Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

I'll do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

uranus posted:

i played world of warcraft for five years that i'll never get back. the scumteam should be 'wasted time, obesity, and restless leg syndrome'

let's resub to wow and RP on moon guard derp

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I have an irl friend who still RPs on wyrmrest. Moon guard is actually the worst rp experience of all time which is why uranus and I belong there.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

imgay posted:

ill make an erp character on it

Yes.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

imgay posted:

its like a world full of warcraft

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

S31 has PMs...?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Oh, he got autobanned yesterday.

I sent him a PM for my watchmen game but that was last week.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

my role pm says I am the world of warcraft

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

should I just officially start the game even though someone hasn't received a PM?

In this particular scenario, he had PMs but lost them, so there's not a whole lot you can do until he logs in.

If you want to replace him it's not a big deal, I think he'll understand.

But at this point everyone on this continent is going to bed, so you might as well wait anyway. You can always replace later if he doesn't contact you within 24 hours.

Start the game anyway though, yeah.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Someone Awful! posted:

wait what expansion pack are we on

pretty clearly WOTLK

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Cata was the death of WoW's storyline IMO

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I like TOR, only played it when it was free though.

But it's well made and has good story arcs at points.

Some points are super repetitive but when they add content they're normally fairly diligent about it.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Operative story was the best story, if you didn't play that you missed out on awesome bioware rpg story. Consular was awful. Like, chew your own leg off awful.

My character in the beta was a consular and my first main when I finally did play was a consular. I am so sad at how true your post is.

If anything the story arcs in Dragon Age: Origins are similarly varied in quality, but at least those were only beginnings.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

didn't know jake used to LP

fiery_valkyrie posted:

DA:O is my favourite game of all time. I played that thing so many times and I would come into work every day and update my co-workers on my progress in romancing Alistair. It was particularly awkward the time I was sitting in my office shouting out to my team "Alistair and I finally kissed last night" and then my team member called Alistair walked past my office and gave me a weird look.

/nerd

bahahaha

I have never met an Alistair.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

derp's avatar is coming true! whoaaaaa!!!!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Everquest was the first time I ever had a customer tell me I ruined his Christmas. All because we could only get him 2 copies, not 3, of his stupid expansion pack.

nerds without empathy, actually the worst humans on the planet earth

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

My role PM says I'm town and horde.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Goemon is the worst one of them all

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Also I only claimed because pig claimed first and quid was on his rear end. Read the thread kash lol

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Quidnose posted:

Why did you feel the need to defend Pig here? He made a statement that was untrue, regardless of his alignment claim being true. I'm not seeing the logic behind you jumping in to make sure he is ok.

Then hound him for it! I didn't ruin that particular interaction at all, just the part where him being town and horde was not likely.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Quidnose posted:

That's why I am voting the pigman.

That's a good gacha but could you expand on why you think scum pig would lie about that?

Occam's razor makes it seem much more likely to me that pig was just not reading the thread and then being a dick, not that he was trying to get away with something.

It is a good catch though, pig's just making himself look bad.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Magnus Gallant posted:

are people claiming they can be horde and town? other than pig i mean?

read the thread ffs I already yelled at kashuno for this

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Magnus Gallant posted:

I was being facetious. Because if what I asked was true then this is a nonissue.

I don't see any way to parse that post as anything other than a legit question. But good on you?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Conall posted:

All my posts and questions should be read in a sincere and inquiring tone rather than defensive or critical!

Whoa don't be so defensive, calm down dude.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Rarity posted:

Does anyone want to bet that Conall is a pre-existing mafia player trying to play without their meta?

I also think that the case on Cpig is bad but well-intentioned.

no

Kashuno posted:

Tbh this post comes across as pretty scummy to me. It's trying to cast doubt on Conall, while simultaneously pushing that SA definitely think he's townie. It's stressing that Conall is just trying to talk about something, and that it doesn't matter what it is as if it makes his opinion matter less.

##vote someone

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

To be clear, I do not think Someone is scum because he is being self-conscious. I think he is scum because he is spinning his wheels on other people instead of just spinning his own wheels. I've mildly defended cpig because I don't think he's scum, but to use that to try to force discussion when someone else votes him? It reads as scum.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

This whole exchange feels weird and fake.

I agree.

TMMadman posted:

Man, this is a total reach Kash.

I agree.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

Thats because its too early to do things. What do you expect of me?

Playing mafia? pff

c'mon pig, didn't you just say you were gonna stop insulting people and try harder as town recently? You've done neither this game. Unless you're scum I guess.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Bonezo & Baraas, bros 4 life.

