Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Dibs on Grand Apothecary Putress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Section 31 posted:

Hmm...I wonder if it is possible to use cheat codes and hacks to gain advantages...

:d::d::d::d::d::d::d: [Lynch of the Swift Spectral Tiger] = 10K We give daykill, extra vote, bulletproof, 50K = $10! Low rates, farm your posts for you! Welcome to WOWMAFIA.SCUM :d::d::d::d::d::d::d::d::d:

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Confirming as a NIGHT ELF MOHAWK

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

You're both engaged in a pointless slap fight over nothing. Stop it. You're both pretty.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I've been busy all weekend, given that the game started over a four day. I tried to replace out, but given that the game's dragged on a bit, I'm catching back up.

In the meantime, it's my professional opinion that you two are both town arguing over exactly nothing, but that's from a cursory read of the last page.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

##vote TMMadman

How do you feel about me asking questions? How do you feel about questions?

Get off your loving cross already.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

This game has also taken place over the course of a holiday weekend, at least in Americaland.

Probably worth mentioning that when considering content.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

##vote BK

Hopefully tomorrow will be spent doing more than asking questions about the questions we just asked. Masturbatory "No no, explain this for me?" isn't actually looking for scum, it's the more polite and congenial version of badgering.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Out of the numerous bad votes on BK, I'd say Tommunist looks the worst.

His entire play so far has been entirely non-committal and ambivalent, and not even in a "I don't know what's going on" way. He tried to link Kashuno to BottleKnight for no actual reason other than "both bandwagons were potentially gaining traction", yet didn't actually want to vote for BK until someone absolved him of the potential guilt in an OMGUS vote. This is not town play. It's too safe and is more predicated on "Am I trying to avoid looking scummy?" rather than "Am I trying to lynch scum?".

##vote Tommunist

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Tommunist posted:

I linked them because they both came across as scummy in conjunction to me?

Tommunist posted:

I mean i'll vote for PMush if thats where its obvious its going, but i think SA/TMM/BK/kashuno are much more likely scum

I'm not entirely sure I trust your scum hunting skills to begin with. You outright admitted that you'd be fine with a bandwagon lynch, but in the same sentence, you slide four more names in there. You might as well have made a LumpenList™.

quote:

Obviously BK didn't flip as scum so I'm out on the pedestal here.

It took eight other people to lynch, myself included. It's not the vote that's damning, it's how you got there.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Tommunist posted:

But if he'd flipped scum i wouldn't be being questioned now, which is/was my point.

Is this because we'd all be cheering and shaking hands and opening champagne, or because you wouldn't have made these posts to begin with?

I'm looking at things through hindsight. You're apparently using alternate reality-sight.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

The whole point of it isn't what the person flipped as, it's that you're actively avoiding firm stands unless you have some assurance from other people that it's okay.

If he had flipped as scum, your ambivalence would probably have looked worse because it would be seen as reluctance to actually push scum.

However, I am inclined to partially agree with your past point: It is a pointless tangent to talk about what could have happened, because it's yet another means for you to avoid doing or saying anything incriminating. Your entire defense thus far can be summed up as "Nuh-uh" and "In an alternate universe, this wouldn't matter".

So, let's put aside your "I wouldn't be drawing attention if he had flipped as scum" and focus on what's actually happening in the game.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Madman, I hate the question schtick because it's basically white noise. You're not actually pressing anyone, you're not looking for an actual answer, and when someone calls you out on it, you can backpedal using the "I'm just trying to cause discussion, isn't that what the game is about?" defense.

Furthermore, if he does flip town, you can wash your hands of the whole thing because you were just asking questions and trying to get more information out of him, you weren't actually pressing him.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

And as I type that on my phone, you pass the buck of creating discussion to someone else. Again.

:downsbravo:

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Furthermore, what's the end goal of asking fifty million questions of everyone in the game?

Is there something you're specifically looking for, are you looking to frame people who don't answer them as anti-town, or are you trying to go Monstering but don't actually have the gumption to actually hound someone to death until they gently caress up?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I'm so glad we're going to spend the entire game focused on trying to find scum two or three at a time.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I think we should go ahead and continue the precedent of "Pivoting the lynch to someone else" and switch back to Tommunist.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

For starters, you can stop trying to solve the loving game by trying to guess scum like you're making a parlay wager.

