Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

Welcome to World of Warcraft, a closed setup role-moderate game for 16 players with shittily written flavour (so it's true to the source material DOHOHOHO). Heroes, you face a threat lurking in your midst. You must discover who the traitors lurking amongst you are, and execute them so you can finally be truly safe..

RULES - Breaking these rules will make you liable to be modkilled.

• Nights will be closed.
  • No posting after the hammer.
  • No out of thread communication unless you are specifically told that you are permitted to.
  • No toxxing/betting/truth or dare.
  • Hangings are majority, not plurality.
  • No posting mod PMs.
  • No editing posts.
  • No faking day actions.
  • No lurking.
  • No posting screenshots from any kind of chat doc.

Seriously, don't lurk. If you sign up and later realise you can't commit to this game, PM me and ask for a replacement. But ideally, only sign up if you can truly contribute to the game.

Town win condition: You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.
Scum win condition: You win when scum players control the vote.
3P win condition: ???

Players:

1. BottleKnight
  2. CapitalistPig
  3. Conall
  4. fiery_valkyrie
  5. imgay
  6. Kashuno
  7. Magnus Gallant
  8. MEDS CURE SCHIZOS
  9. Poison Mushroom
  10. Quidnose
  11. Rarity
  12. Section 31
  13. Someone Awful!
  14. TMMadman
  15. Tommunist
  16. uranus

Replacements:
  1. Podima

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Oct 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

BottleKnight posted:

let's resub to wow and RP on moon guard derp

no come to WRA and be human blood elf garbage with me

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

Someone Awful! posted:

Uh excuse you but wyrmrest accord was the superior role play experience, I think you'll find

Also uranus is that a signup?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

BottleKnight posted:

I have an irl friend who still RPs on wyrmrest. Moon guard is actually the worst rp experience of all time which is why uranus and I belong there.

So what you're saying is that you're going to goldshire

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

Wyrmrest Accord. It's the name of a server.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

Alliance for the draenei

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

Almost everything is ready to go, I just need to finish up the role PMs so the quicker we fill up the quicker we can start.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

Rarity posted:

Sam you ignore me

Why you ignore me?

I didn't know if that was a signup! Adding you now.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

Have you invited them to the bone zone and mentioned your skill at doing it from behind?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

Did you take that ghost angel to the bone zone?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

Sending role PMs! Sorry about the delay, when I woke up the forums were dead.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

Game has not begun yet. S31, I need a way to get ahold of you so I can send you your role PM.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

BottleKnight posted:

S31 has PMs...?

He doesn't. I tried.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

If Kumbamontu even wants to I'd do it.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

should I just officially start the game even though someone hasn't received a PM?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

Dawn breaks over the city of Dalaran, the purple spires creating an enchanted skyline. Despite the fact that the sun is only now rising, people are already awake and arguments and accusations have already flown forth. Who knows the identity of the traitors who lurk amongst you? Can you triumph when you don't even know who the enemy is?

Day 1 begins.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

put that in a link please I'd rather you not get probated.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

You may edit that post.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

You may also edit it again to tag it nws

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

OP now has votefinder image and linked player list and totally had that all along because I definitely didn't forget to edit those in.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

You all have mod permission to give yourselves whatever names you please.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

You have not been replaced. You'll need to buy plat again or give me an email address though or I will have to replace you.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

PM sent!

Was it that banner ad that said "CLICK HERE IF YOU WANT TO GET BANNED"?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

BottleKnight posted:

Bonezo & Baraas, bros 4 life.

I'm going to let this slide because I saw what the post originally was but you should really know better than editing.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

Also, is this deadline okay? I'm awful at timezones, so I can bump it a bit if it doesn't work for people.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

Enjoy your extra ten hours to yell at each other then.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

With the first day, accusations fly back and forth. Everyone is suspicious of somebody, but eventually it is decided that the most suspicious person in the city is a Tauren named BottleKnight. He doesn't even seem to struggle, just looking around with a confused look on his face as blows and spells begin to rain down upon him.

Upon searching his corpse, nothing of note is found. A mace. Some pocket change. A few bits and pieces, nothing to identify any significant power or skill.

Day 1, BottleKnight the Tauren Hero (Horde-aligned Vanilla) was lynched.

