Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I can't believe how lovely the candy choices of the center left are.

Snickers are terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

ikanreed posted:

I can't believe how lovely the candy choices of the center left are.

Snickers are terrible.

The standout there is 3 Musketeers and Milky Way aka the ones that get left in the candy dish at work with the Almond Joys for weeks and weeks

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
Y'all are weird, please send me the leftover halloweens you are not eating

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

almond joys kick thirty kinds of rear end

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
Fuckin' milky way gets left behind? what is WRONG with you people

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
This one just gets in my craw:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
What a lazy rear end image.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I refuse to believe people intentionally buy Bit-o-Honey more than once on purpose out of their enjoyment for them. I mean, what the gently caress?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Unperson_47 posted:

I refuse to believe people intentionally buy Bit-o-Honey more than once on purpose out of their enjoyment for them. I mean, what the gently caress?
Some people enjoy the taste of Bit o honey? It's kind of like an extra-sweet caramel. Also they come individually wrapped. I don't care for them personally.

Also I am old and think (hard) Werther's are tasty. Plus they make the most acceptable tasting sugar-free candy I've found.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Ahh, sugar free candy, alcohol free beer of the food world.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
At least alcohol free beer doesn't give you terrible diarrhea.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

canyoneer posted:

The standout there is 3 Musketeers and Milky Way aka the ones that get left in the candy dish at work with the Almond Joys for weeks and weeks

Everything going on in the world and this is still the worst opinion I've read on the Internet all day

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

pre:
  |
  +---+-----------+--------
    candy       usual
     chat      content
y is inverse fucks given :)

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
I'm more concerned about the x axis.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Unperson_47 posted:

We were at a team lunch thing at work and the topic came up of candies that people hated. Next week, boss sends an email that he brought in some treats.

He brought in a collection of all the candy that people have strong opinions about. Bit O' Honey, circus peanuts, black licorice, buttered popcorn jelly bellys, Good N Plenty, banana Runts.

It was pretty funny.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Agnostalgia posted:

I'm more concerned about the x axis.

If it was a bar graph it wouldn't be fit for this thread.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Also I am old and think (hard) Werther's are tasty. Plus they make the most acceptable tasting sugar-free candy I've found.

I have, enough times that I worry about it happening again, eaten a whole bag of them in the span of a few hours

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Outrail posted:

Ahh, sugar free candy, alcohol free beer of the food world.

I accidentally bought some sugar-free Kopikos a while back. I couldn't tell the difference.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/AaronChewning/status/836271842608443394

:eyepop:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

vin diesel facts were so much more fun than chuck norries same

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Have one from French TV

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Fathis Munk posted:

Have one from French TV
Election graphs like that should be criminalised.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Fathis Munk posted:

Have one from French TV

They might be converted to seats, not sure cause the graph is awful

But that could explain the huge gap between 4 & 10, if the numbers is seats & the bars is votes. Here, it's something like if you get 2% votes you get 1 seat for your party, minimum. Then after that it gets a bit noodly, but smaller parties get seats before big parties, kinda. so 1% for party A isnt the same as 1% for party B. its a mess. :sad:

Carthag Tuek has a new favorite as of 12:19 on Apr 8, 2017

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

also polling right up to the election loving sucks

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Nope, that's voter intentions, so it's full on %

Also this is for the presidential election so there is only one seat.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
I don't have the tools to illustrate my point but bear with me: the only thing wrong with that graph is the size of the Melenchon bar. Probably whoever made the image entered another value than is written to draw that one bar. If it were elongated by a bit, the relative sizes would fit.
A simple mistake that nevertheless should have been spotted.

Unless that tv station has a particular beef with that one candidate?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

jeebus bob posted:

I don't have the tools to illustrate my point but bear with me: the only thing wrong with that graph is the size of the Melenchon bar. Probably whoever made the image entered another value than is written to draw that one bar. If it were elongated by a bit, the relative sizes would fit.

You don't think a 1 being bigger than two other 1s put together counts as something wrong?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

jeebus bob posted:

That's what I thought too until I noticed that

Jabor posted:

You don't think a 1 being bigger than two other 1s put together counts as something wrong?

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Jabor posted:

O dang I missed that

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

reason i thought so was le pen + macron. each 25, but it looks like macron has a pixel less!!!

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
From what I heard, France uses 2 rounds of voting, could it be that one set of data is the current polling and the other set is the previous round's results? I just don't want to believe that exists so blatantly

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
No, as I said that is all voting intentions for the first round that will happen in like 2 weeks.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Fathis Munk posted:

No, as I said that is all voting intentions for the first round that will happen in like 2 weeks.

yea but it could be a prediction of seats based on the bullshit voting intension dataset

in denmark p much any poll/prediction is counted in seats cause nobody knows what the diff between 18,9 vs 18,8 is or whatever the hell

diff between 15 and 16 seats is huge

Carthag Tuek has a new favorite as of 15:49 on Apr 8, 2017

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Powaqoatse posted:

yea but it could be a prediction of seats based on the bullshit voting intension dataset

in denmark p much any poll/prediction is counted in seats cause nobody knows what the diff between 18,9 vs 18,8 is or whatever the hell

I don't think there are seats involved in the French presidential.

That's 100%, Grade A 1 lovely graph. I don't know why so many people are trying to defend it.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i hate the graph, its trash

i just want it to make sense, like an idiot

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
It's the presidential election, you're just voting for the president, there is a single seat and that's president.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Fathis Munk posted:

It's the presidential election, you're just voting for the president, there is a single seat and that's president.

That's too bad for Fillon, I bet he could give those extra seats to his wife and children.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

jeebus bob posted:

A Melenchon bar, now that's good candy.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

There is no universe where that graph makes sense. What it certainly looks like is an attempt to portray Fillon's and Hamon's odds as better than they are and Melenchon's as worse than they are, and especially to mitigate the lead Melenchon, as the most left-wing contender, has over Hamon, who's the candidate of the left-wing establishment. If you had a pro-Republicains and pro-PS stance, this is is a graph you'd want to produce. Coincidentally those are the oldest establishment parties in France with candidates in the running! :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
That was my conclusion until in noticed that Artaud (trotskyist) and Poutou's (also trotskyist) bar were different even though they had the same percentage.

And I find no way of explaining that except incompetence. There is no malicious interest in depicting one of them having a lead over the other since they are both pretty similar in their "Down with capitalism, go go proletariat" view.