Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
My god look at that smug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Cue scene transition to the crew?

Man that foreman is still loving intense. SD going from holding that block off center to on the center between pages is maybe a bit strange. But it probably wouldn't even register on a normal read through.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Bongo Bill posted:

All these dudes have the same facial marking, but there was a woman a few pages back with a different one, and none of the Solomon Juniors had any such thing. Paint, or scars? Some sort of caste system?

The jurors had their halo circlets, the woman had three vertical lines, and these people with at least some modicum of authority have one horizontal line. If not caste, they do seem to be keen on denoting rank. Notably the workers don't have any visible marking.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Bongo Bill posted:

At least some of the workers have the same mask-looking outline under the eyes as the officers.

Oh hey you're right. I think actually all the men have them. The very first time it showed up it almost looked like what would happen if you tried to put on a necklace that was too small and called it fashion, but that's definitely not the case since it isn't visible on the back of anyone's head. So yeah, either ritual scarring or just face paint everyone is supposed to wear. And now I want to see more people in different settings to know if it's just a gender thing or also a rank/caste thing.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Well, he was facing Alison when he was being carried off, so I guess he saw Zodd giving her the key. Meaning he probably saw her disappear, and maybe he even partially understands now what happened?

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Sep 26, 2018

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Took me far too long to remember those scars were from Mottom. When someone spends an entire book keeping their wounds from bleeding through force of will, it's easy to forget how extensive they were.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
wrong thread

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Oct 1, 2018

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Meanwhile in front of the mummified corpse of a god is a small shrine and a person next to it, what, selling incense and offerings? I can't tell if that blue plume is a fire or a feather.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Abbadon posted:

Preem is a shortening of ‘Supreme’ in U.M., it is used to refer to a person of status. It is generally used to refer to men, but not always. The female equivalent is ‘Pree’, which is generally used for woman, but is also used as a term of familiarity or endearment. It has a diminutive, ‘Pre’, which is used mostly as a term of endearment.

If "Pre" has come up in the comic itself I'm pretty sure it went right past me.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I'm surprised it took so long for someone to bring up that panel.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

The Lone Badger posted:

Is that a full-body halo?

Looks like all it's missing is the symbol in the front.

Also, I just love how confused that little guy is.

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Oct 7, 2018

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Hremsfeld posted:

Any word on when that bigger reprint of book 1 is coming? The one on Amazon is just slightly smaller than book 2, and it would annoy me, but I want to throw money at Abaddon.

I bought both on Amazon about a month ago, not realizing an upgraded Book 1 was incoming. What I ended up with are both the same size (just a bit shy of 8.5"x11"). If anything, my Book 1 is a tiny bit taller, but it's hardly noticeable. Book 1 was printed in April, and it's the third printing. Book 2 is the first printing.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Rexxed posted:

So yours don't look like mine?

Correct. The Book 1 now being sold at Amazon (haven't checked anywhere else) is the reissue that matches the size of Book 2.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
:aaa:

Well poo poo, that was metal.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I wonder if Empty Palm turns everyone's aura who uses it blue, or if it's just due to Allison emulating her master.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Xand_Man posted:

Eagerly awaiting the panel where Alison mentions the flaw in Solomon David's style before throwing him through a building.

There's no way that colosseum is going to last the tournament. They never do

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

PMush Perfect posted:

So, basically, Empty Palms is what happens when someone sees Bruce Lee's One Inch Punch, and decides that only using the technique over small distances is for chumps.

And then they get so into they figure "why stop at hand-to-hand?"

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
She has a degree. She just never followed through on going back for a law degree like she planned.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
On the one hand, he has been disappointed by twenty five generations of his sons, so maybe he tried that. On the other hand, he's too prideful to see anything but disappointment in them, so that still isn't much of an excuse.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
She does not look pleased by that knife. Tbf, I wouldn't be either. Looking forward to seeing what this boss is going to throw at her.

Sniper guy paints an interesting picture. Clearly he was going to snipe the guy, even before we knew for sure he had a bow, but it was so unbelievably far away that to our narrator the very idea of it was absurd, even after he had seen the arrow fly.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Yesss that entrance. The original pages of this section already indicated that White Chain was having Alison follow in their footsteps, but this callback to Vash does a lot to really make me feel that.

