Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Yeah that's pretty much how Aesma operated and look at the poo poo she was capable of.

Sidenote: I wonder if she ever found that dog she wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

I'm so happy for them!

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/seeker-of-thrones-9-118/

god drat it I love you, you big blind senile grandpa dragon horse dog

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

ThaumPenguin posted:

yeah how do you exit the mouth door
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLsulpowS7k

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

ThaumPenguin posted:

I'm at work I'm not watching that
It's just Tweety beating on Sylvester's uvula like it's a speed bag until Sylvester spits him out.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

If he does, KSBD will finally qualify for a Newbery Medal.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Hell yeah hell yeah hell yeah I hope 6 Juggernaut Star shows up either in the army or just on the palace or tagging along somehow.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants fine .

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

paragon1 posted:

Grandpa needs to talk to his PA about appropriate workplace attire.
Like the dude who has a million sword piercings in his neck isn't secretly tacitly condoning her look.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

BAH GAWD!!!!!

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Can you be sad while making it rain? Yes. Yes you can. Poor Cio.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

MY SON!

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Tollymain posted:

its gotta be a little weird to have had your childhood home used as a one-off artillery weapon
There's nothing more powerful than love and more dangerous than nostalgia.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GJ4NccQWAY

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Yes, good, excellent.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

I hope they befriend the poo poo out of her and she joins the crew.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Alison getting away with murder and all of her other poor decisions is perfectly in line for royalty avoiding comeuppance for their actions by sheer virtue of being royalty. Royalty is a continuous cutting-and-running from consequences motion. :colbert:

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

God I love the last panel, that's some rad poo poo.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

ThaumPenguin posted:

Felicia's overall purpose in this comic is to show Allison how you can't just recklessly use other people (like Oscar does) without the consequences eventually catching up with you making sure the people you're recklessly using are right proper dead.

An important lesson for a budding Royal.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

That's why Mammon exists the way he does: To show that even if you are canny and/or lucky enough to gently caress over everyone else during your climb to the top without them biting back, your final result is still a mountain of worthless yellow rocks as you try to remember why you cared so much about the stuff in the first place.
But you're surrounded by grandchildren who exist because they couldn't bring themselves to kill you! Who could ask for anything more?

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

If Oscar's dead: Allison and Cio don't have to worry about him interrupting their budding romance.
If Oscar isn't dead: Allison and Cio get to deal with him dramatically showing up and threatening their romance in an appropriately literary fashion.

It's a win-win!

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

He's going to show up again like every single other time hes shown up.
uninvited and suddenly.
Perfect!

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Wherein Cio demonstrates that she really knows the right things to say to her girlfriends when she greets them from slumber.

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/seeker-of-thrones-11-146/

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Alison's gonna win by being wildly incompetent like that recent story foretold. Aesma's foolish luck will smile upon her.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

White Chain slowly drags a chair out onto the deck, spins it around and sits backwards on it. "Hey you two, let's rap about the truth of creation."

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

So as a whole I've loved this entire buildup because it both lets you know exactly how much he's a jerk who sucks and needs a whupping from a royal dumbass and also gives a bunch of people bad at critical reading ammo to be like "n-no he's good and nice and good, see?!" to be thrown back in their faces and this is just a beautiful ripe chocolate-covered sweet cherry on a rich seven scoop sundae with the works.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Agreed. Legs shoulda bent backwards at the knees. Also I would like another set of thumbs next to my pinkies too, that'd be real nice.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Michael Jai White, hands down. Dude actually knows martial arts and he's got an excellent voice.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

xcheopis posted:

Yes! He has the right look for SD, too.
"I am smiling."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGJGRRERYk4
"Who the hell is interrupting my Ki Rata?!"

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Return of the Bastard Swordsman also has the main enemy get completely owned and flustered because a fortune teller more or less shows up and says "howdy motherfucker you did kung-fu so hard your dick don't work anymore and because you broke your dick your heart is gonna explode and kill you, you dummy, you fool, you chump" and this is so emotionally devastating to Dugu Wu Di that it just throws off his entire game for the rest of the movie because he's just thinking about the fortune and it makes him reckless and paranoid to be called out like that. So it's perfectly in canon with the rest of KSBD in the sense of "powerful person gets completely wrecked by accident by tricksy rear end in a top hat".

The movie's kind of a weird meandering mess though. In true Shaw Brothers fashion but nevertheless.

Vox Valentine fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Sep 23, 2018

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

I am completely down with everyone being buff and good-looking forever because god drat, Abaddon really knocking this poo poo out of the park and making swole as poo poo royalty look good to all orientations and expressions.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

I like the shrine to Aesma.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

paragon1 posted:

Abaddon has said itt that demon is just a generic catchall for "bad things".
She's gonna befriend the absolute poo poo outta that demon.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Juggernaut Star in a leather jacket with holes for their spikes that just has TIRED BITCH up and down the sleeves and HELL ON WHEELS on the back.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

I did first see Head Of John in the RPG.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-2-25/

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1063676298533441536

:vince:

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

The sanctioned action is to not Photoshop.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

"A man is capable of hunger of the black flame, in possession of reason, in possession of passion and capable of true death. [unsheathes sword] I find myself surrounded by many men today."

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

ConfusedUs posted:

The path to royalty is often indistinguishable from the path of madness.
Best exemplified by the tale of the tragedy of so-called Imperial Majesty of the Pacific Coast Nort-UN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Santa positively affirming his self as a being that is still capable of physical intimacy at his age but it doesn't need to define his identity or his ideals?