Send night actions via PMs please. The quicker you get them in, the quicker day 2 can begin.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

Morning dawns again, and this time along with the rays of the sun everyone is greeted with the smell of charred fresh.

Upon searching for the source of the smell, the citizens of Dalaran find the house of Magnus Gallant. In the doorway is a pile of ashes, behind which a charred outline is imprinted on the wall behind them. No information can be glaened from a pile of ashes, unfortunately.

Magnus Gallant, ??? (???-aligned ???) was reduced to ashes on Night 1.

Day 2 begins.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

The following players need to post more or risk being replaced:
  • MEDS CURE SCHIZOS
  • Section 31

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

Tommunist has been replaced by The Ninth Layer.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

Fixed the Votefinder error. Also realised I made the deadline 6am so I added another six hours.

Conall if you haven't made a presence by the end of the day, you will be replaced.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

I can't close or open the thread from my phone and writing flavour on one sucks so I'll do it when I get home in a couple hours. Consider the night begun, send in actions yada yada.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

Once again, the citizens of Dalaran congregate to discuss their suspicions of the treachery that lurks within their midst. While the words get heated and people begin to call each other liars and doubt their very nature the discourse never goes beyond harsh language and when night falls everyone goes back to their homes, still living

Nobody was lynched on Day 2.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

This time when you all awaken, it is with the sound of a loud explosion. It seems some magical experiment has gone wrong, and the ensuing destruction consumed a fair amount of the residential district including the homes of Someone Awful!, Rarity and Conall. Interestingly enough, even though the explosion killed everyone within it outright, it left their corpses and homes perfectly intact.Two bodies as expected, but in place of Someone Awful!'s corpse was a hulking demonic figure... Which was also stone dead.

Someone Awful, Eredar Warlock (Legion-aligned Jack of All Murders) was modkilled on Night 2
Rarity, Blood Elf Hero (Horde-aligned Vanilla) was modkilled on Night 2
Conall, Night Elf Hunter (Alliance-aligned Tracker) was modkilled on Night 2

As well as this, one more citizen has gone missing. No corpse has been found, but The Ninth Layer seems to have vanished. WIthout a body to identify him, it's impossible to learn more about him beyond what is already known.

The Ninth Layer, ???-aligned ??? was killed on Night 2.

Day 3 begins

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

Oh. I forgot to mention that there's an inventor. He gave me an axe. A Mechano-Mech-Mechachopper.

##kill TMMadman

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS charges at TMMadman, who barely has time to yell in surprise before the violence begins. It's simultaneously terrifying and beautiful to watch, as what was once a dwarf is reduced to a pile of meat and the remains of chopped up armour. From his remains, enough of his belongings can be found to determine that he really is nothing special. Just a dwarf who fell victim of an axe.

TMMadman, Dwarf Hero (Alliance-aligned Vanilla) was cut to ribbons on Day 3.

After a brief pause in which one of the dissenting voices in the townspeople's wish to kill imgay has been removed, those pushing for his execution suddenly find themselves in majority. They waste no time in grabbing the troll and unleashing spell and weapon upon the confused man.

imgay, Troll Druid (Horde-aligned Doctor) was executed on Day 3

Get your night actions in quickly please.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

Oh, I hosed up the votefinder by moving imgay to dead before posting it. Oops, ignore that.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

If I can't reopen tonight, this night might go long due to me not knowing when I'm going to be functioning after surgery tomorrow.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

Day dawns again, this time with two missing from the city. uranus was found impaled upon one of Dalaran's many lanterns, his tiny gnome frame making it almost look disturbingly like a child was murdered. Once again, nothing of importance was found in his possessions.

uranus, Gnome Hero (Alliance-aligned Vanilla) was slain in the night on Night 3.

As well as that, Section 31 was nowhere to be found. Searching his house resulted in a note stating that he couldn't stand the horrible existence of undeath any longer, and flung himself off Dalaran.

Section31, Orc Death Knight (Horde-aligned Bleeder) was modkilled on Night 3.

100YrsofAttitude has replaced CaptalistPig

Day 4 begins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

Also don't read anything into who was replaced and who was killed, I literally flipped a coin.

• Locked thread