Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Don't binaryshame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Dragonwagon posted:

I think it's done that way so that a black and white version would still be readable.

Still?!

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Talkie Toaster posted:

Academic journals charge for colour printing. Hundreds of pounds if you want colour figures.

I mean, nobody will ever actually read the printed version but techically your figures should be legible there.

I meant it can't "still" be readable in B&W because it isn't readable in color

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Finally, a Zelda game that deals with real-world issues. #maturegaming

Seriously though what the hell would "conservative liberals" be? Other than just a fancy way of saying centrist.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Wait a minute...

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Yeah, gas was reliably > $4 a gallon at that time. I remember it well because it was right when I started working.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Yeah it's not exactly a persuasive argument either way, but it would have much better internal logic if both of the same-sex ones had both partners on one side of the see-saw. I guess gay people have a wider variance in weight for some reason?

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

I think my brain is broken, I'm seeing Loss in this one too.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Regardless, it's a bad chart because (1) it doesn't put conservatives anywhere (I guess you can either lump them in with Founding Fathers or Hitler depending on how you feel) and (2) there appears to be a Y axis and you can kind of guess the ones higher up are supposed to be better (because Founding Fathers!), but it's unclear. Also it makes it look like the Constitution is one step away from anarchy.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Pakled posted:

In a similar vein, this is what a literacy test black people had to pass to vote in the Jim Crow era South looked like. This particular one was 30 questions in total, this is just the first page.

The questions were deliberately vague so the examiner could fail anyone they wanted (all black people).

Holy crap :aaa:. I mean, I'm not sure why I'm surprised. But drat.

Also: I'm particularly struck by the arbitrary parenthetical, "one inside (engulfed by) the other"

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
It's like a bunch of Dr. Bronner's soap bottles having an orgy.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

MrUnderbridge posted:

Somewhere on YouTube is an old film from some Canadian homemaking show or something that is from the early 60's. It has a lady with a strong Canadian accent telling how today we'll be making a new dish called "pizza pie". One of the hard to find ingredients is mozzarella cheese, so you can use a mild cheddar or American as a substitute. You can also leave out the oregano from the tomato paste if the flavor is too strong.

:discourse:

And thus, southern pizza was born.

Really, it amazes me how people offer all these crazy theories about how New York water must be the secret to their pizza being better. Then you find out they're literally just putting tomato sauce and mozzarella on dough. Oregano, you fools! :argh:
(And a little parmesan too)

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
The Beatle graph mostly makes sense, but it really confused me at first because I thought the vertical positions of the Beatle heads corresponded to the different sets of bars.

Tree Goat posted:

i laughed at the drawing of the fat mouse

"WAT"

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Quoting from the Dumb Marketing thread because it really deserves a spot here too:

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Here's a dumb billboard!

And a little bonus too if you didn't notice it:

SpacePig posted:

Is there a second, almost identical, but also wrong flow chart under this one?

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I like this Japanese version of Community.

I thought it was Loss, except you have to assemble it yourself like IKEA.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

AtomD posted:

When you get to the last panel there's always that little piece missing.

:drat:

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Some stadium got successfully sued once because their "small" and "large" beers were actually both the same amount, but the "large" cup was taller (and thinner).

Edit: link - https://deadspin.com/fans-sue-arena-after-video-reveals-large-and-small-beer-1542917808

Sir Lemming has a new favorite as of 15:09 on Jul 16, 2018

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Would Australia be flag on flag?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

Chocolate covered quinoa is surprisingly not bad, assuming you like Nestle’s Crunch bars. It’s like those but with a better grade of chocolate.

That makes lots of sense, but it does seem like a waste of quinoa when rice works perfectly fine and is way easier to come by.