Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Oh man, I hope Quinn lives. It was really cool watching him being all tough and professional and poo poo. He's the coolest.

The season has been pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Quinn is a man who can never die.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Quinn is amazing and I really love his character

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

That reporter lady has got to be the most insufferable person in this show. Nothing to do with her civil rights arguments blah blah blah, it's the way she looks at everyone and hounds anyone within five feet of her conversation.

Anyways, there's probably going to be a serious rift between Otto and Saul coming up here quickly. Did we ever fully learn what Saul's problem was with Otto in the past? I can't quite remember. I have a feeling the reporter lady is going to end up in the middle of something quite serious and she'll likely make a terrible mistake relating to a suspect / witness / informant etc. I also don't think Allison can weasel her way out fully from the accusations, Saul and Carrie and Dar might run some game on her and catch her cleaning up loose ends when she gets a moment to herself.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

buddhanc posted:

That reporter lady has got to be the most insufferable person in this show. Nothing to do with her civil rights arguments blah blah blah, it's the way she looks at everyone and hounds anyone within five feet of her conversation.

Anyways, there's probably going to be a serious rift between Otto and Saul coming up here quickly. Did we ever fully learn what Saul's problem was with Otto in the past? I can't quite remember. I have a feeling the reporter lady is going to end up in the middle of something quite serious and she'll likely make a terrible mistake relating to a suspect / witness / informant etc. I also don't think Allison can weasel her way out fully from the accusations, Saul and Carrie and Dar might run some game on her and catch her cleaning up loose ends when she gets a moment to herself.

I think Saul's issue with Otto has to do with some of the stuff we saw in this episode: Saul believes "bleeding hearts" like Otto get in the way of gathering vital intelligence and keeping people safe, and Otto believes that people like Saul are too willing to sacrifice freedoms and go to excessive lengths to do their jobs.

I also agree that the reporter is awful,especially considering every character she interacts with is a more reasonable proponent of her core philosophy.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

There's a new 2 hour documentary on Showtime called The Spymasters, narrated by Mandy Patinkin, that features interviews with the 12 living directors of the CIA. It's really good, and it covers information gathering and successes/failures of the intelligence apparatus since the 80's. If you watch Homeland, you'll probably enjoy watching it.

Stellar Curiosity
Jan 15, 2009

Gonz posted:

Quinn is a man who can never die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liIQLIx2Onw

"Come all without, come all within
You'll not see nothing like the Mighty Quinn"

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style
I like how this season was all about the conflict between the CIA, the SVR and the Whistleblower Foundation, but at the end they all put aside their differences and team up to fight the orcs.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

buddhanc posted:

Yeah, she's a D&D goon incarnate.

How many more episodes are there, one or four? Can never remember which series are 10 and which are 13.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Sentinel Red posted:

Yeah, she's a D&D goon incarnate.

How many more episodes are there, one or four? Can never remember which series are 10 and which are 13.

12 episodes, so 2 more.

spronk
Feb 5, 2011

Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.

buddhanc posted:

Anyways, there's probably going to be a serious rift between Otto and Saul coming up here quickly. Did we ever fully learn what Saul's problem was with Otto in the past? I can't quite remember.

Otto's family were war profiteers in Nazi Germany, in the previous episodes Saul basically said During is trying to erase/atone for his family's sins during WW2 but he doesn't buy it.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Good episode but no loving way are they gonna kill more than 20ish people at that subway station. I haven't been there for a while but that line isn't finished yet and as such only goes for like 3 stations (passing parliament, though), so barely anyone uses it. That's been my silly nitpick for the day. :pseudo:

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

I like how this season was all about the conflict between the CIA, the SVR and the Whistleblower Foundation, but at the end they all put aside their differences and team up to fight the orcs.

Lmao & also it is so disappointing.

Total Confusion
Oct 9, 2004

Zwille posted:

Good episode but no loving way are they gonna kill more than 20ish people at that subway station. I haven't been there for a while but that line isn't finished yet and as such only goes for like 3 stations (passing parliament, though), so barely anyone uses it. That's been my silly nitpick for the day. :pseudo:

I thought they were going to target the Hbf, which would have a ton of people in it if you did it at the right time (but also the most predictable place to attack).

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Nope, pretty sure they're targeting the Kanzlerinnenubahn but I'm willing to let myself be proven wrong.

OTOH, the subway is probably much, much easier to block off completely for shooting huge action scenes.

Total Confusion
Oct 9, 2004
Not trying to :spergin:, but I had a look and it's definitely the Hbf:

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Yeah, but just under the nephew's hand to the right you can make out "U-Bahn", and the sketch to the right looks like the subway station too. The train stations don't have stairs (lol) at the end anyway, but rather in the middle (along with elevators).

