Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Fine, but I've never played WoW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
But now we'll probably have to wait until tonight before this game opens because stupid SSV is in one of those stupid countries in the stupid south Pacific.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Someone Awful! posted:

Specifically new Zealand but yea

Just means another page or two of shitposting before joke phase even :c00lbert:

It's a place where they were hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Someone Awful! posted:

Soviet Russia?

Rand McNally?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So, do we all run fast or is it just me?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
True story: I played the original Warcraft game.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Rude. I read the thread now though.

##vote Kashuno

Lynch all liars.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Someone Awful! posted:

im not even gonna try to argue this because you're right. i was just posting my opinion on it though (that it was townie but misguided/hella forced), because it seemed like the Thing To Do

though now i'm overthinking it and wondering if conall is scum trying to make an early start re: content so people think he's towny and basically i'm turning my brain into a wifom shitstorm, so i'm gonna go have some coffee before i post more worthless poo poo

Man, this post is just awful.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Magnus Gallant posted:

What's awful about it?

It's just so seems self-conscious.

Kash calls out SA for his post about Conall and SA responds by saying he's not going to argue because Kash is right, but then he proceeds to very thing Kash accused him of in the first place: Casting shade on Conall while at the same time saying he's townie. But he ends the post by excusing himself for it because he's just WIFOM'ing himself and it must be because he doesn't have coffee. It's just a post full of nothing and excuses.

In fact, if you go through all of SA!'s posting, it's almost all complete fluff. Now part of is pregame stuff, but a good portion of it is after the game started. It almost feels like he wants to get a bunch of posts in now so that if he disappears later he'll still have a higher post count.

It's definitely good enough for a vote, so ##vote SA!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Lol so which of you is scum?

So are you saying you don't think SA is scum?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

One scummy post does not scum make. If I thought he was scum I would be voting him.

So who do you think is scum? I'm surprised that you haven't voted for anyone yet.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Right now you come across to me as scummy. Meta, but I'm actually surprised you threw down a vote so early it's not like you in town play, nor is it like you to push a case on someone this surely this early

##vote TMM

How is this early? We are 2 full days into the game at this point.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

One scummy post does not scum make. If I thought he was scum I would be voting him.

Also, considering this post, your vote on me is hilarious.

I guess one post plus meta is good enough to make a scum, huh?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

It's not just your SA vote, but your reaction to the scenario. You didn't feel confident enough to vote SA right away, but once the votes started rolling in, you were quick to hop on. You then question my alignment read, and are now acting defensive and condescending when I've not rolled over and let you off this case with no suspicion.

Man, this is a total reach Kash.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Poison Mushroom posted:

This whole exchange feels weird and fake.

Going back to this, why does it feel weird and fake to you?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quidnose posted:

I do agree with Kash that's TMM's "This is awful" post looks like a way to float the idea without committing to it, and the timing afterwards of a longer case and then a vote seems odd. Why not just vote initially if you were feeling it was lovely enough to warrant you saying everything about it was bad? It's kinda odd.

So it's weird to you that I think a bad post is bad and when asked why I think it's bad, I explain myself and cast a vote?

Do you think that post by SA is a good post?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

Going back to this, why does it feel weird and fake to you?

Hey PMush, why did you ignore this question?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Poison Mushroom posted:

It's called "distancing", Kash. Faking not getting along to throw people off the scent of you being scum buddies. Even if you don't know the term, I find it really hard to believe you've never considered the concept.

Also, this is a terribly condescending post.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Poison Mushroom posted:

##vote Kashuno

Both Kash and TMMad still sound really fake to me. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a fake slap-fight so they can distance from each other. I'd gladly vote either of them today.

Also, if the whole things sound fake, why vote for Kashuno? You seem to think we are both scum buddies, so why be the first vote on a guy instead of putting your vote on the other guy you suspect is scum who already has a vote? Granted the only vote on me at the time is by a guy you think is scum, but the point still stands: if you think we are both scum, shouldn't you be looking to make one of us a viable lynch candidate instead of starting the train on the other?

