Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Maybe they could just kill about three billion demons each. It's not like that wouldn't still keep them busy for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The CYA forum thread version of K6BD had an artifact known as the Coat of Arms whose magic was pretty much granting extra arms on demand to its wearer.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Roland Jones posted:

He apparently was a character in the proto-KSBD that was on the MSPA forums, though.

Yep. He filled the role of both White Chain and Cio, in that he was Allison's supernatural guide and mentor into a world of surreal zaniness.

The story itself is short enough to be read quickly, and it can be interesting just to see how the content changed and was reworked; but the MSPA forums really need something like SA has so you can filter a thread to only see one poster's comment and ignore the rest.

Here, post #206 is Oscar/Dhothuulmell's detailed introduction in the protostory.

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Nov 22, 2015

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Note the same thing, since you only get the first few characters from the post, stripped of their images and other tags. I suppose you could go down this link and middle-click each post to open them all in new tabs, then close the tabs one after another as you read them, but that's a lot less convenient than displaying a thread normally but with posts filtered.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

SexyBlindfold posted:

I love that Allison's superpower is being really, really good at not knowing what the everloving gently caress she's doing

For one moment I wondered if I was in the SFP thread.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
She should name it Mxyzptlk because she's a nerd.

Either that or Mrs. Flooflemittens.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The mask in its original red form is kinda feminine I thought.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

A.o.D. posted:

Finally, seeing as how her name is literally Coca Cola, she was probably busted down by someone from our Earth.

Her being a fanfiction writer is probably also a consequence of an Earthling rebuilding her identity. Taking a mighty devil and going "you are now <joke-reference name> the fanfiction writer and lawn gnome collector!" is a good way to massively depower a scary being.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Giant Ethicist posted:

Ciocie's her full first name. Someone calls her that, um... here.

It's also the page where the hover-text hints what her name really is: "If you pronounce ciocie cioelle in a particular way, a magical name will appear"

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Hypocrisy posted:

How was this guy an Ebon demon when he had a red mask to begin with.

They looked at the color of his skin rather than that of the mask.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

i feel like being outnumbered by your stomach demons could end poorly

Nothing that can't be solved with a glass of holy water and some alka-seltzer.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

7c Nickel posted:

I can easily imagine her looking at our TV broadcasts and Internet memes and going like pffffffff no thanks.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Renaissance Robot posted:

Memory foam is more comfortable to sleep on than a pile of gold, sure, but does it give you the same sense of unparalleled superiority? I think not.

Gotta get your priorities straight dude.

What about a memory foam bed on top of a gigantic pile of gold?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

I love that abaddon used a fan made name generator to get these

It is a good generator, the first result it gave me was "31 Turbulent Gale Questions the Wrathful" which does sound like it would fit in seamlessly. I ran a few more tries and most were pretty nice as well.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

420 Blaze It Smokes Weed Everyday

It's quite a big number, I think this angel's reflexes and combativeness must have been impaired somehow; perhaps through substance abuse.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Such as kangaroos and cassowaries.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

wiegieman posted:

These guys are just sexist jerks.

Yep. See their insistence at referring to White Chain as a "him".

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Devils are formed from part of the feminine black flame and skew heavily feminine in appearance, though they seem much less uptight about changing that as they grow.

Yeah Vladok, for example, was definitely not feminine in the slightest. After losing his mask, he ceased existing as an identity and his replacement is feminine. How much of that is because feminine is the "default" for devils, because of the mask, or because the first name Allison chose was Princess, can be left to speculations. Anyway, Vladok was a he, and Princess Mamoru Moonshine Jagermeister Jack Jack Daniels Timothy Tim Bill Freddy Mercury Blueberry Luna, Esquire is a she.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
"I'm joining the bad guys because they are proactive!"

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I think being an incubus is Incubus' gimmick. Being a dreamworld molester is definitely part of it. Maybe he inflicts sleep apnea/paralysis as well.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Tenebrais posted:

Eventually, sure. By rights it is hers to scour. She doesn't seem to be in much hurry though.