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

IIRC they even said it was the Hbf?

In other news: / Weitere Nachrichten:
I hope they don't do the "guy with crucial information to stop the terrorist plot is in a coma and he wakes up in the nick of time and saves the day with his intel" trope

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Yeah now I'm not so sure if they even explicitly said the subway at Hbf or if it's just Hbf in general. Tactically (two teams blocking off the exits) their plan would only work for the subway station but we will see Sunday what they're actually showing if anything at all.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Maybe its only that little U55 station :v:

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Gonz posted:

There's a new 2 hour documentary on Showtime called The Spymasters, narrated by Mandy Patinkin, that features interviews with the 12 living directors of the CIA. It's really good, and it covers information gathering and successes/failures of the intelligence apparatus since the 80's. If you watch Homeland, you'll probably enjoy watching it.

Thanks for posting this. I just finished it and it was pretty awesome. I barely knew about any of what they talked about.

HOT SQUATS
Sep 24, 2006

How all the DJ's cut
How all the DJ's cut
Cut me a slice of your track now
Saul does not have a good record with keeping terrorists unattended. I think this makes the third time this has happened.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

HOT SQUATS posted:

Saul does not have a good record with keeping terrorists unattended. I think this makes the third time this has happened.

Twice in one episode he left someone unattended, really frustrating how inept they can be at times.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Did anyone else get a LOTR/Hobbit vibe when the two clean shaven terrorists entered Hauptbahnhof? It was all I could think about.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

That was loving intense. I'm fairly certain allison is going to get popped here pretty soon, either by a svr operative or the BND / CIA. Also, that reporter lady is still loving toxic.

e- I understand what she's trying to do and I'm totally down with it, but her default mode is scorched loving earth instantly when she feels slighted in any way. It's like she turns into reporter hulk and drops a bomb on everything. If she could show a bit of sensitivity and leeway, I'm sure she'd get a more desirable result for her problems.

buddhanc fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Dec 14, 2015

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
yeah I'm surprised allison isn't dead

also gently caress the reporter, also holy gently caress this was tense

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I really hope Allison makes it to her dacha & she enjoys Russia better than Philby did.

hepscat
Jan 16, 2005

Avenging Nun
That preview though:Carrie you can't just gun down a subway train. I'm sure it won't literally play out like that but it made for a funny teaser.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Allison and the reporter will probably get squashed by a gigantic Monty Python foot in the final episode.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Gonz posted:

Allison and the reporter will probably get squashed by a gigantic Monty Python foot in the final episode.

That would be good too!

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

I may be totally offbase here, but isn't there some serious recourse for saying you're going to release classified documents and then following through? Or is it just the original source of the leak that faces consequences?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I hate that reporter. Hate her so much.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

buddhanc posted:

I may be totally offbase here, but isn't there some serious recourse for saying you're going to release classified documents and then following through? Or is it just the original source of the leak that faces consequences?

In today's world, everything related to leaking info is illegal unless the government says so. They would just hold Ms. Reporter in a tiny, bright cell in some supermax prison until she gave up her source.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style
Ugh, making Alison now willingly complicit in the gas attack seems like some pretty cheap cardboard villain crap. I imagine the final showdown next episode is going to involve her sitting on a throne made out of AK47s and gas canisters, twirling her moustache and going "Mwuhahhahaha!".

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
I find the subway crowd's not protesting that an Arab man that is locking people into an area while there is a Terror threat caused by Arabs to be a little unlife-like.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Thom12255 posted:

I find the subway crowd's not protesting that an Arab man that is locking people into an area while there is a Terror threat caused by Arabs to be a little unlife-like.

Germans are very polite.

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK
do a lot of Germans know how to speak English well?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Hugh Laurie said House MD is hugely popular in Germany for some reason

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Mu Zeta posted:

Hugh Laurie said House MD is hugely popular in Germany for some reason

Sure, but all shows and movies in Germany are dubbed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

nickmeister posted:

In today's world, everything related to leaking info is illegal unless the government says so. They would just hold Ms. Reporter in a tiny, bright cell in some supermax prison until she gave up her source.

I guess US laws don't really apply to her, if she has renounced her citizenship. Did US media ever publish the Snowden documents or was it only international media? I don't remember anymore.

Thom12255 posted:

This.

Mind boggling stupid writing. I can't even .... what? Who writes that poo poo? At least let them wear some stolen uniforms or something. :psyduck:

• Locked thread