Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Who is dscum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Poison Mushroom posted:

##unvote

I'm actually cooling on TM and Kash. If either of them were scum, I don't think they'd be this stubbornly determined to keep bashing their heads against the wall like this.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Why is Conall on your absolute scum list if you've never voted or even really mentioned him(?) until now? I don't like that. Hell, upon looking, it seems like the only time you mentioned him outside of jokephase was to defend him from TM. How did such strong feelings come out of nowhere with no previous mention at all? That feels fake as gently caress.

Add that to that you just made a Lumpen list rather than post any opinions, and I'm starting to wonder if I was right the first time.

##vote Kashuno

PMush, how do you reconcile these opinions? Why did you change your mind that scum would keep bashing their heads against the wall? Does this mean you're suspicious of TMM again as well, since you cleared him for the same reasons.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

TMMadman posted:

This is funny

FV, I'm guessing your question is going to get ignored. Plus I'm pretty sure it was just a posturing vote since PMush removed it basically right away.

In my opinion that makes it worse.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm here. You two like to focus on each other a lot in games you play. How about both of you provide some opinions on others. Not trying to say you haven't -- just that you both seem to tunnel each other no matter what.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Worse for Kash or PMush or both?

Worse for PMush. She has flip flopped on her opinion on Kash all game. Throwing down a vote again today that she was so easily talked out of instead of any attempt at scum hunting, or answering any questions from yesterday or expressing an opinion on any other players in the game is just scummy.

##vote PMush

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I just read Tomm's post as him saying "i'm not around for the next 16 hours".

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Section 31 posted:

Greetings again, I'll read everything more thoroughly although I still think that both PoisonMushroom and TMMadman are evil scum. For now.

##vote TMMadman

Why? You've never explained why you think TMM was scum in the first place?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

CPig,

can you elaborate on why you think SA is scum? Is there anyone else you are suspicious of?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Conall, I liked your early posts like this one.

Conall posted:

How else does the game get going though? You commenting on my case is better for the game than one liners.

I mean, we can talk about movies and stuff but unless someone forces something then nothing happens. The lynch is gonna be basically random anyway on d1. This is the best thing I see right now so I'm voting it. I'm not gonna vote anyone based on the character name they picked.

You seem to be analysing things and not concerned about how others perceive you. You should come back and post more. Who do you think is scum today?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

imgay,

imgay posted:

Everyone please vote Kash, My ancestor's whispered to me his crimes

What exactly did they whisper to you?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Meds,

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

For starters, you can stop trying to solve the loving game by trying to guess scum like you're making a parlay wager.

Identify one scum. Then and only then, can you identify others. Grabbing all of them in one go doesn't win you some sort of trophy, it just opens you up to being blindsided.

Got anything else to add other than Mafia-dadding? Do you have opinions on anyone other than Tommunist? Are you going to try and convince us of your case, or is it just there to make it look like you're scum hunting?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

PMush,

Poison Mushroom posted:

I'm gonna stop spamming the thread now, but my offer of "bug me about my feelings about people or things" is still open.

Though if it's about an event, a page number would be helpful.

You posted about 7 different players in your stream of consciousness and made an alignment call on only one. Who do you think is scum?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Quid,

Quidnose posted:

##vote Kashuno I like this I think

Why? What do you think of the other two vote leaders, SA and PMush?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Rarity,

Rarity posted:

##vote Kash

C'mon girl. Time to explain.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Section 31,

Section 31 posted:

Greetings again, I'll read everything more thoroughly although I still think that both PoisonMushroom and TMMadman are evil scum. For now.

##vote TMMadman

Are your opinions of TMM and PMush linked or independent? ie, if one of them flipped town would you have to completely reconsider your opinion of the other, or do you believe they are both likely scum separate to their interactions with each other?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

SA,

Someone Awful! posted:

well i mean, Rarity did a case here, so there's that

This is your only post today. Who do you think is scum? Are you still suspicious of CPig? Why/why not?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Tommunist,

Tommunist posted:

I linked them because they both came across as scummy in conjunction to me?

Obviously BK didn't flip as scum so I'm out on the pedestal here.

Has BK flipping town changed your opinion on the other people you were suspicious of on D1?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Derp,

uranus posted:

dont feel bad kash, the dice have selected you and there is nothing you can do about it. just shitpost and have fun for the rest of the day is my advice.

Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Now everybody play mafia dammit.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Kashuno posted:

hey F_V you sure are asking a lot of questions, give me some reads.

Way to ruin my streak.

PMush is scum and I would vote for anyone else outside of yourself or TMM because everyone is lurking and has no content.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

So impatient Kash.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Kashuno posted:

I was afraid you were going to keep going and I would get buried under a page of F_V

Well I was. Now everyone except you and TMM have something to respond to in the thread and hopefully we can get this game going.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Poison Mushroom posted:

My first instinct is Rarity. It's not a strong feeling, but one I can't really shake. No one has really stood out at all this game.