Identify one scum. Then and only then, can you identify others. Grabbing all of them in one go doesn't win you some sort of trophy, it just opens you up to being blindsided.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

He strikes me as super new and I kind of feel bad about it. Call it Mafia-dadding, but I really hate beating up on new people and I always try to give them the benefit of the doubt.

On the other hand, he's scum. Really scum. So scum that it hurts. I'd be happy to let it slide a bit, except that he's not defending himself and also he's scum.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

These are all fine and dandy points that I would strongly consider if Tommunist wasn't scum.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Tommunist is a lurker.

He is also scum.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Oh good, Ninth is here.

He replaced scum, which means he is scum.

##vote The Ninth Layer

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

That's just bad play and/or being dumb.

Also, Ninth is still scum by virtue of replacing scum. Sorry, Ninthy buddy, but you still have to die.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'm 100% not worried about dying this game so do what you think you have to do.

I mean, if you're a miller, that'd be nice to know. Are you a miller?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

The Ninth Layer posted:

Not that I know of but I haven't gotten my full PM yet.

Waiting on the scumdoc?

The Ninth Layer posted:

If you investigated me as scum, you got a bunk result.

Only one way to find out, my friend.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'm not third-party either. Town town town. I will say that my role is so ridiculously powerful that I've never gotten a role on its level before, to the point where I must wonder what scum got to compensate.

If you're softclaiming Thrall, I hope to god there's a dayvig. For Seebach.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I think in our race to show off who has the biggest Mafia ego penis, we're ignoring that I investigated Tommunist neé Ninth Layer as scum.

I want to reemphasize that point.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'll flip town. :)

Man, I'm not trying to convince you that you're scum, that's a fake idea.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

How utterly convenient that you were roleblocked and chose the dead guy who got janitored.

Nah. I'm not buying your counterclaim.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

##vote Poison Mushroom

My word against yours.

Except that, you know, I'm actually thinking clearly here.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Are you saying you investigated PMush?

Nope. Investigated Kashuno. He is town.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

The way I see it, I don't give a gently caress what PMush's alignment is: He's a lying scumbo.

I decided to try and clear someone else who was already under suspicion.

Your move.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Legion and not-Legion respectively.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

In my defense, I was trying to accomplish two things:

A: Avoid pointless arguments over flavor, much like we had with the hurr durf Alliance Horde bullshit on Day 1.

B: Figure out if I had found the scum faction or merely an SK. Since the result I got wasn't conclusive without further evidence, I condensed it down into "scum". Sue me.

I'll answer further questions in, say, thirty minutes. Driving into work now.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

My flavor is pretty ambiguous as to whether the Legion was a specific faction or an individual, which is why I decided not to push the flavor angle from the get-go.

Having seen someone other than Ninth flip as Legion-aligned helped clarify.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

The exact result was "Not Legion".

Although given all of Ninth's posturing about how powerful of a role he got, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he wasn't actually dead, but I think it'd be stupid to go down that rabbit hole.

Basically, given the amount of information I had at my disposal, I feel like I've made the appropriate choices to avoid bogging the town down in stupid flavor slapfights. Maybe I'm wrong, who knows.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Blood elf demon hunter, Horde-aligned.

Loosely paraphrasing, my powers let me identify members of the Legion.

This is why I wasn't sure if I was finding scum or third-party. On the other hand, rushing in and going "YO GUYS THE REAL ENEMY IS THE BURNING LEGION" would have sparked a bunch of flavor bullshit and called in attention on me during the night.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Quidnose posted:

Also, followup to Betrayer: Why did you investigate TNL on N1?

I investigated Tommunist because I had never seen him before and his posts jumped out at me as way way way too safe.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Not to mention that if he believes me, then he's voting for confirmed not-Legion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Quidnose posted:

What are the cultists who exist in WoW, I can't remember. Are they Burning Legion?

Cults could either be Cult of the Damned (followers of the Lich King/Kel'Thuzad) or Cult of Twilight's Hammer (followers of Cho'Gall/the Old Gods).

The flavor's pretty inconsequential at this point.

• Locked thread