Also, why do you think Kash is scummier out of the two of us?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Poison Mushroom posted:

Right, let me just hurry and give you a four paragraph analysis of the in-depth particulars of a gut feeling.

TM, you're either incredibly defensive, or really bad at hiding that TM is your scum buddy. It's still Day 1, with plenty of time until deadline. I didn't spend ten minutes deciding which of you I would vote over the other.

I didn't ask you to give a 4 paragraph analysis of why you felt the exchange between me and Kash, I simply asked you for a reason. If you want to go with gut, then that's fine. Why do you feel the need to be so defensive and dismissive of a simple question?

Also, how is it being defensive when I'm asking you why you didn't vote for me? And your attitude towards voting and not spending time actually deciding who is scum disturbs me.

##vote PMush

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Poison Mushroom posted:

I'm being dismissive because you're trying to distract the attention away from you and undermine my argument. And the more I argue with you about it, the more your plan succeeds.

So asking you questions to clarify your position on me is trying to draw attention away from me? And what argument? You said you're voting on a gut call.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

TMM is giving heated dismissals of people and their opinions so far. I'm pretty confident about my vote.

Once again, can some explain how I'm being dismissive when I am directly engaging PMush and asking the reasons behind her vote?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Poison Mushroom posted:

Not really? Their responses back and forth feel incredibly standard for what I've seen of them in slap fights, but it's almost too perfect? Too consistent, which is a weird thing to say. Something about how perfectly normal they're being strikes me as abnormal. Especially for an emotional player like Kashuno, I'm suspicious.

It's like a robot playing a piano. All the notes are right, but the way they're played is stiff and exact and it's kind of unnerving.

This is an incredibly forced post. You really want to hang your defense on it''s 'almost too perfect'?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I agree with Kash here.

The issue for me TMM is that you didn't think the post warranted a vote until two other people had voted the player you talked about. If you'd had your vote on another player and you were serious about that vote, I could understand you might have some reluctance to move it, but you were only sitting on a joke vote.

Also, why wait to be asked before explaining why you thought it was a bad post?

##vote TMM

Or maybe it's just that I was reading the thread in the morning and made a quick post about how awful SAs post was before going about my business for the day. It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't spot. If I had said "oh this post is awful" and dropped a vote with no other explanation, then I'd be getting hit for dropping an easy vote and then making up the reason for it later. But instead, I'm getting hit because I did it by saying it's an awful post (and seriously, do people think it's a good post?) and then coming back later and giving my reason why I thought it was a bad post combined with my vote.

At this point, it's I'm pretty sure that at least one vote on me is scum. The real question is whether it's Kash and his starting vote, or Section 31 and his drive by third vote. It's also possible it's SA since I feel like his reasoning for voting is weak here:

Someone Awful! posted:

i think i agree with this logic; as others have pointed out it's kind of weird/hedgy (hi i'm a hypocrite!) to post about how my post was a bad post and then wait to gauge reactions before voting on me. if you thought it was a scummy post, why didn't you just vote immediately? idgi

##vote tmm

I'm not necessarily buying the fake slapfight angle but i don't know anyone's meta so maybe i'm missing something there

only other thing i've noticed is that there are like 4 people (meds cure schizos, f_v, section 31, imgay) who either havent posted anything game-related or haven't posted since d1 official start. which sucks.

He doesn't actually say anything substantional but think he agrees with Kashs logic, except Kashs logic is a stretch by a mile.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

For what it's worth, I could see pmush and TMM scum together. Pmush feels like they're floundering right now especially with pmush coming out and saying "yeah they both look scummy right guys? Vote kash" to keep some sus on TMM in case he flips scum, but also pushing pressure off him onto me by making people choose a side in the argument. When I'm at a computer I'll try to build s better case

You really like stretching this game Kash. This logic doesn't make any sense to me at all. In your theory of PMush and I as scum together, why would I come in and attack her for voting you? The bold part makes the least sense to me. If PMush and I are scum together, then she knows I will flip scum, it's not an in case I flip scum deal.

