald posted:

Presumably teal Allison is just a particularly large specimen of the various other Allisons scrambling about the inside of her mind. However, because of the position of teal Allison on the page and because of her exceptional size, it's ambiguous if that's truly one of the several Allisons or if it's the actual corpus of Allison, her eye turned 180 to view the inside of her head. Perhaps the viewpoint isn't outside of teal Allison looking in, but within teal Allison's skull looking out.

It's a really clever visual illusion.
Only if you think people have bangs of hair on the inside of their skull.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

YggiDee posted:

Honestly I'm surprised he has a physical body at all.

This. Much less one that looks like his dream-self.

Also, I like to imagine that he's absent-mindedly humming the Sailor Moon theme in the last panel.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Reene posted:

Flame also ruins what it touches, sooo...

Maybe the coal and tinder see it that way, but the blade knows that the flame gives it shape and strength.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Mazerunner posted:

that was some different chump, Ryu-tem-Ryam

which I suppose doesn't technically mean he couldn't be Incubus but I doubt it

OTOH, the guy called "Incubus" being sans cock would be par for the course in KSBD. Might also be an opportunity to reveal the fate of Meti and tie in Maya somehow.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
On the one hand, yeah, this is almost certainly not going to end well for Allison.

On the other, she seems to be the third rail of the Universe that people can't help poking, least of all the Seven, so it's probably not going to end well for Incubus either.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Reene posted:

I know she was really vulnerable and stuff but it honestly feels a bit like she jumped to "hell yeah gently caress me up fam" a bit too quickly in that sequence in my useless opinion

From the reader's perspective, we know that Incubus is an absolutely terrible person to be cutting deals with, but from Allison's perspective everyone she's met since coming to throne has been trying to take advantage of her, more or less transparently, in one way or another. She just got done with Cio getting all creepy on her, and of her four crew, the pilot is the only one who has not previously tried to dominate her will or physically abduct her. Really, dealing with Incubus is only a little less insane than letting 82 White Chain Knows Best For You and The Artist Formerly Known as Vladok hang around.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Feb 7, 2017

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Funny how Incubus' crown/halo has only appeared in dreams so far.

ElMaligno posted:

because she is the only drunk female character

Has it ever been established that Meti is out of the game?

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
^^^ I know, right?

JT Jag posted:

litterers are cast into pits full of the hungry dead, to learn their lesson about sullying my perfect cities. I don't see a problem. :colbert:
TBH, I don't really see a problem either.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

I'm unsure if Incubus' speech is faltering because he's intimidated by Jagganoth or because saying out loud to himself what Allison is and has has made him reconsider the implications

I was thinking it was partially this and partially the reality of his gamble setting in. Every wildlife biologist knows that tigers are extremely dangerous predators, but understanding this in the abstract or seeing one at the zoo is different from being alone in a room with one as it gets up and stares at you.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

it's not about them being mean people cackling and taking candy from babies, except the ones who do do that because Throne is an ecumenical gathering of assholes; it's about them being smart, extremely powerful monsters whose very nature is antithetical to the wellbeing of any non-devils hanging out around them, and especially anyone trying to boss them around. ionizing radiation is a morally neutral agent of chaos too, smart people still don't have a beer with it.

"Let's give the all-corrupting black flame that burns beneath the universe a face, a voice, and a personality."
-Humans

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

yeah but they probably don't teach it at the mall dojo
On the contrary, you can teach the deadliest discipline in the cosmos to as many as you like. After all, the deadlier it is, the fewer of the poor students will survive to besmirch your name, and the deaths of the better ones will be even more noteworthy.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
:lol: she still doesn't get it.

Cio: "Old devils, like me, are hunger incarnate. Our most fundamental desire is to consume mortals, soul and flesh, to grow, to become ever more powerful, to expand ourselves, our domain, our race."
Allison: "But you're still my friend, right?"

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

They probably noticed that Allison has a giant glowing Fragment Of God in her forehead and figured Yabby was up to her old tricks of trying to snag herself some Godpower.

She is :ssh:

choobs posted:

Also, in that second link, Cio mentioned that during Yabalchoath's Grand Adventure that she went through 15 slaves a day. I thought at the time she meant she was killing them via abuse/overworking... But now that we know about what goes on in the White Eyed Lady.... I feel like she might have been doing something else with them...

She was literally drinking their blood out of a Flava Flav goblet in panel 2.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
So, does getting just utterly punked by a mortal mean you have to give up your seat on the Heretic's Court?

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Also what the hell kind of business relationship has a desk with drawers on the client side?

You'll find that all the necessary papers are already in the drawer to your left.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
:lol:, nice save there, Cio.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Reene posted:

theorychat: he's omnipresent, hence imprisonment being a "formality."

true omnipresence doesn't care about piffling things like space. of course he knows what you're thinking. he's in your head too.
More likely he knows and experiences everything that lesser devils know and experience, and may not be meaningfully distinguishable from them. Masked devils, although appearing to be distinct entities, are merely innumerable heads of the hydra that is the hot black flame. (Lesser devils may not even be aware of this fact, believing themselves to be conscious and free willed; freeing His consciousness from his last name made Himself aware of it.) Hence he imprisons Himself, and his imprisonment is merely a formality. Also why His permission is needed to take lesser devils on a robbery with serious ramifications.

Himself has only definitively stated knowledge of Cio's mind; Allison's thought process was pretty easy to guess just by loking at her face.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Jun 11, 2017

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

Now if he talks about something Allison did on Earth, that will be a full on oh poo poo moment.

It'd just lead to endless debates about art errors that suggest one of her roommates is actually a devil.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
It makes me unreasonably happy that the elevator in the White-Eyed Woman has a cheerful little bell. It's the small things that really make a fortress of evil stand out.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Tollymain posted:

its at the very least insanely difficult to actually murder a devil in throne

Even assuming this is true, and you aren't thinking of angels,

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
If you consider Cio's relationship to Allison to be friendship, you need better friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
She's a loving devil who is conspiring to consume Allison, body and soul, and steal the Key of Kings.