Outside of that, I think I mentioned earlier that I'm suspicious of S31 for clamming up so hard this game, for meta reasons. If we did a lurker dunk, I'd definitely want him to be the one gone.

I asked earlier but you never answered. How many games have you played with S31?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Poison Mushroom posted:

I want to say this is my third? I'd have to check. Definitely second or third.

Is that really enough to be making an alignment call based on meta?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Quidnose posted:

##vote FV

OK, look, I'm the king of asking questions and I get the frustration with people not playing, myself included, but this isn't solid casework.

I strongly believe that, as town, when you ask questions, they need to be grounded in content review and building a case. I ask a LOT of questions, but they always come out from me looking at the OVERALL trajectory of someone's content and saying "this doesn't make sense to me, why are you feeling this way?" You do this here, but you're cherry picking; you're just finding things that you think can work well for poking the bear and generating content and that's...odd. I guess it could be a frustrated town member who really wants to get people playing but to me, it would make more sense for you to go through and read what has happened on D1 or D2, look at the votes, look at what people said and did, and get some questions from that, not just look for "bad posts" and asking people what the gently caress about them.

I think that speaks to a scum mindset and I think as a result your content generation is pretty fake.

In case you hadn't noticed this game is dragging because no one is posting anything outside of a handful of players. I'm frustrated by it because I want to play mafia. I've been asking questions and making cases, as have Kash and TMM, and this game is still going nowhere.

I have been looking at content from D1/D2, asking relevant questions and making cases. Now I am, as you put it, poking the bear. However, I did not look for "bad" posts and ask people what the gently caress. I just found one post from each player and asked a question in the hope of getting any content going from anyone.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

The Ninth Layer posted:

Hello. Can someone sum up the last 20 pages in ten words or less?

Everyone is lurking.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Quidnose posted:

I don't buy it.

Calling TNL as a 3p of some kind.

Back to my reread.

How do you get TNL as 3P out of your conversation?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Catching up, so you make have already been asked this Quid, but PMush removed this vote not long after making it. Does that affect your opinion?

Quidnose posted:

I like this analysis and this opinion from PMush. This feels town to me.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Quidnose posted:

Because PMush's content has been based in actual reads with content in the thread which have consistant internal logic, whereas you are all over the place and TNL seems to be doing whatever he can to make sure everyone talks about absolutely nothing while he offers zero hard opinions.

Which makes me suspicious of you and him and not suspicious of PMush.

I have backed my opinions up with content analysis. Can you show me where, beyond TNL's summary post of why I am "spewing bullshit," he's analyzed and interpreted content, rather than purely basing all of his bullshit calls on me in semantic nuance that have nothing to do with my presenting my content disingenuously?

I feel like we're playing a different game. Pmush's content is almost entirely meta, or assumed meta. Kash & TMM are scum because that was a scum slapfight. Kash & TMM are town because scum wouldn't keep fighting. S31 is scum because he's lurking hard. Someone else (I don't remember who) reminded PMush of how she played as a newbie. Everyone of these reads has been based on meta and not game content.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Quidnose posted:

3p uncuddleable, reiterating this.

Why not scum uncuddleable?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Kashuno posted:

I'll trust it. ##vote TNL

How did I miss that post? ##vote TNL

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Oh hey, welcome to the party FV. Have fun with it all.

Btw, FV, if you to turn out to be scum this game I'm going to be so mad at you because right now you are like the towniest looking person in the game right now. :ssj:

I just finished the Quid/TNL "discussion". I think my brain exploded.

You won't be mad, don't worry.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Quidnose posted:

Because I don't think he's been scummy, I think he's been forming zero opinions and distracting everyone. That reads 3p to me.

I don't see how that isn't scum behaviour.

I also don't think that is what TNL is doing.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Is MEDS around? MEDS, explain why you decided to investigate Tommunist.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

The Ninth Layer posted:

Do you have a reason for voting me besides an investigation result?

No. Other than that I wouldn't vote you at all.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Did the deadline get changed? I thought it was today.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Do you not think that there could be a bus driver or framer out there given the janitor? It could be a game that is just designed to mess with night results, so that's why I'd prefer to work off content and intent at this point.

It didn't occur to me, no.

The Ninth Layer posted:

Then please don't. I'm not going anywhere and neither is the investigation on me if you change your mind.

I can agree to that. ##unvote

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Poison Mushroom posted:

For the record, I copped Magnus Gallant, because that's where my suspicions were on N1 and I thought it'd be more productive than wasting energy on the standard TMM/Kash slap fight.

This doesn't match your posts. Towards the end of day 1 you were agreeing with Magnus that Section 31 was likely scum.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Poison Mushroom posted:

Fine, then. A one for one trade isn't bad.

###vote Poison Mushroom

Is this your response to me asking you why you investigated Magnus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Poison Mushroom posted:

I honestly don't totally remember my thought process.

Ok, so why did you choose to investigate Magnus?

• Locked thread