Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Previously on Arrow...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
And...

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Yep, still want this Lance back. Deadpool, you can go screw.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"
Somehow the Salmon Ladder isn't same anymore...

Issaries fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Oct 7, 2015

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

JohnSherman posted:

Also

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Oct 7, 2015

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Oh man, this thread is perfect, I just know that from the minute the first episode screens it will just go down hill more and more.

And just to stay slightly on topic.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"
The episode can't be worse than the OP. (We need more gifs!)

Ontopic:

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Yay arrows back!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm seeing some early reviews saying the tone is almost completely different. A lot lighter, and even Oliver is jokey now.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

adhuin posted:

Somehow the Salmon Ladder isn't same anymore...

Doesn't count, he's kipping :v:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

:rip: Roy flips

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

JohnSherman posted:

Seems like everyone dying on Flash/Arrow basically have a retirement plan called "Legends of Tomorrow".

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

This is not the thread Arrow wants, but it is the thread Arrow deserves.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:
I hope this season emulates the success of season 2. Season 3 had cool moments, but the direction felt a little lost. Season 2 also had the very well acted Slade villain.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Manic X posted:

I hope this season emulates the success of season 2. Season 3 had cool moments, but the direction felt a little lost. Season 2 also had the very well acted Slade villain.

This years villain will be armed and dangerous!

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I consider the first dozen gif posts to be the op.
This thread has the best op.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The way they cut on that Sara salmon ladder is very suspicious.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

bobkatt013 posted:

This years villain will be armed and dangerous!

I really miss Raylan.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Aphrodite posted:

The way they cut on that Sara salmon ladder is very suspicious.

I read that Lotz couldn't do the entire thing but was able you get most of the rungs herself. I wonder if this season will finally see Diggle on the salmon ladder, particularly since David Ramsey can do it.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
I love that this thread is mostly about the salmon ladder.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

OB_Juan posted:

I love that this thread is mostly about the salmon ladder.

Hopefully not JUST the salmon ladder

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Alright knock off all the gifs now. I get that not a lot of people liked last season but this is not going to be a hate-watch thread. So if that's what you're here to do then just go ahead and get lost. If the show does dumb stuff feel free to criticize I'm not telling you that you have to post only about liking the show, but if you find yourself posting just to post about what you think is wrong about the show and that it's horrible now and you can't stand it then that is your cue to leave the thread and probably the show behind and find something else. There are still enough people left that like the show even if they were disappointed that the thread is not going to devolve in joke posts and gifs for pages on end.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'll always prefer this over Flash because Green Arrow and Black Canary are way cooler than Barry Allen.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I like the show and thought we were posting cool gifs from the show to hype :(

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I still like the show and the Roy gifs are always hilarious. If / when he shows up this season, he better flip on something or someone.

Aphrodite posted:

I'll always prefer this over Flash because Green Arrow and Black Canary are way cooler than Barry Allen.

Ya but Barry can solve all Oliver's problems in like 2 seconds. See: busting them out of league prison last season.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Yeah my gif was posted with love. :( Got my Green Arrow hoodie on, picked up the Green Arrow Annual (with all my other comics) today... My body is ready.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
I really liked last season and was surprised to find out I'm in the minority. That said, I also thought there was a reasonable chance they'd written Ollie off into the sunset which I thought was one of the ballsiest things I've ever seen in a comic book show.

Willa Holland is still God-awful at the fighty stuff, though.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

rejutka posted:

I really liked last season and was surprised to find out I'm in the minority. That said, I also thought there was a reasonable chance they'd written Ollie off into the sunset which I thought was one of the ballsiest things I've ever seen in a comic book show.

Willa Holland is still God-awful at the fighty stuff, though.

I didn't think it was great, but I liked last season as well and loved Ra's. I didn't like the back half of Flash nearly as much as Arrow so I know I'm definitely in the minority though.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

X-O posted:

I didn't think it was great, but I liked last season as well and loved Ra's. I didn't like the back half of Flash nearly as much as Arrow so I know I'm definitely in the minority though.

I watched both of them alternating and yeah, I enjoyed Arrow far more towards the end, although that's more because I found Arrow to be breakneck bonkers with the universe building and galleries both good guy and bad and Flash had Iris West draining my will to live. I really hope she received a personality transplant in the second season.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

The Arrow is still my favourite Superhero-series* on the tv.
Daredevil is technically "better" series, but I won't be rewatching it anytime soon, unlike the Arrow.

I'm just hope that they don't add too much Superpowers to the show. We all ready have another show for that flashy stuff.

*Unless you count Lucha Underground as a superhero-show.

Issaries fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Oct 8, 2015

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

I thought season 3 was decent, it just had a bad case of roster bloat.

And I think this season will be good.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

X-O posted:

Alright knock off all the gifs now. I get that not a lot of people liked last season but this is not going to be a hate-watch thread. So if that's what you're here to do then just go ahead and get lost. If the show does dumb stuff feel free to criticize I'm not telling you that you have to post only about liking the show, but if you find yourself posting just to post about what you think is wrong about the show and that it's horrible now and you can't stand it then that is your cue to leave the thread and probably the show behind and find something else. There are still enough people left that like the show even if they were disappointed that the thread is not going to devolve in joke posts and gifs for pages on end.

Yeah. I think 90% of the gifs were posted with love, but the episode is imminent, so I agree let's take this thread a little more seriously from now on.

I still liked the previous season, aside from the flashbacks, but I've had that problem since the start of the show. Yeah Flash was better last year for the most part but I'm still pretty hype for this.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
I'm still convinced that Season 3 will hold up much better upon binge-watching. I think it was just so little content between episodes that it made the show seemingly drag. That, plus the stumbling flashbacks, I think will improve with bingeing. At least I hope so. I have high hopes for this season.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
I binge-watched. It was pretty metal - Ra's drubs the gently caress out of Ollie without getting out of first gear? :black101: Plus he was pretty convincing as an old assassin with more regrets than things to look forward to.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Suburban Arrow? Bah.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
This is straight up Olicity bait. I don't know if I approve but I respect it.

Think you used enough dynamite there, Canary?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

I like how Starling City is essentially Mogodishu.

edit: Wait, Grant Gustin?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

hmm, a mayor plot. that can't be foreshadowing for anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Damien Darkh has arrived.

• Locked thread