Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

CharlieWhiskey posted:

I find most of this awesome. But what are the plus signs? And why does it say 1 tspn is 1/3 cup? And 2 tspn is 2/3 cup? What am I missing?

The plus means you need both combined. 1/3 a cup is 5 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon. I also don't find that chart to be bad, sure the measurement system behind it sucks, but thats not the charts fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

So what happened on the 10th of August 1941 that took the Nazis from a 99% win to near certain loss? Wiki just has some diplomatic talks between FDR and Churchill. Did they agree they should fight back that day or something?

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

Maybe I’ve crazy but I think for the purpose of comparing volitility the axis make sense? Both are on the same scale of 100% to 600% of the lowest value so you can compare the relative sizes accurately.

That’s not to say that it wouldn’t be better to just graph the volitity directly though.

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

God help me but I easily comprehended this chart.

I've tried a few times and I still go nothing. Are there 8 axis? Can you explain what infrastructure placement means?

Then again I understand (most of) the DOD Program Lifecycle chart just below it so I already know I'm insane, and I blame DAU.

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

Isnt the number of times a paper is cited one of the biggest metrics? Cite yourself and get your own numbers up!

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

That very small grey bar down the US Midwest is surprising. I guess it does line up the more populous bits of Mexico and Texas

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

Its probably some kind of subjective 0-10 score for each category, summed up to a total score. Its not an absolutely worthless way to compare things, but it looks like there is no weighting, so safety is worth just as much as recycleability in making the total score.

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

Are the bed actually get shorter or the whole thing getting longer?

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

Nenonen posted:

Think of a parking lot with lots of cars and you had to look at the bumper stickers on all of them and guess if the owner was an rear end in a top hat or a nice person. Bumper stickers that make it easy to guess right ("TRUMP 2024") have high predictive capability, ones that lead toward random results ("I hate Mondays") are low.

So if you saw 100 MAGA bumper stickers and guessed correctly that they all were owned by assholes, then the MAGA bumper sticker would have 100% predictiveness. If with "Legalize weed" sticker you thought all 100 owners were nice people but turns out that half of them are assholes, then it would only count for 50%.

If this is how it works, and given that 70% of the US is white, wouldn't no information at all be 70% predictive? Then since these are all below 70%, they actually slightly mean the person is question is less likely to be white if they have them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

The Rmb gain is only 1/4 the USD drop so something or things makes up the rest and isn’t mentioned on the graph