Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Have now read the entire series AND thread. Cannot believe I am update reading yet another web comic, but this has been soooo good so far I was extremely disappointed in how quickly I got to the end I want more!

This had better be yakkety sax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Update.

Still not sure where she is keeping her hands in a usable way.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

JuniperCake posted:

I think you've nailed it with this one.

A maybe sword in this context is basically a sword that exists in every possibility of cutting at once. So like.. if you were a novice and had it, you'd murder yourself with every possible way you could gently caress up in an instant. If you are really good and unpredictable though, then its basically a sword that lets you attack someone in every possible way that you could conceive all at same time. Potentially infinite cuts from all possible angles in the blink of an eye if you are impossibly creative. Theres a few versions of it out there in various sci-fi things but that's the gist.

So yeah, our angel friend here is going to be in pieces real soon.

From when the bullet was fired, it appears she can see all possible paths along which she cuts, and selects the right one. Similar to how she was able to avoid the thrown knife by seeing all paths the knife could take (judging based upon the way it was presented artistically).

Or not.

Just reread K6BD this afternoon, which clarified things a great deal, now being able to pick things out. Such as, the prophesy cartoon. Clearly there are our devil and angel friends to either side of Alison, but to the farthest right is that Auntie Maya? I think I can account for the rest of the characters portrayed.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Goddamn

Giant Ethicist posted:

An idiot speck of a girl with more talent for eating than skill with the blade. So much potential, wasted.

Nice.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Draadnagel posted:

So perhaps that means that a red key (is it a key?) means that she is a former Demiurge.

Well, the key Cio stole had to come from somewhere vOv

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

One takes sugar in his tea, the other milk.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

This is a wonderfully excruciating title to read in updates

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

GunnerJ posted:

I think Cio is a bit out of her depth here.

If she can't come up with a million different magic solutions to "Allison is escaping on an airship" then yes she is a lousy excuse for a witch-goddess.

What about an airship also occupied by Problem Sleuth, Ace Dick, and (Past) and (Future) Pickle Inspector? Hmm?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

GunnerJ posted:

This is the real secret to Allison's potential for Royalty imo:

Alright, time for a change.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

all the kids are doing it

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Pureauthor posted:

Notably, Mottom's halo disappeared once she hesitated.

"What did she just call me? What is a turbo? I guess I should be offended but...weird."

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Lovely tribute to Luke and Yoda though Abbadon.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Tarezax posted:

I'm not seeing dessication. What I do see is Mottom crying. Allison drove a loving demiurge to tears.

All she wanted was a friend who understands her.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

TEETH

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEjXPY9jOx8

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

I assume they are pissed because of where Alison transported the ship. Probably floating above Mammon's place or something

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

I had never noticed that has Alison named Princess...Esq, that the key was flamed up. Nice.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Definitely the explosions

Will never grow tired of the patter of the the crew here I think :3:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Phy posted:

The sanctioned action is to blunt cut. Then texturize.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

AtomikKrab posted:

More visually intense scenes banisters and teacups take abaddon longer to do, so the huge fights near the end took longer to art up.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Malpais Legate posted:

Those aren't wavy magic lines, they're her hands shaking because she just got exsanguinated by a batshit insane magic grandma demiurge.

Not everything is magic guys.

But she doesn't do it on other pages. I too took it for a shimmering of minor power, same as the glowing of the key, and a snip of the shears of want. In the update draft you don't see the shaking as she continues to cut, using the scissors normally. I think the main point Abbadon is making is that the sanctioned act doesn't require magical scissors.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Who What Now posted:

The update still has her shaking, so there goes that idea.

Yeah welp

e. I will say it makes the alt text for the last page a little curious, since I don't necessarily think of opening and closing scissors as a "hardcore way of cutting hair". vOv

Bilirubin fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Oct 26, 2016

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Stabby carrot

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

President Ark posted:

piss, the link on wayback machine to read the original K6BD MSPA thread doesn't let you read past page 5

gently caress Andrew Hussie for hating fun

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Looking again at the prophesy image on the block of ice containing...whatshername (Jadis?), it appears that Jagganoth is allied with Allison, Cio, White Chain, and Maya against the rest of the seven.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Darth Walrus posted:

That seems to be the long and the short of it, yeah, though Incubus knows, Mottom knows, and Jadis almost certainly knows but was unable to properly communicate it.

I thought Mottom was of the camp that thought she was to transfer this key. Think back to "you're not looking for...a boy?" line.

But I have probably forgotten some other development.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

And counter to the gender role theme already established in the book

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

When Alison was repeating "The secret names and voices of god" her key flares, and do I see the first sputterings of a crown briefly forming above her head?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

A very good update

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Hmmmmmm!

Also is that a potential crown starting above her key?

HMMMMMMMMM!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Benson Cunningham posted:

This is the most delightful web comic.

:perfect:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Spiderdrake posted:

Every once and a while you look at a completed page and go "yeah he had fun drawing that"

I am so hype for this

I had fun looking at it!

e. oh look piles of gold in the background! I wonder where we are... :getin:

Bilirubin fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Nov 16, 2016

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Poison Mushroom posted:

I didn't know Aesma had an SA account!

lol GoonerJ that has got to sting a little

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

That picture brings me great joy and happiness

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

hahaha

YESSSSSSS

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Who wants a perfect hero in the yool 2016?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

thatbastardken posted:

also, blood loss. and looking at her eyes there probably a concussion or two.

That's the royalty you are seeing

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Rereading back through the beginning of this book, and goddamn if both the art and narration aren't hitting new heights.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

the future is WOW posted:

Later nothing, technically she owns all of creation now. All she needs to do is claim that poo poo and murder some demiurges.

I want to see that one roommate's reaction when she learns that Allison did indeed go to Narnia, but it turned out that Aslan was dead and someone murdered the children.
"And yes it's a loving Bindi!"

Arrived early to a Christmas dinner so went shopping and found a copy of the trade paperback. It's glorious; I'm delighted to have it, and may have sold extra copies when doing my victory dance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Maduo posted:

The point isn't that she accepted change in Mottom's crypt. She 'accepted' change when she dyed her hair and became a sorority sister and pushed down whatever real aspirations she had. This isn't her growing a new layer, it's shedding all the old ones.

So Cio is kind of right but not in the way she thinks. Except in the lighting matches department that poo poo is the most right.

Royalty is a cute Sailor Moon cosplay