Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
METATERREN
Jul 3, 2015

I enjoy putting things in my mouth.
On the one side of my family

We lost millions in the great depression (millions in 85 years ago money) -- a bunch of farms owned on debt, leveraged up from the equity of a lifetime of hard farm work coming from the backwoods of a remote countryside (they lived in a wooden shack in a place with a population density of maybe five people per square mile)

We lost millions in 1987's black monday -- investing on margin without hedges. Nearly all of the money earned by a farm boy through entrepreneurial hard work in business after serving in the U.S. military

We lost a few millions in the early 90's -- trusting a business associate to an exceeding degree

On the other side, 1st generation immigrants from an outside country arriving in the USA in abject poverty (the family couldn't eat sometimes). Lost every net worth earned through a lifetime of entrepreneur-style hardwork in the 2007 recession and have dozens of millions of debt baring down with zero assets against it.

Also we're so pitiably poor that the familial elders can't pay for the most recent generation's college tuition and living expenses.

My goal is to get it all back in today's money.. and then some!

The dynasty will be established. The dynasty will thrive!

P.S. educate your farm boys and immigrants in money logic and history

METATERREN fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Nov 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread