Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
I bit the bullet and looked it up (in incognito of course, I don't even want to know what googling "holocaust debunked" would do to my algorithms) and the video itself was taken offline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Euler, on the other hand is having the time of his life!

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Goofus, I believe. The top English is to say 'doofus' is of english origin, with goofus from the scots and doof from the english (though what in the living nine hells is a 'doof'?)

If you have to ask...

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Max actually going out of his way to save him is one of my favourite moments in the film.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
I'm guessing the vertical line is 19xx where people are putting their birthdates or whatever?

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

He solved the traveling salesman problem and this is what he did with it?

What do the colours represent in the top one?

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Winklebottom posted:

It’s just designating if a point is in the first, second, third or fourth quarter of the optimal path

http://www.randalolson.com/2015/02/03/heres-waldo-computing-the-optimal-search-strategy-for-finding-waldo/

Awesome link, thank you! He even talks about how he got around the Traveling Salesman Problem to find a reasonably optimal path.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Can I get this in contour form?

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1260991789206470658

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Thank you for this, I heard it described on a news podcast last night but I couldn't for the life of me find it myself. It's magnificent.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

HerStuddMuffin posted:

Not in the US, their calendars are all SMTWTFS when they have days of the week in columns, instead of the MTWTFSS you see elsewhere. I was told it’s because that’s the biblical week, but I have no idea if it’s true.

Surely it's the other way around with Sunday being the 7th day, the day of rest etc?

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
So they protect evil?

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Turtle goes in corner, tortoise replaces turtle.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Carbon dioxide posted:

At the very least post a graph. This is the graph thread you know.

plus or minus half a child

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Lmao this is (almost) entirely just by release date, isn't it?

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
You know it's just :corsair: nostalgia because those second generation pokemon universally sucked poo poo.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Are Netflix still doing games? They did that one Black Mirror episode, a port of most of the first season of Minecraft Story Mode and a Bear Grills thing. I thought they'd given up after that.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
If it's a cage match then I can take an eagle. Their big advantage is predicated on being able to gently caress you up then fly miles away to rest where you can't reach them.

As for animal behaviour, I think their behaviour has been overwritten to purely want you dead. That's the only thing that concerns them. The human goes into this fight knowing this, but otherwise unchanged behaviourally.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Gary is exclusively a cat name now, like Tiddles or Mr Whiskers. You can't name a person Gary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Scientists have puzzled for years over the enigmatic Microsoft Excel. What is its purpose? How do we use it?

Now with chatGPT we finally have the answer.