Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

Well, sure. It's no everyone has a dayvig, but I'm game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

Mine is the Deadmines (AKA Van Cleef), because as an alliance player, that was my first instance, and my first experience with the wonderful world of healing for PUGs.

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

L4G for mafia, NO SCUM.

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

Replace him with Kumba.

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

I would absolutely believe that alliance and horde are both town, and infighting would blind us to the real threat.

Especially since I used the exact same trick in Dwarf-fia.

Confirming as most op class.

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

Confirming as a NIGHT ELF MOHAWK
Maybe Mr. T hacked the docs! Maybe Mr. T is pretty good with Mafia!

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

CapitalistPig posted:

I just assumed based on derp claiming alliance do you actually expect me to read?
Yes.

###vote CPig

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

I'm not totally sure Pig isn't just ironically acting like this in order to gauge reactions, but the slip about claiming that other people had said Horde were town makes me wonder what's going on. I don't like it, whatever it is.

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

This whole exchange feels weird and fake.

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

##vote Kashuno

Both Kash and TMMad still sound really fake to me. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a fake slap-fight so they can distance from each other. I'd gladly vote either of them today.

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

Kashuno posted:

This is the dumbest logic I have ever seen. Why would we put on a fake slapfight d1 if we are both scum?
It's called "distancing", Kash. Faking not getting along to throw people off the scent of you being scum buddies. Even if you don't know the term, I find it really hard to believe you've never considered the concept.

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

TMMadman posted:

Hey PMush, why did you ignore this question?
Right, let me just hurry and give you a four paragraph analysis of the in-depth particulars of a gut feeling.

TMMadman posted:

Also, if the whole things sound fake, why vote for Kashuno? You seem to think we are both scum buddies, so why be the first vote on a guy instead of putting your vote on the other guy you suspect is scum who already has a vote? Granted the only vote on me at the time is by a guy you think is scum, but the point still stands: if you think we are both scum, shouldn't you be looking to make one of us a viable lynch candidate instead of starting the train on the other?

Also, why do you think Kash is scummier out of the two of us?
TM, you're either incredibly defensive, or really bad at hiding that TM is your scum buddy. It's still Day 1, with plenty of time until deadline. I didn't spend ten minutes deciding which of you I would vote over the other.

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

Mafia edit: really bad at hiding that Kash is your scum buddy*

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

I'm being dismissive because you're trying to distract the attention away from you and undermine my argument. And the more I argue with you about it, the more your plan succeeds.

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Now that we're nearing deadline and there is a lot more content, can you explain why you think TMM/Kash are scum outside of "gut feelings"?
Not really? Their responses back and forth feel incredibly standard for what I've seen of them in slap fights, but it's almost too perfect? Too consistent, which is a weird thing to say. Something about how perfectly normal they're being strikes me as abnormal. Especially for an emotional player like Kashuno, I'm suspicious.

It's like a robot playing a piano. All the notes are right, but the way they're played is stiff and exact and it's kind of unnerving.

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

##unvote

I'm actually cooling on TM and Kash. If either of them were scum, I don't think they'd be this stubbornly determined to keep bashing their heads against the wall like this.

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

TM, you always think anyone who votes you is scum.

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

Magnus Gallant posted:

Lets lynch section 31

##vote section 31
Why?

Magnus, are you drunk again?

fiery_valkyrie posted:

So who do you think is scum? You're not voting anyone and you haven't followed up this post with thoughts on any other players.
I don't know. I kind of got caught up in the TM/Kash thing, and I'd convinced myself I'd found two scum, so I stopped looking as hard. I'd dunk BK over a no-dunk, but I don't really have my own opinions yet. I'll have to do some quick reading before deadline.

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

Magnus Gallant posted:

No I didn't have one. Just don't agree with the cases on anyone and feel like a lurker lynch would be the best course.

Let's do it guys!
Honestly, you might almost have a point. S31 is normally here and posting and making himself look really scummy but flipping town. If he's clamming up, it might be because he's actually scummy.

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

uranus posted:

DEFENSIVE
DISINGENUOUS
DEFLECTING
DISMISSIVE

Dscum

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

Kashuno posted:

Hi here is my list
Why is Conall on your absolute scum list if you've never voted or even really mentioned him(?) until now? I don't like that. Hell, upon looking, it seems like the only time you mentioned him outside of jokephase was to defend him from TM. How did such strong feelings come out of nowhere with no previous mention at all? That feels fake as gently caress.

Add that to that you just made a Lumpen list rather than post any opinions, and I'm starting to wonder if I was right the first time.