Also that style. So intimately aware of your body that its imperfections eventually drive you insane. :stare:

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Demon != devil. If you're bad, you're a demon. Husband tree was definitely bad. Cio is good (now), so she is not a demon.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I really enjoy the fact that the artistic red fight background is bleeding through reality as it back lights the dust cloud.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Oscar is more the "shots of opportunity" kind of guy anyway. If he's squaring off against our red friend, something has already gone horribly wrong.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

I really appreciated his bio when I saw it:
"i cannot draw thumbs or nipples but i can draw 1000+ masochist priests and a dragon fighting please help"

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
It's more than just armor, considering you can see an eye through that helm.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Angry Alison with a proto-halo framing her face rather than crowning her head? Interesting.

And yeah, gently caress those guys.

Also all over that book three preorder. Four. Page. Spread. It's going to be glorious.

and by glorious I mean probably not actually as good as looking at it on decent screen but still

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jan 7, 2019

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Its kind of like how an avalanche is just some snowflakes. Individually harmless, but together it hurts.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
It's not stealing if they're your own posts.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Well, he looks like Bowie, so to me he sounds like Bowie. Allison turning him into the Goblin King only clinched it. Though he's a sarcastic, sometimes angry Bowie.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Belligerent Knights are RPG protagonists

True up to the point where they decided to join the antagonist after they realized he was unkillable.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
The scars from Mottom glow as she wields a spear like the one she used to kill her tree. Yessss.

E: Actually, all her scars. Slightly less fun as a callback, but I still love it. And her hair turning into a giant flame.

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Feb 9, 2019

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

habeasdorkus posted:

Is that young Swolemon David before the masters of Ki Rata?

Also, we're in a dream world and so Inky might not actually be cut as he would be in reality. Just as he looks like hell in the real world instead of sexy Bowie Dreamworld Incubus.

e: And he's gotta be talking about Maya when it comes to quoting Vince Lombardi, right?

Sound right to me.

Incubus, the poor swordsman who only cares about winning, is definitely talking about Maya. And the visitor before the masters of Ki Rata is definitely Solomon David. Who will go on to care so much about winning that he will use their forbidden art to kill the general and take his key.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
My money is on Allison doing something final with the keys that removes them from play and walking away from power. Basically a more final version of what Maya did.

E: Actually, is there any reason not to think that Maya just killed the previous holder of Incubus’s key and never took it?

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Feb 15, 2019

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Taerkar posted:

Royalty doesn't believe, royalty knows.

Royalty knows, even in the face of ignorance.

... especially in the face of ignorance.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

jng2058 posted:

Yeah, but Mottom only did that because she was following Allison. If Allison had gone home to Earth, say, Mottom would have blown the doors off Earth's gate instead. Mammon's poo poo got wrecked because of decisions Allison made. Indeed, she did go in there planning to wreck as much of Mammon's peace as she needed to in order to free Zaid. That she had a change of heart when she learned that Zaid wasn't there and saw how pitiable Mammon had become didn't change her original decision to invade his home.

Mottom was less following Allison and more going to where she had sent her. It was a break first, ask questions later kind of deal. Once Allison pissed off Mottom, Mammon's poo poo would have been wrecked regardless of where Allison had gone.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Patware posted:

for gently caress's sake shut the gently caress up about nipples and thumbs

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I’m not sure if that ghost image of the hand is necessary to convey the smacking. Or at least, I understood there was a smack before I understood there was another “hand” there to help me understand the smack. Then again, people have been surprisingly dense when it comes to parsing some motions in this comic, so better safe than sorry I suppose.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Hmm, slamming. I meant slamming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Rotten Red Rod posted:

His whole thing is using air pressure so I took it as that ghost hand is actually visible for a moment.

I'm fairly sure that outline of his hand is as real as the outline of Gog Agog's missing head. Though jokes on me if we start seeing a bunch more of them when he fights.

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Feb 28, 2019