You're making poo poo up and I think you might actually be scum this game.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
In fact, let's go ahead and find out if PMush is scum with you Kash.

##vote Kash

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

I'm saying that in the case you flip scum, pmush looks okay for still keeping suspicion on you while casting a vote for me. I don't know 100% you're going to flip scum, you're being really obtuse right there. Also, casing/attacking a fellow scumbro isn't exactly a new strat. I do it all the time :shrug:

This is really weird defense of PMush.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

"Let's find out if pmush is scum if you flip scum. Vote kash."

Cool chain lynch setup!

Way to be dismissive of my vote.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

I would be less suspicious if he had done that, yes. The content he added to why Kash was scummier was bad and forced and this concept screamed out to me that he knows Kash is town and TMM is scum, which is why I asked Kash what he thought. Also why I said I'd vote TMM.

It's a perfect plan since you get to be early on a bandwagon, and also when you're wrong you can just parachute your scumbuddy as town.

It doesn't look like Tommunist is being lynched so ##vote TMM

So despite the fact that you think the reason Kash is voting me is a reach, you think I'm the scum here?

I don't understand that logic.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also just to be clear BK, your reason for voting me is because you think Tommunist is scum and knows I'm scum. What do you think of my posting? Does my posting make you think I'm scum?

The last time you voted for me on D1 with a weak reason was when you were scum and tried to stick with a meta read. Are you scum here?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

I don't understand the utility of this post but no, I'm not scum. I think your interactions have been weird and I think you've been pretty slimy so I think you'll flip scum this game.

The utility is obvious: I'm trying to get you to clarify your position on why I'm scum. Since you don't seem to want to do that beyond gut I'm going to have to assume you're scum.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

You're both engaged in a pointless slap fight over nothing. Stop it. You're both pretty.

Interesting post from a guy with only 4 posts and no opinions. So who do you think is scum?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well I don't think it's exactly nothing to be arguing over why BK thinks I'm scum, especially considering he has voted for me.

Since I know I'm town, I think it's important that he have his reasons on the record so that town can judge his intentions and sincerity if I do end up being lynched today.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

It's D1 and I gave a specific suspicion. Yet again, you're being obtuse.

Yeah but your suspicion and reason for voting me is: I think Tommunist is scum and I think he knows TMM is scum.

When I press you to expand you just fall back on I think you've been scummy but don't use any examples. It's weak and suspect in my opinion.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

uranus posted:

how do i level up

Vote for Kashuno.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Magnus Gallant posted:

I used to think Tmm is scum but the way he's picking up votes has me scared

So who do you think is scum now?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

Hey TM, what's up?

The sun, the sky and ceilings are all things that are up.

What's up with you Rarity? Who do you believe is scum?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

The sun is down, I'll have you know :colbert:

I'm not feeling great about anyone tbh but Kash was pinging my gut yesterday. I feel like town is too focused on just a couple of people and we should be widening our hunt. Who do you think I should vote for today?

I still think Kash is likely to be scum here. While he usually thinks I'm scummy, he generally doesn't go out of his way to attack me on D1. His reasons for voting me feel insincere.

However, I strongly think you should look at PMush. I figured that she would move her vote if I put mine back on Kash and that's exactly what she did. I have a feeling that she never intended to keep her vote on Kash and was just distancing herself from him because they are scumbuddies.

I'm not sure about the Section 31 vote because he's a weird guy. SA is just sort of an OMGUS vote and I'm not really worried about it. FV is voting me but she is probably town, although that's based on gut. I also didn't like BKs vote on me and think his justification and reasons for it are pretty weak, so I think he might be scum with Kash and PMush.

These are my current thoughts.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Poison Mushroom posted:

TM, you always think anyone who votes you is scum.

No I don't. You didn't vote for me and I think you're scum.

FV and SA voted for me and I don't think either of them are scum.

Why are you trying to mischaracterize me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

Toot toot let's get this party started

##vote BK

Since it doesn't seem like Kash is going anywhere today, sure.

##vote BK

• Locked thread