##vote Kashuno

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

Hm. I'm not sure if I agree with that case, but it feels genuine, at least.

##unvote

I really need to get a loving reread on this game in.

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

I'm sorry I haven't been super involved in the game. I keep meaning to throw a bunch of time into it, but I've just started working nights () and my living situation is a little chaotic (which has not been helping my sadbrains), so it's been hard for me to mentally and emotionally get invested in the usual cycle of "scum hunt, see something that bugs me, get suspicious, be totally off the loving mark, feel like an idiot, repeat until dead".

I'm gonna try to at least skim the thread while I sit here on my phone, but if someone has something they want to ask me my feelings about, I'll try to answer.

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

I do remember that someone was on my case for having and then letting go of a suspicion very quickly and my only response to that is "I was in an emotional and suspicious mood and the vote explanation made me kind of look at my thinking and I realized I'd rather unvote and look at something else rather than get back to hounding on the same person again who I still didn't actually really feel was scum".

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

I mean, at this point yeah, TMM and Kash tunneling on each other is just kind of a Thing They Do and that sort of makes it a null tell, but they are still sniping at each other and I don't think either of them would risk such a high-visibility, high-risk strategy as scum.

Even as scum buddies, the risk of accidentally actually convincing people to vote each other would be too high, I think.

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

I'm mostly just vomiting up whatever thoughts I've got at this point. F_v is here and very active and puts some pressure on a lot of things and a lot of people, and I like that. Kash, TM, if you're both town, that is what you're trying to do actually looks like.

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

I'd like to know why Quid is so uninterested this game. This is kind of pot calling the kettle a meta case, but I'm used to him being a more vocal, confrontational player. I've admittedly only been skimming the thread, so maybe I'm an idiot, but I normally remember Quid being the very active sort of player.

Uranus is basically situation normal, and I never have any loving idea how to deal with reading "shitpost maximum" players.

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

Also I only just remembered that both uranus and imgay are in this game. If we could get Mr. Capps to replace in, it'd be a party.

Oh hi Rarity, I totally forgot you were in this game. You seem pretty uninvolved too, are you alright?

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

I will pay someone all the money in the world if they can somehow restore my Mafia Newbie status, because I feel like I somehow missed some basic fundamentals and I'm now several years later and have built all my scum hunting "skills" on a fundamentally broken base.

That or I just shouldn't expect to be a very good town player (my scum game is decent, which is fun), accept that I am Literally Autistic, and just deal with it.

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

I'm gonna stop spamming the thread now, but my offer of "bug me about my feelings about people or things" is still open.

Though if it's about an event, a page number would be helpful.

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

fiery_valkyrie posted:

PMush,

You posted about 7 different players in your stream of consciousness and made an alignment call on only one. Who do you think is scum?
My first instinct is Rarity. It's not a strong feeling, but one I can't really shake. No one has really stood out at all this game.

Outside of that, I think I mentioned earlier that I'm suspicious of S31 for clamming up so hard this game, for meta reasons. If we did a lurker dunk, I'd definitely want him to be the one gone.

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I asked earlier but you never answered. How many games have you played with S31?
I want to say this is my third? I'd have to check. Definitely second or third.

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Is that really enough to be making an alignment call based on meta?
Considering that S31 is a newish player? I think so. He's kind of following the same New Mafia Player Path that I did way back when I was Colon V.

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

I'm here.

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

Hey, there's the Quid we all know and love!

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

I think in our race to show off who has the biggest Mafia ego penis, we're ignoring that I investigated Tommunist neé Ninth Layer as scum.

I want to reemphasize that point.
I AM COUNTER CLAIMING YOUR LYING rear end.

I was RBed Night 1.

###vote MEDS CURE SCHIZOS

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

Someone please play Phoenix Weight music while I explain my play this game.

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

Mobile Mafia Edit: Wright

I am a Paladin, an alliance cop. I got the role and knew immediately that I'd only play effectively two ways: either be super productive but in my normal high energy low skill way, but backed by actions, OR a "too scummy to NK" gambit.

Since my life is currently kind of falling apart, I knew I had no chance of putting in the energy necessary. Except it worked too well and I got RBed last night, either by scum who saw through and thought I was a doctor, or town who thought I was scum.

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

For the record, I copped Magnus Gallant, because that's where my suspicions were on N1 and I thought it'd be more productive than wasting energy on the standard TMM/Kash slap fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

I'm a Draenai Paladin. Alliance aligned.

• Locked thread