Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

SunAndSpring posted:

Eh, I'm sure the door will be fine if you just feed it something. Like, I dunno, the eye of a certain protagonist that has been heavily foreshadowed as to losing an eye in a future event.

Why stop at the eye?

https://i.redd.it/svhwtng6xzhz.jpg

Nilbop fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Aug 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Motherfucker posted:

Also sometimes I wanna reply on the actual site and in between all the tryhard comments just leave comments like "great comic, really love it!! Can't wait to see whats next" just to space out the cringe.

God I'm so with you on this.

I can't even scroll down the page too fast anymore lest I see a bunch of tryhards nodding smugly to themselves going "Mmmhmmm ah yes as expected her name is actually Kill Six Cuddly Hamsters."

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Dead Reckoning posted:

semi-god (Zoss)

Semi-god?

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

atomicthumbs posted:

so that eye is fine, unless she just flipped her sprite

I contest your definition of "fine."

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

It's like you kids have never seen Speed or something, and I know that can't be true.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

D.Ork Bimboolean posted:

Just a minor recap/bridge. The last time we actually saw Mottom's palace was

Its time to tie it all back together baby.

I’m just now realizing she’s dressed like an Airbender.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Wow, I did type that.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

There are a lot of badasses in very close proximity here, I'm legitimately unsure about who's gonna come out on top, they're all identifiable characters, and most of them are women. This is some top shelf loving work.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

I could see this move so naturally it’s incredible. It’s a pity no animation studio would ever tackle this.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

She's fine.

Mammon though is probably going to have a complete breakdown or go completely fuckass berserk.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

That was a great goddamn page.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

I appreciated the Achewood shoutout :)

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

PMush Perfect posted:

Who would the most royal Fallen London character be? And specifically FL, the Sunless games expand the scope so much that it's an entirely different discussion.

Actually I've got a question regarding Sunless Sea if nobody's got a problem with a quick diversion, seeing as we've got a few fans here. And it's just a request for explanation of the ending of the ambition to sail east. Specifically what "Traveller Returning" is and who the "pale, white thing" is.

I'm a very literal man, you see, and that game nearly destroyed me.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

There is a wiki out there that seems fairly comprehensive, but because I’ve just played the games I can’t really say if it goes into the kinda stuff you want or not.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

So I don't interract with the fandom often so I don't know if this question is taboo or not, but is there any word on what's been going on with the updates recently?

From an original schedule of "Every Tuesday, Thursday and sometimes at the weekends" it's become once per week over the past few months, and this week looks to have been missed entirely. Is Abbadon busy with something or other?

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Ah, that would explain it.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

I am so friggin' stressed out over where this is going.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

I thought it was a prison!

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Allright, allright. Okay.

This is some loving stellar poo poo right here.

Put this poo poo in a pot and slap an old lady face on the label because this is thoroughly my jam.

Holy goddamn.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Juggernaut Star must be completely losing her poo poo rn

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Queen of Thrones - White Chain Discovers Pooping.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

But nobody saw him get punched? They saw him take off his bangles, then the ground exploded, then there's two people about thirty feet from each other.

I want an audience member with keen enough eyes to point and say "Oh no! The emperor has suddenly sprouted lesions!"

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

The point with Zaid is that everyone thinks he's important. It doesn't matter if he isn't or that Allison can blow up buildings with a punch now; Zaid is real estate, and Sol is hedging his bets.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

I really didn't get why Solomon's empire was such a problem until Abaddon spelled it out for me.

I think part of that was because immediately before it we saw Mykos under Mottom and Yre-Ynamon, which might as well have been nightmares next to the Greco-Nubian paradise of Rayuba. But probably partly because I thought Solomon was just so freaking cool and we'd only seen a bit of that "Pride" aspect so far, which seemed like a really reasonable trade off for living in such a civilized place.

I'm guessing now that he's finally been given the option of being truly noble and altruistic we're about to see the fully depths of his pride reveal itself.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

I don't think passing on your martial abilities is a thing. Even Zoss only gave Allison his key, not his might. Remember the years where she was useless?

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

M_Gargantua posted:

She's been trying to warn them for millennia now, but she only gets a solid hhhhhhhh before someone interrupts her.

This is also seemingly the moment of prophecy

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/ksbd-4-77/

Since you've pretty much got everyone there or at least already invested (incubus, mammon, and motom). WC and Cio flanking our solid lass who is listening to zoss's advice. Meti is off in the stands, and the ballroom blitz about to kick off universal war. Jagganoth probably about to rush in via red glowing apocalypse.

I just want to point out I loving love Jadis' design. The flowing cloth/scarf on the CUBE is just perfect.

quote:

That's the perfect time to do it if he can eliminate his biggest problems in one fell swoop; Solomon, Janis and Gog-Agog are his biggest threats by a wide margin.

I really think Gog-Agog's going to be a much bigger problem than anyone is giving her credit for. I'm getting Cell-like vibes of "If even one worm survives anywhere on the Wheel, she survives."

I'm extremely hyped for all this, by the by.

Nilbop fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Sep 16, 2020

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

I'm enjoying every element of this universe conspiring to remind us that Incubus is a big bag of crap with the sole exception of himself when he's in someone else's head.

Kinda routing for the guy.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

My favourite thing about Incubus is that he knows he's a peace of poo poo, and that everyone else knows it too. It's why he's so pissed off all the time.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Dead Reckoning posted:

Can you imagine how infuriating it would be to spend decades becoming invincible and building an army and psyching yourself up to go to war against the last and greatest Prime angel, the voice of God, over the entire course of reality and all creation... and the woman with The Key is still on that "the wrong sort of people are in charge" bullshit, like the Universal War hadn't already happened. Acting like she knows you want to destroy the world, as though you were some sort of cut-rate Dragonball villain. Smh.

Allright, I'm on board with Team Big Red Machine.

Get to work, Jaggy baby.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

I think you mean a whole crowd of grand entrance.

Also they were all gogg-ed. Or possibly maggog-ed.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

I'm more interested in why Jagganoth needs Allison's key to kill Metatron. Can nobody reach him without her key?

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Dude's spent a hundred-thousand years building an endless army of hell-generals to win the War that Ends the Universe and people are seriously like "but he blew up Cowboys Stadium."

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

She's too obviously Harley Quinn to not be Diniverse Harley Quinn to me.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

According to the Wiki Incubus is a master of "Head of John," based on this question Abaddon answered:

quote:

Q: I just noticed that in every appearance he's made, right back to the flashbacks in the first book, Incubus has three studs in his forehead. Is he a master of Head of John?

A: He is indeed! Good catch. The style was actually based on stuff I added to his appearance early.

Can someone smarter than me clue me to what this means?

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

[Betrayalton Imminent]

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Surely that should be “treadeth the winepress with the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God,” right?

I mean come on first century drug addict John the Elder, get it together.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Skippy McPants posted:

Zoss' armor isn't armor, it's a prosthetic.

Wait, where was this established?

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Pretty sure he’s just going to go back to doing interactive stories with us, the loveable goons.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

(inspects the bottom of Incubus’ feet)

Oh yeah, what ya got here is metaphorical filth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

habeasdorkus posted:

Yeah, they need her. Admit it.

Woah hey, woah, hey