George Kansas fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Oct 11, 2015

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

I'm going to let this slide because I saw what the post originally was but you should really know better than editing.

Oh bahaha, I wasn't even thinking of that. You're totally right. Sorry!

For anyone wondering, the edit just added the pic.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

uranus posted:

why kill that guy and not the other guy if they both bad like you say

I think you have something here.

Kash, what do you think of Tommunist saying you and TMM were a scum-to-scum encounter and then voting you?

Tommunist posted:

I could see TMM/Kashuno or SA all being mafia, for the mean time though.

##vote Kashuno

Wait what? explain the purpose of the word 'or' in that sentence. Who is the scumteam in this thought?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Tommunist posted:

its a bit badly phrased, but since can't edit, can't go back to calrify what i meant. i meant TMM and Kashuno AND SA as individual people could be scum, and they all ping me for different reasons.

So are Kash and TMM scum together in this scenario? Or all of them are likely scum and Kash is just the highest percentage?

Tommunist posted:

Why single me out when i was agreeing with what Pmush said?

Because I also agree with what PMush said. You have more analysis on why Kash is a better vote than TMM, which reads as far worse to me.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Tommunist posted:

my analysis is "far worse" because i put effort into my kash vote reasoning?

or am i reading this wrong?

Yes. That, and the context of why you would put in that extra effort when it amounts to the main reason being that they are both scum together. I don't get why you are separating them as vote candidates when your main reason is that it was a scum slapfight and they are both scum.

Obviously, you can only vote one of them, but I don't like the logic you add to get there.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Tommunist posted:

How is this "scum slapfight" my main reasoning?

Tommunist posted:

Why single me out when i was agreeing with what Pmush said?

??

Literally all PMush says is the slapfight stuff. You say you are agreeing with what she says. I think the stuff you add to her justification is bad. So whether it's your main reasoning or not, I don't like the rest.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Tommunist posted:

you took a part of my post and when i asked why you'd taken that bit of my post in particular when several people (most notably pMush) had agreed with it you argued that it was my main point and that my other arguments were somehow points that added pMushs justification????

Do you honestly think I'm scummy because honestly at the moment it seems you're just needlessly mis-presenting my posts.

Then we are literally arguing semantics for some reason, and I'll stop I guess.

I'm going to bed soon, but the answer is yes, and your vague answers got me from just asking questions I wanted answered to posting my suspicions. I'll follow through on my suspicions tomorrow.

Thank you for answering my questions though.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Tomm's reasoning doesn't logically follow; he claims I am doing this as a "weird defense of SA," yet I was the first one to call SA out for acting scummy against Conall. Calling out someone for being weird or casing someone strangely isn't an automatic defense of another player, it's analysis of the player that I'm calling out. It's a forced argument that reads to me as if Tomm isn't following the game closely, and is jumping on a really bad train.

I agree with this paragraph and it kind of summarizes how Tomm just jumps on a bandwagon and adds only fake content to it.

TMMadman posted:

Also, if the whole things sound fake, why vote for Kashuno? You seem to think we are both scum buddies, so why be the first vote on a guy instead of putting your vote on the other guy you suspect is scum who already has a vote? Granted the only vote on me at the time is by a guy you think is scum, but the point still stands: if you think we are both scum, shouldn't you be looking to make one of us a viable lynch candidate instead of starting the train on the other?

Also, why do you think Kash is scummier out of the two of us?

okay, so what do you think of Tommunist, who says why he thinks Kash is scummier?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

On a reread, I've cooled on SA. I'd much rather ##vote tommunist

Would also vote TMM.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Section 31 posted:

Wow...that's some pages and walls of texts to read.

I want to contemplate. But first, I suspect that there's a glitch in WoW to gain secret advantages for your own character like

##vote Section 31

why do you do this weird poo poo

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

we are way past jokephase, dude.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

It was over 2 and a half days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

fiery_valkyrie posted:

BK, I don't understand what you are saying here. You agree with Tommunist that the Kash/TMM interaction is probably scum-on-scum, but Tommunist is suspicious for posting some additional thoughts and voting for Kash?

If he had voted for Kash with no other comments would you be suspicious?
If he had voted for TMM would you be suspicious?

I would be less suspicious if he had done that, yes. The content he added to why Kash was scummier was bad and forced and this concept screamed out to me that he knows Kash is town and TMM is scum, which is why I asked Kash what he thought. Also why I said I'd vote TMM.

It's a perfect plan since you get to be early on a bandwagon, and also when you're wrong you can just parachute your scumbuddy as town.

It doesn't look like Tommunist is being lynched so ##vote TMM

• Locked thread