Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

dijon du jour posted:

A trilby is a fedora with an extra layer of "um, actually, it's not a fedora, it's a trilby :smug:"

I adore the thought precess behind this, "surely the solution is to wear a slightly different piece of pretentious headgear. Brilliant!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

MrUnderbridge posted:

And weren't the puritans pretty far from libertarian?

"A witch? Yeah, well, that's just her thing, you know? Live and let live, I always sayeth!"

Popular myth holds that the Puritans who settled in New England were motivated by a desire for personal religious freedom and liberty. A shockingly large number of people still take this at a literal truth, rather than the rosy apocrypha it actually is.

poo poo, people in the US still struggle with the idea that Columbus was anything less than a kickin' rad dude who discovered all the things and paved they way for our great nation!

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I like this more than I probably should.