She took one look at it, and thought she must have already had ravaged it and then forgot about it, and then she went looking for some more pristine place to defile.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Too bad 666 was never translated to English, it's a hilarious comic on the theme of a demon invasion getting punked.

Here, a "demogonio" explodes while attempting to measure the degree of demonic influence on a corpse. Yes, the gizmo in question is operated by someone who looks suspiciously like Waldo, working with someone who looks suspiciously like a young Bill Gates.

It was published in 1993, so long before the "over 9000" meme appeared on the Internet.

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Mar 7, 2016

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
So he'll last to see a third page, impressive. Will his luck hold for a fourth page? Probably not, but betting is open!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
A sideway wheel is a tower. O is the same shape as I, depending on your perspective, therefore 1=0. Existence is a dream, which is why it is real.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Go, Allison. Eat the butt-fruit of eternal life.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Poltergrift posted:

A thought: Mottom aged from "queenly woman" to "nightmare Yoda" in the time it took Allison to change clothing (albeit into an impractical outfit). It might be that she's constantly gorging herself because -- as a demiurge -- she needs a vast supply of immortality fruits to stay immortal; she can't just cram herself into Pyrex or worms or the Dreamlands like the others do. Note also that she had to eat a full bowl to revert to Teen Mottom, where a tiny piece of one was sufficient for Allison to change severely.

(This would also mean that Mottom is covertly mainlining peaches while seated on the throne, which I like. Peach-based tobacco, regalia ceremonially soaked in peach juice each morning, emergency peaches strapped onto the inside of said robes just in case...)

Allison is young for real; Mottom has lived for uncounted millennia.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

idonotlikepeas posted:

I can't decide if I'd prefer it to be White Chain or Alison. Maybe both of them at once?

The sniveling little demon that White Chain bullies and that warns Ciocio in the beginning.

Alone.

Armed only with a boiled leek.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
More like femtogoku at the moment. But give her a musical number and she can reach the microgoku scale.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
These scenes with lots of weirdo aliens in human formal wear kinda remind me of Valerian comics.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
It's possible most of the bureaucracy was inherited from Hastet Om's empire, and yes turning an administration of corrupt and cruel petty chiefs into one of honest and efficient managers is not an easy task; especially when said administration spans hundreds of thousands of worlds.

But she has had uncounted millennia to do that transition and she can handle assassination attempts better than most reformist politicians. Get rid of the worst guys at the top levels, introduce gradual changes, and in a couple million years it could become a mostly-fair empire where it's mostly-okay to live.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I'm picturing Batu Khan wallowing in his golden horde.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Raposa posted:

Has a term limit, for now.

Emperor Trump has that ring to it, you know?

Trumperor

Trumperator

Trumperosaur Rex

idonotlikepeas posted:

Who is that boy? He is the successor. The successss...

It's possible that she was trying to say "sucessor's boyfriend". It's also possible that true royalty can say "gently caress prophecy". I guess we'll see.

Zaid is the Successor, Allison is the Successoress.

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jun 26, 2016

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
So I take it the universal translator devil that she had to eat doesn't count.

Also, pow, right in the dick.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Cougar Trains: romance with mature ladies on the Orient Express

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
It's her

Operant posted:

prophetic name
:ms:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Phy posted:

A giant orange baby named Hrotomos

When he finally matures into adulthood, do we call him

Hrotomos Prime

Hrotomos Past His Prime

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

sirtommygunn posted:

A surprising number of these guys survived the first fight to make it to the current one.

They dodge with expert timing.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Like "former" and "new" and "past" and "future" have any real meaning when you are one with the Godhead.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Demiurge4 posted:

This is the dumb motherfucker right here.

The spearhead has a different, more ornamental, design than the spear that was lodged in White Chain's head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
It's Eglamore